Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 24: May-September 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
Welcome to the Charles and Camilla current events thread, part 21

Part 20, covering the period March and April 2008, can be found here

~ ~ ~

Britain's Duchess of Cornwal along with Prince of Wales, Prince Charles arrive in Belfast for the start of a two day visit to Northern Ireland, 20 May 2008. Their Royal Highnesses, The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall first engagement of the day have met representatives of the North East Ireland Slow Food Convivium in Nick¿s Warehouse, an internationally recognised Belfast Restaurant.
BelgaPicture - Category details

Last edited:
The Prince of Wales right meet First Minister Ian Paisley left at the new Braid centre and Town hall in Ballymena Northern Ireland, 2008-05-21.
MediumPhoto

Britain's Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, sign a whiskey vat during their tour of Bushmills Distillery in Bushmills, Northern Ireland, on May 21, 2008.
Picture details
Picture details
Picture details
Picture details

This dear pale blue Anna Valentine outfit is back! (one of my favourite).
On a side note HRH is dressed exactly like her Madame Tussaud's incarnation.

Yay they came to my town! Hope they enjoyed it, even though this was one of the coolest days we've had in while. Unfortunately I had to 'study' for exams so didn't get to sneak a peek

Britain's Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, sign a whiskey vat during their tour of Bushmills Distillery in Bushmills, Northern Ireland, on May 21, 2008.
Thank you for the pictures. :flowers: I really like this suit on Camilla, the colour looks great on her and yes, I know we have seen it before but you don't throw away something that looks this good. IMO. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
As the license was granted in 1608 by king James I./VI. of England/Scotland and Ireland, this king really was an ancestor of Charles as his line derives from James' daughter Elizabeth. I guess it was not by chance that he said that, I bet he knows by heart when which kings/queens were reigning and how he is related to them.

Pics 22.5.2008

The Dalai Lama is greeted by Britain's Prince Charles and Camilla,
Duchess of Cornwall on his arrival at Clarence House, in London
May 22, 2008.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

I love the Duchess' hat at the wedding last weekend. She looks really great in those feathery things. Did they represent something specific at the UN or just presence only?

It was reasonably well covered on the local news, but very little on the website. :ohmy:

HA! They could start their own style of Jamba Juice over there and help fund the school! It's a big hit here! (Course I put RUM in MY Jamba Juice! :D )

Michelle, my husband just flew over to Boulder, CO and the first address I researched for him was Jamba Juice because he is such a fan of real fruit smoothies. Are they really that good as the media and their readers claim (they won the reader's awards of two papers in Boulder, and as the people living there are known to be health-conscious, I decided to believe in them)?

I hope they enjoy Inverness. I went there once and got lucky on the train station. So it has my recommendation.

What is with these pernickity reporters. Does Britain really want to be represented by a mob of non-descript economy class erks? The PoW and Duchess were representing Britain! Does Britain really want to be represented by such patronising moves as flying economy and staying in a cut price hotel on the off-season? Oh, and I guess they would have to all be wearing the very best of Marks and Sparks to blend in with their fellow passengers. :ohmy:

How well protected would the royal couple be in such a situation? Would the Head's of State of the host countries be comfortable or even safe meeting them as they shuffled off the plane with the rest of the tourists and into the Airport Terminal. My, my, my! How very egalatarian. How very insulting to their hosts! They were there representing Britain and, let us not forget, their hosts rolled out the red carpet, and showed how they host VIP's. :doh:

Good grief! The CEO's of multi-national and national companies fly first class. Hell, they have their own private jets even. They haven't got time to waste trying to be something they are not. That is to say, nobody special. "Don't send the limo and I'll take care of the luggage myself and then catch a taxi". Yeah right! :lol:

Time is money, and the Royal party and the host dignitaries don't have time for false economy. Charles and Camilla are a natural and valuable resource, so why would anyone with an atom of common sense want to sqander it? :bang:

Last time Britain set out to impress another country it was France, with all, and I do mean all of the trapping of state. Carriage's, the cream of the Royal vaults, banquets, parades, troop inspection . . . . . . :D
Skydragon said:
Charles's Caribbean luxury yacht cost £200,000 for 12 days | Mail Online . . . . . . It also emerged that it had cost the taxpayer £59,000 to fly the Prince, the Duchess of Cornwall plus 20 staff to the US to collect an award for his work on the environment. The heir to the throne and his wife travelled first class on British Airways while the rest of his entourage went business.
And Britain (not to mention the Commonwealth) was absolutely chuffed that the Heir the the Throne received that award! :clap:

Alas. . . . . . common sense is a very uncommon commodity. And from the Mail . . . . . . :pigsfly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom