The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-20-2013, 09:33 PM
Courtier

I like Prince Charles. I have always like him but I have came to like him more over the last few years especially during the Diamond Jubilee last Year. I like the Documentary (Family Videos) he did and the Tribute he paid to his Mother at the Jubilee concert you could tell that Queen Elizabeth got a little emotions (genuinely moved) but she held back. You could tell he love his mother and that there is special bond there. I think Charles will make a Good King and will do a Good Job, his private life (The Diana/Camilla thing) should not get in the way of it or should not stop him. He is not the first King and will not be the last to have affairs and make mistakes before they came to the throne or after acceding. There are King who did much worst things then Charles ever did! I am not trying to open up another can of worms but Diana had her faults as well and cheated also let not forget (Diana was nice person but I never understood why some made her out to be some saint). obviously they both had their faults but Some peoples need to move on and let it be history. Camilla seem like a decent person to me. I have came to soften up to her more but not totally. I think Charles will make a fine King when it his time. He was raise by two Great Parents (Queen Elizabeth and Philip) The Queen was raised King George VI and The Queen Mother (Elizabeth) who I am sure prepared Elizabeth before she became Queen and The Queen Mother no doubt had a influence of her daughter up until the day she died and mostly likely had the same influence on Charles in preparing him. Charles is most trained King you could have in my opinion. Whether peoples like it or not Charles will be King when The Queen dies even if he is 65 or 77 or even if He is only King for 5 years or 15 years. it won't matter because Charles is next in line not William And the first in Line to the throne succeeds which it state in the succession Law of the Act of Settlement 1701

Old 01-20-2013, 10:13 PM
Majesty

I have a lot of respect for the Prince of Wales. I think I started to really appreciate him after he had a chance to really come into his own, which in my eyes occurred after his second marriage. He appeared to be more confident, like a man who could finally really be himself, and not worry so much about what was expected. He has a wonderful sense of humor, and is very knowledgable. I love that he has a passion for the well-being of our planet. Many mock him for it, but I personally think we need people like His Highness to bring awareness to certain issues.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:40 PM
Administrator

Princess Gloria of Thurn und Taxis has been holding etiquette seminars in the TnT family seat of St Emmerams in Regensburg, Bavaria. Among her comments was the following concerning the Prince of Wales and how he conducts himself in receptions where there are large numbers of people...

"According to Gloria nobles have a big commitment to good behaviour...Their own manners, incidentally learned not only from their parents but also by a representative of the British Royal Family. Gloria: "From Prince Charles, for example. What fascinated me enormously about him was his behaviour in a crowded room. Although there are thousands of people there, and he speaks to each person for half a minute - for this half a minute he is yours alone, and it gives you the feeling that there is nothing more important in the world than you. This has inspired me tremendously. And then there are also people of high rank that while they talk to you, they even appraise the room to see if there is not someone, somewhere, who is much more important. This is of course incredibly insulting. So I would rather be like Prince Charles." "

source: Princess Gloria in World on Sunday: "The Russians do'm sorry!"
24 March 2013
Old 05-12-2013, 11:57 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
Queen should abdicate if too ill to rule: UK poll

Charles is getting the respect he deserves.
As I said Charles is doing a good job as Prince of wales especially with Environment and Kids. Gong to the Commonwealth meeting will be good for him and will be even better in his 'public images, He will make a Good King. and I agree Charles is finally starting to get the respect he deserves and I think most people's have moved on whatever has happened in the past.

As Charles ages and the longer Queen stays on the throne the more he is going to be more and more like I think. That might sound kind of funny but most monarchs are liked most when they are young and older. Even The Queen was less popular (but was still popular) in the middle of her reign (remember she was 25 when became queen) and now she is more popular then she has ever been even at the start. Same thing Victoria. Charles was popular when he was young then became unpopular in the last 20-25 Years and now is becoming Popular again and I think after this he will become more popular now. I bet in 15 Years William is less popular then his now but still remained well- like
Old 05-21-2013, 08:35 PM
Majesty

The heir to the throne has learned what love means:
The heir to the throne has learned what love means | Express Comment | Comment | Daily Express

Very nice article on HRH The Prince of Wales.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 05-21-2013, 08:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Is it nice? It seems to see that the writer has raked up everything from the past and said - it may have mattered once but they are happy anyway.
The only good bit is the mention of Harry and the meeting at chelsea flower show.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...52_634x770.jpg

This picture sums it up - Charles and the garden designer talking detail and the knowing look between Camilla and Harry - priceless. There's a lot of love and repect.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 05-21-2013, 11:18 PM
Majesty

...A very good and old friend of Charles & Camilla's said in an interview several years ago that Charles has never been that good with women though.
I think as he has gotten older, he's grown wiser and have accomplished a lot. He's happy and he's about to become a grandfather. He's come a long way.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 05-21-2013, 11:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Charles said whatever IN love means, and heck I still don't know what it means. I know loving someone doesn't mean you are in love with them. Anyway Charles fought hard and suffered a lot he deserves some enjoyment and respect
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 07-18-2013, 03:03 PM
Courtier

This poll concentrates on opinion of how the Cambridge baby should be raised, but I posted here because it shows that a majority of people still support Charles becoming the next King. Duchess of Cambridge's child must enjoy challenges of ordinary work: Evening Standard poll reveals massive support for monarchy - UK - News - London Evening Standard
Old 07-21-2013, 01:46 AM
Nobility

the 10 or 15 years of scandals and bad press caused by 2 royal sons marrying totally unsuitable people and said sons acting the fool themselves has been remedied by good marriages, cute kids, the royals paying their own way some and the new generation making wiser choices... so far.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:46 AM
Majesty

Video:
Prince Charles at 65: Charles Moore on his public persona and private character-
Video: Prince Charles at 65: Charles Moore on his public persona and private character - Telegraph

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 11-10-2013, 04:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
the 10 or 15 years of scandals and bad press caused by 2 royal sons marrying totally unsuitable people and said sons acting the fool themselves has been remedied by good marriages, cute kids, the royals paying their own way some and the new generation making wiser choices... so far.
Ummmm . . . you forgot to mention the daughter who also married a totally unsuitable person if that is how you explain the reason for their divorces.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:33 AM
Administrator

She's come of age too - thanks to team Camilla: From a pariah pelted with bread rolls to the Duchess who has won over her doubters | Mail Online
by Rebecca English
15 November 2013

She's come of age too - thanks to team Camilla

Only a day after becoming a pensioner, Prince Charles is reaching another landmark – representing his mother at the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting for the first time.But if tonight’s grand event is an historic moment for the prince, spare a thought for the woman in the designer evening gown by his side. For while Charles sets out to prove he is a worthy king-in-waiting, Camilla will be there as his queen, laughing, chatting and gently massaging the egos of 50 world leaders and their spouses.

Much has already been made of the significance of the Prince’s role at the bi-annual meeting of the Family of Nations – an organisation deemed historic by some, but one which the 87-year-old monarch considers among the most significant legacies of her reign. But as one official put it: ‘This is not just an historic moment for the Prince of Wales, it is a huge leap forward for the Duchess too. ‘She’s gone from effectively being a country housewife to holding court with world leaders in the space of just a few years.’

It is a remarkable turn of events for the woman who was once such a pariah she was said to have been pelted with bread rolls outside her local supermarket *. Slowly but surely, Camilla, now 66, has won over the doubters. It has been a slow process. But she has surrounded herself with a small coterie of advisers, largely women, who are fiercely loyal and helped her prepare for this, one of her biggest tests so far on the world stage.

For someone once considered to be one of the most famous mistresses in the world, it is surely telling that the Duchess of Cornwall is able to inspire genuine friendship and loyalty in so many of her own sex. The gate-keepers to her inner sanctum are her approachable but astute private secretaries: Joy Camm, a former sister at St Bart’s Hospital who is known for her unflappable coolness, Sophie Densham and Amanda MacManus. All are fiercely protective of their boss, and act as her eyes and ears, carefully watching the goings-on at Clarence House for Camilla.

She relies on a chirpy Geordie dresser called Jacqui Meakin, who formerly worked at Buckingham Palace and has been with Camilla since her wedding to Charles. It is Jacqui who has helped Camilla assemble a working wardrobe appropriate for a woman of her age, largely with the help of the discreet couturier to ladies who lunch, Anna Valentine. Camilla’s style is not at all cutting edge. But it projects the image she wants: a mature, regal woman. Certainly, when Charles selected her for the ‘Girls in Pearls’ frontispiece in a special edition of Country Life to commemorate his birthday, she won plaudits for her style and elegance.

...Looking good is not the be all and end all for the Duchess, but it has helped her growing confidence on the international stage. This latest nine-day tour has seen her tackle her public engagements with self-assurance and lately she has cultivated a series of core themes to her public work – but without any of the desire to take centre stage that Diana had. She has also never lost her earthy and slightly politically-incorrect sense of humour (no wonder she gets on so well with Prince Philip). And above all else, she has the backing of the only person who really matters: the Queen.

As she stands by her husband’s side tonight, Camilla would be the first to admit it’s been a long and rocky road. But the way things are going, the future glitters as bright as the rather lovely diamonds her mother-in-law has lent her for this milestone event.

- - - - - - - - - -
* the pelted-by-bread-rolls-outside-the-supermarket story is believed to be apocryphal. Despite there being no witnesses or evidence to the alleged event, it remains in the Journalists' Handbook of Fit to Print Fabrications, Tired Cliches & Dubious Urban Myths.
The reliance on copy and paste is evidenced by the invariable use of "pelted". Never tossed, thrown, hurled or flung, or any variation thereof, but always and for evermore, "pelted".

Old 11-17-2013, 03:03 PM
Serene Highness

Camilla has had a rough rise of things and she was able to overcome alot of adversities. I have to take my hat off to her for sticking with it and winning over people who at one time could not stand her. She has made Charles very happy and continues to show everyone that she is a strong woman and can be a strong force to her doubters. If she can go through what she has and come out with hardly any scratches then maybe she can be a positive influence when Charles comes to the throne.
Old 11-17-2013, 03:20 PM
Majesty

They have come a long way and may their happiness continue.

Dr. Maya Angelou

Tags
personality, prince charles