The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-30-2007, 03:35 PM
Courtier

Camilla's Greek Vacation: September 2007

So what´s the matter of holidaying without hubbie? After four(?) weeks Birkhall relaxing in the sun isn´bad at all. And women need a only-ladies-break sometimes. Particularly after that game. I don´t believe there was a big row between C+C. They have a steady relationship and know what the other needs.

Old 08-31-2007, 09:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Gossip colums are coming....
Camilla to take solo break
The Sun Online - Royals: Camilla to take solo break

Furious Camilla flees Britain without Charles after Diana memorial furore
Furious Camilla flees Britain without Charles after Diana memorial furore | the Daily Mail.
What's so odd about Camilla dissappearing for a few days in the sun with a few girlfirends? Its an entirely normal thing for any 60 year old Brit to do. I do wish the tabloids would stop trying to stir up trouble. I am sure this was pre-arranged a while ago. Hope she has a nice time!

Old 08-31-2007, 05:14 PM

Well the Greek isles were kind to Camilla before! I think the trip will be a good way to recharge after all this stress. I hope she will take some letters with her to Greece, and I hope mine is in the stack!
Old 09-04-2007, 06:46 PM
Aristocracy

The yacht Camilla is borrowing for the week.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv..._author_id=230
Old 09-07-2007, 12:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cde View Post
The yacht Camilla is borrowing for the week.
How Fawcett the fence put Camilla to sea | the Daily Mail
How can the PoW reconcile his 'green environmentalism' with the DoC's lavish vacations on huge private oil guzzling yachts and planes? You would have to plant trees all over the entirety of england to 'offset' the enormous footprint left by these trips. Sound a bit of 'do as I say, not as I do' to me.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:18 PM

Charles is the eco-warrior, his wife isn't bound to his statements and unless she planned to swim to Greece I see no other option avaliable to her when going on holiday.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
Charles is the eco-warrior, his wife isn't bound to his statements and unless she planned to swim to Greece I see no other option avaliable to her when going on holiday.
She couldn't go somewhere that didnt require a private yacht? How about Balmoral or Sandringham? It had to be Greece? And while it may be that Charles is the eco warrior, he's also the one footing the bill, so I would imagine he has some say.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:38 PM

So she can never go to Greece on holiday again? Come on, that's just silliness.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
She couldn't go somewhere that didnt require a private yacht? How about Balmoral or Sandringham? It had to be Greece? And while it may be that Charles is the eco warrior, he's also the one footing the bill, so I would imagine he has some say.
Naw, I doubt Charles paid for this trip. I think her tycoon buddy paid for it. Very normal in the royal family. Prince William rarely pays for his trips. Prince Charles never did, because the PTs were always happy to pay for klosters and let him use their chalet, weren't they?
Old 09-07-2007, 01:04 PM
Courtier

I am the one think Camilla probably needs some time and space to restore her mood balance about this stressful summer.Going to the sea and feeling the sunshine is a much better choice than staying Scotland at the end.Camilla is a summer child and she certainly loves the sea because she is a Cancerian and the sign is water. Not worrying about the bills and the carbon footprint, because Charles was not going and he is not paying the bills. This summer is a long summer for Camilla and Charles. The space and the time is always better for them to have their own reflection about the memories.

Just look forward to Camilla's future activities and their joint activities.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Science Daily says that this yacht burns 100 gallons of oil per hour. 2400 gallons daily for 7 days is 16,800 gallons of oil for the week, just for the boat, never mind the private jet. She couldnt get a villa on land? If Charles is going to be King and wants to be the eco warrior, how can Camilla continue to do the exact opposite of what her husband is suggesting that the rest of the country do? I realize he wants to indulge her, but then stop telling others to be green. Otherwise he comes off as a hippocrite.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:07 PM

She could get a villa on land but then she's going to be lambasted for splashing out on a villa and the flight out there and back. Leave the woman alone, she works hard and she wants a holiday.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:37 PM
Serene Highness

and after the fire she's been through lately she more than DESERVES one. bless her heart to face the rest of my life knowing no matter what i do i'll be condemned for it, never be "good enough", never win for losing would be horrible. i don't envy her position- at least her husband adores her and she has the respect of her close friends and family, and being a down to earth, sensible woman hopefully it just rolls off her back. but still what a heavy burden that would grind you down over time (me anyway)
Old 09-07-2007, 03:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Look, going to Balmoral or Sandringham is like spending your holidays at your mother-in-law's. Who wants that even if he or she is fond of the in-laws?
What's that about Greece? It's not the Seychelles or Fidji, is it? In fact, it's a country whose touristy image suffered terribly these last days and weeks du to the fires - so it's really helpful that the duchess holidays there.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:08 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_cc View Post
Camilla witch-hunt divides the Court of Prince Charles
Mandrake - Telegraph
It is finished and the summer has finished. I hope that everything will be back into the normal ways.
bbb: and after the fire she's been through lately she more than DESERVES one. bless her heart to face the rest of my life knowing no matter what i do i'll be condemned for it, never be "good enough", never win for losing would be horrible. i don't envy her position- at least her husband adores her and she has the respect of her close friends and family, and being a down to earth, sensible woman hopefully it just rolls off her back. but still what a heavy burden that would grind you down over time (me anyway)

BeatrixFan: Leave the woman alone, she works hard and she wants a holiday.

And let's face it -- none of us know anything about Camilla. She has never given an interview or even a real speech. No authorized biographies are out there. Supposedly she talked to The Sun about Diana, and Diana said a few things about her, and Charles said even fewer things and her step-sons said the fewest things yet. I haven't heard what her ex-husband has ever said about her. I haven't heard what her children thought of her as a mother. Except for the huge amount of hearsay, we know nothing for certain about Camilla. We don't know if she has the respect of her close friends and family or if she is really down to earth. We don't know if she is sensible or even what "normal" is for her. Does she think she works hard? Do her friends really think she is lazy? It's all a mystery. Is it a mystery nobody cares enough to wonder about?

We hear she's angry after the way the Diana Memorial played out. Is she really? Should she be angry, or should she just be relieved it's over, or was she completely indifferent to it?

The luxury yacht vacation does seem a bit excessive though. Did Diana ever do that while still married to Charles? Has QEII ever hired such a luxurious yacht vacation for herself and her friends only without Prince Philip? I can't imagine Prince Philip would approve this blatantly lavish vacation of Camilla anymore than he approved her last one.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Frankly, I dont have a problem with her taking luxurious vacations. I do have a problem with people who proclaim themselves environmentalists and tell people how they ought to live greenly then turn around and take a trip that is about as fuel hoggish as is possible, that's all (16,800 gallons worth). It just seems hypocritical to me. And as far as Balmoral and Sandringham are concerned, given how much of a fight it took for them to get married, I would think that the novelty of being royal would have not worn off quite yet. I thought she loved all those country pursuits...riding, hunting, fishing, watercolors, no?
Old 09-07-2007, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Science Daily says that this yacht burns 100 gallons of oil per hour. 2400 gallons daily for 7 days is 16,800 gallons of oil for the week, just for the boat, never mind the private jet. She couldnt get a villa on land? If Charles is going to be King and wants to be the eco warrior, how can Camilla continue to do the exact opposite of what her husband is suggesting that the rest of the country do? I realize he wants to indulge her, but then stop telling others to be green. Otherwise he comes off as a hippocrite.
Well, your calculations are done under the presumption that the yacht is out to sea on every hour of each day of the week. They have port stops and spend time on the boat with the anchors out, don't they? In these situations, is the gallon output the same rate as being full speed ahead?
Old 09-07-2007, 04:07 PM
Royal Highness

It´s right that many things we discuss in this forums are based on speculations and nobody of us has tea with Camilla. But that does not mean that we know nothing about her. We see how she behave in public (´down to earth´), we see her with family and friends in public (´closness to family and friends, ´loving wife and mother´). We know what people who met her say about her ( ´kind, warm, easy to talk´)...etc.
And when she wants to spend some days in Greece, where is the problem? We all would take a flight, we all want to have comfortable holidays.
After all these hard weeks i could understand if she would go for a month or two and not only for a week.
I wish her a happy relaxed wonderful time!
Old 09-07-2007, 04:23 PM
Courtier

You´re so right, milla Ca. All the stories abouth her carbon-footprint are ridiculous.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:23 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
And as far as Balmoral and Sandringham are concerned, given how much of a fight it took for them to get married, I would think that the novelty of being royal would have not worn off quite yet. I thought she loved all those country pursuits...riding, hunting, fishing, watercolors, no?
Following your arguments I can see no connections of Camilla´s love for Scotland, her marrige, her royal status.....and a week holidays on a yacht in Greece.
I can only see the attempt to write something bad about Camilla.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, greece, holiday, vacation