Camilla's Greek Vacation: September 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No no no! They got it all wrong!! What HRH said was "Just wait until I'm Princess Consort"....:lol::ROFLMAO:

Could you imagine what HM The Queen's reception would be to such a statement? I dare say Her Majesty's response towards Camilla, would be as ice cold as an Arctic glacier. I can't say whether or not there has been any tension, my guess would be that there has to some extent, but the thought that Camilla would make the comment just doesn't really sit with me.

Though unfortunately, there's more people against than for, in the case of Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall and I think it's only now that she's starting to take a greater regard of that. The honeymoon is well and truly over!

My guess (though you certainly wouldn't need any degree to work it out) is that she's feeling particularly vulnerable.

I'd like to think she did say "Wait until I'm Queen". We need a little Princess Michael passion in the RF.

Last edited:
I'd like to think she did say "Wait until I'm Queen". We need a little Princess Michael passion in the RF.

Then you mistake 'passion' for 'threats', and need it be reminded, both have been a troublesome "venture" for the BRF.

I think it's more putting people in their place. For too long, the aides have thought themselves the Royals and that needs to change.

Of course, newsoftheworld is the top-choice, when we want credible information. :bang:

Just my two cents: if I were Camilla and had to go through everything she had benn through, I would rent the most expensive yacht, villa and whatever there is and would try to have the best time possible. Just exactly what she did.
Women do need some quality time for themselves, and aftres stressful time like that, paradise in Greece would be perfect, especially if you don't have to play for it. :D

The whole circus surrounding the Memorial Service almost broke me down, and thankfully I didn't have to endure nasty articles about me everyday.

Prince Charles promotes green issues, his wife has never spoken of her views on the subject.

Last edited:
Did the Queen ever go off sailing by herself without her husband? .

She did last year. The Queen's 80th birthday present to herself was to hire a yacht and cruise the west (east?) coast of Scotland like she used to each year when the Britannia was still in action. Philip was not on the cruise from the very beginning, various members of the royal family joined the cruise at different ports, he came on board later in the cruise.

The whole carbon footprint arguement and claiming hypocrisy is just petty, whatever carbon footprint the yacht is making that Camilla is on with her friends, the footprint is divided among all the guests, not just Camilla. ( And that included the private jet travel) It's easy enough to buy the ofsets, Norwegian royals Haakon and Mette-Marit ofset their airtravel, last year they travelled to India, this year to South Korea, that's a lot of jet fuel, particularly since they didn't go direct. On the way to India they had a holiday in Dubai, on the way to South Korea they holidayed in Thailand. These flights were ofset so I don't think it's that difficult to ofset one portion of a Greek cruise.

No no no! They got it all wrong!! What HRH said was "Just wait until I'm Princess Consort"....:lol::ROFLMAO:

No, opf course she said: wait till my darling husband is king while I'm ruling in his stead when it comes to household affairs...

I think it's more putting people in their place. For too long, the aides have thought themselves the Royals and that needs to change.

Yes, you're right. And I believe Camilla is well able to provide Charles with the cozy atmosphere he needs at home while OTOH ruling with an iron fist in a gentle gauntlet.

She is a lot like the Queen Mother in that respect.

Not a very bright idea that one I'm afraid

So we let these jumped up suited aristocrats take the reigns for another 100 years? And every time they get it wrong, we let the Royals take the flak for their mistakes? No. No. The House of Windsor is on shaky enough ground without stupid advisors and pompous flunkies cocking it up anymore than they already have. If Camilla is going to be the one to change it, I say good on her. She can't make things any worse.

So we let these jumped up suited aristocrats take the reigns for another 100 years? And every time they get it wrong, we let the Royals take the flak for their mistakes? No. No. The House of Windsor is on shaky enough ground without stupid advisors and pompous flunkies cocking it up anymore than they already have. If Camilla is going to be the one to change it, I say good on her. She can't make things any worse.

Lose lips sink ships, Sam. Unfortunately courtiers hold more power then perhaps they should but it's the way it's been.

If there's a need for change then there's a way in which to go about it, but more caution than what you clearly think plausable, should be taken ;)

Then as I've said before, get rid of the whole thing. I simply don't buy into it that the Royals are to be the puppets of courtiers. The whole institution is rotten and I don't see that Camilla's at all wrong by trying to change that, indeed, she has my respect for it.

Well, Madame Royale does pose a very good point, Sam. I do understand what you are saying, Sam, but all the same...... where has the power behind the throne usually been in all the course of history? Richelieu springs immediately to mind, but there are so many others....

Then as I've said before, get rid of the whole thing. I simply don't buy into it that the Royals are to be the puppets of courtiers. The whole institution is rotten and I don't see that Camilla's at all wrong by trying to change that, indeed, she has my respect for it.

I don't see Camilla changing anything. She doesn't have the power or the popularity or, IMHO the desire. She just went off on a trip. The whole thing is stupid. She is entitled to take trips any time she wants. And who knows what she went through. All the hysteria played itself out in the papers and on forums such as these. She is not a stupid woman and I am sure she saw the handwriting on the wall. Charles may not have, but I think she did. She was invited, because it was the right thing to do. Actually, the only thing to do. I am convinced that from the beginning she didn't want to expose herself to the events that took place. She is no fool. She can read how the public feels. She has a small amount of the population that want her to be queen, 28%. That being said, she still will be queen, so why make a big deal out of it. Take a trip and have some fun.

When she becomes Queen, she'll have a great deal of power because it's obvious Charles will do anything for her. If there's a courtier who's making her life difficult now then I'd say he's in a precarious position because although the current Queen might put up with it, when Charles is King, Camilla's only got to give the nod to get anyone in the Royal Household removed from their position. So if she did say, "Wait till I'm Queen", I think she's quite right and obviously knows the weight of influence she'll have.

I think the article in ´News of the world´ is only a new attempt to force a campaign against Camilla. The memorial service is over, now the press needs another topic: Camilla can not wait to be Queen. The nation mourns and this woman only thinks about having the title to remove people in the household...
Sorry, again i don´t know whether to laugh or to cry about this stupid gossip.:bang:

But back to this thread....great post Avalon!:flowers:
And i think the cruise is over this weekend. I´m looking forward to see the Duchess ( hopefully relaxed and with new power) in public again next week!;)

i've said it before those that underestimate camilla do so at their own peril. i don't think the influence will come after charles becomes king, i think its happening right now. camilla is not going to be manipulated and pushed around, from what i've seen she can more than hold her own with the royal flunkies (for instance not letting them come to her home at raymill) and will wait until they are not expecting it and cut them off at the knees. whats that saying revenge is best served cold- nope when they get theirs i don't think they'll have a clue its coming. i wouldn't be surprised if head are rolling in the very near future, i'm quite sure if i were camilla i would never trust the "advisors" again and be quitely working to make sure they disappear from the scene.

i've said it before those that underestimate camilla do so at their own peril. i don't think the influence will come after charles becomes king, i think its happening right now. camilla is not going to be manipulated and pushed around, from what i've seen she can more than hold her own with the royal flunkies (for instance not letting them come to her home at raymill) and will wait until they are not expecting it and cut them off at the knees. whats that saying revenge is best served cold- nope when they get theirs i don't think they'll have a clue its coming. i wouldn't be surprised if head are rolling in the very near future, i'm quite sure if i were camilla i would never trust the "advisors" again and be quitely working to make sure they disappear from the scene.

Very good post, bbb! I can not agree more!:flowers:

I don't understand. Is this a true vacation for Camilla, or is something supposed to have happened?

Well, Good People, what passions have we here. I agree with the Most Noble BeatrixFan, this is all just so much silliness. That whole memorial fiasco is thankfully over. Why cannot people let the dead bury the dead and be done with it. I for one happen to thing that Camilla has not done badly in a most difficult if not impossible position.

So by all means let her go off to Greece!!! Yacht, oil and 1001 servants and all. Wish I were there. I could be the Court Jester, Fool in Residence. It would be wild. At least the cameras will not be on the burned out and ravaged Greek mainland and the poor burned out people in Greece, which is heartbreaking. Maybe she will help the tourist industry and do some good for Greece and bring some good news. The Greeks can certainly use it.

As for all this eco business. I would remind you that there are umpteen zillion Carribean cruises going out of Florida every day-so do not talk about all this business of saving oil and whatnot.

We have a serious British disease here. One institution that actually works and works well and what do the tabloids and all the adults who have never grown up do?? Tear it down and turn the most ordinary and innocuous events into capital crimes and orgies of takiness and tasteless rudeness. Snarls, Thomas Parkman

I would remind you that there are umpteen zillion Carribean cruises going out of Florida every day-so do not talk about all this business of saving oil and whatnot.

But of course those cruises dont hold the personage of a particular royal Duchess, and a Duchess who's husband and future King is engrossed by the efforts to assist the sustainability of our eco system. It's not about saving oil as such, and it's not about whatever cruise ship leaves Florida, It's about example and leading by it.

In comparison, the yacht sought to be used is by no means comparable in way of pollutants, but it just seems contrary to the 'illustration', that here you have a partnership which has made many an attempt to emit an environmentally friendly image.

Oh how in times 'of need', that principles get thrown to the sea breeze...haha.

Last edited:
I don't understand. Is this a true vacation for Camilla, or is something supposed to have happened?

Yes, it was this past week. According to the reports, it was for a week-long cruise, and it began apparently the Sunday after the memorial service, so I expect she is returning to UK shortly, today or tomorrow.

Oh how in times 'of need', that principles get thrown to the sea breeze...haha.
They're Royals and I for one expect them to be Royals. Glittery jewels, fancy frocks and luxury holidays. If I wanted downmarket 'watch the pennies and the pounds will wet themselves' tat, I'd have Edna the Innebriate Woman as my future Queen. Charles goes on about the environment, most politicians do. Do they all live in wooden sheds drinking rain water and wearing potato sacks? No. She wanted to go to Greece, she went to Greece. With all the pollution put out like countries like China and the USA who aren't committed to doing anything about climate change, I doubt one little jaunt in a boat is going to make any difference in the grand scheme of things. And come on, it's Charles who's the green spokesman, not Camilla. If we were all supposed to be a carbon copy of what our partners say and do, I'd probably be a useless lowlife by now.

I just wish we had pictures! Oh but I know, how shameful of me, to be wishing for the paparazzi to get some snaps! :hiding:.... Camilla and her precious Laura, Harry Lopes, and Lady Lansdowne, Ms Amanda Ward et al enjoyed a private holiday adventure. Lucky for them no photo agencies seem to have bought any eye candies.

As I have said before, I think she should have done what she has done. I don't think the Greeks need her or are throwing themselves into the sea. Sorry Thomas. If you didn't like the Memorial, tough. It was what her sons' wanted. Camilla is in a lousy position, but then again Charles put her there. So get on with it. She is hardly a flower, plucked in innocence, that has to endure the vagaries of life. She has seen more beds than George Washington. She can make her way. She has.

So by all means let her go off to Greece!!! Yacht, oil and 1001 servants and all. Wish I were there. I could be the Court Jester, Fool in Residence. It would be wild. At least the cameras will not be on the burned out and ravaged Greek mainland and the poor burned out people in Greece, which is heartbreaking. Maybe she will help the tourist industry and do some good for Greece and bring some good news. The Greeks can certainly use it.

As for all this eco business. I would remind you that there are umpteen zillion Carribean cruises going out of Florida every day-so do not talk about all this business of saving oil and whatnot.
Snarls, Thomas Parkman

Yes Thomas, but those cruise ships are not there for one person and their entourage but instead for a couple of thousand. I dont mind her being a fuel hog and taking 'Royal Vacations', I mind her husband lecturing others on being green and then letting wifey do the exact opposite. It makes him look foolish and affects his gravitas on the subject when addressing the global audience. How can anyone take his position seriously if he does not enforce the green issue in his own house? It comes off as do as I say not as I do. And, IMHO, does NOT enhace Camilla's public profile. That having been said, I hope she brought the ruby breastplate and a serious tiara to enhance her bikini!:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
She has seen more beds than George Washington.
And we know this how? Just because someone's had an affair, doesn't make them the village bike you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom