The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 12:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lori
You know that australia comedian, I forgot his name, Sir humfrey something, he dressed up as madame ? on stage in aussie, england, and us. This camilla in red reminds me of him, my god, it's good custume for him to act like camilla. can someone down under tell him to revive camilla please. She maybe charles' love, but give me a break on that fara hair, thirty five years non change hair, and a girlie style hair that's just unbecoming.
You mean Barry Humphries who dresses up as Dame Edna? :) He is a classic.

Old 02-12-2005, 12:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Is this sort of mean-spirited nonsense supposed to be achieving anything remotely positive?

Elspeth

British Royals moderator

Old 02-12-2005, 12:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Is this sort of mean-spirited nonsense supposed to be achieving anything remotely positive?

Elspeth

British Royals moderator
I was simply clarifying what lori was saying, and there certainly was no intention of being malicious. I apologise if that is how it was interpreted.

Old 02-12-2005, 01:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

I was talking about the previous several posts, not yours in particular at all, Danielle.
Old 02-12-2005, 04:57 AM
Aristocracy

I'm sick of people focusing on Camila's looks. Not everyone can be a model, it's really rude.
Old 02-12-2005, 01:49 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle
You mean Barry Humphries who dresses up as Dame Edna? :) He is a classic.
Yes, that's him, and dame edna is supposed to be modeling queen juliana. So why not camilla? And why not looks? That's the first thing you notice about her and would be the only thing you could critique. Don't think you would know her personality to discuss it or her behind the back manner either. Everything on the front is what people see, if they can't discuss that what else would you need a board.
Old 02-12-2005, 01:57 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinny
I'm sick of people focusing on Camila's looks. Not everyone can be a model, it's really rude.
We are not talking about what she's born with, we are talking about her dress, her public image. As a public person, she would be talked about everytime she shows up.
Old 02-12-2005, 02:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

There's no problem with critiquing people's looks; there's a problem when critique turns into insult. There's no need for threads to turn into feeding frenzies of posts competing to say the most negative thing possible in the most cruel way.
Old 02-12-2005, 06:50 PM
Royal Highness

This is my personal opinion, not a position as an administrator.

I think it is sad that people poke fun or make insults about Camilla's physical appearance. I don't see a problem if the discussion is that the dress isn't flattering or she could do something different with her hair, etc. I would certainly hate to be anyone in the public eye and have people scrutinize me the way the royals are scrutinized. For goodness sake they are human!
Old 02-13-2005, 10:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinny
We're not talking about her being a model; we're talking about her not wearing a see through dress right after she gets engaged!
Old 02-23-2005, 03:02 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
there's a problem when critique turns into insult. There's no need for threads to turn into feeding frenzies of posts competing to say the most negative thing possible in the most cruel way.
Gee, then why do all of us who love Diana get ripped apart for showing that we love her?? I left for months due to being bashed for being a "Diana Supporter."

So much mud has been slung at Diana with apparent glee by some. Camilla is no saint by any form of the imagination. If this feeding frenzy is to stop, then both sides have to respect one another and I don't see that happening any time soon.
Old 02-23-2005, 05:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Gee, then why do all of us who love Diana get ripped apart for showing that we love her??
Because "showing that we love her" usually seems to involve slinging mud at Charles, Camilla, the Queen, the Queen Mother, and anybody else perceived to have wronged Diana in any way.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

So much drama in this forum!
Old 02-24-2005, 01:28 AM
Courtier

Camilla deserved that "mud-slinging". A woman who gets (re)-involved with another woman's husband. She was married herself, with children, yet I don't think those children factored into what she was doing. Makes me question if she really values her family at all. She made her bed by letting Charles marry someone else, she should lie in it. Regardess of whether his marriage was "irrepairable", she should have kept away. An adultress doesn't deserve a royal title and the respect that usually entails.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_barbarella
i loved diana so much... she was really a living angel that the world looked up to... and nobody will ever replace her...
Diana also had her love affair. Don´t forget that
Old 02-24-2005, 03:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Camilla deserved that "mud-slinging".
Not in this forum, if you read the rules.

In any case, the question was why people get bent out of shape when Diana's supporters show how much they love her. The reason is that they show how much they love her by attacking other people, which leads to partisans of those other people responding in kind. "Oh, but we were just showing how much we love Diana" is a vast understatement of some of what goes on in these conversations.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:41 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Because "showing that we love her" usually seems to involve slinging mud at Charles, Camilla, the Queen, the Queen Mother, and anybody else perceived to have wronged Diana in any way.
Gee, like the Anti-Diana faction doesn't take their shots without provocation!! Mud has been slung at Diana in old polls; I remember one about being a polemic princess.

I have always shown the utmost respect for HM the Queen on this board! I have questioned the Queen Mum's actions and certainly Charles' and Camilla's. Diana wasn't perfect but at least she was a caring human being. She loved her children, did amazing charity work, and opened the world's eyes to serious issues such as AIDS and land mines. Being a member of the Royal Family would make just about any human being run screaming to the exit with the aloofness, and the "Grey Men" running the show. Diana, already emotionally handicapped by a painful childhood, was not going to win within the Windsor clan. However, what she did accomplish during her lifetime was amazing and many of the Anti-Diana faction will not acknowledge the good she did do. Let us see what Camilla will do??
Old 02-24-2005, 02:33 PM
Courtier

It's a fact that Camilla wronged Diana. You don't have to love Diana to see that. How would you react to a woman you know and the whole world knew was sleeping with your husband? Can anyone else see the humiliation?

I'm putting myself in Diana's shoes. I liked Diana, I respected her, but I don't certainly see her as an incarnate and a without-fault person. However, with that said, when I look back at the circumstances of her life, she's tragic. A large portion of that tragic nature can be placed squarely on Camilla's shoulders, though not all.

People say to let it go, however, for me, the injustice done by Camilla and Charles is beyond forgivable. The heartache those two brought on Diana, William, Harry, Andrew Parker-Bowles, and his children is enormous! But because it's past and because it's "love", we can just let it slide? Sorry, not my nature to forgive and forget. Although, I may forgive, but I never forget.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlightrhapsody
It's a fact that Camilla wronged Diana. You don't have to love Diana to see that. How would you react to a woman you know and the whole world knew was sleeping with your husband? Can anyone else see the humiliation?
Let's ask Will Carling's wife that. She could tell us how she felt when Diana slept with her husband. Camilla slept with a married man, yes, but so did Diana and the world knew about Diana's affair with Carling. Camilla may have lured Charles away from Diana but nobody can say Camilla made Diana have her affair with Will Carling or James Hewitt. And does Charles one affair with Camilla amount to the assorted affairs Diana had? At least Charles could be committed to one woman, even if that one woman was not his wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlightrhapsody
Sorry, not my nature to forgive and forget. Although, I may forgive, but I never forget.
Well, it's a good thing then that Charles, Camilla, William, Harry, Andrew, Tom and Laura Parker-Bowles, the Spencers and Diana's soul aren't asking for your forgiveness and for you to forget.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

But that is weird to be committed in such a way.

Tags
camilla, camilla parker bowles, duchess of cornwall, old photos