The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 09:22 PM
Serene Highness

I see that Camilla's son, Tom, has got engaged. Found this on the Royal Portals forum:

The engagement was announced 9 December, 2004, between Thomas Henry (Tom) Parker Bowles (b. 1974), scion of the Earls of Macclesfield, only son of Andrew Parker Bowles by his former wife, Camilla (nee Shand), and Sara G. Buys, daughter of Mr William Buys and Mrs Caroline Buys.

Source: Daily Telegraph 9 Dec, 2004.

Old 12-16-2004, 10:50 PM
Courtier

does she own any tiaras????

Old 12-17-2004, 12:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda
I see that Camilla's son, Tom, has got engaged. Found this on the Royal Portals forum:

The engagement was announced 9 December, 2004, between Thomas Henry (Tom) Parker Bowles (b. 1974), scion of the Earls of Macclesfield, only son of Andrew Parker Bowles by his former wife, Camilla (nee Shand), and Sara G. Buys, daughter of Mr William Buys and Mrs Caroline Buys.

when getting married? i wanted know?

Sara Boyce
Old 12-17-2004, 12:42 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinneret5764
The one good thing that Camilla has been able to do, but Diana failed miserably at, is to be discrete about her relationships. My problem with Diana is her lack of discretion (video tapes, phone recordings, sensational interviews, paparazzi stunts, secret conversations with journalists etc.) At least Camilla has kept a lid on her relationship with Charles, no matter how the outside world may view.

I think Charles should marry Camilla now. It doesn't look good that the future king and his love are "shacking up". They should legalize the union since they are obviously deeply in love, and extremely commited to each other.
I love your comment, but I have to argue on the point of discretion. You probably don't know being discrete is the requite role of being a mistress with a married man while herself is also married, cause she has no right to point fingers, not to mention to open her mouth. Her role is to hide self away, so other than discrete, what do you suppose she can do? That does not excuse diana's tactics for mass media attack, immature and desperate.
With that being said, the biggest mistake lays on Charles, who wants to have cake"s " and eat it, splash it, and which way he may want it. And he is still doing that, and women let him get away with it. So what does that say about our women folks? Desperate?
Old 12-17-2004, 02:12 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lori
I love your comment, but I have to argue on the point of discretion. You probably don't know being discrete is the requite role of being a mistress with a married man while herself is also married, cause she has no right to point fingers, not to mention to open her mouth. Her role is to hide self away, so other than discrete, what do you suppose she can do? That does not excuse diana's tactics for mass media attack, immature and desperate.
With that being said, the biggest mistake lays on Charles, who wants to have cake"s " and eat it, splash it, and which way he may want it. And he is still doing that, and women let him get away with it. So what does that say about our women folks? Desperate?
Yes but when Charles married Diana and, for a time, ended his relationship with Camilla she could have spilled her story to the press and made big bucks as well as causing a lot of scandal & heartache for Charles & Diana. They do say that "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" {Maybe that explains Diana's vitriolic outbursts}!
Old 12-17-2004, 03:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

He just had his book published: E is for eating: an alphabet of greed.
He is interested in food and from the perspective of an amateur who values qaulity.
Old 12-17-2004, 03:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Hi Susan,

Having been called a murderer on another board (for being pro-choice on the subject of abortion), I know there are worse things than being told to butt out - I've also seen death threats on other boards, for one thing - but the forum rules here require respectful behaviour between posters:

"The responibilities of a Royal Forums (RF) Member
  1. Be respectful. It’s perfectly fine to disagree with others as long as it is done respectfully and civilly, but do not attack other members in your posts or comments. Name calling of other members is absolutely not tolerated here and may result in suspension."
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=3547

I know there's sometimes a fine line between being passionate and being insulting, and Camilla Parker Bowles tends to raise the passions on both sides! However, there have been cases on some of the boards where these disagreements have turned very nasty, and that doesn't really help anybody.

The other thing is that no posters should ever be telling other posters that they shouldn't post things (unless they're reminding them that they're violating board rules). Everybody's entitled to express an opinion, however unpopular. There's a difference between someone telling Wymanda that she's too prejudiced in favour of Camilla, which is OK, and someone telling her that she should stop posting positive things about Camilla, which is emphatically not OK.

If you'd like to continue this conversation, feel free to drop me a PM.
Elspeth,

thank your for your answer.
I always have a high tolerance factor for the outragious and buttout reminded me of therea heinz kerry telling a journalist who had misquoted her (on film) to "shove it". (which I loved)

I am sure most of the rules on this board are well thought out.
Old 12-17-2004, 06:53 PM
Courtier

There are so many sides to consider here... and as i asume we dont know these people on a personal level we cant pass quick judgement... just remember that :)
Old 12-17-2004, 08:46 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Yes but when Charles married Diana and, for a time, ended his relationship with Camilla she could have spilled her story to the press and made big bucks as well as causing a lot of scandal & heartache for Charles & Diana. They do say that "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" {Maybe that explains Diana's vitriolic outbursts}!
Are you implying they had a relationship while charles was still single and CP was married (The gap between charles and diana's wedding and CP's own marriage (1974?) This is even a bigger shocker to me if it was true. Then, CP was a complete screw up besides charles.
Old 12-17-2004, 10:23 PM
Nobility

Sources from Clarence House have today announced that if and when Prince Charles is cleared of any wrong doing in Diana's death he will marry Camilla Prker-Bowles. The marraige should thus take place some time next year.
Old 12-17-2004, 11:10 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by james
Sources from Clarence House have today announced that if and when Prince Charles is cleared of any wrong doing in Diana's death he will marry Camilla Prker-Bowles. The marraige should thus take place some time next year.
Why would Charles need to be cleared of wrong doing in Diana's death? Was he driving one of the cars?
I wish people would stop blaming Charles or Camilla for Diana's death.
They weren't the ones chasing her. They weren't the ones who were driving Diana's car drunk. They didn't force her not to wear a seatbelt.
So how does it make it THEIR fault that she is dead?
Not to speak ill of the dead but I wish people would stop thinking of Diana as some matyr who could do no wrong. She wasn't a perfect person. She was a person who had faults and made mistakes like everyone else. She was as indiscreet as Charles was with Camilla. Amazing how people totally get amnesia about all the drama and difficulties Diana caused the Queen and the rest of the royal family when she spilled all the secrets about them and not just about her and Charles.
Old 12-17-2004, 11:44 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicomtesse
Why would Charles need to be cleared of wrong doing in Diana's death? Was he driving one of the cars?
I wish people would stop blaming Charles or Camilla for Diana's death.
They weren't the ones chasing her. They weren't the ones who were driving Diana's car drunk. They didn't force her not to wear a seatbelt.
So how does it make it THEIR fault that she is dead?
Not to speak ill of the dead but I wish people would stop thinking of Diana as some matyr who could do no wrong. She wasn't a perfect person. She was a person who had faults and made mistakes like everyone else. She was as indiscreet as Charles was with Camilla. Amazing how people totally get amnesia about all the drama and difficulties Diana caused the Queen and the rest of the royal family when she spilled all the secrets about them and not just about her and Charles.
I agree with you. Unfortunately in my part of the world (U.S.), Diana is "revered", and Charles and Camilla get lambasted no matter what they do, good or bad. Charles never had multiple affairs; Diana chased anything in a pair of pants yet Charles gets the most blame for the bust-up of their marriage. This is not fair. Both Charles and Diana did wrong; but I believe Diana was more at fault.
Old 12-17-2004, 11:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, the French investigation of the crash concluded that it was an accident, which cleared everybody of causing the accident with intent. That didn't stop large numbers of people blaming Charles, and I don't think a British investigation will make any difference.

The problem with Charles marrying Camilla is that she was a factor in the breakup of his marriage, which is supposed to be a prohibition on his marrying her as far as the Church of England is concerned. If they're prepared to turn a blind eye for his benefit, rather than insisting he be held to as high a standard as the rest of us, I think they're running a grave risk of doing themselves a lot of damage in the medium and maybe even long term. It's going to look like the worst sort of hypocrisy - not good for a church.
Old 12-18-2004, 03:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinneret5764
I agree with you. Unfortunately in my part of the world (U.S.), Diana is "revered", and Charles and Camilla get lambasted no matter what they do, good or bad. Charles never had multiple affairs; Diana chased anything in a pair of pants yet Charles gets the most blame for the bust-up of their marriage. This is not fair. Both Charles and Diana did wrong; but I believe Diana was more at fault.
Perhaps you have to give diana a bit of slack because she was much younger than charles, an entirely different personality (not laid back) and a virgin when she married.
It is my experience with my Greek friends that the women who got married in the 1980's as a virgin have had several (discrete) affairs when they were in their thirties and forties (but are still happily married).
I also know a happily married couple were the husband at a certain point within the marriage became very arrogant toward his wife. In the summer, while her husband was not yet on vacation, in front of the eyes of a big group of friends she would leave for hours after lunch with a man who could probably not read or write. After that summer their marriage was fine, better than ever. She explained it to me: if I had an affair with someone who was his equal he would not have changed, I taught him a lesson by prefering that particular man.
Perhaps diana tried to do the same.
Old 12-21-2004, 12:16 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by james
This is a misleading news track. If the clarence House made official announcement, it would not be written as sources say. It would be a newsperson or PR guy who's speaking instead of sources.
Old 12-21-2004, 04:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Yes, I haven't been able to find anything official about it either. It's probably either a newspaper exaggerating in order to sell some extra copies or a deliberate leak to test the waters of public opinion.
Old 12-21-2004, 08:05 AM
Courtier

Charles treats Camilla 108 millions.
Prince Charles has leave by will the most of one form to one mistress Camilla Parking Bowles Ten millions english pound answers to 108 danish millions features gets the royal mistress mileage from after the prince dead. The bread proves consolidated to a foundation , that every år shall downpayment round four millions to Parking Bowles. A spring dense at the prince says to News Of tea World , that Principle Charm is distinct by , that Parking Bowles never proves queen , nor even though they two should marry. Therefore hope the prince that secure against her a life , where she at least can be be alive , that was she a queen.

From ekstrabladet in Denmark

Old 02-11-2005, 01:20 AM
Serene Highness

She couldn't have done better than this see through dress! ugh!
Old 02-11-2005, 10:20 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbette

She couldn't have done better than this see through dress! ugh!
Her teeth don't look all that presentable either. I don't see where she could really do anything better. She's as homely they come. This is definitely true love.
Old 02-11-2005, 11:38 PM
Aristocracy

You know that australia comedian, I forgot his name, Sir humfrey something, he dressed up as madame ? on stage in aussie, england, and us. This camilla in red reminds me of him, my god, it's good custume for him to act like camilla. can someone down under tell him to revive camilla please. She maybe charles' love, but give me a break on that fara hair, thirty five years non change hair, and a girlie style hair that's just unbecoming.

Tags
camilla, camilla parker bowles, duchess of cornwall, old photos