Camilla Parker-Bowles

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
james said:
Sources from Clarence House have today announced that if and when Prince Charles is cleared of any wrong doing in Diana's death he will marry Camilla Prker-Bowles. The marraige should thus take place some time next year.
Why would Charles need to be cleared of wrong doing in Diana's death? Was he driving one of the cars?
I wish people would stop blaming Charles or Camilla for Diana's death.
They weren't the ones chasing her. They weren't the ones who were driving Diana's car drunk. They didn't force her not to wear a seatbelt.
So how does it make it THEIR fault that she is dead?
Not to speak ill of the dead but I wish people would stop thinking of Diana as some matyr who could do no wrong. She wasn't a perfect person. She was a person who had faults and made mistakes like everyone else. She was as indiscreet as Charles was with Camilla. Amazing how people totally get amnesia about all the drama and difficulties Diana caused the Queen and the rest of the royal family when she spilled all the secrets about them and not just about her and Charles.

Vicomtesse said:
Why would Charles need to be cleared of wrong doing in Diana's death? Was he driving one of the cars?
I wish people would stop blaming Charles or Camilla for Diana's death.
They weren't the ones chasing her. They weren't the ones who were driving Diana's car drunk. They didn't force her not to wear a seatbelt.
So how does it make it THEIR fault that she is dead?
Not to speak ill of the dead but I wish people would stop thinking of Diana as some matyr who could do no wrong. She wasn't a perfect person. She was a person who had faults and made mistakes like everyone else. She was as indiscreet as Charles was with Camilla. Amazing how people totally get amnesia about all the drama and difficulties Diana caused the Queen and the rest of the royal family when she spilled all the secrets about them and not just about her and Charles.
I agree with you. Unfortunately in my part of the world (U.S.), Diana is "revered", and Charles and Camilla get lambasted no matter what they do, good or bad. Charles never had multiple affairs; Diana chased anything in a pair of pants yet Charles gets the most blame for the bust-up of their marriage. This is not fair. Both Charles and Diana did wrong; but I believe Diana was more at fault.

Well, the French investigation of the crash concluded that it was an accident, which cleared everybody of causing the accident with intent. That didn't stop large numbers of people blaming Charles, and I don't think a British investigation will make any difference.

The problem with Charles marrying Camilla is that she was a factor in the breakup of his marriage, which is supposed to be a prohibition on his marrying her as far as the Church of England is concerned. If they're prepared to turn a blind eye for his benefit, rather than insisting he be held to as high a standard as the rest of us, I think they're running a grave risk of doing themselves a lot of damage in the medium and maybe even long term. It's going to look like the worst sort of hypocrisy - not good for a church.

kinneret5764 said:
I agree with you. Unfortunately in my part of the world (U.S.), Diana is "revered", and Charles and Camilla get lambasted no matter what they do, good or bad. Charles never had multiple affairs; Diana chased anything in a pair of pants yet Charles gets the most blame for the bust-up of their marriage. This is not fair. Both Charles and Diana did wrong; but I believe Diana was more at fault.
Perhaps you have to give diana a bit of slack because she was much younger than charles, an entirely different personality (not laid back) and a virgin when she married.
It is my experience with my Greek friends that the women who got married in the 1980's as a virgin have had several (discrete) affairs when they were in their thirties and forties (but are still happily married).
I also know a happily married couple were the husband at a certain point within the marriage became very arrogant toward his wife. In the summer, while her husband was not yet on vacation, in front of the eyes of a big group of friends she would leave for hours after lunch with a man who could probably not read or write. After that summer their marriage was fine, better than ever. She explained it to me: if I had an affair with someone who was his equal he would not have changed, I taught him a lesson by prefering that particular man.
Perhaps diana tried to do the same.

james said:
Sources from Clarence House have today announced that if and when Prince Charles is cleared of any wrong doing in Diana's death he will marry Camilla Prker-Bowles. The marraige should thus take place some time next year.
This is a misleading news track. If the clarence House made official announcement, it would not be written as sources say. It would be a newsperson or PR guy who's speaking instead of sources.

Yes, I haven't been able to find anything official about it either. It's probably either a newspaper exaggerating in order to sell some extra copies or a deliberate leak to test the waters of public opinion.

Charles treats Camilla 108 millions.
Prince Charles has leave by will the most of one form to one mistress Camilla Parking Bowles Ten millions english pound answers to 108 danish millions features gets the royal mistress mileage from after the prince dead. The bread proves consolidated to a foundation , that every år shall downpayment round four millions to Parking Bowles. A spring dense at the prince says to News Of tea World , that Principle Charm is distinct by , that Parking Bowles never proves queen , nor even though they two should marry. Therefore hope the prince that secure against her a life , where she at least can be be alive , that was she a queen.

From ekstrabladet in Denmark

1102wedb.jpg

She couldn't have done better than this see through dress! ugh!

Bubbette said:
She couldn't have done better than this see through dress! ugh!

Her teeth don't look all that presentable either. I don't see where she could really do anything better. She's as homely they come. This is definitely true love.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know that australia comedian, I forgot his name, Sir humfrey something, he dressed up as madame ? on stage in aussie, england, and us. This camilla in red reminds me of him, my god, it's good custume for him to act like camilla. can someone down under tell him to revive camilla please. She maybe charles' love, but give me a break on that fara hair, thirty five years non change hair, and a girlie style hair that's just unbecoming.

lori said:
You know that australia comedian, I forgot his name, Sir humfrey something, he dressed up as madame ? on stage in aussie, england, and us. This camilla in red reminds me of him, my god, it's good custume for him to act like camilla. can someone down under tell him to revive camilla please. She maybe charles' love, but give me a break on that fara hair, thirty five years non change hair, and a girlie style hair that's just unbecoming.
You mean Barry Humphries who dresses up as Dame Edna? :) He is a classic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this sort of mean-spirited nonsense supposed to be achieving anything remotely positive?

Elspeth

British Royals moderator

Elspeth said:
Is this sort of mean-spirited nonsense supposed to be achieving anything remotely positive?

Elspeth

British Royals moderator
I was simply clarifying what lori was saying, and there certainly was no intention of being malicious. I apologise if that is how it was interpreted.

I was talking about the previous several posts, not yours in particular at all, Danielle.

I'm sick of people focusing on Camila's looks. Not everyone can be a model, it's really rude.

Danielle said:
You mean Barry Humphries who dresses up as Dame Edna? :) He is a classic.
Yes, that's him, and dame edna is supposed to be modeling queen juliana. So why not camilla? And why not looks? That's the first thing you notice about her and would be the only thing you could critique. Don't think you would know her personality to discuss it or her behind the back manner either. Everything on the front is what people see, if they can't discuss that what else would you need a board.

trinny said:
I'm sick of people focusing on Camila's looks. Not everyone can be a model, it's really rude.
We are not talking about what she's born with, we are talking about her dress, her public image. As a public person, she would be talked about everytime she shows up.

There's no problem with critiquing people's looks; there's a problem when critique turns into insult. There's no need for threads to turn into feeding frenzies of posts competing to say the most negative thing possible in the most cruel way.

This is my personal opinion, not a position as an administrator.

I think it is sad that people poke fun or make insults about Camilla's physical appearance. I don't see a problem if the discussion is that the dress isn't flattering or she could do something different with her hair, etc. I would certainly hate to be anyone in the public eye and have people scrutinize me the way the royals are scrutinized. For goodness sake they are human!

trinny said:
We're not talking about her being a model; we're talking about her not wearing a see through dress right after she gets engaged!

Elspeth said:
there's a problem when critique turns into insult. There's no need for threads to turn into feeding frenzies of posts competing to say the most negative thing possible in the most cruel way.

Gee, then why do all of us who love Diana get ripped apart for showing that we love her?? I left for months due to being bashed for being a "Diana Supporter."

So much mud has been slung at Diana with apparent glee by some. Camilla is no saint by any form of the imagination. If this feeding frenzy is to stop, then both sides have to respect one another and I don't see that happening any time soon.

Gee, then why do all of us who love Diana get ripped apart for showing that we love her??

Because "showing that we love her" usually seems to involve slinging mud at Charles, Camilla, the Queen, the Queen Mother, and anybody else perceived to have wronged Diana in any way.

Camilla deserved that "mud-slinging". A woman who gets (re)-involved with another woman's husband. She was married herself, with children, yet I don't think those children factored into what she was doing. Makes me question if she really values her family at all. She made her bed by letting Charles marry someone else, she should lie in it. Regardess of whether his marriage was "irrepairable", she should have kept away. An adultress doesn't deserve a royal title and the respect that usually entails.

bad_barbarella said:
i loved diana so much... she was really a living angel that the world looked up to... and nobody will ever replace her...

Diana also had her love affair. Don´t forget that

Camilla deserved that "mud-slinging".

Not in this forum, if you read the rules.

In any case, the question was why people get bent out of shape when Diana's supporters show how much they love her. The reason is that they show how much they love her by attacking other people, which leads to partisans of those other people responding in kind. "Oh, but we were just showing how much we love Diana" is a vast understatement of some of what goes on in these conversations.

Elspeth said:
Because "showing that we love her" usually seems to involve slinging mud at Charles, Camilla, the Queen, the Queen Mother, and anybody else perceived to have wronged Diana in any way.

Gee, like the Anti-Diana faction doesn't take their shots without provocation!! Mud has been slung at Diana in old polls; I remember one about being a polemic princess.

I have always shown the utmost respect for HM the Queen on this board! I have questioned the Queen Mum's actions and certainly Charles' and Camilla's. Diana wasn't perfect but at least she was a caring human being. She loved her children, did amazing charity work, and opened the world's eyes to serious issues such as AIDS and land mines. Being a member of the Royal Family would make just about any human being run screaming to the exit with the aloofness, and the "Grey Men" running the show. Diana, already emotionally handicapped by a painful childhood, was not going to win within the Windsor clan. However, what she did accomplish during her lifetime was amazing and many of the Anti-Diana faction will not acknowledge the good she did do. Let us see what Camilla will do??

It's a fact that Camilla wronged Diana. You don't have to love Diana to see that. How would you react to a woman you know and the whole world knew was sleeping with your husband? Can anyone else see the humiliation?

I'm putting myself in Diana's shoes. I liked Diana, I respected her, but I don't certainly see her as an incarnate and a without-fault person. However, with that said, when I look back at the circumstances of her life, she's tragic. A large portion of that tragic nature can be placed squarely on Camilla's shoulders, though not all.

People say to let it go, however, for me, the injustice done by Camilla and Charles is beyond forgivable. The heartache those two brought on Diana, William, Harry, Andrew Parker-Bowles, and his children is enormous! But because it's past and because it's "love", we can just let it slide? Sorry, not my nature to forgive and forget. Although, I may forgive, but I never forget.

Moonlightrhapsody said:
It's a fact that Camilla wronged Diana. You don't have to love Diana to see that. How would you react to a woman you know and the whole world knew was sleeping with your husband? Can anyone else see the humiliation?

Let's ask Will Carling's wife that. She could tell us how she felt when Diana slept with her husband. Camilla slept with a married man, yes, but so did Diana and the world knew about Diana's affair with Carling. Camilla may have lured Charles away from Diana but nobody can say Camilla made Diana have her affair with Will Carling or James Hewitt. And does Charles one affair with Camilla amount to the assorted affairs Diana had? At least Charles could be committed to one woman, even if that one woman was not his wife.

Moonlightrhapsody said:
Sorry, not my nature to forgive and forget. Although, I may forgive, but I never forget.

Well, it's a good thing then that Charles, Camilla, William, Harry, Andrew, Tom and Laura Parker-Bowles, the Spencers and Diana's soul aren't asking for your forgiveness and for you to forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom