The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #161  
Old 01-01-2006, 05:04 PM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,896
Oh goody - drunk in charge of a mouse. Sounds as though you really do need that cup of tea!
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old 01-01-2006, 05:05 PM
Queen Mary I's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Tampa, United States
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Don't even think about going there, you two.

Now, both of you back off, put your hackles down, go and have a nice up of tea, and stop this incessant bickering.

Elspeth

Royal Forums administrator
Actually I am going to have this wonderful Cuban egg nog I received as a gift. And fulfill my New Years resolution of ignoring inflammatory posts-and not starting any. Promise.
__________________

__________________
Happy New Year-Here's to Peace On Earth
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old 01-01-2006, 05:07 PM
BeatrixFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,843
LOL. In charge of a mouse? Anywho.....

This the clip that I mentioned in another thread. This really does show Camilla up close and personal with the public. And this clip is amazing because it shows Camilla's reactions to the camera's who were desperate to catch the shot of the chap (David) kissing her. Listen out for 'and the other one' when she kisses him. It also shows how Charles and Camilla function as a couple , "This is the poet I'm always telling you about". I love this clip and if the link runs out or doesn't work then let me know and I'll post it again.

It's a clip from The Queen's Castle, BBC.

CLIP
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old 01-01-2006, 05:12 PM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Oh goody - drunk in charge of a mouse. Sounds as though you really do need that cup of tea!
Better than being drunk in charge of a horse. lol
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old 01-01-2006, 05:18 PM
maryshawn's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Green Bay, United States
Posts: 1,214
Or a latte. I'm going to Starbucks now for a soothing mocha, peppermint and caramel non-fat latte! Don't gag; they're actually quite good!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Don't even think about going there, you two.

Now, both of you back off, put your hackles down, go and have a nice up of tea, and stop this incessant bickering.

Elspeth

Royal Forums administrator
__________________
Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known - Winnie the Pooh
Reply With Quote
  #166  
Old 01-01-2006, 05:21 PM
maryshawn's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Green Bay, United States
Posts: 1,214
I'd forgotten about those--geez, even in your gin and tonic recovering state, you're miles ahead of me! Does one have to be royal for awhile before awarding them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
In time Camilla will get to award Royal Warrants and then we'll know exactly who she favours fashion wise!
__________________
Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known - Winnie the Pooh
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old 01-01-2006, 05:23 PM
BeatrixFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,843
Well, the Queen, Prince Philip, Prince Charles and the Queen Mother all award(ed) warrants. They might have a Royal Warrant for Camilla as Duchess of Cornwall, but even if they don't, when she's Queen she'll be able to give out Royal Warrants as long as Charles lets her. And I think he will. 'By Appointment to HM Queen Camilla' - sounds good doesn't it!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old 01-01-2006, 05:34 PM
maryshawn's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Green Bay, United States
Posts: 1,214
I can't see Charles not letting her do so. I think he would want her to have all the privileges that come with her role. Even now, if Camilla really, really wanted to give this particular honor to a firm, could she do so under Charles' name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Well, the Queen, Prince Philip, Prince Charles and the Queen Mother all award(ed) warrants. They might have a Royal Warrant for Camilla as Duchess of Cornwall, but even if they don't, when she's Queen she'll be able to give out Royal Warrants as long as Charles lets her. And I think he will. 'By Appointment to HM Queen Camilla' - sounds good doesn't it!
__________________
Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known - Winnie the Pooh
Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old 01-01-2006, 05:37 PM
BeatrixFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,843
Well, I don't know if Charles's warrants have been renamed as 'By Appointment to The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall'. I mean, if they have then it covers both. If not then Camilla could ask him to give one to a company she uses - but it's usually done on household. So for example, the Queen has Robinson's cordials so they got a Royal Warrant because she drinks it. It's not so much about whether the Queen likes a product - it's really to show that they supply the Queen with a product. And then the Hyacinth Bucket's of the world can boast that they have the same tea as Her Majesty.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old 01-01-2006, 06:16 PM
maryshawn's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Green Bay, United States
Posts: 1,214
Ahhhhh, I get it now!

Does Harrod's have a warrant? I'd heard royals like PMargaret shopped there often enough and were given lovely gifts. Harrod's has even sponsored some polo matches for the royal family--or for causes near and dear to the royals' hearts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Well, I don't know if Charles's warrants have been renamed as 'By Appointment to The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall'. I mean, if they have then it covers both. If not then Camilla could ask him to give one to a company she uses - but it's usually done on household. So for example, the Queen has Robinson's cordials so they got a Royal Warrant because she drinks it. It's not so much about whether the Queen likes a product - it's really to show that they supply the Queen with a product. And then the Hyacinth Bucket's of the world can boast that they have the same tea as Her Majesty.
__________________
Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known - Winnie the Pooh
Reply With Quote
  #171  
Old 01-01-2006, 06:18 PM
maryshawn's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Green Bay, United States
Posts: 1,214
OK, off topic but we did get on to a mouse..... Does cuban egg nog--you've really gotten my interest going here--have anything in it, like rum????? What makes is "cuban?" (besides the fact it's probably made in Cuba!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Mary I
Actually I am going to have this wonderful Cuban egg nog I received as a gift. And fulfill my New Years resolution of ignoring inflammatory posts-and not starting any. Promise.
__________________
Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known - Winnie the Pooh
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 01-01-2006, 06:23 PM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 8,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshawn
Ahhhhh, I get it now!
Does Harrod's have a warrant? I'd heard royals like PMargaret shopped there often enough and were given lovely gifts. Harrod's has even sponsored some polo matches for the royal family--or for causes near and dear to the royals' hearts.
Harrod's used to have Royal Warrants from the Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh and the Prince of Wales.

Certainly the Duke of Edinburgh cancelled his Royal Warrant there in the mid-90s but it was because he didn't shop there any more and not because of Dodi and Diana. It may also have been to do with the Duke's personal views of Fayed but that is reading between the lines of the two men's relationship rather than on any facts. Fayed made a comment about it not mattering as nobody cared about what the Duke of Edinburgh thought anyway.

I think the Prince of Wales ended his warrant around the time of the divorce as it was Diana who shopped there and not him.

I don't know if the Queen still has a warrant there.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 01-01-2006, 06:37 PM
BeatrixFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,843
All the Royal Warrants have gone from Harrods and quite frankly, if they hadn't I'd climb up with a screwdriver and take them off myself. That ghastly man doesn't deserve Royal patronage.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 01-01-2006, 06:41 PM
Queen Mary I's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Tampa, United States
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshawn
OK, off topic but we did get on to a mouse..... Does cuban egg nog--you've really gotten my interest going here--have anything in it, like rum????? What makes is "cuban?" (besides the fact it's probably made in Cuba!)
Well a friend at work (I work part of the time in Florida) brought it in. I actually am probably being incredibly ignorant. I call it 'Cuban Egg Nog' because my amiga is Cuban and she calls it 'Crema de Vie'. I told her it was Heavenly and reminded me of egg nog-she said it IS egg nog. True there are varieties the world over. It has Coconut Cream, amongst other goodies, LOTS Of Rum and it was a smash hit at the politically correct office Holiday Party!The best part was that she gave each of us these delicate individual bottles tied with red ribbon. yummy! And one cuppa is NOT enough! I saved mine for the New Year. And begged her for the recipe! I haven't tried it on my own yet. I never had Tropical nog before and it was lovely! I think-I'm not sure I remember. I found this Puerto Rican nog online that is VERY close and eerily similar story about the friend's nog being a smash-though my friend's name is Maria not Miriam-lots of friends from the Tropics have contributed fabulous drinks to the world!: http://www.chiff.com/a/eggnog.htm

Erm to try to get back on Topic I've only found mostly references to Camilla quitting smoking but I did find this one tiny tidbit that she allegedly used Yoga to help her quit-it's a teeny tiny piece and one has to scroll down a bit to get to Camilla's section:

http://www.fp1.com/news/news5/news.html

I haven't been able to locate the original reference source.
__________________
Happy New Year-Here's to Peace On Earth
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 01-01-2006, 11:31 PM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy57
Harrod's used to have Royal Warrants from the Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh and the Prince of Wales.

Certainly the Duke of Edinburgh cancelled his Royal Warrant there in the mid-90s but it was because he didn't shop there any more and not because of Dodi and Diana. It may also have been to do with the Duke's personal views of Fayed but that is reading between the lines of the two men's relationship rather than on any facts. Fayed made a comment about it not mattering as nobody cared about what the Duke of Edinburgh thought anyway.


I think the Prince of Wales ended his warrant around the time of the divorce as it was Diana who shopped there and not him.


I don't know if the Queen still has a warrant there.
All the warrants came down at about the same time, although I don't think they'd all actually expired by then. Pretty much a case of knowing that they wouldn't be renewed and staging a pre-emptive strike by taking them off the storefront voluntarily before being made to do so. You can hardly blame the Duke for not wishing to patronise a shop owned by a man who'd accused him of being the mastermind behind a murder conspiracy.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old 01-01-2006, 11:38 PM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,896
Well, between G&Ts and Cuban eggnog, I'm impressed that you're all managing whole sentences!

<stern nannying tone> You'll regret it in the morning, you know...</nanny>
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old 01-01-2006, 11:40 PM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Well, I don't know if Charles's warrants have been renamed as 'By Appointment to The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall'. I mean, if they have then it covers both. If not then Camilla could ask him to give one to a company she uses - but it's usually done on household. So for example, the Queen has Robinson's cordials so they got a Royal Warrant because she drinks it. It's not so much about whether the Queen likes a product - it's really to show that they supply the Queen with a product. And then the Hyacinth Bucket's of the world can boast that they have the same tea as Her Majesty.
Prince Philip issued his own warrants, as did the Queen Mother. I don't think Diana ever did, so perhaps Camilla won't be doing so until Charles becomes king.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 01-01-2006, 11:48 PM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 8,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
All the warrants came down at about the same time, although I don't think they'd all actually expired by then. Pretty much a case of knowing that they wouldn't be renewed and staging a pre-emptive strike by taking them off the storefront voluntarily before being made to do so. You can hardly blame the Duke for not wishing to patronise a shop owned by a man who'd accused him of being the mastermind behind a murder conspiracy.
Elspeth do you know the actual date of when the DoE cancelled his warrant?

For some reason I thought it was before Diana's death but it may only have been by a few months?

Just curious and being lazy on this Monday afternoon!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old 01-02-2006, 12:16 AM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,896
End of 2000 according to the BBC:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/601935.stm

I think it was more a matter of letting it be known that the warrant wouldn't be renewed than of actually cancelling it in midstream, but the essential message was pretty much the same.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old 01-02-2006, 03:33 AM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 8,689
Thanks Elspeth.

For some reason I thought it was earlier - I was in London in 1995 and thought it was about the time of that visit but my memory must be failing me as I approach (now what was my age again!!).
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, public opinion


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
belgium brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy germany grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman pieter van vollenhoven poland president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince daniel prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion queen fabiola queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:47 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]