The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-21-2005, 06:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy
Camilla is very much older and although she has a laugh and a hand shake with the kids, she doesn't seem like she's getting the connection to me. She seems to do good with the older folks. If I had to cretique her, I would say she would need to work on her deamenor with the kids, be more open and playful.
I think you only have to look at the recent 'tree hanging' photos to see how well she gets on with children or the DJing in Belfast. :)

Old 12-21-2005, 06:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_cc
Charles is a difficult person to live with but Camilla has been always capable to smooth his moody swings and calm him, encourage him and support him. Camilla will be a good wife for Prince Charles and people will get to warm them. The tabloids has vailied them for so many years and led the all arguments based on Diana's opionions or media's likes. Time to get record straight.
We only seem to know about Charles being difficult to live with from disgruntled ex employee's and his ex. Just because the man expects someone to do the job he has given them correctly and becomes annoyed when they don't, only goes to show he is as human as most other people!:)

Old 12-21-2005, 09:35 AM
Heir Apparent

"I hope the moderators will allow this, not in the spirit of rehashing, but because this sort of misperception is an important part of how the public relate to Camilla. Many may be apathetic towards Camilla now, but if (when?) something goes wrong in future, the label " marriagewrecker" will rise again."

I haven't perceived anything incorrectly, I just have a differing view to yourself on the situation.
As for Charles and Cmila they're happy now and seem to work well together and no doubt will be together for a very longt ime to come.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Camilla does get along good with kids. Its not like Diana cause she was much younger. She may be reserved from interacting with kids too much because of what the press would say. She might wait until she becomes a grandmother to interact with kids more. Shes good with kids though. All the children that meet her say wonderfull things about her. She is doing a good job. Time, Revelations, and Apathy are the reasons why they are so accepted. Time heals olds wounds, Revelations on what Camilla is really like and more info of the Waleses marriage, and apathy cause people dont care enough for Diana to cause a stir about Charles and Camilla cause they just dont care.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
I think you only have to look at the recent 'tree hanging' photos to see how well she gets on with children or the DJing in Belfast. :)
I did see the tree hanging and the DJing at Belfast and that is what I am basing my opinion on. To me she doesn't seem like she gets it very well, I'm not saying she is horrible but she needs more work. Just because you can spin a record and shake some kids hand who is in a wheel chair is not connecting with them very well TO ME. But I believe she is trying and she'll get better with time.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Then again who said she needs to connect with Kids. Diana was a different person and did things differently. She doesnt need to connect with kids to be a good royal. She connects very well with adults and that is the important part. She charms people and children so they do like her.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:24 PM
Royal Highness

i agree with princejohnny. meeting children is part and parcel of royal visits and they all do it. i think everyone would agree that HM doesn't look as comfortable with small children as diana did. i don't think camilla looked "uncomfortable"....it's just that since we didn't see shots of her picking up the children we assume that she's uncomfortable.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
We only seem to know about Charles being difficult to live with from disgruntled ex employee's and his ex. Just because the man expects someone to do the job he has given them correctly and becomes annoyed when they don't, only goes to show he is as human as most other people!:)
Charles is a gentle and caring person of course. He is nice to people. I like him because of his gentle nature. He does hold a very high standard for everything and he is a perfectlist. Camilla is a nice person too. People will find more goods in them and accepted them finally. :)
Old 12-21-2005, 08:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejonnhy25
Then again who said she needs to connect with Kids. Diana was a different person and did things differently. She doesnt need to connect with kids to be a good royal. She connects very well with adults and that is the important part. She charms people and children so they do like her.
Well on one hand she doesn't need to make friends with the kids I suppose because she'll be Queen one day and then she can do whatever she wants. But on the other hand those children will grow up and become adults and remember Camilla that way.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:31 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

It's too bad we couldn't ask the kids to see what they thought! :)
Old 12-21-2005, 10:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Many of the reporters did ask the kids and they replied with remarks like "o shes much prettier in person", "we talked for ages I cant wait to tell my friends", "she asked me what I wanted for christmas and she said she hoped I would get everything, she was really nice" Though they might not be exact quotes they are close enough. She does connect with kids. The kids have shown that. Just because she isnt picking them up doesn mean she isnt. She always gives the kids a kiss on the cheek. Thats affectionat. I remember on her first solo visit a little girl gave her flowers and ran back to her mommy. The duchess asked for her to come back and gave her a kiss. I think that is charming. Besides when kids grow up they see things differently and make their own opinons.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:45 PM
Majesty

As an aside but related example - how well do you think Princess Anne relates or gets along with children?

I ask this because she devotes so much of her time to the Save the Children organisation but is rarely seen holding a child at all.

She is even recorded as saying something to the effect of why would she want to pick up a child she didn't know when everyone was praising Diana for doing that.

In other words people relate to children differently.

Diana had her way of doing it and Camilla has hers, which may or may not be working - we really don't know as we don't have the views of the children themselves.

As none of the children, or their parents, have come out and said anything negative (and the press would grab that comment wouldn't they??) we should be able to assume that she at least connects enough for the children not to be critical of her over it.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:22 AM
Courtier

Camilla is a very mothering person. She likes kids as Charles does. Tom and Laura both love their mother very much despite her affair with Charles has been revealed during their teenages. They just learnt to understand and got to accpet it. One feature in Camilla attracts Charles is her mothering feature. She gives a great warmth he always wants. Camilla is a person who can show their affections naturally. She is very media-shy no matter how she learnt to be used to it. She was aware of their cameras. The real thing is depending on people's feelings not the photos.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy
I did see the tree hanging and the DJing at Belfast and that is what I am basing my opinion on. To me she doesn't seem like she gets it very well, I'm not saying she is horrible but she needs more work. Just because you can spin a record and shake some kids hand who is in a wheel chair is not connecting with them very well TO ME. But I believe she is trying and she'll get better with time.
One of the papers had pictures of her laughing with one little girl that would have melted anyones heart. You don't have to be 'touchy, feely' to connect with children, like adults they don't all like it. Leave the taking babies from their mothers, for a photo opportunity, to the politicians!

To me connecting is more about talking to and treating them like adults rather than pretty toys! The child in the wheelchair is still a person and probably appreciated being treated as such.

I think she is doing a wonderful, heartfelt job.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:24 PM
Courtier

Whatever, that's your opinion just like what I said was mine.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Did anyone else see Camilla at Olympia chatting and laughing with the pony club and shetland race competitors? There don't seem to be many photos about:(
Old 12-23-2005, 10:14 AM

I cannot stand that woman, I just cannot. The prince married the love of his life, fair enough, let them live and do what they are supposed to do, as a royal couple. What I hate is the image of Camilla in the media, where she is often represented as some kind of a sophisticated, beautiful idol, with information of what dress she is wearing, who designed her hat etc. I feel manipulated, as I am not very interested in what a nearly sixty-year woman’s fashion style. She does not posses anything I could identify with and irritates the hell out of me, seeing her pictures all over.

Sorry folks, but this is how I perceive her in the public.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

If you cannot stand her dont read articles about her and look at her pictures. There are many politicans that people would rather not see or read about but they will be everywhere. Its a fact of life. She is a women in a prominate position. Her style is going to be looked at and she wears those clothes for a reason. She is free advertisment for designers. If you cant relate with her doesnt mean she has to irritate her. Just ignore her and it wont irritate you anymore.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Everybody is entitled to their opinon, whatever it is, so long as it's expressed respectfully.

Everybody perceives the same things differently, and we should respect that, too.

Let's not make yet another thread in this forum a for/against Camilla thread. Haven't there been enough of those already?

This thread was pretty civil despite the differing views -- let's try to keep things civil.

Alexandria
Royal Forums Administrator
Old 12-23-2005, 04:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enya
What I hate is the image of Camilla in the media, where she is often represented as some kind of a sophisticated, beautiful idol, with information of what dress she is wearing, who designed her hat etc. I feel manipulated, as I am not very interested in what a nearly sixty-year woman’s fashion style. She does not posses anything I could identify with and irritates the hell out of me, seeing her pictures all over.
I think it's great seeing the different styles she wears and I am interested in who has designed what, what fabric they used etc. The transformation is brilliant.
I think it's great seeing Charles and Camilla happily married at long last. Even some of the youngsters that my daughter knows feel that some of her outfits are beautiful and would love to see their mum's in something similar.
Camilla obviously possess' something that attracts more and more people, not least of all her husband.:)

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, public opinion