Camilla and The Public

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That seems to be the attitude that Charles and Camilla have taken...they certainly aren’t courting popularity, just doing their thing, which I find admirable.

Charles did hire Mark Bolland to work with Camilla and they do use PR like all other royals.

That seems to be the attitude that Charles and Camilla have taken...they certainly aren’t courting popularity, just doing their thing, which I find admirable.

Yes it is and IMHO it is due to the fact that they're not overtly and continuously focused on raising their popularity numbers that I have changed my initial opinion of this couple, especially Camilla.

who exactly are the people surveyed re: popularity of the royals?

who exactly are the people surveyed re: popularity of the royals?

That depends upon the firm conducting the poll and where/when it gathers its responses.

Here is one of the more recent polls conducted by the well-respected YouGov UK from October 2020. They ask respondents to give their age, gender, location and political party.

More on their polling methodology.
https://yougov.co.uk/about/panel-methodology/

Here is the summary on the Duchess of Cornwall.
The Duchess of Cornwall, Camilla, has split public opinion in the latest round of YouGov Royal Favourability tracking, with 44% viewing her positively and 43% negatively, for a net score of 1.
Click on the link below to find the summary and the full report.

The company gives this information as to whom was polled (Adults in the UK) and the sample size (1,626).
Sample Size: 1626 GB Adults
Fieldwork: 2nd - 4th October 2020
https://yougov.co.uk/topics/enterta.../10/28/royal-popularity-harry-and-meghan-drop

Last edited:
Yes it is and IMHO it is due to the fact that they're not overtly and continuously focused on raising their popularity numbers that I have changed my initial opinion of this couple, especially Camilla.

I don’t think you’re the only one. Courting popularity would have smacked of desperation and a need to be liked. Charles and Camilla are doing what they believe is right, they are living their authentic lives. In doing so, they haven’t given much if anything for the media to chew on and, in fact, the media seems to have realized that there were two sides to the story of the War of the Wales. Some people will always hate C and C, but many have come around because C and C have done so much good. Plus, the Queen is a fan of Camilla ..that’s always a good thing, lol

I don’t think you’re the only one. Courting popularity would have smacked of desperation and a need to be liked. Charles and Camilla are doing what they believe is right, they are living their authentic lives. In doing so, they haven’t given much if anything for the media to chew on and, in fact, the media seems to have realized that there were two sides to the story of the War of the Wales. Some people will always hate C and C, but many have come around because C and C have done so much good. Plus, the Queen is a fan of Camilla ..that’s always a good thing, lol

It took quite some time before the queen was willing to Accept Camilla as Charles' future wife.

Comment: Camilla is the greatest victim of The Crown's republican lies

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, is one of the most impressive, hard-working and dedicated members of the Royal Family, yet her rights as a woman are being denied.

Under British law, women have the right to take the same rank and status as their husbands, yet today Camilla is not the Princess of Wales, and when her husband becomes King she will, as things stand, be the Princess Consort rather than Queen. Despite having been married to Prince Charles for 15 years, during which she has made him happier than at any other stage of his life, she is going to be denied the right of equality that has been accorded every other monarch's wife in a thousand years of British history.

This aberrant – indeed abhorrent – situation is being further entrenched by the fourth season of Netflix's TV series The Crown, which covers the start of Prince Charles's marital breakup with his first wife, Diana, Princess of Wales, before the fifth season covers her tragic death. Despite the fact that it is largely fiction from start to finish, such is its power over the public imagination that it will open up the whole painful, but now ancient, story, to the inevitable detriment of the reputations of the Duke and Duchess of Cornwall.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyl...s-republican-lies/ECH6QQ24LOE46SQ5KWKI746GOU/
Well, I agree with you! "The cown" (this series IMO does not deserve this title...) digs out old resentments that slowly began to heal over the years. Here we are again, back in the 1990s: Evil Charles and Camilla, the cold Queen and the saintly Diana....! I´m so fed up with this cliché like, black and white image of the brit. RF. This series is like one huge republican propaganda clip... The mess is that unreflected people, unable to divide fiction from reality, think all this is authentic....!

Yes it did......but when HM gave Camilla a chance, she took to her, so......

She certainly was very dubious about Camilla and refused for a long time to meet her. It took a long time before she accepted that Charles was really determined to stay iwth her and that it would be better for Camilla to be his wife, rather than his mistress. I think she likes her on a personal level but being happy about her marrying charles was another matter....

She certainly was very dubious about Camilla and refused for a long time to meet her. It took a long time before she accepted that Charles was really determined to stay iwth her and that it would be better for Camilla to be his wife, rather than his mistress. I think she likes her on a personal level but being happy about her marrying charles was another matter....

It was not the Queen it was the Queen Mother who did not receive Camilla after she divorced APB. The Queen Mother was worried about another crisis involving a Prince and a divorcee. She lived through the abdication. Charles respected her wishes and did not have his wedding to Camilla in his grandmother's lifetime.

It was not the Queen it was the Queen Mother who did not receive Camilla after she divorced APB. The Queen Mother was worried about another crisis involving a Prince and a divorcee. She lived through the abdication. Charles respected her wishes and did not have his wedding to Camilla in his grandmother's lifetime.

Both the queen and Queen Mother were not happy with the relationship with Camilla.. and in the end it was the queen who had to accept it since she had to give permission for the marriage. The QM was never reconciled, because she was an old and conservative woman who feared that marriage to a divorced woman was wrong and would ruin Charles' chances of being King. So Charles waited till after she was gone to marry...
The queen was more moderate and did agree to the marriage, when she believed and was advised that the C of E would be OK with the marriage and that it would be better for Charles to marry Camilla than to continue living with her... She did not receive Camilla for some time and was clearly wary of the idea of her son marrying her. However i think that on a personal level she did get on well with Camilla once she got to know her better and realized that the marriage was for the best.. and was accepting of it....

Last edited:
I really admire Camilla and her work ethic, but more important is the ability to engage anyone in a conversation that makes them feel comfortable and appreciated as that is a rare skill and her penchant for laughter a having joy in the moment.

It will be a travesty if she is not crowned Queen Consort. She has more than earned her place in the BRF.

I fully agree with you, and hope we see a Queen Camilla when the time comes.

Back
Top Bottom