The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #721  
Old 04-05-2015, 06:58 PM
rominet09's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LIEGE, Belgium
Posts: 3,642
Oh yes a very good job, and she had to give up her privacy... huge sacrifice she did for love !!!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #722  
Old 04-06-2015, 07:49 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,744
A new YouGov poll about Camilla's popularity, showing 49% would like to see her take the title of Queen, down from 53% last year.

Half of British public now think Camilla should become Queen, according to new YouGov poll | Royal | News | Daily Express
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #723  
Old 04-07-2015, 08:57 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 5,860
So just less than half
Reply With Quote
  #724  
Old 04-07-2015, 08:59 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
A new YouGov poll about Camilla's popularity, showing 49% would like to see her take the title of Queen, down from 53% last year.

Half of British public now think Camilla should become Queen, according to new YouGov poll | Royal | News | Daily Express
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
So just less than half
As expected, these numbers have been consistently rising over the last decade. She has not put a foot wrong in her royal role, and I am sure the public, at large, appreciate that.
Reply With Quote
  #725  
Old 04-07-2015, 09:04 AM
Jacknch's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk/Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 5,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
So just less than half
Almost half, as the article states. 35% still think Camilla should take a lesser title. Like shares, poll results can go up and down.
__________________
JACK
Reply With Quote
  #726  
Old 04-07-2015, 10:32 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 2,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
As expected, these numbers have been consistently rising over the last decade. She has not put a foot wrong in her royal role, and I am sure the public, at large, appreciate that.
The numbers actually fell from 53 % to 49 %. That decline is greater than the poll's margin of error.

The most significant news is that there is still considerable popular opposition to Camilla's becoming queen.
Reply With Quote
  #727  
Old 04-07-2015, 11:21 AM
Nico's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 1,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
The numbers actually fell from 53 % to 49 %. That decline is greater than the poll's margin of error.

The most significant news is that there is still considerable popular opposition to Camilla's becoming queen.
No.
The most significant news is that in ten years the popularity of the Duchess of Cornwall has increased considerably. That's a fact.
Reply With Quote
  #728  
Old 04-07-2015, 11:26 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Washington, United States
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
The numbers actually fell from 53 % to 49 %. That decline is greater than the poll's margin of error.

The most significant news is that there is still considerable popular opposition to Camilla's becoming queen.
Actually the numbers are within the margin of error. Yougov polls have a +/- 3 percentage points. That means that the actual results from last year could have been anywhere between 50-56%. The actual results from this year's poll could have been anywhere from 46-52%. So it could be that the 53% from last year was slightly high and this year's 49% is slightly low.

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2011/11/21...-margin-error/

Some fluctuation is normal. I can't think of any reason for her poll numbers would have taken a major hit in the last year.
Reply With Quote
  #729  
Old 04-07-2015, 11:37 AM
Ish's Avatar
Ish Ish is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
Actually the numbers are within the margin of error. Yougov polls have a +/- 3 percentage points. That means that the actual results from last year could have been anywhere between 50-56%. The actual results from this year's poll could have been anywhere from 46-52%. So it could be that the 53% from last year was slightly high and this year's 49% is slightly low.

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2011/11/21...-margin-error/

Some fluctuation is normal. I can't think of any reason for her poll numbers would have taken a major hit in the last year.
There's also the fact that Catherine is pregnant and the Cambridges are probably polling rather high right now. In all likelihood, any surge in their popularity is going to result in a bit if a decline in popularity of Charles and Camilla.
Reply With Quote
  #730  
Old 04-07-2015, 12:08 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,431
There is also the possibility that some people opted for the lesser title choice because they may think that lesser title is what Camilla would prefer. She did choose to use the Duchess of Cornwall title over the Princess of Wales title and that may have factored in.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Reply With Quote
  #731  
Old 04-07-2015, 02:26 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 2,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
There is also the possibility that some people opted for the lesser title choice because they may think that lesser title is what Camilla would prefer. She did choose to use the Duchess of Cornwall title over the Princess of Wales title and that may have factored in.
As far as I understand, she didn't choose to be called "Duchess of Cornwall" rather than "Princess of Wales". That was Charles' (and maybe the Queen's ?) decision at the time to make his second marriage more acceptable to the British public.

If anything, the polls seem to suggest Camilla's alleged popularity surge has now peaked, and may well be receding. With nearly 40 % of the public still favo(u)ring a lesser title and another 10 % or so unsure about it, there is no way Charles will risk making her queen if or when he ascends the throne.
Reply With Quote
  #732  
Old 04-07-2015, 02:28 PM
AdmirerUS's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 5,072
I've always thought these "how much do you love the royals" polls go up with major events, like the Jubilee and then tail off. I think this is just part of a general tail off.

Watch for the general upturn when HM becomes the longest reigning!
__________________
"And the tabloid press will be a pain in the ass, as usual." - Royal Norway
Reply With Quote
  #733  
Old 04-07-2015, 02:28 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 12,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
There is also the possibility that some people opted for the lesser title choice because they may think that lesser title is what Camilla would prefer. She did choose to use the Duchess of Cornwall title over the Princess of Wales title and that may have factored in.
I agree. Other than that, its live and let live. Camilla hasn't really put a foot wrong, has she? Charles' reign will be a short one in comparison so I guess many people tend to say why not, after all this time.
Reply With Quote
  #734  
Old 04-07-2015, 05:05 PM
DukeofMontpelier's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Putney, United States
Posts: 104
Well said Duke of Marmalade! I loved Diana and still do but I believe all the signs show William and Henry have moved on for their father and so should the public. Whoever has lead a perfect life cast the first stone.
Reply With Quote
  #735  
Old 04-07-2015, 06:50 PM
cepe's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I agree. Other than that, its live and let live. Camilla hasn't really put a foot wrong, has she? Charles' reign will be a short one in comparison so I guess many people tend to say why not, after all this time.
Well said. She has kept her counsel, got on with the royal job, supported Chareles and HMQ, maintained her own family life with her children and grandchildren - without putting a foot wrong.

She also seems to accept the royal life (with her own family life safeguarded) in a way that William is not. I think the public see that as well.
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Reply With Quote
  #736  
Old 04-07-2015, 09:56 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 2,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
She also seems to accept the royal life (with her own family life safeguarded) in a way that William is not. I think the public see that as well.
Are you trying to say William does not accept the royal life, or is reluctant to take up royal duties ? I certainly don't see it that way and I don't think the public at large agrees with you either. BTW, William is far more popular than Camilla.
Reply With Quote
  #737  
Old 04-07-2015, 10:57 PM
Queen Camilla's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 1,861
This poll should be scrapped.

First and foremost it is deliberately leading the public by asking should Camilla being given a lesser title because of Diana.

Let them ask the questions.
Should the monarchy remain?
If so, which members of the monarchy should be kept.
A similar poll was asked several months ago and Harry was voted out.

If they are going to ask the Diana question, ask it of Catherine and Camilla then compare the results.

Should the Duchess of Cornwall be given a lesser title of Princess Consort when her husband becomes King?
Should the Duchess of Cambridge be given a lesser title of Princess Consort when her husband becomes King?

Lets see what the results of asking the question without the deliberately leading?
Reply With Quote
  #738  
Old 04-07-2015, 11:06 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Top End, Australia
Posts: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Are you trying to say William does not accept the royal life, or is reluctant to take up royal duties ? I certainly don't see it that way and I don't think the public at large agrees with you either. BTW, William is far more popular than Camilla.
William is young with a pretty young wife, a cute young son and is the son of Diana - of course he's more popular than Camilla.
Reply With Quote
  #739  
Old 04-07-2015, 11:39 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
This poll should be scrapped.

First and foremost it is deliberately leading the public by asking should Camilla being given a lesser title because of Diana.

Let them ask the questions.
Should the monarchy remain?
If so, which members of the monarchy should be kept.
A similar poll was asked several months ago and Harry was voted out.

If they are going to ask the Diana question, ask it of Catherine and Camilla then compare the results.

Should the Duchess of Cornwall be given a lesser title of Princess Consort when her husband becomes King?
Should the Duchess of Cambridge be given a lesser title of Princess Consort when her husband becomes King?

Lets see what the results of asking the question without the deliberately leading?
Perhaps it would be a more interesting poll should the question be asked "Does your perception of Diana, Princess of Wales affect your answers? Yes or No".
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Reply With Quote
  #740  
Old 04-07-2015, 11:42 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: bedford, United States
Posts: 1,386
Will Will and Kate be so mega popular as 55 year olds a couple of grown kids and most people have only distant memories of Diana? Seriously doubt it. I think their popularity has a lot more to do with freshness and attractiveness and baby appeal than anything to do with Camilla.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, public opinion


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
best outfit best outfit december birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess victoria current events denmark duchess of cambridge eveningwear earl of snowdon europe general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta elena infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín james bond king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein monarchy news picture of the week prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince harry prince nicholas prince oscar prince philip prince sebastian princess beatrice princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria prince william queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania in new zealand queen silvia state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family united kingdom victoria



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:35 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises