The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-05-2015, 06:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh yes a very good job, and she had to give up her privacy... huge sacrifice she did for love !!!

Old 04-06-2015, 07:49 PM
Heir Apparent

A new YouGov poll about Camilla's popularity, showing 49% would like to see her take the title of Queen, down from 53% last year.

Half of British public now think Camilla should become Queen, according to new YouGov poll | Royal | News | Daily Express

Old 04-07-2015, 08:57 AM
Heir Apparent

So just less than half
Old 04-07-2015, 08:59 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
A new YouGov poll about Camilla's popularity, showing 49% would like to see her take the title of Queen, down from 53% last year.

Half of British public now think Camilla should become Queen, according to new YouGov poll | Royal | News | Daily Express
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
So just less than half
As expected, these numbers have been consistently rising over the last decade. She has not put a foot wrong in her royal role, and I am sure the public, at large, appreciate that.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:04 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
So just less than half
Almost half, as the article states. 35% still think Camilla should take a lesser title. Like shares, poll results can go up and down.
Old 04-07-2015, 10:32 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
As expected, these numbers have been consistently rising over the last decade. She has not put a foot wrong in her royal role, and I am sure the public, at large, appreciate that.
The numbers actually fell from 53 % to 49 %. That decline is greater than the poll's margin of error.

The most significant news is that there is still considerable popular opposition to Camilla's becoming queen.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:21 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
The numbers actually fell from 53 % to 49 %. That decline is greater than the poll's margin of error.

The most significant news is that there is still considerable popular opposition to Camilla's becoming queen.
No.
The most significant news is that in ten years the popularity of the Duchess of Cornwall has increased considerably. That's a fact.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:26 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:

Actually the numbers are within the margin of error. Yougov polls have a +/- 3 percentage points. That means that the actual results from last year could have been anywhere between 50-56%. The actual results from this year's poll could have been anywhere from 46-52%. So it could be that the 53% from last year was slightly high and this year's 49% is slightly low.

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2011/11/21...-margin-error/

Some fluctuation is normal. I can't think of any reason for her poll numbers would have taken a major hit in the last year.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
Actually the numbers are within the margin of error. Yougov polls have a +/- 3 percentage points. That means that the actual results from last year could have been anywhere between 50-56%. The actual results from this year's poll could have been anywhere from 46-52%. So it could be that the 53% from last year was slightly high and this year's 49% is slightly low.

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2011/11/21...-margin-error/

Some fluctuation is normal. I can't think of any reason for her poll numbers would have taken a major hit in the last year.
There's also the fact that Catherine is pregnant and the Cambridges are probably polling rather high right now. In all likelihood, any surge in their popularity is going to result in a bit if a decline in popularity of Charles and Camilla.
Old 04-07-2015, 12:08 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
There is also the possibility that some people opted for the lesser title choice because they may think that lesser title is what Camilla would prefer. She did choose to use the Duchess of Cornwall title over the Princess of Wales title and that may have factored in.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 04-07-2015, 02:26 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
There is also the possibility that some people opted for the lesser title choice because they may think that lesser title is what Camilla would prefer. She did choose to use the Duchess of Cornwall title over the Princess of Wales title and that may have factored in.
As far as I understand, she didn't choose to be called "Duchess of Cornwall" rather than "Princess of Wales". That was Charles' (and maybe the Queen's ?) decision at the time to make his second marriage more acceptable to the British public.

If anything, the polls seem to suggest Camilla's alleged popularity surge has now peaked, and may well be receding. With nearly 40 % of the public still favo(u)ring a lesser title and another 10 % or so unsure about it, there is no way Charles will risk making her queen if or when he ascends the throne.
Old 04-07-2015, 02:28 PM
Heir Apparent

I've always thought these "how much do you love the royals" polls go up with major events, like the Jubilee and then tail off. I think this is just part of a general tail off.

Watch for the general upturn when HM becomes the longest reigning!
Old 04-07-2015, 02:28 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I agree. Other than that, its live and let live. Camilla hasn't really put a foot wrong, has she? Charles' reign will be a short one in comparison so I guess many people tend to say why not, after all this time.
Old 04-07-2015, 05:05 PM
Aristocracy

Well said Duke of Marmalade! I loved Diana and still do but I believe all the signs show William and Henry have moved on for their father and so should the public. Whoever has lead a perfect life cast the first stone.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I agree. Other than that, its live and let live. Camilla hasn't really put a foot wrong, has she? Charles' reign will be a short one in comparison so I guess many people tend to say why not, after all this time.
Well said. She has kept her counsel, got on with the royal job, supported Chareles and HMQ, maintained her own family life with her children and grandchildren - without putting a foot wrong.

She also seems to accept the royal life (with her own family life safeguarded) in a way that William is not. I think the public see that as well.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-07-2015, 09:56 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
She also seems to accept the royal life (with her own family life safeguarded) in a way that William is not. I think the public see that as well.
Are you trying to say William does not accept the royal life, or is reluctant to take up royal duties ? I certainly don't see it that way and I don't think the public at large agrees with you either. BTW, William is far more popular than Camilla.
Old 04-07-2015, 10:57 PM
Royal Highness

This poll should be scrapped.

First and foremost it is deliberately leading the public by asking should Camilla being given a lesser title because of Diana.

Let them ask the questions.
Should the monarchy remain?
If so, which members of the monarchy should be kept.
A similar poll was asked several months ago and Harry was voted out.

If they are going to ask the Diana question, ask it of Catherine and Camilla then compare the results.

Should the Duchess of Cornwall be given a lesser title of Princess Consort when her husband becomes King?
Should the Duchess of Cambridge be given a lesser title of Princess Consort when her husband becomes King?

Lets see what the results of asking the question without the deliberately leading?
Old 04-07-2015, 11:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Are you trying to say William does not accept the royal life, or is reluctant to take up royal duties ? I certainly don't see it that way and I don't think the public at large agrees with you either. BTW, William is far more popular than Camilla.
William is young with a pretty young wife, a cute young son and is the son of Diana - of course he's more popular than Camilla.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:39 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
This poll should be scrapped.

First and foremost it is deliberately leading the public by asking should Camilla being given a lesser title because of Diana.

Let them ask the questions.
Should the monarchy remain?
If so, which members of the monarchy should be kept.
A similar poll was asked several months ago and Harry was voted out.

If they are going to ask the Diana question, ask it of Catherine and Camilla then compare the results.

Should the Duchess of Cornwall be given a lesser title of Princess Consort when her husband becomes King?
Should the Duchess of Cambridge be given a lesser title of Princess Consort when her husband becomes King?

Lets see what the results of asking the question without the deliberately leading?
Perhaps it would be a more interesting poll should the question be asked "Does your perception of Diana, Princess of Wales affect your answers? Yes or No".
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 04-07-2015, 11:42 PM
Serene Highness

Will Will and Kate be so mega popular as 55 year olds a couple of grown kids and most people have only distant memories of Diana? Seriously doubt it. I think their popularity has a lot more to do with freshness and attractiveness and baby appeal than anything to do with Camilla.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, public opinion