The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-09-2015, 02:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

I too didn't hear any boo's upon their arrival. The only thing I noticed, (I think) was a little nervousness from Camilla when she looked in the direction of the Spencer's. It was during the ending of a hymn, she looked in their direction and just looked nervous, IMO.

I agree, Osipi.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 01-09-2015, 03:17 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
. . . Let's see what happens when Charles takes the throne I don't think it's going to go as smoothly as he thinks it will and lot's of things will be bought up. Afterall Camilla with be a Queen with a very colourful past and a not so good reputation. . . . . .
Well Charles wife was always going to be a Queen with a colourful past, be it Diana or Camilla.

I have to admit the number of people wallowing in the misery of ancient history, well things that happened over 20 years ago that are all more than a little debateable, is just plain depressing.

From what I have seen and read, Camilla is holding her own and doing very well. I admire and respect the woman more with each passing year.

Old 01-09-2015, 10:43 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Well Charles wife was always going to be a Queen with a colourful past, be it Diana or Camilla.

I have to admit the number of people wallowing in the misery of ancient history, well things that happened over 20 years ago that are all more than a little debateable, is just plain depressing.

From what I have seen and read, Camilla is holding her own and doing very well. I admire and respect the woman more with each passing year.

Let's not forget some of the rather colorful Queen Consorts we've had in our country's past.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:57 PM
Commoner

Certainly Prince Philip seems to be a great fan of the Duchess of Cornwall - they can often be seen sharing a moment together - whether it's a joke, a smile or a warm-hearted touch.
And I'd say he's a fairly good judge of what's good for the British monarchy? After all, it's said he won't accept the presence of Sarah, Duchess of York!
Old 01-09-2015, 04:08 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Not necessarily. If the couple had worked at their marriage and family life from the very beginning, without the looming presence of Camilla, the chances are good that Diana would have been a Queen with a sterling reputation (and another couple of children, too).

Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-09-2015, 11:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_royalist View Post
Certainly Prince Philip seems to be a great fan of the Duchess of Cornwall - they can often be seen sharing a moment together - whether it's a joke, a smile or a warm-hearted touch.

And I'd say he's a fairly good judge of what's good for the British monarchy? After all, it's said he won't accept the presence of Sarah, Duchess of York!

That little swat on the arm followed W/"And how are you?" She gave him before going into The Chapel Royal for George's Christening still makes me smile when I think of it. From the teasing warm tone Camilla used, I got the impression she meant, "Are you behaving yourself?" Regardless, it really was such a lovely moment and spoke volumes of their relationship. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 01-15-2015, 05:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Lovely geste by a lovely lady:

With many healing thoughts - Camilla sends flowers and card to Norfolk Royal watcher who missed Christmas Day at Sandringham - News - Eastern Daily Press
Old 01-15-2015, 05:57 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
What a heartwarming story. Camilla really is quite a caring person and seems to go out of her way sometimes to make others feel that they matter.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 01-15-2015, 05:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh that's so thoughtful. What a nice story. I wish more of these stories about Camilla were known to the general public

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 01-15-2015, 06:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Another lovely story was that Camilla won the Dutch audience when she made an icognito walk through Amsterdam, on the morning of the new King's Investiture, to feel the atmosphere and enjoy the festive looking city.

The Duchess became recognized by the public and even bought an orange hat from a street vendor. With that -of course- Camilla endeared the Dutchies on an already very Orange-dominated historic day....

'We love your Princess Camilla!': Dutch party tell how they bumped into Camilla and her new orange hat on streets of Amsterdam | Daily Mail Online
Old 01-15-2015, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator

I often think that small gestures like this a much better than grand ones. Camilla has done this sort of thing in the past and it shows a very genuine and caring nature. I like it when royals do these sorts of things!
Old 01-15-2015, 06:26 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
I often think that small gestures like this a much better than grand ones. Camilla has done this sort of thing in the past and it shows a very genuine and caring nature. I like it when royals do these sorts of things!
I agree. These stories along with the spontaneous adopting of a rescue dog gives us insight into Camilla as a person. She doesn't do it for photo ops or because it enhances whatever engagement she happens to be performing but solely because she wants to and is thinking about the other person (or dog). I think she has an adventurous spirit and likes to get out and into the thick of things such as she did during the Dutch celebrations and IIRC, also was spotted out walking about during some of the diamond jubilee celebrations.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 03-14-2015, 09:21 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

All posts rehashing the Charles, Diana, Camilla triangle/state of marriages/etc for the thousandth time have been removed as they are off topic to a thread entitled "Camilla and the Public".
Old 03-15-2015, 08:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I agree. These stories along with the spontaneous adopting of a rescue dog gives us insight into Camilla as a person. She doesn't do it for photo ops or because it enhances whatever engagement she happens to be performing but solely because she wants to and is thinking about the other person (or dog). I think she has an adventurous spirit and likes to get out and into the thick of things such as she did during the Dutch celebrations and IIRC, also was spotted out walking about during some of the diamond jubilee celebrations.
I have always loved her and it confirms what I think of her !!! Thanks !
Old 03-19-2015, 01:27 PM
Majesty

One in a Camillion: the increasing appeal of the Duchess of Cornwall

With republicans, feminists and glamour models among her biggest fans, Rosamund Urwin looks at the increasing appeal of Camilla, the royal who cheers everyone up — and reportedly pinches bottoms

One in a Camillion: the increasing appeal of the Duchess of Cornwall - London Life - Life & Style - London Evening Standard
Old 04-05-2015, 01:59 PM
Commoner

Royal couple marks 10th anniversary

Quote:
A new YouGov poll has found that 10 years later, 49% of the British public now back her becoming queen consort when Charles becomes king. More than a third (35%) think she should be given a lesser title out of sensitivity to Diana, Princess of Wales and 16% were unsure what they thought.
Old 04-05-2015, 02:04 PM
Heir Apparent

We will see what happens but I have the idea that in essence Camilla is seen as a friendly lady who is easiest to approach by the general public. She deserves the well-willingness. Sine her entrance in "The Firm" she has never set any foot wrong. Credits to her.
Old 04-05-2015, 02:17 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
We will see what happens but I have the idea that in essence Camilla is seen as a friendly lady who is easiest to approach by the general public. She deserves the well-willingness. Sine her entrance in "The Firm" she has never set any foot wrong. Credits to her.
She's done a fantastic job over the past 10 years for the Firm and most people that meet her find her to be a warm, down to earth, easy going person that makes one feel at ease. Those qualities have had their effect on Charles too and I think their teamwork makes for not only a happy marriage but also a happy couple taking life forward as it comes. These two definitely balance each other out I think.
― John Lennon
Old 04-05-2015, 02:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Indeed, Camilla has done a great job as Duchess of Cornwall and future Princess Consort/Queen!

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-05-2015, 03:52 PM
Serene Highness

If, [God willing] HMQ lives another five years, public opinion will then have mellowed sufficiently for a majority to be in favour of the Duchess taking her rightful place beside her husband, as his Queen.

She has more than proved herself able, and worthy of the role.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, public opinion