I know you can had it later but not live. So we agree we heard boos

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 01-08-2015, 08:11 AM
Royal Highness

Judge by yourself :

Charles and Camilla arrival at 43.38 :

Old 01-08-2015, 08:25 AM
Royal Highness

Live broadcasts are not really live there is a short delay.

'Live' broadcasts are actually taped. There is a delay of 7 seconds to several minutes depending on the network broadcasting the program.

The broadcaster's view of the wedding and the views of people on the street is not the same.

The broadcaster's booth is not usually located near the people and so they cannot hear individual people. They can pick up a roar in the crowd but not a few people booing.

Because of the location of the broadcaster's booth, they can see thing before the general public so they can edit or add to the taped broadcast.
Old 01-08-2015, 08:27 AM
Royal Highness

So who added it then

I really think your clutching at straws to say someone added it in. Why ?? Who ?? When ??

I have heard of conspiracy theories but this takes the cake ha ha ha

Old 01-08-2015, 08:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

To add it to the live broadcast would have meant having the exact second of arriving as the delay is only around 7 - 9 seconds.

There were people at the Abbey who reported hearing the boos from people near them.

There has never been any suggestion, that I have seen, of any boos other than at the Abbey so people in The Mall wouldn't have heard any anyway given the distance between the venues (and I do know what that distance is having walked it a number of times).

I no longer have the tapes - watching it once was enough - but I do remember the boos and had a number of friends and colleagues ask me about the booing - who was being booed, why etc (not royal watchers and no interest in any royals) on the Monday after the wedding when we returned to school.
Old 01-08-2015, 08:57 AM
Courtier

So a bunch of middle-aged hags or stupid republicans booed to the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall. So what? Nothing will change because of handful of idiots.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:03 AM
Royal Highness

So what .. is that nobody added them in and camilla devotees can't just lie to get the outcome they want. Whoever they may have been( and nice stereo by the way ) they were booed case closed

Old 01-08-2015, 09:15 AM
Royal Highness

Maybe I'm deaf, but was this booing?
Old 01-08-2015, 09:21 AM
Majesty

Without debating ad infinitum if C&C were or were not booed by a select few outside the Abbey at the wedding of William and Catherine, it is clear that they are well respected in public. I have never heard of any incident where they may have been booed in public since their wedding.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:24 AM
Serene Highness

The booing was inaudible to me...the most likely candidates for boos were George Osborne, Nick Clegg, David Cameron, and ABOVE all, the universally loathed Tony Blair...
Old 01-08-2015, 09:38 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
And the Diana haters are exactly the same to see some of the stuff that is written you would think there was more than 3 people in the marriage as they know every word or thought that they all had 30 years ago
One thing I admire about Camilla is that she is the only one of those "three in the marriage" who have kept her mouth shut about everything that went on. I can understand why Diana made that interview, but that didn't make me sympathise with her, rather the opposite (yes, I saw it back then and it made me embarrassed for her sake and for her children's).
Old 01-08-2015, 10:04 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
Camilla will never be beloved but but she will continue to do as much as she can to support the Queen, her husband, and the UK. Most people have moved on from judging her for events that happened more than 20 years before.
I agree, she will never be loved, but she is and will be more respected as time goes by. The same can be said about Philip. He has never been loved, but he is respected.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:17 AM
Royal Highness

I heard no booing.
CNN said they were cheered.
It makes no sense they were booed. It was a festive day and most people would have been cheering. If anyone booed it would not have audible as the cheering would have drowned it out.

If 'booing' was heard it was added to the 'live feed' or maybe some wanted to hear or expected to hear boos and so that is what they 'heard'.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:22 AM
Royal Highness

We have already agreed they couldn't add to a live feed impossible , funny thing is I had forgotten about the booing and the Queen giving Camilla the cold shoulder but now am remembering it all

Old 01-08-2015, 10:25 AM
Heir Apparent

I heard no booing and I saw no giving a cold shoulder. And if there were, then it tells a lot about the people who acted like that to the parents and the soon-parents-in-law of the bridal couple, on their very wedding day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
We have already agreed they couldn't add to a live feed impossible , funny thing is I had forgotten about the booing and the Queen giving Camilla the cold shoulder but now am remembering it all

How to you combine the "cold shoulder" with creating the apparently snubbed lady, who already received the Royal Family Order, a Lady Grand-Cross in the Royal Victorian Order, something the previous Princess of Wales never got? How do you combine the "cold shoulder" with the ladies enjoying High Tea at Fortnum & Mason's? Or the Queen making visits together with the apparently snubbed lady, for an example to Ilford, Essex (visiting Barnardo's) or making a joint engagement to a community riding school in Brighton, etc., all around the wedding? The Germans have a nice word for that: hinheininterpretieren (making suggestive interpretations).

Old 01-08-2015, 10:38 AM
Royal Highness

I'm not saying about other times I'm saying at the wedding

Old 01-08-2015, 11:01 AM
Serene Highness

Back to the subject of the thread. I admit that I didn't hear the boos but I remember it being talked about after the wedding. Apparently a small group of women positioned themselves near the entrance of the church with the intention of trying to ruin the wedding day for Charles and Camilla. As Duc Et Pair said, the incident says a lot more about the people who booed than it does Camilla and Charles.

The fact that a small group of unhappy people continue to hate Camilla is not news. The vast majority of people were waiving flags and cheering as Charles and Camilla arrived. Opinion polls show that she isn't hugely popular but most people accept her as Charles' wife.

My sense is that the majority of people still blame Camilla for the breakup of Charles and Diana's marriage but recognize that life has gone on. Others are stuck in 1992. There is nothing Camilla can do about that.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Camilla knows where she stands with a great deal of members of the public, and I think she accepts the reality and she just carries on. I really like Camilla and I would like to meet her someday. She seems like a good person to know.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 01-08-2015, 12:08 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Camilla knows where she stands with a great deal of members of the public, and I think she accepts the reality and she just carries on. I really like Camilla and I would like to meet her someday. She seems like a good person to know.
Like many of us here in the forums, over time, we've read and discussed and debated till the cows came home (never could figure out where all them cows went in the first place) all the good, bad and the ugly of all aspects of Camilla's life both public and private.

Like you, Dman, Camilla is a person I would very much like to meet and get to know. Over time, from what I've come to know of her, she's proven time and time again qualities that I most admire in a close friend. No matter the circumstances, for Charles, she's been loyal, discreet and supportive. She is the definition of a consort being by his side and not caring for the top dog limelight. She's comfortable enough in her own skin that she doesn't need the praise and/or acceptance of the masses but has the ability to make anyone that meets her feel at ease and sometimes lets her "wicked" good humor shine through.

I think if I was to meet her or perhaps have a meal with her, I'd prefer it more so at Ray Mill rather than Clarence House or Highgrove. I think it'd be a more relaxed, easy going atmosphere and less formal.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 01-09-2015, 01:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Judge by yourself : Charles and Camilla arrival at 43.38 :

Color me confused. I've watched the relevant point in the video, several times, and I just do not hear boos.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, public opinion