The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-07-2015, 08:55 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris M View Post
Oh, so you thought the Worshippers of Saint Diana were the only allowed to pretend they know everything about that marriage and the people involved in it?

I think that quote of yours "Worshippers of Saint Diana " says it all really. Time to move on people.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 01-07-2015, 08:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Time to move on people.

Seriously? Now you managed to surprise me.

Old 01-07-2015, 09:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

They have moved on. Diana is in a pretty grave and they have their lives. Camilla is liked by some, tolerated by many and dislike by others. It doesn't matter. He loves her. He has from the beginning. They have a wonderful marriage. It is just when you play you pay. They seem to have gotten discount prices.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's sad that peopl3 on here get so insecure when something positive is said about Camilla that they continue to bring up ancient history just to bring her back down.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 01-07-2015, 09:29 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
It's sad that peopl3 on here get so insecure when something positive is said about Camilla that they continue to bring up ancient history just to bring her back down.
I couldn't agree more.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

I was and still am a huge Diana fan. I also knew though Diana wasn't perfect, I'm also willing to admit how the marriage broke down and Camilla's part in it, did affect my view and opinion of Camilla ten years ago.

Funny thing happened over the years. I grew up and also realized a couple of things. She really and truly makes Charles happy. The PoW is the most relaxed I've seen him in years and a good part of that is due to Camilla. He knows she's there for him no matter what, and knowing that about your Partner when you live the life they do, is huge!!

Also William and Harry have accepted her. That, especially for William, could not have been easy to do.

She has become a hard working Member of the Royal Family and that was acknowledged by The Queen when she made Camilla a Dame of the Royal Victorian Order (I'm thinking it's Dame Grand Cross, but as I'm going by memory...). HM doesn't give that honour out unless it's been well and truly earned.

AFAIC it's close to 20 yrs since Diana's death and it's more than time for some to move on, grow up or both.

I will always have a special place in my heart for Diana. Always. Camilla has earned my respect over the last decade however and for me to say that is something I never thought would happen.

Proof I'm growing in maturity. What a scary thought. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 01-07-2015, 10:05 PM
Majesty

Tiggersk8,

Thanks for posting your opinion on Camilla. Now I don't have to.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:13 PM
Royal Highness

Camilla is 67 years old. The media is mostly interested in 20-35 year olds. The 20-35 years olds are not interested in a 60+ woman, especially a woman who is matronly.
Old 01-08-2015, 02:30 AM
Heir Apparent

If we are talking personally, no I wasnt in the Mall at the time of the royal wedding. I was among the crowds before Diana's funeral, however, and the mood there was, for a monarchist, very strange.

I am neither a teenager nor young, (and why should they be stigmatised anyway, as 'shallow' readers of Morton etc.) Young people arent interested in Camilla or the deceased Diana, anyway. Do Camilla admirers only read 'Majesty' and similar magazines? I can remember the Queen as a very young woman.

There are some people who don't like Camilla. A great deal of it has to do with views on Charles's first marriage and his adultery, (and yes, Diana cheated too, but she is dead.) There is a reason why she will never be accepted by a section of the population and that's it.
Old 01-08-2015, 02:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

No, Camilla probably will never be fully accepted. Historically, her copybook is forever blotted, but the woman is doing her job folks. She has made Charles happy once again and she works very hard as a senior member of the royal family.

Although I'm a huge admirer of Charles's late wife, I know it's been time to leave the past behind and move forward. Camilla has come a long way and the time is getting nearer on whether she'll be Queen or Princess Consort. Either way, Camilla will do her job, and I think that's the important thing.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 01-08-2015, 03:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
[....] At the royal wedding of Kate and William boos were heard among the cheering from the public when Charles and Camilla appeared. [...]
Source, please?
Old 01-08-2015, 03:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

It was clearly audible on the tapes from the day.
Old 01-08-2015, 03:50 AM
Royal Highness

The booing story has been proven a fake.
The boos were added to video after filming.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:03 AM
Royal Highness

Really ? Who would do that ? Source, please

Old 01-08-2015, 04:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sorry - I heard them on the tapes I made because I was at the football - so taped live and they were definitely there. Friends, who also watched it live also heard them.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:21 AM
Royal Highness

I remember hearing it but was too excited to really care. So I don't see how it was added unless it was delay. And who would go to the trouble to do that.

Old 01-08-2015, 04:36 AM
Royal Highness

I didn't hear any booing from the crowd in the mall during the Royal Wedding carriage procession or the diamond jubilee carriage procession when Camillia was sitting next to The Queen.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:36 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
It was clearly audible on the tapes from the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
The booing story has been proven a fake.
The boos were added to video after filming.
It appears we have a questionable situation. Perhaps if someone could check the sources of the tapes in question we might know for sure.

As an aside, way back in 2011 when London was engulfed by anti-cuts protests that turned into violent riots, arosn and looting by splinter groups, Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall were caught up in the violence and their car attacted and Camilla assaulted. Mischievous posters referred to the royal couple as being the subject and target of the rioters. Weirdly others actually believed them.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:48 AM
Royal Highness

Queen Camilla said the boo's were added so I would like to know how that could have happened.

Old 01-08-2015, 06:20 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Queen Camilla said the boo's were added so I would like to know how that could have happened.

You can add sound to a video or a recording of some type afterwards. There are multiple computer programs that allow you to do this. It's quite easy.

I watched the wedding live from start to finish, therefore nothing could have been added and I heard the boos quite clear.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, public opinion