The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-12-2012, 12:09 PM
Heir Apparent

And it's a good thing that Camilla doesn't hold that spotlight, either. She doesn't have the personality to want to be in the limelight, I think.

Old 03-12-2012, 12:48 PM
Serene Highness

Camilla is very gracious about sharing and, from my point of view, was never involved with Charles in order to be in a spotlight. She seems very well-adjusted, happy and, well, kind.

Old 03-12-2012, 12:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightningbearer View Post
I think these days Camilla has been accepted by the public and usually gets favorable coverage, although the D of Cambridge eclipses her now I think Camilla has done really well since she's been married and acted fantastically. She'll never hold the spotlight that Diana did but I think most people accept that now as part of her appeal
I don't get the impression she wants the same spotlight Diana had. In fact, other than the Kardashians and a few other people who want to be snapped by the paparazzi, I can't think of anyone who would want the same spot light Diana had.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have been quite impressed with Camilla and the impression she has left on the Public. I always thought I'd have a resentment about Camilla being the "other woman", but time has healed a lot. Charles seems happy, his sons love her, and the public (including me) seems to respond to that!
Old 03-12-2012, 03:48 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

So have I. Camilla has managed to win my respect and support with the grace, sense of humour and charm she carries her engagements. The pictures and videos I've seen of her show a lovely woman with great sense of humour, someone you'd feel very comfortable around.
Definitely a nice addition to the Royal Family.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:04 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post

So have I. Camilla has managed to win my respect and support with the grace, sense of humour and charm she carries her engagements. The pictures and videos I've seen of her show a lovely woman with great sense of humour, someone you'd feel very comfortable around.
Definitely a nice addition to the Royal Family.
I have to admit that without any real knowledge of what happened, I was not that fond of Camilla. My opinion since finding this forum has drastically changed. Actual knowledge is a wonderful thing.

She seems to be a very nice, down-to-earth woman. And the fact that it seems that William and Harry accept and like her goes a long way with me. They KNOW her, I don't. And yes, I think their acceptance of her and their positive feelings towards her are genuine, not an ACT put on for the masses.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:10 PM
Aristocracy

I know I'm bumping a thread that's been quite quiet for some time, but I thought this was the most appropriate place to put this. I haven't seen it covered in other threads, but if it has, my apologies and this post can be either moved or deleted.

A new YouGov poll has found that a majority of Britons now support Camilla being referred to as 'Queen' when Charles accedes to the throne, by a margin of 53% to 32%.

Camilla can become 'Queen', say public

I'm sure this is a heartening development for Clarence House.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
I know I'm bumping a thread that's been quite quiet for some time, but I thought this was the most appropriate place to put this. I haven't seen it covered in other threads, but if it has, my apologies and this post can be either moved or deleted.

A new YouGov poll has found that a majority of Britons now support Camilla being referred to as 'Queen' when Charles accedes to the throne, by a margin of 53% to 32%.

Camilla can become 'Queen', say public

I'm sure this is a heartening development for Clarence House.
Surprising that the Daily Mail didn't pick up that one ...
Old 06-14-2014, 07:24 PM
Majesty

Doesn't fit with the DM's idea of news I suppose. Of course the Camilla haters will say 'you can't trust a poll' - the same people who last year or in years past pointed to the same poll as the evidence that Camilla should never by The Queen Consort.
Old 06-14-2014, 07:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, those naysayers will have to live with the fact that Camilla is popular because she will be Queen Consort whether they like it or not.
Old 06-14-2014, 08:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Well, those naysayers will have to live with the fact that Camilla is popular because she will be Queen Consort whether they like it or not.
Basically she will be known as Queen Consort or known by something else such as Princess Consort regardless of what any of the public think. Everyone has an opinion on this and its good to get a pulse on what the public thinks but when it comes down to the final wire, its up to the powers that be that can do all the legal legwork and a biggie too is Camilla's wishes I think.

Personally, I do think no matter what she is known as, she will be a remarkable asset not only to Charles but also the monarchy and the family.
Old 06-15-2014, 04:58 AM
Serene Highness

It is a phenomenon we see in the last decade. Something which is BIG! news for media are essentially leaving people totally undifferent. Media predicting anger suddenly find themselves surrounded by an audience who could not care less. A lot of the so-called "unrest in society" only takes place on television.

It is the same with the Duchess of Cornwall. When Charles is King and Camilla will be Queen. The average Brit will shrug the shoulders. As long as they can have an undisturbed nice barbecue in their garden and as long as England plays well at the World Cup, they could not care less.

It reminds to a CNN classic. In the 1980's the Indian PM Rajiv Ghandi was assassinated, like his mother, PM Indira Gandhi was once assassinated. A CNN crew flew in full force to Delhi, expecting emotional scenes, chaos and mass hysteria. All the CNN crew saw was just life going on. In the broadcast the CNN reporter, with a serious and solemn face, stated: "A nation too stunned to grief".

Old 06-15-2014, 02:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Surprising that the Daily Mail didn't pick up that one ...
Perhaps we should be heartened that the poll received such little comment in the media. I think we're getting to the stage where Camilla's position in the royal family is not only accepted, but no longer really noteworthy. Of course the usual suspects will try and stir the pot, but for most people not only has she been accepted but it also makes complete sense that she should be Queen when her husband is King.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:24 AM
Serene Highness

Imo Camilla indeed comes across as a person who can make people feel at ease and you could imagine having her come to visit at your house. Like someone said what also helps a lot is that William and Harry seem to genuinly like here and are often seen joking around with her.
I think she would make a great queen next to the "head of state king" and i hope she will have a chance to have that role for a good many years..
Old 06-16-2014, 04:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
It reminds to a CNN classic. In the 1980's the Indian PM Rajiv Ghandi was assassinated, like his mother, PM Indira Gandhi was once assassinated. A CNN crew flew in full force to Delhi, expecting emotional scenes, chaos and mass hysteria. All the CNN crew saw was just life going on. In the broadcast the CNN reporter, with a serious and solemn face, stated: "A nation too stunned to grief".

That is a classic!
Old 06-17-2014, 05:45 AM
Serene Highness

I think the increased approval is a sum of various little parts. Camilla seems not to be the Rottweiller the media once depicted. Camilla has become more prominent in royal events. Camilla does major public appearances with a lot of natural panache and in great style. Camilla seems goodnatured and approachable.

Sometimes small details can make a whole world. On April 29th 2013 the Duchess impressed the Dutch watching live TV by her glorious appearance for the Queen's Farewell Banquet in the Rijksmuseum. They saw an elegantly dressed Duchess, with sparkling jewels, admiring the stunning surroundings and interacting most charming with the other guests.

On April 30th 2014 the Dutch learned from media that -before the Investiture- the Duchess of Cornwall left the Amstel Grand Hotel for a stroll through Amsterdam. People in the street could not believe it was Camilla, walking there in the streets and were flabbergasted when she bought a little orange hat from a street vendor and started to chat with Amsterdamers passing by. Her approval went up in turbo mode, Camilla has conquered Amsterdam.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...Amsterdam.html
Old 06-17-2014, 05:57 AM
Administrator

Please note that all posts regarding the lifespans of Charles's ancestors have been deleted as off topic.

Any and all additional posts will be deleted without notice.

Old 07-02-2014, 05:23 PM
Serene Highness

Believe it or not :

HOW CAMILLA WON OUR HEARTS
It has been a long, hard journey, but the Duchess of Cornwall has never been more popular. Thomas Blaikie celebrates her 'arrival' and reveals the secret of her success

How Camilla won our hearts
Old 07-02-2014, 06:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Please note that all posts regarding the lifespans of Charles's ancestors have been deleted as off topic.

Any and all additional posts will be deleted without notice.
But on topic, if somewhat creepy, should Camilla outlive Charles, this member of the public thinks she will make a spectacular continuing member of the working royal group. She has exceeded all expectations. In my mind, that says more about the press and how they trash people's personalities than it does about her. People who knew her knew she was a good egg in a bad carton.
I'm happy she is on board for the ride!
Old 07-02-2014, 07:15 PM
Nobility

I'm not the biggest fan of Camilla. But I recognize that she does Charles happy.
I think there were two Charles, Charles Diana and Charles Camilla.

Style of the Portuguese sovereign: By the Grace of God and by the Constitution of the Monarchy, King [or Queen] of Portugal and the Algarves of either side of the sea in Africa, Lord of Guinea and of Conquest, Navigation, and Commerce of Ethiopia, Arabia, Persia, and India, etc.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, public opinion