The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-25-2012, 01:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by rk800 View Post
Anyways, as I was saying Camilla will probably never be that favored by the public. Unfortunately, she will always be known as the "woman who stole Charles". It's a shame, though. If Charles had married her instead of Diana the public would probably have favored her a lot more.
I think if you read through the posts in both Camilla's and Charles' current events threads, you will find that not only are the both of them warmly received wherever they go, they also present themselves as a genuinely happy couple. Camilla has a warm, down to earth quality that puts whomever she meets instantly at east I think.

Old 02-25-2012, 02:49 AM
Majesty

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I just can't respect anyone who holds an ounce of respect for Camilla. I think that her role in the monarchy is a total joke. She knows that no one likes her, so she looks to the monarch who held the most public adoration (Diana) and tries to copy off of her. Granted, she is certainly not the worst out of the bunch but she certainly isn't wonderful.

As one of the people that you 'can't respect' because I think Camilla is wonderful - all I can say is - I don't care.

Camilla is earning respect and love from people all the time - because she is actually showing what the wife of the heir to the throne is supposed to do - support her husband and the monarch and never show up either of them.

Old 02-25-2012, 02:58 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think if you read through the posts in both Camilla's and Charles' current events threads, you will find that not only are the both of them warmly received wherever they go, they also present themselves as a genuinely happy couple. Camilla has a warm, down to earth quality that puts whomever she meets instantly at east I think.
Yeah, exactly! Stealing the real Prince is kinda complicated process, we admire this fact
I think Camilla will be never adored by the public as Diana was. And she's not trying to be "Queen of Hearts\Nations\etc.".She's Camilla
Anyway, she's very pleasant and cheerful lady, she has warm relationships with her stepsons, and it means a lot for me.
Old 02-25-2012, 04:38 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk800
Anyways, as I was saying Camilla will probably never be that favored by the public. Unfortunately, she will always be known as the "woman who stole Charles". It's a shame, though. If Charles had married her instead of Diana the public would probably have favored her a lot more.
You might want to check out why the public thinks before making ridiculous comments that Camilla will never be "favoured". People round the world who come into contact with British Royal stories fit into 3 categories, those who don't care period, Diana Fangirls and those with an objective view of past as current events.

Also; "she will always be known as the woman who stole Charles" is incorrect. She might be known like that to you and other Fangirls, but not everyone in the world who I doubt you could speak for.

Oh almost forgot your first post in this thread contain some very rude comments, and some rather incorrect statements as well. Particularly Camilla copying off Diana, HA! Why would she want to copy off someone who did almost everything wrong in her life, save her children.
Old 02-25-2012, 04:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

I loved Princess Diana. However, I also really like Camillia, and have enjoyed her contributions to the BRF...I don't feel the need to choose one or the other. I can respect and appreciate each royal lady as a unique and individual human being.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:00 AM
Aristocracy

No media ever compares Camilla and Diana anymore for years. How could they?
How can a glamorous mid thirties woman and a down to earth woman well into her 60s can be compared?

Over here in Germany the press is rather neutral if not friendly towards Camilla. She earned the respect of people who follow what she does.

I can respect Camilla, in fact, I like her very much for the public things she does and HOW she does them, imho she is doing a wonderful job. If that makes my character questionable, well, think what you want.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

I like to believe I am objective in my views, I tend to be a little harsh on Diana in my current posts but that is mostly only if they are a rehash of the adultery, and Camilla, Charles, Diana triangle and I tend to point out that Diana wasn't as innocent as some would like her to believe.
When Princess Diana died for me it was like Titanic mania all over again, I had to have everything about her every book every magazine and I even brought into the blame the royal family for their coldness towards Diana. If this board had been in my life back then I would be just as much a fangirl as some currently are.
Camilla is completely different from Diana and there are no comparisons between the two. They may have been married to the same man, wear the same jewelry, and both had blonde hair, but that is really wear the comparisons end. From what I have seen, Camilla has no desire to attempt to be Diana and has tried to be as good of a step-mother to Diana's children as she can be.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 02-25-2012, 08:55 AM

I must say that I agree with you Patra, in my opinion a very sensible point of view.
Old 02-25-2012, 06:13 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I just can't respect anyone who holds an ounce of respect for Camilla..
Maybe you didn't mean to be insulting but the above comment is just that. The nice thing about this forum is that everyone can have their 'favorite' royal without putting down others who have a different opinion. Diana had many good qualities and Camilla has good qualities. We can spend pages listing each of their shortcomings. That really does no one any good. We cant redo the past- if there were no Princess Diana we would not have Prince William and Prince Harry.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

I believe Camilla has done her best to live down the scandal, and imo she has succeeded to a large extent.
Furthermore, Charles seems relaxed and comfortable with her.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Raking over the past doesn't accomplish anything since that's where you'll remain. To keep pushing Diana's presence on Charles and Camilla, as well as on Kate, by inevitable comparisons and pointed barbs doesn't accomplish anything. It actually makes people want to roll their eyes even more, which is what I'm doing now. Point of the story, if Camilla makes Charles and his children happy, and the British public delighted with her appearances and comportment, I'm very pleased for all concerned. She's obviously an asset to the house of Windsor and has rehabilitated her image in the public eye with grace, dignity and a strong work ethic.

I look forward to seeing Camilla as Queen Consort whenever that day arrives.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I just can't respect anyone who holds an ounce of respect for Camilla.
Someone who can't respect me because I like someone/something they don't isn't worth my time. Camilla makes Charles happy, his sons like her, and his family has accepted her. Being someone who isn't in the UK or a Commonwealth country, she holds no affect or bearing on my life, so I can sit here in North Carolina and say I like her, without giving a fig what someone somewhere else thinks.

Cheers to Camilla!
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 02-25-2012, 09:08 PM
Aristocracy

The public should leave what is in the past in the past to put it bluntly and focus on the now. The thing that matters most is if she's doing a good job or not.

And no I'm not a Camilla fan or a Diana fan. I'm rather indifferent towards both of them, because who says Diana would still be 'that Diana' right now if she lived. I do admit I feel sorry for her but I also feel sorry for Camilla in a way. The public still judge her for things that happened ages ago.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:12 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I just can't respect anyone who holds an ounce of respect for Camilla. I think that her role in the monarchy is a total joke. She knows that no one likes her, so she looks to the monarch who held the most public adoration (Diana) and tries to copy off of her. Granted, she is certainly not the worst out of the bunch but she certainly isn't wonderful.

So you can't respect William and Harry either as they obviously respect Camilla as their father's wife and can see the happiness he has brought to him.

She actually knows that some people, including Charles' sons do like her. If you have ever seen Camilla with William and/or Harry (as I have) you would know that they enjoy being with her and certainly do respect her.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
So you can't respect William and Harry either as they obviously respect Camilla as their father's wife and can see the happiness he has brought to him.

She actually knows that some people, including Charles' sons do like her. If you have ever seen Camilla with William and/or Harry (as I have) you would know that they enjoy being with her and certainly do respect her.
This was my reaction to that particular post also.

I just don't see why people let themselves get so personally upset over a situation when the people who were actually involved, and most affected by it, have themselves moved on.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:22 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I would like to point out Diana was never a monarch, for the last 60 years the monarch of Great Britian has been Queen Elizabeth II.
Two, not all of us liked Diana or fall into the Diana was saint and therefore could do no wrong camp. You may feel that way but please do not insult everyone here who is prepared to like and defend Camilla and/or Charles even if their actions were not always prudent.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:44 PM
Courtier

I think Camilla has really turned around they way the public look at her. Yes there will always be those people who hate her simply because they love Diana but for most people they see Camilla for who she is herself. At the end of the day I think most people now recognize that Charles and Diana just weren't right for each other while Charles and Camilla are. After years of only being able to judge her as "the other woman" we now get to judge her as a person in her own right and we see she is kind, warm, funny and caring. I think for the British public there is also a degree of admiration for the fact that Camilla has had to bear and has overcome much unfair criticism and even unfairer blame and hate for the breakup and even death of Diana. I really feel the Diana memorial service 10 years after Diana's death was a real turning point, the way it was handled and the way Camilla had to not attend was seen my many and the media as the only answer but one which humiliated Camilla so unfairly.
To those people who don't like Camilla (and might even dislike people just for liking her) i ask this - do you dislike Camilla for who she is as a person or just because you love Diana so much?
(and before I get hatemail or shouted down I grew up during the Diana years and loved her, admired her and still thing she was wonderful but that doesn't mean I can't like Camilla as well)
Old 02-25-2012, 09:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

One thing I tend to notice is the people who castigate Camilla for being the "other woman" during Charles and Diana's marriage, never seem to bring up the fact that Diana was screwing around on Charles herself. It's almost as if they don't want to believe it is true, so therefore it must not be.

All three of them behaved badly. That is fact. No one was faithful to their spouse, including Camilla. Everyone cheated on everyone. It was appalling, it was ludicrous, and it was public. That was more than a decade ago, close to two. LET IT GO. Diana has since died, but even if she hadn't, her and Charles were divorced, so it's not like Camilla stole a crown off her head. It's doubtful Charles would have remarried had Diana still been living, but that's another thread. Camilla is Charles's wife now, and by all accounts, has become an asset to the BRF.

I would like to think that if Diana was still alive, for the sake of her sons, she'd want people to let it go and move on.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 02-25-2012, 09:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post

I would like to think that if Diana was still alive, for the sake of her sons, she'd want people to let it go and move on.
Completely agree, Diana would have moved on and found somebody of her own and IN MY OPINION likely would have come to accept or at least no speak out against Charles and Camilla. Everyone always says how much Diana loved her sons and if she loved them that much she would accept Camilla's role in Charles live and put up with it as otherwise it would hurt her sons as it would potentially tear the family up and William & Harry from either Charles or Diana. We have to remember Diana died before she got into a stable, loving relationship or her own If she had died when she was clearly with a life partner/husband our views on Camilla would not nearly be as bad as they are, we can't get stuck in the past, sad as it life moves on and people can't live forever in the past
Old 02-25-2012, 10:05 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
One thing I tend to notice is the people who castigate Camilla for being the "other woman" during Charles and Diana's marriage, never seem to bring up the fact that Diana was screwing around on Charles herself. It's almost as if they don't want to believe it is true, so therefore it must not be.
I actually never heard of it. Care to elaborate? I mean I knew she had a relationship but that was after they were divorced

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, public opinion