The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-07-2006, 02:49 PM
Royal Highness

Hi kids!

I have been on vacation for a couple of weeks. Hope the holidays were good to you all.

I like her style..simple and classic...her clothes do not wear her, she wears her clothes. They are very tasteful for a lady at her stage in life.

Old 01-12-2006, 12:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

She does seem to have found herself a style that looks good on her, doesn't she? Robinson Valentine must be reaping the rewards in much the same way that Catherine Walker did in the 1990s.

Old 01-12-2006, 02:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
She does seem to have found herself a style that looks good on her, doesn't she? Robinson Valentine must be reaping the rewards in much the same way that Catherine Walker did in the 1990s.
I think they can now afford to pick who goes on their client list. They should be very proud of themselves!:)
Old 01-15-2006, 03:45 PM
Serene Highness

Robinson Valentine. Finally got the name down. Is he still her primary dressmaker/fashion advisor? The outfits RV makes are so lovely--simple but elegant and, above all, appropriate for the occasion. I should think it would be hard to find a designer one can trust to properly support you by researching what you will need when you are out and about on engagements. But RV is doing a great job--and I have to give credit to Camilla, too, as she chose that firm.:)
Old 01-15-2006, 05:27 PM
Royal Highness

It's actually two designers, Robinson and Valentine, both ladies working as a team. I forgot their first names.
Old 01-15-2006, 09:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Antonia Robinson and Anna Valentine. At least, I think it's that way round.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Antonia Robinson and Anna Valentine. At least, I think it's that way round.
You are quite right, it is Antonia Robinson and Anna Valentine. I love their extensive use of embroidery.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Camilla seems very nice and will always be there for her husband.

People who don't like her should realize that she makes mistakes just like everyone else.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:28 PM
Majesty

This is another favorable article about Camilla. Nice to see.

Camilla-rious! How the Duchess of Cornwall captured the hearts of the nation at last | Mail Online

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Thanks so much for the link Daria. Some really lovely photos there, particularly the ones with the children, Camilla seems to have a wonderful rapport with them.

I have to say, I always have a giggle at the 'I'm an old bag from Deptford' photo!
Old 12-29-2011, 01:33 PM
Heir Apparent

I really like those series of photos capturing Camilla with all her expressions and it's just as funny to see how Charles cracks up in reaction. The old lady bag is hilarious, but the real gas is the one where she's following the Apache officer up the steps to the helicopter; her hand is - shall we say, strategically placed - and needs a special caption of its own.

On the other hand, I don't care how Camilla dresses (although it's always fun to critique her fashion) and don't rate her ability to be future Queen Consort on that basis, nor should anyone. She's brought Charles and his children much warmth and happiness, she's carrying out her royal duties with humor, poise and charm, and she's winning the approval of the public by those very attributes. If their PR people have had a hand in turning around the couple's public image - well, what of it - it's been done before. But Camilla's been largely responsible for the change in people's perception on her own merit, and she's done a lot of good for Charles' image as well just by their interraction in public. I think the majority of people are intelligent enough to realize that Camilla might just be the right lady for Charles and the job after all.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
It is quite clear that the DM has finally decided to throw its lot in to support Camilla. I think she is doing a wonderful job as the DoC, and no doubt in time will do a sterling job as consort to the King. I suspect the DM is just falling in line with the changing public opinion in support of Camilla.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I really like those series of photos capturing Camilla with all her expressions and it's just as funny to see how Charles cracks up in reaction. The old lady bag is hilarious, but the real gas is the one where she's following the Apache officer up the steps to the helicopter; her hand is - shall we say, strategically placed - and needs a special caption of its own.

On the other hand, I don't care how Camilla dresses (although it's always fun to critique her fashion) and don't rate her ability to be future Queen Consort on that basis, nor should anyone. She's brought Charles and his children much warmth and happiness, she's carrying out her royal duties with humor, poise and charm, and she's winning the approval of the public by those very attributes. If their PR people have had a hand in turning around the couple's public image - well, what of it - it's been done before. But Camilla's been largely responsible for the change in people's perception on her own merit, and she's done a lot of good for Charles' image as well just by their interraction in public. I think the majority of people are intelligent enough to realize that Camilla might just be the right lady for Charles and the job after all.

Well-said!
It just goes to show that it is possible to live down a scandal, and resultant hostile opinion, and earn the respect of the public.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes,she has done a very good job in her public role.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:06 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post

Well said .

There's no doubt in my mind that Camila will do a great job as a Charles' consort. The indication of her being a good and genuine person is her interaction with children. Children are very candid beings, and if they don't like you, they won't bother hiding it. Children flock to Camila, and that shows us that she is a kind and caring individual.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
The indication of her being a good and genuine person is her interaction with children. Children are very candid beings, and if they don't like you, they won't bother hiding it. Children flock to Camila, and that shows us that she is a kind and caring individual.
Totally agree. This picture is a perfect illustration - that little boy is relating to her like he would his mother - or any trusted adult. Beautiful to see. Not everyone has that ability for instant repoire with a child. It cannot be forced. The hardest thing to watch is when someone is trying hard to create the connection with a child - one wants to whisper in their ear to hold back more. Not with Camilla - the children come towards her. Speaks volumes about her.

http://tinyurl.com/czndjel
Old 12-29-2011, 10:37 PM
Aristocracy

Her PR people are working over time. The royal family must be worried prince Philips scare will have brought home the fact the Queen will not be around for ever and I sadly think it could spell the end. Charles doesn't have the same love and respect from the people and Camilla certainly doesn't No matter how much spin they say and write
Old 12-29-2011, 10:42 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^^^
That may well be your personal view but doesn't represent all of his future subjects.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:47 PM
Aristocracy

Not all of them but most I think IMO
Old 12-29-2011, 11:09 PM
Aristocracy

I was one of those people who was a Diana fan and had absolutely no use for Camilla - the third person in the marriage.

But Camilla has worked very hard since she became the DoC. She always seems to be dressed appropriately and does not try to be the star of the show. She's a wonderful support for Charles and they always look so happy together. IMO Camilla has made him a better PoW.

I loved the pictures in the DM...Camilla just looks like such a nice person. And she must be...even William and Harry seem to really like her. I know that my opinion has changed and I would guess that generally public opinion is changing and the DM as you say, has picked up on that. Camilla is a hard person not to like.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, public opinion