The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #161  
Old 02-10-2006, 05:41 PM
BeatrixFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,859
Elton John? He'd praise a fart in a phone box to get his face in the news.
__________________

__________________
Kaye aka BeatrixFan
  #162  
Old 02-10-2006, 08:43 PM
cde cde is offline
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Marina del rey, United States
Posts: 235
I agree with Beatrixfan, It does seem like from a certain group whenever anything positive is said about Camilla, it is immediately discounted somehow. I am not talking directly about the Lagerfeld's commment. Although it wasn't necessary the comment about Diana.

Someone was asking about people who have said bad things about Camilla.
I looked at one point and I think it was 5 people I could find. Two of them I can't remember offhand.
Richard Parker Bowles
2 servants - one who said she was messy and was a cheap tipper. The other was her cook/housekeeper who claimed she never made her own breakfast. Wasn't that part of the woman's job?

I know her ex mother in law didn't like her (big surprise there :) ) but apparently both families weren't happy with the marriage. They each thought Andrew and Camilla could have married better.
__________________

  #163  
Old 02-11-2006, 12:29 PM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by cde
I agree with Beatrixfan, It does seem like from a certain group whenever anything positive is said about Camilla, it is immediately discounted somehow. I am not talking directly about the Lagerfeld's commment. Although it wasn't necessary the comment about Diana. Someone was asking about people who have said bad things about Camilla.
.
I think you are wrong with your 5 people and as BeatrixFan pointed out, every good comment on here is normally met with scorn from the Diana fans and the many who just listen to one side of the debate.
Lagerfeld gave his opinion about Camilla, a woman he knows and likes and who was then asked what he thought about Diana. He gave his honest opinion there as well.
Would people have preferred that he had said Diana was intelligent and he had had intellectually stimulating conversations with her, which anyone who has even read about her, would know was untrue.
Instead of blaming Lagerfeld, blame the reporter for asking for an honest comparison, IHO.
  #164  
Old 02-11-2006, 01:17 PM
georgiea's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 1,644
Did the reporter ask for a comparison?:)
__________________
Watch your actions, for they become your habits. Watch your habits because they become your character. Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.
  #165  
Old 02-11-2006, 01:23 PM
BeatrixFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,859
Even if he didn't, why shouldn't he compare them? Everyone else is.
__________________
Kaye aka BeatrixFan
  #166  
Old 02-11-2006, 01:27 PM
georgiea's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 1,644
Then I would think a little better of him. But still he didn't have to say she was stupid. :)
__________________
Watch your actions, for they become your habits. Watch your habits because they become your character. Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.
  #167  
Old 02-11-2006, 01:33 PM
BeatrixFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,859
Why not? He was making a point that she wasn't intelligent which is well known. if he said, "She wasn't intelligent" it would mean just the same thing as; "she was stupid" or "she was a dunce" or "she was about as intelligent as a shrubbery". However he put it, he wanted to say that she was of limited intelligence and he did.
__________________
Kaye aka BeatrixFan
  #168  
Old 02-11-2006, 01:51 PM
georgiea's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 1,644
I don't know about other people's manners-yours included BeatrixFan. But if someone is dead you should not say mean things about them - they can not defend themselves. Lagerfeld's has made himself not very popular with the public who loved Diana. Can't she rest in peace after almost nine years being dead and taken advantage of by almost everyone around her.

I have accepted Camilla. But I believe she probably didn't want Lagerfeld's help with public approval. I don't think this comment helped her with the public. I bet she doesn't wear his designs either. Can we get back to Camilla and Charles news? What about Charles' court proceedings with the press:) ?
__________________
Watch your actions, for they become your habits. Watch your habits because they become your character. Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.
  #169  
Old 02-11-2006, 02:09 PM
BeatrixFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,859
It's nothing to do with manners. It's to do with saying what you actually think instead of saying what you think you should say.

Quote:
Lagerfeld's has made himself not very popular with the public who loved Diana. Can't she rest in peace after almost nine years being dead and taken advantage of by almost everyone around her.
And you think he actually cares what Diana fans think of him? He's said what he thinks and good luck to him. Again, just because she's dead doesn't mean she's free from criticism. As I said before, Hitler's dead and we say mean things about him. Diana is no different in the respect that she's dead and she is as much open to criticism as anyone else.

Quote:
Can we get back to Camilla and Charles news? What about Charles' court proceedings with the press:) ?
In the Charles and Camilla news thread yes. I still see this as an attempt to make his comments dissapear because for once they don't paint Diana in a good light. It's just an attempt to cover up an anti-Diana comment.
__________________
Kaye aka BeatrixFan
  #170  
Old 02-11-2006, 02:17 PM
Princejohnny25's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: , Antarctica
Posts: 2,033
I dont think his comments have helped Camilla though. Everyone is allowed to critize the dead. It is usually when one dies that you figure out the real person. Diana was not the brightest fish in the sea but what relevance does that have today. None. You can praise or trash Diana all you want but that has no relevance and wont get anyone any where. Its time to let Diana go for fans and nonfans. We dont need the comparisons whether good or bad. Let Camilla be her own women, Diana did not set standards as to what the Princess of Wales should be so she should not be judged or compared to Diana. Thats just my opinion.
  #171  
Old 02-11-2006, 02:22 PM
BeatrixFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,859
He didn't say it to boost Camilla's profile - he said it as an individual. I agree, it's time to let Diana go - if I had my way, she'd be rubbed out of the history books completely and never mentioned again. But it won't happen because whether we want it or not, there will always be people who a) compare them and b) refuse to see the truth.
__________________
Kaye aka BeatrixFan
  #172  
Old 02-11-2006, 02:23 PM
georgiea's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 1,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
It's nothing to do with manners. It's to do with saying what you actually think instead of saying what you think you should say.
If we didn't have manners the whole world would disagree
and be in chaos. Just like this forum subject is right now.



Quote:
Again, just because she's dead doesn't mean she's free from criticism. As I said before, Hitler's dead and we say mean things about him. Diana is no different in the respect that she's dead and she is as much open to criticism as anyone else.
Fine, but comparing Diana to Hitler who killed people just shows you are a loose cannon without manners that wants the last say in all of this.



Quote:
In the Charles and Camilla news thread yes. I still see this as an attempt to make his comments dissapear because for once they don't paint Diana in a good light. It's just an attempt to cover up an anti-Diana comment.
No it isn't an attempt to cover up anti-Diana comments. I am just tried of the subject matter and want to get back to the really news of the day-Charles fighting the press in a forum about Charles and Camilla.:) :) :) :)
__________________
Watch your actions, for they become your habits. Watch your habits because they become your character. Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.
  #173  
Old 02-11-2006, 02:50 PM
BeatrixFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,859
Quote:
If we didn't have manners the whole world would disagree
and be in chaos. Just like this forum subject is right now.
And it isn't? But thats beside the point. Just because my posts disagree with yours doesn't mean they are ill-mannered.

Quote:
Fine, but comparing Diana to Hitler who killed people just shows you are a loose cannon without manners that wants the last say in all of this.
Stop. Read. Reply Again. I did not compare her to Hitler in that respect and I made a point of making that clear. A loose cannon? I'm perfectly content to battle this out and I couldn't care less if I have the last say or not. But don't try and cover this up because it doesn't please you - which is what I believe you are trying to do. "Oh! It's pro-Camilla, quick let's change the subject".
__________________
Kaye aka BeatrixFan
  #174  
Old 02-11-2006, 04:01 PM
ysbel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 5,386
When people are repeating themselves over and over again, its time to move on.
  #175  
Old 02-11-2006, 04:03 PM
BeatrixFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,859
I'm repeating myself because people don't seem to be reading what I'm saying - they are reading 2 words and making a statement on it, which means I have to repeat what I 'said'.
__________________
Kaye aka BeatrixFan
  #176  
Old 02-11-2006, 04:06 PM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea
Did the reporter ask for a comparison?:)
Read the article yourself and see what you think.
I don't think he even compared them, for all we know the comments were one hour apart. He was asked about the two women and gave his opinion, the reporter then chose to put the remarks together.
He would still say he thought Camilla was fun, intelligent etc if anything happened to her, so why should he lie or say nothing, just because Diana is dead. Whether they are dead or alive does not alter what they were like.
  #177  
Old 02-11-2006, 04:11 PM
ysbel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 5,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
I'm repeating myself because people don't seem to be reading what I'm saying - they are reading 2 words and making a statement on it, which means I have to repeat what I 'said'.
Its still getting repetitious and boring. If you try two times and people don't get it, they never will.
  #178  
Old 02-11-2006, 04:11 PM
AgnesK's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Wroclaw, Poland
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
"Oh! It's pro-Camilla, quick let's change the subject".
It is not the case. The case is that there is something like good manners and saying that someone is stupid is not the most polite thing to say especially about dead person :) It has nothing to do with the Camilla or Diana or even Hitler Now - get back to the topic - The Times about Charles's case against Mail On Sunday:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...035025,00.html
  #179  
Old 02-11-2006, 04:18 PM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,894
I think we've beaten this particular dead horse to a rather bad-smelling pulp by now. As long we we're getting to the point where people are telling other people that they don't mean what they say they mean, which is a hair short of an accusation of lying, there's nothing to be gained by carrying on round this circle.

I think it's time to let this drop, agree to disagree about what everybody does and doesn't mean, and carry on the conversation in other directions.

Anybody who disagrees is welcome to contact me by private message.

Elspeth

British royals moderator
  #180  
Old 02-11-2006, 04:29 PM
HRH Kerry's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Posts: 1,626
Whoa!!! If Karl Lagerfield had said that I was stupid, no one would even care. But because it was Diana, it’s a big deal. Do I agree with what he said? Opinions do vary. Well, I'm on the other side of the Atlantic where Americans are still caught up in the fairytale. Her intelligence or lack there of, isn't something that's widely discussed here. Even though the interview was done by the New York magazine, it has never been an issue that has caused a big media frenzy.

Maybe Diana wasn't the brightest. She might not have even liked Karl Lagerfield! I remember Diana with a warm and fuzzy heart but that's just me. She's gone and just because there are some that don't hold her in good remembrance doesn't bother me one iota.

What does is that Camilla is still being compared to her. That's like comparing apples to oranges...they are different. Princess Camilla is here. Let's stop with the comparisons and move on.:)
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales, public opinion


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Prince of Wales and Camilla Parker-Bowles: 9 April 2005 Claire Royal Weddings 468 10-16-2012 10:51 PM
King Charles and Queen Camilla BeatrixFan The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall 1068 01-22-2007 12:10 PM
Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 4: August-September 2005 Elspeth Current Events Archive 194 09-12-2005 12:46 AM
Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles News 2: July-November 2003 Alexandria Current Events Archive 163 11-21-2003 03:52 PM
Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles News 1: October 2002-October 2003 Lorraine Current Events Archive 134 10-31-2003 09:31 AM




Popular Tags
albania ascot 2016 baptism beatrice (1986- ) best gown best gown september 2016 best outfit birthday coup d'etat crown princess mary crown princess mary evening dresses crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit eveningwear denmark duchess of cambridge duke of cambridge fashion poll fashion wedding dress fox news general news jewels king abdullah ii king abdullah in australia king carl gustaf and queen silvia king willem-alexander margrethe ii member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 official visit picture of the week prince charles princess mary princess mary casual style princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess sofia queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen margrethe queen mathilde queen mathilde daytime fashion queen mathilde fashion queen mathilde style queen maxima queen rania queen rania casual outfit queen rania evening dresses queen rania fashion queen rania in australia queen silvia september 2016 state visit succession sweden swedish royal family summer portraits 2016 the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats tiara wedding dresses


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:52 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises