The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 12:43 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Well, I can't speak for everyone but I find her to be rather snotty. Not at all future Queen material.
If that is indeed who she truly is, maybe he can see threw her. There is a saying that you don't have to love the one you're with. Or it could be that he is committed to the relationship but doesn't feel the need for marriage now and not with her.

Maybe Buckingham Palace will put out a poll...yea/nay on Kate Middleton being the future queen. LOL!!! Yeah, wish it was that simple.

But seriously Kate would have to win over the people and judging from your opinion, she might be in for a long and arduous trek.

Old 01-27-2006, 12:46 PM
Heir Apparent

im really like Camilla but im really not fans of her since death of Princess Diana

many people knew that Prince Charles been mistress with Camilla for more than 30 years.

When Prince Charles got divorces from Diana,Princess of Wales in 1996 and Camilla got divorces from Andrew in 1995 and her ex-husband told Camilla dont marry Prince Charles i dont know why because he and Camilla been mistress since 1970's

Diana told Charles dont see Camilla like everyday like on the phone or mail or whatever but Charles always been see Camilla often because both been friends and companion for 30 years and Diana really furious about that Camilla and he leave party somewhere and Diana saw Camilla talk and Diana dont like it but Diana really pissed off about it.

and they later in years Charles got married Camilla since April 2005 finally and his family really happy about it and happy together but he had 2 sons from Diana's and she had 2 children from Andrew's but like to each other but William and Harry know Tom for longtime since Tom got arrest for drug bust and Tom got learn his lesson to stop got drug bust like that and Tom got happily married to his beautiful wife Sara Buys.

before Diana's death she recalled Camilla in the taboilds all the times she is rotwieller and they later Diana got divorces from Charles. And Diana wanted give Camilla on her 50th birthday in the taboilds and give her nice birthday and remind in past years.

Old 01-27-2006, 01:02 PM
Gentry

So do you like or dislike Camilla, Sara ? Just curious
Old 01-27-2006, 01:04 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry
But seriously Kate would have to win over the people and judging from your opinion, she might be in for a long and arduous trek.
Basically everything we "know" about Kate Middleton is based on newspaper and magazine photographs. We'll just have to trust William's judgement on this one.
As Camilla has demonstrated in less than 12 months, once Kate gets out and about the public will warm to her, if and when the time comes.
Anyway, everyone loves a wedding. :)
Old 01-27-2006, 01:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladys
So do you like or dislike Camilla, Sara ? Just curious
i do dislike Camilla because im not huge fans of her!
Old 01-27-2006, 01:07 PM
Royal Highness

Can't we all just get along?! Camilla wasn't the cause of the break of Diana's marriage to Charles. Diana and Charles broke-up that marriage for whatever reasons, i.e., they weren't well suited to begin with, they couldn't move past the infidelities, one wasn't willing to give up a lover, (stuff we don't know about) etc.

If a husband cheats on his wife then the problem is with the husband and vice versa. A marriage can only be worked out by the two in it and only if both parties are willing. That's Marriage Counseling 101. Oh I see, the rules differed because they were the Prince and Princess of Wales!

Don't get me wrong, I was hating Camilla too but had to get past it.

Can't we all just get along?:)
Old 01-27-2006, 01:21 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry
Can't we all just get along?:)
That sounds very reasonably! :)

As for me I never hated Camilla but I was kind of indifferent to her. That changed completely with the wedding and now it´s a joy to me to see her doing well engagement after engagement.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:54 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladys
That sounds very reasonably! :)

As for me I never hated Camilla but I was kind of indifferent to her. That changed completely with the wedding and now it´s a joy to me to see her doing well engagement after engagement.
Gladys,
I feel the same way. In America we were pretty enamored with Diana. That was a different time and may she rest in peace. Today is Camilla and I think she is wonderful.:)
Old 01-27-2006, 03:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

I hated Camilla in the past because she was potrayed as the witch who brought down the princess. But as you grow and experience life more yourself you realize things arent that simple. She is happy and is doing a GREAT job as a royal and that won her respect from me and many others. She is doing a great job as a princess and I think she will make a wonderfull Queen. She has already shown very great and admirable traits for a royal.

Please, this is about Charles and Camilla and your opinions now. There is another thread for Kate Middleton and Prince William. Lets get back to Charles and Camilla.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25
I hated Camilla in the past because she was potrayed as the witch who brought down the princess. But as you grow and experience life more yourself you realize things arent that simple. She is happy and is doing a GREAT job as a royal and that won her respect from me and many others. She is doing a great job as a princess and I think she will make a wonderfull Queen. She has already shown very great and admirable traits for a royal.
Here you go then Princejohnny25.
I think Camilla is wonderful, I think Charles is wonderful. They are so happy together that only a sourpuss could not be caught up in their happiness. All their children are happy for them, they all get along and that is one of the most important things to take into consideration. :)
I look forward to the day when we have a King Charles and Queen Consort Camilla.
Old 01-28-2006, 02:31 AM
Gentry

camilla is quite good , but she shouldn't be queen camilla
Old 01-28-2006, 10:55 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25
I think this is an excellent point. Now that the Prince has married Camilla, and you see how well they work together, you realize what a tragic mistake Charles and Diana's marriage was. I think it produced two beautiful children, but that is about it. Sure, Camilla is not as glamourous as Diana was, but I think she makes a great Princess of Wales. I don't agree with the infidelity that occurred during Charles and Diana's marriage, but I do think Charles and Camilla are true soulmates. Personally, I have learned a lot from this episode. In the end you can't put too much stock on what other's say is good for you. I think you have to choose for yourself. If you meet your soulmate, don't let them go, because unlike Charles, you may not get a second chance.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:34 PM
Heir Apparent

I, for one, never hated Camilla, which is odd, because I happened to love Princess Diana very much. I just didn't think that someone like Prince Charles would be so deeply in love with someone as bad as she was often (well, always) depicted.
I must admit, though, I never thought Camilla would ever marry Prince Charles, mainly because I thought such marriage would be unacceptable for British people. But once they did marry and I could see how happy Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla are, I started admiring her more and more, until I became her fan. That’s pretty much the same reason everyone like her now.
I would be fond of any woman Prince Charles would choose to be his wife, because I love him very much. I always thought him to be a very caring person, who isn’t very keen expressing his feelings, especially in public.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 01-29-2006, 06:59 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Charles should be judged on the work he has done and is still doing, not one failed relationship. No one knows what William may or may not get up to in the future, that may turn people against him.:) How many indiscretions will he be allowed?
I agree with your on this statement. I think Charles should be judged on the work he has done and still doing for England and not on a failed marriage. :)
Old 01-29-2006, 08:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes Charles should be judged on his job as Prince of Wales and he has done an extraordinary job and is awesome at it. Diana was not judged on her marriages and relationships but on her works and so should Charles. People make mistakes and they move on having learned from them.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:31 AM
Nobility

yes i never could imagine before what it would be like, that they would actually ever marry! but i think people have seen the sort of person she is now, and she is also doing a great job and her and Charles and well suited to each other. i think a lot of people have wanted William to take over from Charles ever since his seperation from Diana, because I think that's what she seemed to want. in Australia, we have been hearing that support for the monarchy has been dropping every year, but now some reporters are saying that the younger generation are becomming more conservative than their parents. i was too young to vote in Australians republic vote, but I am more politically conservative than my parents who are left wing and support a republic. i am the opposite. :)
Old 02-05-2006, 01:35 PM
Aristocracy

Without going into the discussion of infidelities and who's to blame for what, etc. because the past is the past, I would like to mention that one thing that impressed me during that troublesome period was how Camilla handled the situation in public. She kept a dignified manner and never gave interviews, etc. (to my knowledge). She kept quiet and never said anything publicly that could further impact the monarchy negatively. Many people were involved in the break-up of the marriage (both marriages actually); however, she took all the criticism (at times quite cruel) she was dealt - she never fought back.

In terms of how Charles and Camilla are doing presently, I am pleased by how they have both evolved. Camilla has done a swell job being a supportive consort to her husband in carrying out his roles and responsibilities and she's establishing her own royal identity in a rather modest and quiet way. Charles appears more at ease and seems more confident.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:49 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

I think Charles and Camilla are doing fine. The are the epitome of a good marriage; they both bring out the best in each other. I hope William takes some time before he makes the plunge.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Charles's experiences show that the Countess of Airlie's comments about George VI when he was courting and being rejected by Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon apply equally well to his grandson: that he was someone who would be made or marred by his wife.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think Camilla has done very well and continues to establish her own rapport and sense of duty with the British people. She makes a fine consort and obviously she and Charles are very happy.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales, public opinion