The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 04:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
not always there is a reason. it can be a sensation, an attitude etc but the reason can be many or none.
That doesnt cut it, if you have no reason then it is imature to not like them. Be honest on why you dont like them. If you have no reason then that doesnt mean you dont like them but that your indifferent.

Old 01-21-2006, 04:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

I not talking about me. i have my opinion but is very personal.

Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 01-21-2006, 11:38 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
True but a lot of British Taxpayers are quite happy to support the Royal family, of which Charles and now Camilla are a part. I am much happier that part of my taxes go to support Charles and Camilla, than I am that they go to support MP's having more than one, two or even three houses.
The majority of their day to day expenses are covered by the money generated by astute management of the Duchy.
Didn't it work out that only 48 pence per year of each taxpayers money went to support Charles, Camilla, William and Harry?

I thought it was 61 pence per year for the Queen and her household and only 4 pence for Charles and his household because most of his income comes directly from the Duchy.

Either way - 4 pence or 48 pence (+61 pence for the Queen) per person per year isn't very much to pay for a Head of State and their family.

At most we are talking about 1 pound and 9 pence (or less than $AUS3) per person per year. How much does our GG cost us I wonder??? How much does the US president cost the US people???
Old 01-22-2006, 06:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy57
I thought it was 61 pence per year for the Queen and her household and only 4 pence for Charles and his household because most of his income comes directly from the Duchy.

Either way - 4 pence or 48 pence (+61 pence for the Queen) per person per year isn't very much to pay for a Head of State and their family.
I just went on to alter my previous post as I was unsure whether it is per week, month, year.
I do remember the 61 pence was the total for the entire Royal Family (including Charles & his family).
I have no problem with my taxes contributing to their upkeep, considering what they have to endure to earn it.:)
Old 01-22-2006, 06:49 PM

Camilla & Charles

I love them! They make a wonderful couple. Besides, I am absolutely positive she complements him and viceversa, just what Charles needed now
and, later when King. She is already her Queen. The rest doesnt matter.
I hope she will be liked by the English people as she deserves it.
Fita
Old 01-22-2006, 09:07 PM
Courtier

It will be sad but understandable that Prince Charles will be not the head of Australia, New Zealand and even Canada. Time has changed many things. Australia, New Zealand are no more colonials of Great Britain and people in the countries have developed their own national identities. Prince Charles is still a foreigner to them after all and they don't want a foreigner to be their head of nations. Like Governor General, he will be an Australian not a Bristish.

My only hope is that Charles will be the King of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, and the leader of Commonwealth Rythem. Being a republican is an unavoidable step for Australians to govern themselvies despite the historical ties, like USA. History is such an incident. George III lost America and George VII? will lose Australia and New Zealand, won't he?
Old 01-23-2006, 05:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fita
I love them! They make a wonderful couple. Besides, I am absolutely positive she complements him and viceversa, just what Charles needed now
and, later when King. She is already her Queen. The rest doesnt matter.
I hope she will be liked by the English people as she deserves it.
Fita
Hi fita. I also think they are a wonderful couple and you are so right when you say they compliment one another, it really is like seeing a new Prince Charles.:) I'm just glad that other people are realising that as well.:)
Old 01-25-2006, 11:59 PM
Aristocracy

As a Canadian, while I have much respect for the Queen, the royal family is still a distant entity and it will take a special successor to generate special interest in the role of the crown in Canada on a more mainstream level for average Canadians. The Governor General, the Queen's representative, is more important to me as she actually is Canadian and resides and represents our country, even if that role itself is somewhat contested as well. But I'll stop ranting about this - I'm a Political Science student here at Queen's University in Canada (ironic!) and I could talk about this for ages.

However, the push for a republic in Canada is almost non-existent in the mainstream, unlike Australia, so we here in Canada will most likely be seeing Charles as King of Canada should he succeed the Queen. I, for one, still can't respect Charles for his past discretions - after all, if he is to be the King of the country I live in and will be entitled to special privileges, then I expect his behaviour to be worthy as such. I'm not a fan of Camilla either and I feel that having Queen Consort Camilla, or whatever title she will adopt, by Charles's side if he is king, really isn't such a popular move in Canada either. I certainly do believe Canadians will be more receptive to William on the throne after the Queen than Charles.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by politikgirl
I, for one, still can't respect Charles for his past discretions - after all, if he is to be the King of the country I live in and will be entitled to special privileges, then I expect his behaviour to be worthy as such. I'm not a fan of Camilla either and I feel that having Queen Consort Camilla, or whatever title she will adopt, by Charles's side if he is king, really isn't such a popular move in Canada either. I certainly do believe Canadians will be more receptive to William on the throne after the Queen than Charles.

Charles should be judged on the work he has done and is still doing, not one failed relationship. No one knows what William may or may not get up to in the future, that may turn people against him.:) How many indiscretions will he be allowed?
Old 01-26-2006, 07:50 AM

Well William came from the Immaculate Womb didn't he so that makes him perfect. Isn't it funny how nobody can forget Charles's 'past discretions' but they're quite willing to wipe any wrongs committed by his ex-wife? What is past is past - Charles has been waiting his whole life for this. He has been in training for it. He was born to be King and that's what he'll be.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by politikgirl
As a Canadian, while I have much respect for the Queen, the royal family is still a distant entity and it will take a special successor to generate special interest in the role of the crown in Canada on a more mainstream level for average Canadians. The Governor General, the Queen's representative, is more important to me as she actually is Canadian and resides and represents our country, even if that role itself is somewhat contested as well. But I'll stop ranting about this - I'm a Political Science student here at Queen's University in Canada (ironic!) and I could talk about this for ages.

However, the push for a republic in Canada is almost non-existent in the mainstream, unlike Australia, so we here in Canada will most likely be seeing Charles as King of Canada should he succeed the Queen. I, for one, still can't respect Charles for his past discretions - after all, if he is to be the King of the country I live in and will be entitled to special privileges, then I expect his behaviour to be worthy as such. I'm not a fan of Camilla either and I feel that having Queen Consort Camilla, or whatever title she will adopt, by Charles's side if he is king, really isn't such a popular move in Canada either. I certainly do believe Canadians will be more receptive to William on the throne after the Queen than Charles.
is true? some year in the past i have to do a work about canada for the school, and the result was that canada respect very much to the queen but we not fins answer about charles, of course this was before charles and camilla married.
i agree with you about william, but the law is the law.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 01-26-2006, 11:44 AM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
I admire Prince Charles for trying to live his life right, now. Can we help who we fall in love with? As far as I know Camilla has been the love of his life. I haven't heard of any other past discretions with anyone else but Camilla during his first marriage. I could be wrong though since I live in America and don't have first hand knowledge. But my point is that she has always been the one for him and they finally have the chance to make it right. They are in love and married. I'm sure that this isn't the first time in history that a husband has cheated on his wife with his so called "true love" and later end up marrying her. The only difference is that this happens to be the heir to the British throne. None of us are without sin.

I don't think anyone should throw stones living in a glass house. I got over it.:)
Old 01-27-2006, 07:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry
I'm sure that this isn't the first time in history that a husband has cheated on his wife with his so called "true love" and later end up marrying her. The only difference is that this happens to be the heir to the British throne. None of us are without sin.

I don't think anyone should throw stones living in a glass house. I got over it.:)
Very well said Kerry, I too don't believe that we should punish anyone for a past indiscretion.

If Charles is still alive when the Queen passes and does not, for any reason, become King, then that is the end of the monarchy in the eyes of many in the UK and the commonwealth. I wonder if all the supporters of William will feel the same if he has a disasterous 1st marriage and remarries?
Old 01-27-2006, 07:58 AM
Heir Apparent

my opinion about camilla changed greatly just the day of her wedding. i think that was the day that lots of people started to know her by who she is and not by what the press said or invented about her. that day she was shining and showing how happy she makes charles. short after the wedding, she got involved in all the activities of charles perfectly and had a quite busy schedule. i can't tell how happy it makes me to see she is happy and that they make a wonderful couple. she starte learning how to be a true princess and delighted us all with elegance, perfection and wonderful skills since the very first engagements, and she gained those in a really short time. i think we can't complaint about her. she is making a wonderful job in my opinion.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 01-27-2006, 09:58 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Very well said Kerry, I too don't believe that we should punish anyone for a past indiscretion.

If Charles is still alive when the Queen passes and does not, for any reason, become King, then that is the end of the monarchy in the eyes of many in the UK and the commonwealth. I wonder if all the supporters of William will feel the same if he has a disasterous 1st marriage and remarries?

I do think that William will be a little more meticulous in the selection of his bride especially knowing the stormy marriage of his parents. He might want to know her mind, likes, dislikes, etc. I believe that once he marries, whomever she might be, will be the one. On the other side, I think William will receive the support of the people if he a) acts the gentleman and b) have a good rapport with his people and they will indeed see that he is human and has the same plights of everyday man. JMO
Old 01-27-2006, 10:06 AM

It doesn't seem William is being at all meticulous in the selection of his bride. He's pretty much hooked on Kate Middleton by the sounds of it. Usually with a possible bride, I feel some sort of "oh yes, she's nice" feeling, but with Kate I don't get that. He seems to have already walked down the aisle with the girl instead of playing the field and seeing what else is on offer. I think with most people, the 1st marriage is a trial. Just to see if you're suited to it. Then the 2nd is the one that counts. At least thats the way it's beginning to develop over here.
Old 01-27-2006, 10:29 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
I think with most people, the 1st marriage is a trial. Just to see if you're suited to it. Then the 2nd is the one that counts. At least thats the way it's beginning to develop over here.
Well, maybe, but I think most people would prefer a Royal marriage to be a one and only. As to Kate Middleton, neither party appears to be rushing things.
Old 01-27-2006, 11:23 AM
Royal Highness

How is Kate Middleton perceived/received by the people of Britain?
Old 01-27-2006, 11:25 AM

Well, I can't speak for everyone but I find her to be rather snotty. Not at all future Queen material.
Old 01-27-2006, 11:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
I think with most people, the 1st marriage is a trial. Just to see if you're suited to it. Then the 2nd is the one that counts. At least thats the way it's beginning to develop over here.
Any marriage is a trial - just joking.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales, public opinion