The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 05:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by florawindsor
in many books, there is a story about how Diana found a button with C&C , which Camilla gave Charles to remind him of their love the day after the wedding,and how she cried on britannica the yacht. i read it so many times so i took it as true...but now i'm not sure. i wonder which information /book/newspaper can be trusted?
Hi Florawindsor, It was a pair of monogrammed cufflinks that Charles had (we don't know if they had been given before the wedding or months/years before) but, I just think it shows that Diana was unstable. People get comfortable with their jewellry, especially men (if they wear it). Would anyone think to search their new husbands bedside drawer or their jewel case, would any normal husband/wife insist that everything to do with previous relationships be thrown away?

I certainly hope not, otherwise I would have to throw out some of my most treasured stuff!

Only people who knew them all can ever have more than a glimmer of what went on and even those that knew them can't really know all the truth. All you can do is listen to both sides and realise that sometimes silence speaks volumes. :)

Old 06-12-2006, 07:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
Don't say that, who knows... As recently as a few months ago Britain's oldest Mom gave birth at the age of 64, so Charles and Camilla still have 6-7 years
Oh Avalon, you are so bad.

But then so many give you so much scope. How can you help yourself.

ps: Keep it up. Laughter really is the best medicine. :p

Old 06-12-2006, 08:43 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by florawindsor
ysbel said, there was no evidence Camilla&Charles had an affair since their marriage. but in many books, there is a story about how Diana found a button with C&C , which Camilla gave Charles to remind him of their love the day after the wedding,and how she cried on britannica the yacht. i read it so many times so i took it as true...but now i'm not sure. i wonder which information /book/newspaper can be trusted?
Hi flora I think you must have missed my posts describing how Charles had a tendency to keep friendships with old girlfriends throughout the seventies. Charles' closest friend before the marriage was Lady Kanga. We have no way of knowing how many other contacts, presents, Charles had from his old girlfriends during the beginning of his marriage because the stories about him and Camilla came out many many years later when it was clear that they were seeing each other. With Charles and Camilla together, it would have hardly been newsworthy if he had worn something from Kanga.

To answer your question about which sources are more reliable, I take anything released after the marriage was in trouble (1988-onward) with a hefty grain of salt.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 06-12-2006, 11:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG
Oh Avalon, you are so bad.

But then so many give you so much scope. How can you help yourself.

ps: Keep it up. Laughter really is the best medicine. :p
Dear me, am I that bad? :p . Just don't give up my hope :p
Had they married a few years earlier, I would simply love to see their kid/s!
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 06-12-2006, 11:22 AM
Nobility

thanks you guys for your replys

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_cc

I am a Chinese as well. I know how hard it is to find some reliable information about the royalty. Just not reliable on all reports because they often have biases and they quote from taboilds which often have false news.
thanks love_cc . so nice to see a fellow countryman here:)

Life is mostly froth and bubbles Two things stand like stone
Kindness in others' trouble Courage in your own
Old 06-12-2006, 05:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Dear me, am I that bad? :p . Just don't give up my hope :p
Had they married a few years earlier, I would simply love to see their kid/s!
So would I!

Give up on you, certainly not, you are like a breath of fresh air!
Old 06-12-2006, 05:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
So would I!

Give up on you, certainly not, you are like a breath of fresh air!
You are flattering me! :o Glad I was ever able to make you (or anyone else) laugh. That will make my day! :p
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 06-12-2006, 08:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
You are flattering me! :o Glad I was ever able to make you (or anyone else) laugh. That will make my day! :p
Avalon, you and Skydragon make my day. :p :p
Old 06-13-2006, 04:56 AM
Administrator

Should we all hug now?
Old 06-13-2006, 05:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Should we all hug now?
Warren, with your wicked sense of humour and quick turn of wit, I think you should join in the huggy session!
Old 06-13-2006, 07:32 AM
Administrator

Have we exhausted all opinions on "Charles and Camilla Now" already? :)
Old 06-13-2006, 07:40 AM
Courtier

Quote:
We can only hope j/k
Old 06-13-2006, 08:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Should we all hug now?
I'm sorry Warren. :o Of course you are awful too and make us laugh, and yes you can participate in a figurative forum huggie session. I'll leave the details to you.

As for exhausting all options on "Charles and Camilla Now".......not a chance! :p

Every week brings more insight to the amazing couple that will eventually rule Great Britain and the Commonwealth. :p :)

In the immortal words of George Dubblya ..... "Bring it on" (that man does have a way with words.....but that's a whole other Forum!).
Old 06-13-2006, 08:18 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
I think we've exhausted this thread so I'm closing it and starting part two with a new focus.

"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales, public opinion