The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 09:08 AM
Serene Highness

Being uninformed about Camilla's life before a certain point has notting to do with loving her to bits or not. To be honest, it's quite a statement you make there. So anyone who can have love or at least respect for Camilla is uninformed? No, I don't think so. People just tend to see things differently and they've been doing that for ages, the well-informed as well as the uninformed, so I guess we just have to accept that from each other. :)

Old 05-06-2006, 09:28 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie
Being uninformed about Camilla's life before a certain point has notting to do with loving her to bits or not. To be honest, it's quite a statement you make there. So anyone who can have love or at least respect for Camilla is uninformed? No, I don't think so. People just tend to see things differently and they've been doing that for ages, the well-informed as well as the uninformed, so I guess we just have to accept that from each other. :)
I second that emotion. :) :)

Old 05-06-2006, 09:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate Julie
:)
But anything I've read and know as actual fact, prior to 1990, keeps getting in the way of loving her to bits.!!
The only things you know are the facts given to you by the authors you choose to read. These facts are nearly always biased toward the owsrn (at least in this thread) and therefore cannot be counted as actual facts.

The only people who know the facts before the 90's and now, are Charles and Camilla.
Old 05-06-2006, 02:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Ah, no I don't..:) but I think if one reads enough, from several and assorted comments, made about someone, you get a "feel" what the person might be like..If I had never read anything about her and her life, prior to 1990, and only absorbed most of what I've read since Bollard's campaign towards her acceptance, I'm sure I would be like some and "loved her to bits". But anything I've read and know as actual fact, prior to 1990, keeps getting in the way of loving her to bits. As I stated before, I am a great admirer of The QUeen, as well as The Princess Royal, Katharine, Duchess of Kent and the feisty Princess Michael!!
I fully understand that you can't really love anyone, especially "to the bits" unless you know him/her personally. I was just quoting what Prince Harry, who surely knows her, said (though I must say I agree with him).
As for what kind of person she is, we can't say that, can we? My impression is that she is a very good person, someone else may have different opinion.
I love her first of all for making Prince Charles happy. Frankly speaking it's a good enough reason for me, though for someone else the reason may seem pretty silly or childish, but that's what I think and what I feel.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 05-07-2006, 02:17 PM

Who cares about their lives before the 90s? Let's be honest here, we get approx 75 years here. If we're happy today, why dwell on yesterday? Life is too short.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:36 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:

Ah, no I don't..:) but I think if one reads enough, from several and assorted comments, made about someone, you get a "feel" what the person might be like..If I had never read anything about her and her life, prior to 1990, and only absorbed most of what I've read since Bollard's campaign towards her acceptance, I'm sure I would be like some and "loved her to bits". But anything I've read and know as actual fact, prior to 1990, keeps getting in the way of loving her to bits. As I stated before, I am a great admirer of The QUeen, as well as The Princess Royal, Katharine, Duchess of Kent and the feisty Princess Michael!!
I agree with you about being able to tell something about a person's character after they've been in public for awhile but I'm a bit surprised you admire the Princess Royal while not Camilla.

I've always thought the two women were very similar. Both country women, a bit gruff, and very definitely no-nonsense. They even had the same taste in men; both dated Andrew Parker-Bowles for a time. Princess Anne dated him for awhile before Camilla dated and married him.

I too have been an admirer of the Princess Royal from what I've seen of her and some of the same traits that I see in Camilla, I admire also.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 05-08-2006, 07:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
I agree with you about being able to tell something about a person's character after they've been in public for awhile but I'm a bit surprised you admire the Princess Royal while not Camilla.
Camilla has only been in public for a very short time and the public person is not always the same as the real person. The public person is how they are portrayed by the media and as we all know they can 'work' that to sell more stories. That is also what some people do to sell their books!

We all have our own idea on how posters on here might look or sound but, I am quite certain the reality will be far from the truth. I find it a little difficult to understand how anyone can make absolute judgements on someone's character, who has only been in the public eye a very short time and who has never spoken out, or 'allowed' her friends to do so.

IMO, from Camilla's public appearances, we can see she is a warm and caring person, able and willing to show real interest in a great many subjects. She seems to get on well with everyone she meets and has, from recent photo's and 'body language' been totally accepted into Charles' family. She also seems to have very loyal and genuine friends and you only get those by being a loyal and genuine person yourself.

However, even I have to accept that there will always be some unwilling to give her a chance or a pat on the back, based on lies written in some books and the press.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:56 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie
I merely gave MY view and am not asking anyone else to share my view.I am not speaking of people who are uninformed nor the ones who are informed. Just what I think, only...:)
Old 05-08-2006, 08:05 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Camilla has only been in public for a very short time and the public person is not always the same as the real person. The public person is how they are portrayed by the media and as we all know they can 'work' that to sell more stories. That is also what some people do to sell their books!

We all have our own idea on how posters on here might look or sound but, I am quite certain the reality will be far from the truth. I find it a little difficult to understand how anyone can make absolute judgements on someone's character, who has only been in the public eye a very short time and who has never spoken out, or 'allowed' her friends to do so.

IMO, from Camilla's public appearances, we can see she is a warm and caring person, able and willing to show real interest in a great many subjects. She seems to get on well with everyone she meets and has, from recent photo's and 'body language' been totally accepted into Charles' family. She also seems to have very loyal and genuine friends and you only get those by being a loyal and genuine person yourself.

However, even I have to accept that there will always be some unwilling to give her a chance or a pat on the back, based on lies written in some books and the press.
I agree , when people write books, they want them to sell. However I cannot believe EVERY author would distort facts to do that. I believe that some authors truly try and give the truth as much as possible. Again, how I feel is my view only and I am not ever wanting to push push my thoughts.. I believe a lot of people have moved on and that is good, if it works for you.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:18 AM
Nobility

Even though Camilla's been potrait as a nasty person beofre she and Prince Charles got together i think she must be a nice person for Prince harry to praise her at an interview here on uk channels saying that him and Prince william 'lover her to bits'. They clearly love their step mother to bits and they can see that shes making theyr beloved dad a very happy man, why sholud some people still hold a grudge against her if his sons have forgiven whatever happened in the past?!
Old 05-08-2006, 03:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nad25
Even though Camilla's been potrait as a nasty person beofre she and Prince Charles got together i think she must be a nice person for Prince harry to praise her at an interview here on uk channels saying that him and Prince william 'lover her to bits'. They clearly love their step mother to bits and they can see that shes making theyr beloved dad a very happy man, why sholud some people still hold a grudge against her if his sons have forgiven whatever happened in the past?!
You have summed it up in your first sentence, she has been portrayed as being nasty since she first began receiving a little publicity around 1996. Right up until the wedding, very little was written about her and virtually nothing by people who said they knew her.

It's quite strange if you think that Harry & William (who if all that has been written about Camilla was true, should hold a grudge), love her to bits!
Old 05-08-2006, 06:33 PM
Nobility

Well with the Princes they know camilla personally more than any of us , she must be a nice person, if i was in their place i wouldnt go publicly announcing to the world that my step-mum is a wonderful person unless she really is, and plus they look at their dad Prince Charles hes a picture of happiness iv never seen him so happy in years, she looks like a down to earth woman (even though i dont know her personally of course!)
Old 05-08-2006, 06:41 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon

Do you know her? If not, why do you assume anything written in some books and the press are lies??
Old 05-08-2006, 07:13 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Do you know her? If not, why do you assume anything written in some books and the press are lies??
Because they are written by people who didn't know her and as far as I know didn't have acces to her circle.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:33 PM
Serene Highness

As a matter of fact there's one big problem with books. They all are interpretations or reality which can conclude some real facts, but a lot of what is reflected in them is just infected by the opinion of the writer. As a writer you choose to view something from a certain point of view and in a certain light, that has nothing to do with changing facts (and what are facts? How do writers know? How do we know?). So it's possible that two writers write two totally different books on the same subject. So what you believe when you read a book has to do with the question whether you agree with the writers point of view or not.

So, what's true or not is something we'll never know, we can only interpretate it, just as some writers have done for us... :)
Old 05-08-2006, 08:06 PM

Maxie picks up on something very important. Books always contain bias. Gyles Brandreth's book is obseqious, others are cruel. So we make our decision on what we see. Personally, their private life is nothing to do with me - all I want is to see is me getting value for money from my Royal Family. Camilla is a superb member of the RF and when she's on an engagement she's a natural. So, Camilla is a star IMO because she does what is required of her. The fact that she makes Charles happy and William and Harry love her is just a delightful bonus.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:43 PM
Courtier

I just regard Charles and Camilla's love as a part of their unknown destiny. They are made for each other and they shall be not prevented to get married now and in the past. But it was just an ideal idea that Charles can marry Camilla at the first place, but this time Charles made it possible even it still has a great controversy.

I think it is good for a fututure because Charles and Camilla's love has just proved how old absurd royal martial protocols are. Only a deep affection can help a couple to stay together whatever the difficulty is. People should live in reality and give royals more freedom to marry those who they really loves rather than an arranged marriage for convenience.

I think Camilla is a nice and warm person that could make Charles happy and has very loyal friends for so many years. It is her problem to treat Charles in such a precious way that makes them hard to live without each. Charles relies on Camilla and Camilla is happy to provide the help that she has. It was a bad luck for anyone except Camilla. Charles and Camilla just has an unbroken bond that combines deep frienships and affection.
Old 05-09-2006, 06:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I think Nad25, AgnesK & Maxie answered you beautifully but, I say again..."she also seems to have very loyal and genuine friends and you only get those by being a loyal and genuine person yourself". :)
Old 05-09-2006, 06:43 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Well with the Princes they know camilla personally more than any of us , she must be a nice person, if i was in their place i wouldnt go publicly announcing to the world that my step-mum is a wonderful person unless she really is, and plus they look at their dad Prince Charles hes a picture of happiness iv never seen him so happy in years, she looks like a down to earth woman (even though i dont know her personally of course!)
Who is to say William & Harry are nice...only j/k Goodness, that one could go on forever if someone took that stance.lol.

I dont know Camilla, I dont have anything personal against her, I do know indaviduals (personally) who are in regular contact with the Duchess due to their most respective job's, who have shared their personal thoughts with me.

They, as indaviduals find her, well...not as wonderful as some in this thread, who are determined to give her a sparkling wrap. But each to their own!

Have thier views influenced mine? certainly not...I make up my own mind :) but admit I find it quite interesting to hear their thoughts concerning one of the worlds controversial figures, especially as they are, as I said, in regular contact.

"MII"
Old 05-09-2006, 08:58 AM
Nobility

Lol Im sure every person have their good points and bad ones because no one is perfect, and that certainly goes to Camilla!:)

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales, public opinion