The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 05:09 PM
Courtier

Kelly, nobody of us will ever know, why C+C did not marry then. But they are very much in love until now. What should they do? You can`t separate with those feelings. There was only one way: marriage. IMO a king with a mistress is much worther as a marriage which isnīt respect by all people. And people see the great love and slowly warm to them. Love conquers all. Surely. the past was a bad time for all parts, but times are changing...:)

Old 04-04-2006, 05:18 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornsen
Kelly, nobody of us will ever know, why C+C did not marry then. But they are very much in love until now. What should they do? You can`t separate with those feelings. There was only one way: marriage. IMO a king with a mistress is much worther as a marriage which isnīt respect by all people. And people see the great love and slowly warm to them. Love conquers all. Surely. the past was a bad time for all parts, but times are changing...:)

I think you are right.

The people have watched Charles grow up and they wanted him to be happy in his marriage. We often forget that as a young man - pre-Diana - Charles was as popular as William is now (possibly more so as the negative image of the RF hadn't been developed yet).

As much as they loved Diana most people are mature enough to realise that Charles is the next king and that a happy king is a better proposition than an unhappy king with a mistress who can't be with him at official functions etc.

Old 04-04-2006, 05:28 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy57
I think you are right.

As much as they loved Diana most people are mature enough to realise that Charles is the next king and that a happy king is a better proposition than an unhappy king with a mistress who can't be with him at official functions etc.
I must agree with you in that.
Old 04-04-2006, 05:32 PM
Courtier

I think in Charles and Camilla were in a cross street during Winter 1972. Charles needed to serve in Navy and Camilla wanted to get married. Camilla probably did love Charles but Charles was not a practical bet for marriage. He was too young to think about his marriage before finishing service. It was not in his agenda and he did not feel the pressure to marry at that time. Moreoever, even Charles loved Camilla deeply but no one in his family wanted to him to marry Camilla.Think about Lord Mountbatten, Queen Mother, Queen, Prince Philip. Lord Mountbatten wanted to Charles to marry his own granddaghter and thus he told Charles "the perfect standard for his royal bride." Charles cannot marry without Queen's permission,but Queen's permission from her Mother, Lord Mountbatten and Philip's idea.

On the other hand, it was Camilla who made the final decision to marry APB. I think her younger sister Annable had already decided to get married in Jan 1973 and so did her peers. That's why Camilla was in such a hurry. She was still very much in love with APB even he was a womaniser. Camilla was more in love with Andrew than she was than Charles at that time. After all,she had been with APB for 6 years but she had been with Charles for only 1 year or so. I think Camilla wanted Charles but she knew it was impossible so she chose to marry APB. Ironically, this decision has been regarded as a good decision at that time and everyone welcomed the Andrew-Camilla marriage.

It was just a pity for me. I think both Charles and Camilla wanted to forget their love and remained as great friends for the sake for reality.But the love never dies but deepened during the years because of their unique friendships. Neither of them can foresee the situation or they probably changed their decision in early 1970s. Charles was too inexperienced to value his love for Camilla and Camilla was not interested in making bet for her own life. That's what tragedy lied. Camilla was more in love with Charles when she found out Andrew's phailanding after their marriage I think. After all, Charles loved her all along no matter what.
Old 04-04-2006, 05:35 PM
Courtier

other opinion from James Whitaker: his new article from the Mirror:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstor...name_page.html
Old 04-05-2006, 05:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_cc
I think Camilla wanted Charles but she knew it was impossible so she chose to marry APB.
I have often wondered if Camilla agreed to an engagement to Andrew, to try to encourage Charles to propose but then events and arragements got too advanced to stop it.

I still think that Charles, (like most men who have women throwing themselves at them), wanted to 'play' around some more, before settling down.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:06 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
I have often wondered if Camilla agreed to an engagement to Andrew, to try to encourage Charles to propose but then events and arragements got too advanced to stop it.

I still think that Charles, (like most men who have women throwing themselves at them), wanted to 'play' around some more, before settling down.
I think Camilla has been in love with two men only: Andrew Parker Bowles and Prince Charles. When she was young, she was more attracted to Andrew because of his charms and she married him because of she was in love with him and she wanted a family with kids,dogs and country life. But later when Andrew's affairs became unbearable for her, Camilla finally learned of whatever love means. It was Charles who taught her about that: endurance, tolerance,sacrifice. Camilla must be very grateful to Charles because he loves her all along and that's why Charles is the love of Camilla's life. Charles and Camilla are very faithful to each other.
Old 04-06-2006, 04:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
other opinion from James Whitaker: his new article from the Mirror:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstor...name_page.html
A quote from that article which made me laugh heartily:

Now, we hear the prince refer to Camilla as "My darling wife". We watch him looking anxiously into her eyes. I recognised awe when the prince whispered "You do it so beautifully, darling" as Camilla planted a few herbs.

Strewth! Couldn't he have tried this with his first wife?

End of quote

I guess Mr. Whitaker would have found it easy to say such words to Princess Diana but couldn't. Charles could but he didn't. Now that explains all about the article.
Old 04-06-2006, 05:41 AM
Courtier

More want King Charles - but not Queen Camilla!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...119412,00.html

"MII"
Old 04-06-2006, 05:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
A quote from that article which made me laugh heartily:
"We watch him looking anxiously into her eyes. I recognised awe when the prince whispered "You do it so beautifully, darling" as Camilla planted a few herbs".

I guess Mr. Whitaker would have found it easy to say such words to Princess Diana but couldn't. Charles could but he didn't. Now that explains all about the article.
I think Charles was just having a private joke when he said that to Camilla and it goes to prove that Whitaker has learned nothing about Charles.
Old 04-08-2006, 05:32 PM
Nobility

Some of you would have to excuse me if I don't start bowing down to Camilla, because she slept her way to the crown

When you live your life in the public eye, give candid interview about who you happen to be sleeping with and who you love as Charles did in 1994, and Diana did with the many tell-all books about her miserable life with Charles, its hard for the public to give you the needed attention and respect you deserve in so for as your public work goes. Charles had done a good job as Prince of Wales with his charity and committment to diversity and enviromental issue, but his private life is one of failure and scandal. So, no matter how much Clarence House Press media try to do their usual spin to make Camilla lovable, its a hard task few in Great Britian and definitly in the Common Wealth (such as Canada and Australia) buy into.

The latest statistics by Times 63% (usually pro C&C) and Daily Express shows up to 82% of British public does not want Camilla as their future Queen. Its even more objectionable in Australia and Canada, which more likely than not will become a republic when Queeen Elizabeth dies (let's pray she'll live 20 more yrs). You can blame the media on this hostile attitude, but its not the media or the public that attempted to sabotage the Monarchy and made them a national and international joke....that honor belongs to Charles and Camilla. Well of course, if Diana would suck it up like previous Princess of Wales and shut up about her husband sleeping with a married woman (since he didn't have the gal to stand up to his mom and refuse to marry anyone other than his True love 30 yrs ago) and relegate herself to bearing legitimate offspring, maybe we wouldn't know the hypocracy shadowing the Windsor household.

Let's see how good of a job Camilla does since she's finally by Charles side officially that is. I might change my mind about her, if she starts working hard as a representative of UK and Common Wealth with charity and public duty....maybe then her legacy to fame as Prince Charles mistress for 30 yrs might be a thing of the past:)
Old 04-08-2006, 06:06 PM
Courtier

I would like to believe the test of time for everything, just like proving Charles and Camilla very much in love with each other until today. I think Camilla is a big asset to Charles and Royal family for those who really cares the future of Britishi Royal family and Prince Charles. Camilla is the supportive wife that Charles always wants. It is Camilla who shall be able to make Charles a great King like his grandfather George VI.

Camilla is acually a very typical of senior royal person. She is low-key, no ambition but to support Charles, a loving mother and a county-hearted person. Camilla has a sense of humor and optistism which is always good for her husband. She is warm to people and she is still very grateful for those who choose to warm her. I just want to look forward to her being Charles' side as his consort. I want her to be treated fairly but once they are happy that's enough for me.
Old 04-08-2006, 06:23 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamyah
Some of you would have to excuse me if I don't start bowing down to Camilla, because she slept her way to the crown

When you live your life in the public eye, give candid interview about who you happen to be sleeping with and who you love as Charles did in 1994, and Diana did with the many tell-all books about her miserable life with Charles, its hard for the public to give you the needed attention and respect you deserve in so for as your public work goes. Charles had done a good job as Prince of Wales with his charity and committment to diversity and enviromental issue, but his private life is one of failure and scandal. So, no matter how much Clarence House Press media try to do their usual spin to make Camilla lovable, its a hard task few in Great Britian and definitly in the Common Wealth (such as Canada and Australia) buy into.

The latest statistics by Times 63% (usually pro C&C) and Daily Express shows up to 82% of British public does not want Camilla as their future Queen. Its even more objectionable in Australia and Canada, which more likely than not will become a republic when Queeen Elizabeth dies (let's pray she'll live 20 more yrs). You can blame the media on this hostile attitude, but its not the media or the public that attempted to sabotage the Monarchy and made them a national and international joke....that honor belongs to Charles and Camilla. Well of course, if Diana would suck it up like previous Princess of Wales and shut up about her husband sleeping with a married woman (since he didn't have the gal to stand up to his mom and refuse to marry anyone other than his True love 30 yrs ago) and relegate herself to bearing legitimate offspring, maybe we wouldn't know the hypocracy shadowing the Windsor household.

Let's see how good of a job Camilla does since she's finally by Charles side officially that is. I might change my mind about her, if she starts working hard as a representative of UK and Common Wealth with charity and public duty....maybe then her legacy to fame as Prince Charles mistress for 30 yrs might be a thing of the past:)
Very well said, IMO.

I think Camilla is doing her best, she is working hard to change the opinions about her, but she is a woman who doesn't inspire any good feeling. She has no charisma and no talent to deal with People, IMO. This thread is about "Camilla & Charles: what is your opinion now?", my answer is simple - my opinion of this couple is the same I had an year ago: they are much in love for each other and they will be together forever (good for them), but they don't have any chance to become beloved for people.
Old 04-08-2006, 06:37 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
I would like to believe the test of time for everything, just like proving Charles and Camilla very much in love with each other until today. I think Camilla is a big asset to Charles and Royal family for those who really cares the future of Britishi Royal family and Prince Charles. Camilla is the supportive wife that Charles always wants. It is Camilla who shall be able to make Charles a great King like his grandfather George VI.

Camilla is acually a very typical of senior royal person. She is low-key, no ambition but to support Charles, a loving mother and a county-hearted person. Camilla has a sense of humor and optistism which is always good for her husband. She is warm to people and she is still very grateful for those who choose to warm her. I just want to look forward to her being Charles' side as his consort. I want her to be treated fairly but once they are happy that's enough for me.
I think that's true. Charles and Camilla support each other and make a good team. I think her optimism is actually a good injection into the Royal Family. Overall the BRF doesn't seem like a sunny happy family although they seem more at ease lately.

The couple doesn't need a lot of charisma - but they do need to look comfortable with each other and look like they're enjoying the job and Camilla looks like she's enjoying getting out and connecting with people.

I prefer royals a little more low-key anyway so maybe I'm biased.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 04-08-2006, 08:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Its even more objectionable in Australia and Canada, which more likely than not will become a republic when Queeen Elizabeth dies (let's pray she'll live 20 more yrs).
You've hit the nail on the head here Lamyah :)

"MII"
Old 04-08-2006, 09:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think the Republican movement in Australia was always going to get a lot more support when the reign of her Majesty concludes, regardless of who Charles is married to at the time. Even though Diana had a lot of fans here, I don't think the fact Camilla is now his wife really makes any difference. The main reason people want a republic here is that they want an Australian Head of State.

I doubt that when the time comes many people will vote for a republic in a referendum simply because of Camilla. Charles will be King, he is the one who matters. His wife is only his consort.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Do not underestimate the consort. I doubt (and I am swedish) that Sweden would still be a monarchy had it not been for Silvia.

All reigning royal families are facing increasing challenges and having a loved consort will be more important than ever. Time will tell if Camilla is a burden or not.
Old 04-09-2006, 11:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
You can blame the media on this hostile attitude, but its not the media or the public that attempted to sabotage the Monarchy and made them a national and international joke....that honor belongs to Charles and Camilla.
It was not Camilla or Charles that tried to bring down the monarchy, that honour (?) goes to his ex, thank goodness she failed. Yes you can blame the media, the paper you quote, the Express, is still a pro Diana paper, the fact that she was a serial adulterer who died with another of her lovers 9 years ago, seems to have passed them by.

The Australians have just about held on to the monarchy for some time and it has very little to do with Charles, Camilla or the Queen, they do not see the point of a monarch who resides in England not Australia and only visits occasionally. Honest Australians on here will tell you, it was only the wording of the question that kept the monarchy in last time.

Camilla may not pretend to be a 'movie star' or seek celebrity status but, she is a genuine and caring person.
Old 04-10-2006, 06:05 AM
Courtier

The marriages were more crowded than we thought. Think about APB's affairs. I think Camilla seemed to be the most faithful person among the four. She certainly loves Charles very much and cares him very much. Otherwise,I just wonder how she can stand the way she has been treated by the press, by the public, by the royal family. She told Charles that she would suffer everything for him because she loved him. She suffered because she knew Charles loves her. They have been deeply in love for so many years. Just let them enjoy some martial bliss, please!
Old 04-10-2006, 08:44 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

MODERATOR'S NOTE - please read carefully

Its natural for someone's opinion of Camilla now to be influenced by her relationship with Charles during his marriage with Diana and its equally natural for members to counter opinions and facts about the situation they disagree with.

However, the relationships between Charles, Camilla, Andrew Parker-Bowles, Diana, James Hewitt, James Gilbey, Oliver Hoare, et al. over 15 years is far too complicated for a thread like this.

The more one reads about those relationships, the less likely anyone in this hodgepodge of characters comes up smelling like roses and past a certain point, its useless to argue about who was worse than who.

Some members here have not availed themselves of the vast amount of discussion that has already taken place about the Charles/Camilla/Diana relationship. If you haven't caught up on your reading, I suggest you check the threads out for hours of reading. Other members here did take part in the earlier discussions but are tempted now to re-hash those same arguments with new players rather than point the new people to the old threads where the discussion has already taken place.

If after you read all that is available on the site on Charles/Diana/Camilla's relationship and you still want to discuss it in depth, there is a thread in the Diana sub-forum labelled Charles and Diana.

From this point forward, moderators will be deleting posts in this thread that in our discretion, veer too far off from people's current opinion of Camilla.

ysbel
British forums moderator

"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales, public opinion