The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #261  
Old 04-04-2006, 05:09 PM
hornsen's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 535
Kelly, nobody of us will ever know, why C+C did not marry then. But they are very much in love until now. What should they do? You can`t separate with those feelings. There was only one way: marriage. IMO a king with a mistress is much worther as a marriage which isnīt respect by all people. And people see the great love and slowly warm to them. Love conquers all. Surely. the past was a bad time for all parts, but times are changing...:)
__________________

__________________
  #262  
Old 04-04-2006, 05:18 PM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 8,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornsen
Kelly, nobody of us will ever know, why C+C did not marry then. But they are very much in love until now. What should they do? You can`t separate with those feelings. There was only one way: marriage. IMO a king with a mistress is much worther as a marriage which isnīt respect by all people. And people see the great love and slowly warm to them. Love conquers all. Surely. the past was a bad time for all parts, but times are changing...:)

I think you are right.

The people have watched Charles grow up and they wanted him to be happy in his marriage. We often forget that as a young man - pre-Diana - Charles was as popular as William is now (possibly more so as the negative image of the RF hadn't been developed yet).

As much as they loved Diana most people are mature enough to realise that Charles is the next king and that a happy king is a better proposition than an unhappy king with a mistress who can't be with him at official functions etc.
__________________

__________________
  #263  
Old 04-04-2006, 05:28 PM
Kelly's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Washington, United States
Posts: 1,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy57
I think you are right.

As much as they loved Diana most people are mature enough to realise that Charles is the next king and that a happy king is a better proposition than an unhappy king with a mistress who can't be with him at official functions etc.
I must agree with you in that.
__________________
  #264  
Old 04-04-2006, 05:32 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 589
I think in Charles and Camilla were in a cross street during Winter 1972. Charles needed to serve in Navy and Camilla wanted to get married. Camilla probably did love Charles but Charles was not a practical bet for marriage. He was too young to think about his marriage before finishing service. It was not in his agenda and he did not feel the pressure to marry at that time. Moreoever, even Charles loved Camilla deeply but no one in his family wanted to him to marry Camilla.Think about Lord Mountbatten, Queen Mother, Queen, Prince Philip. Lord Mountbatten wanted to Charles to marry his own granddaghter and thus he told Charles "the perfect standard for his royal bride." Charles cannot marry without Queen's permission,but Queen's permission from her Mother, Lord Mountbatten and Philip's idea.

On the other hand, it was Camilla who made the final decision to marry APB. I think her younger sister Annable had already decided to get married in Jan 1973 and so did her peers. That's why Camilla was in such a hurry. She was still very much in love with APB even he was a womaniser. Camilla was more in love with Andrew than she was than Charles at that time. After all,she had been with APB for 6 years but she had been with Charles for only 1 year or so. I think Camilla wanted Charles but she knew it was impossible so she chose to marry APB. Ironically, this decision has been regarded as a good decision at that time and everyone welcomed the Andrew-Camilla marriage.

It was just a pity for me. I think both Charles and Camilla wanted to forget their love and remained as great friends for the sake for reality.But the love never dies but deepened during the years because of their unique friendships. Neither of them can foresee the situation or they probably changed their decision in early 1970s. Charles was too inexperienced to value his love for Camilla and Camilla was not interested in making bet for her own life. That's what tragedy lied. Camilla was more in love with Charles when she found out Andrew's phailanding after their marriage I think. After all, Charles loved her all along no matter what.
__________________
  #265  
Old 04-04-2006, 05:35 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 589
other opinion from James Whitaker: his new article from the Mirror:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstor...name_page.html
__________________
  #266  
Old 04-05-2006, 05:47 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by love_cc
I think Camilla wanted Charles but she knew it was impossible so she chose to marry APB.
I have often wondered if Camilla agreed to an engagement to Andrew, to try to encourage Charles to propose but then events and arragements got too advanced to stop it.

I still think that Charles, (like most men who have women throwing themselves at them), wanted to 'play' around some more, before settling down.
__________________
  #267  
Old 04-05-2006, 07:06 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
I have often wondered if Camilla agreed to an engagement to Andrew, to try to encourage Charles to propose but then events and arragements got too advanced to stop it.

I still think that Charles, (like most men who have women throwing themselves at them), wanted to 'play' around some more, before settling down.
I think Camilla has been in love with two men only: Andrew Parker Bowles and Prince Charles. When she was young, she was more attracted to Andrew because of his charms and she married him because of she was in love with him and she wanted a family with kids,dogs and country life. But later when Andrew's affairs became unbearable for her, Camilla finally learned of whatever love means. It was Charles who taught her about that: endurance, tolerance,sacrifice. Camilla must be very grateful to Charles because he loves her all along and that's why Charles is the love of Camilla's life. Charles and Camilla are very faithful to each other.
__________________
  #268  
Old 04-06-2006, 04:47 AM
Jo of Palatine's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 3,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by love_cc
other opinion from James Whitaker: his new article from the Mirror:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstor...name_page.html
A quote from that article which made me laugh heartily:

Now, we hear the prince refer to Camilla as "My darling wife". We watch him looking anxiously into her eyes. I recognised awe when the prince whispered "You do it so beautifully, darling" as Camilla planted a few herbs.

Strewth! Couldn't he have tried this with his first wife?

End of quote

I guess Mr. Whitaker would have found it easy to say such words to Princess Diana but couldn't. Charles could but he didn't. Now that explains all about the article.
__________________
  #269  
Old 04-06-2006, 05:41 AM
Margrethe II's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 917
More want King Charles - but not Queen Camilla!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...119412,00.html


"MII"
__________________
  #270  
Old 04-06-2006, 05:44 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
A quote from that article which made me laugh heartily:
"We watch him looking anxiously into her eyes. I recognised awe when the prince whispered "You do it so beautifully, darling" as Camilla planted a few herbs".


I guess Mr. Whitaker would have found it easy to say such words to Princess Diana but couldn't. Charles could but he didn't. Now that explains all about the article.
I think Charles was just having a private joke when he said that to Camilla and it goes to prove that Whitaker has learned nothing about Charles.
__________________
  #271  
Old 04-08-2006, 05:32 PM
Lamyah's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 251
Some of you would have to excuse me if I don't start bowing down to Camilla, because she slept her way to the crown

When you live your life in the public eye, give candid interview about who you happen to be sleeping with and who you love as Charles did in 1994, and Diana did with the many tell-all books about her miserable life with Charles, its hard for the public to give you the needed attention and respect you deserve in so for as your public work goes. Charles had done a good job as Prince of Wales with his charity and committment to diversity and enviromental issue, but his private life is one of failure and scandal. So, no matter how much Clarence House Press media try to do their usual spin to make Camilla lovable, its a hard task few in Great Britian and definitly in the Common Wealth (such as Canada and Australia) buy into.

The latest statistics by Times 63% (usually pro C&C) and Daily Express shows up to 82% of British public does not want Camilla as their future Queen. Its even more objectionable in Australia and Canada, which more likely than not will become a republic when Queeen Elizabeth dies (let's pray she'll live 20 more yrs). You can blame the media on this hostile attitude, but its not the media or the public that attempted to sabotage the Monarchy and made them a national and international joke....that honor belongs to Charles and Camilla. Well of course, if Diana would suck it up like previous Princess of Wales and shut up about her husband sleeping with a married woman (since he didn't have the gal to stand up to his mom and refuse to marry anyone other than his True love 30 yrs ago) and relegate herself to bearing legitimate offspring, maybe we wouldn't know the hypocracy shadowing the Windsor household.

Let's see how good of a job Camilla does since she's finally by Charles side officially that is. I might change my mind about her, if she starts working hard as a representative of UK and Common Wealth with charity and public duty....maybe then her legacy to fame as Prince Charles mistress for 30 yrs might be a thing of the past:)
__________________
  #272  
Old 04-08-2006, 06:06 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 589
I would like to believe the test of time for everything, just like proving Charles and Camilla very much in love with each other until today. I think Camilla is a big asset to Charles and Royal family for those who really cares the future of Britishi Royal family and Prince Charles. Camilla is the supportive wife that Charles always wants. It is Camilla who shall be able to make Charles a great King like his grandfather George VI.

Camilla is acually a very typical of senior royal person. She is low-key, no ambition but to support Charles, a loving mother and a county-hearted person. Camilla has a sense of humor and optistism which is always good for her husband. She is warm to people and she is still very grateful for those who choose to warm her. I just want to look forward to her being Charles' side as his consort. I want her to be treated fairly but once they are happy that's enough for me.
__________________
  #273  
Old 04-08-2006, 06:23 PM
Regina's Avatar
Serene Highness
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 1,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamyah
Some of you would have to excuse me if I don't start bowing down to Camilla, because she slept her way to the crown

When you live your life in the public eye, give candid interview about who you happen to be sleeping with and who you love as Charles did in 1994, and Diana did with the many tell-all books about her miserable life with Charles, its hard for the public to give you the needed attention and respect you deserve in so for as your public work goes. Charles had done a good job as Prince of Wales with his charity and committment to diversity and enviromental issue, but his private life is one of failure and scandal. So, no matter how much Clarence House Press media try to do their usual spin to make Camilla lovable, its a hard task few in Great Britian and definitly in the Common Wealth (such as Canada and Australia) buy into.

The latest statistics by Times 63% (usually pro C&C) and Daily Express shows up to 82% of British public does not want Camilla as their future Queen. Its even more objectionable in Australia and Canada, which more likely than not will become a republic when Queeen Elizabeth dies (let's pray she'll live 20 more yrs). You can blame the media on this hostile attitude, but its not the media or the public that attempted to sabotage the Monarchy and made them a national and international joke....that honor belongs to Charles and Camilla. Well of course, if Diana would suck it up like previous Princess of Wales and shut up about her husband sleeping with a married woman (since he didn't have the gal to stand up to his mom and refuse to marry anyone other than his True love 30 yrs ago) and relegate herself to bearing legitimate offspring, maybe we wouldn't know the hypocracy shadowing the Windsor household.

Let's see how good of a job Camilla does since she's finally by Charles side officially that is. I might change my mind about her, if she starts working hard as a representative of UK and Common Wealth with charity and public duty....maybe then her legacy to fame as Prince Charles mistress for 30 yrs might be a thing of the past:)
Very well said, IMO.

I think Camilla is doing her best, she is working hard to change the opinions about her, but she is a woman who doesn't inspire any good feeling. She has no charisma and no talent to deal with People, IMO. This thread is about "Camilla & Charles: what is your opinion now?", my answer is simple - my opinion of this couple is the same I had an year ago: they are much in love for each other and they will be together forever (good for them), but they don't have any chance to become beloved for people.
__________________
  #274  
Old 04-08-2006, 06:37 PM
ysbel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 5,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by love_cc
I would like to believe the test of time for everything, just like proving Charles and Camilla very much in love with each other until today. I think Camilla is a big asset to Charles and Royal family for those who really cares the future of Britishi Royal family and Prince Charles. Camilla is the supportive wife that Charles always wants. It is Camilla who shall be able to make Charles a great King like his grandfather George VI.

Camilla is acually a very typical of senior royal person. She is low-key, no ambition but to support Charles, a loving mother and a county-hearted person. Camilla has a sense of humor and optistism which is always good for her husband. She is warm to people and she is still very grateful for those who choose to warm her. I just want to look forward to her being Charles' side as his consort. I want her to be treated fairly but once they are happy that's enough for me.
I think that's true. Charles and Camilla support each other and make a good team. I think her optimism is actually a good injection into the Royal Family. Overall the BRF doesn't seem like a sunny happy family although they seem more at ease lately.

The couple doesn't need a lot of charisma - but they do need to look comfortable with each other and look like they're enjoying the job and Camilla looks like she's enjoying getting out and connecting with people.

I prefer royals a little more low-key anyway so maybe I'm biased.
__________________
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
  #275  
Old 04-08-2006, 08:50 PM
Margrethe II's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamyah
Its even more objectionable in Australia and Canada, which more likely than not will become a republic when Queeen Elizabeth dies (let's pray she'll live 20 more yrs).
You've hit the nail on the head here Lamyah :)

"MII"
__________________
  #276  
Old 04-08-2006, 09:09 PM
Roslyn's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tintenbar, Australia
Posts: 2,606
I think the Republican movement in Australia was always going to get a lot more support when the reign of her Majesty concludes, regardless of who Charles is married to at the time. Even though Diana had a lot of fans here, I don't think the fact Camilla is now his wife really makes any difference. The main reason people want a republic here is that they want an Australian Head of State.

I doubt that when the time comes many people will vote for a republic in a referendum simply because of Camilla. Charles will be King, he is the one who matters. His wife is only his consort.
__________________
  #277  
Old 04-09-2006, 12:11 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 2,033
Do not underestimate the consort. I doubt (and I am swedish) that Sweden would still be a monarchy had it not been for Silvia.

All reigning royal families are facing increasing challenges and having a loved consort will be more important than ever. Time will tell if Camilla is a burden or not.
__________________
  #278  
Old 04-09-2006, 11:37 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamyah
You can blame the media on this hostile attitude, but its not the media or the public that attempted to sabotage the Monarchy and made them a national and international joke....that honor belongs to Charles and Camilla.
It was not Camilla or Charles that tried to bring down the monarchy, that honour (?) goes to his ex, thank goodness she failed. Yes you can blame the media, the paper you quote, the Express, is still a pro Diana paper, the fact that she was a serial adulterer who died with another of her lovers 9 years ago, seems to have passed them by.

The Australians have just about held on to the monarchy for some time and it has very little to do with Charles, Camilla or the Queen, they do not see the point of a monarch who resides in England not Australia and only visits occasionally. Honest Australians on here will tell you, it was only the wording of the question that kept the monarchy in last time.

Camilla may not pretend to be a 'movie star' or seek celebrity status but, she is a genuine and caring person.
__________________
  #279  
Old 04-10-2006, 06:05 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 589
The marriages were more crowded than we thought. Think about APB's affairs. I think Camilla seemed to be the most faithful person among the four. She certainly loves Charles very much and cares him very much. Otherwise,I just wonder how she can stand the way she has been treated by the press, by the public, by the royal family. She told Charles that she would suffer everything for him because she loved him. She suffered because she knew Charles loves her. They have been deeply in love for so many years. Just let them enjoy some martial bliss, please!
__________________
  #280  
Old 04-10-2006, 08:44 AM
ysbel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 5,390
MODERATOR'S NOTE - please read carefully

Its natural for someone's opinion of Camilla now to be influenced by her relationship with Charles during his marriage with Diana and its equally natural for members to counter opinions and facts about the situation they disagree with.

However, the relationships between Charles, Camilla, Andrew Parker-Bowles, Diana, James Hewitt, James Gilbey, Oliver Hoare, et al. over 15 years is far too complicated for a thread like this.

The more one reads about those relationships, the less likely anyone in this hodgepodge of characters comes up smelling like roses and past a certain point, its useless to argue about who was worse than who.

Some members here have not availed themselves of the vast amount of discussion that has already taken place about the Charles/Camilla/Diana relationship. If you haven't caught up on your reading, I suggest you check the threads out for hours of reading. Other members here did take part in the earlier discussions but are tempted now to re-hash those same arguments with new players rather than point the new people to the old threads where the discussion has already taken place.

If after you read all that is available on the site on Charles/Diana/Camilla's relationship and you still want to discuss it in depth, there is a thread in the Diana sub-forum labelled Charles and Diana.

From this point forward, moderators will be deleting posts in this thread that in our discretion, veer too far off from people's current opinion of Camilla.

ysbel
British forums moderator
__________________

__________________
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales, public opinion


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Prince of Wales and Camilla Parker-Bowles: 9 April 2005 Claire Royal Weddings 469 07-03-2014 07:36 PM
King Charles and Queen Camilla BeatrixFan The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall 1068 01-22-2007 12:10 PM
Charles and Camilla: Current events 1: Aug - Sept 2005 Elspeth Current Events Archive 194 09-12-2005 12:46 AM
Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles 2: July - Nov 2003 Alexandria Current Events Archive 163 11-21-2003 03:52 PM
Charles And Camilla news and pics 1: Oct 2002 - Oct 2003 Lorraine Current Events Archive 134 10-31-2003 09:31 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games ottoman palace pom president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince felix prince floris prince frederik prince laurent prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marie princess mary princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia spain state visit wedding william winter olympics 2014


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:16 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]