The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 04:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Kerry, I assume you didn't see my post before you posted yours?

Old 02-11-2006, 06:12 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Sorry Elspeth. Skydragon's was the last post when I started mine. I was in the middle of typing when I had to take my dog outside for a potty break.:o

Old 02-11-2006, 06:18 PM
Nobility

My question is why would any woman want to take advice from a stroppy old guy with a long ponytail, tight leather trousers who carries a small dog with him quite often

Camilla seems to be doing Ok with her 'country lady' outfits and that is exactly what she is.
Old 02-11-2006, 07:08 PM
Royal Highness

Charles and Camilla, what is my opinion now?
Well, they look like a loving couple. I have warmed up to her ever since Charles decided to make an honest woman out of her...and she an honest man out of him.
Their tumultuous past fades away slowly, and since you can't live on the past forever I say let them be happy.
Old 02-11-2006, 07:33 PM
Nobility

I seriously wish Camilla the best as she has had a hard time of it - she bore the brunt of the public anger about the affair even though it was Charles who was being unfaithful to Diana. The fact that Camilla was married was just more ammunition to throw at her by those who thought Diana was a saint. At the end of the day, nobody 'won' in that situation but Camilla didn't have Press secretaries and bodyguards to look after her.

Amen to what Toledo said.
Old 02-11-2006, 07:44 PM
Aristocracy

^_^

It's all destiny to me.

So I guess Charles and Camilla belong together. So she's A-OK in my book.
Old 02-11-2006, 08:09 PM
Royal Highness

Charles and Camilla complement each other nicely. Yes, they were wrong with having the affair but Diana also had an affair during her marriage so I think they cancel each other out. It seems that you have to be pro-Camilla and anti-Diana or pro-Diana and anti-Camilla. I'm just whatever on the two of them. Diana was a woman who did a lot of good in this world but if we stay stuck in the past then we can never move forward. Camilla is a woman who makes her husband very happy who committed wrongs in her life, who hasn't? As to Charles and Camilla, they're a couple just trying to make it work while dodging bullets. They've survived this far and seem to be more in love than ever. Props to them.
Old 02-12-2006, 05:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

I'm sorry soCal girl but being English/Scottish, what does 'props to them' mean?
Old 02-12-2006, 07:25 AM
Aristocracy

Camilla & Charles: What Is Your Opinion Now?"

Well they are definitely a good, compatible pair.

Charles and Diana, Charles and Camilla are two sides of a medal, 2 different types of fairytale.

Charles and Diana were young and attractive had all the elements of a "perfect" romance novel. YOung and beautiful, Horse and carriage , 2 lovely children, a nation at their feet etc. but in the end they failed because there was not enough love and compatibillity to last a lifetime.
Charles and Camilla on the other hand don't have a picture perfect romance - at 56 who does?- they have had an enduring love in spite of a lot of adversity and bad decicions: bad choices, huge mistakes made by both of them. But in my opinion they were able to redeem themselves and they continue to do so everyday they perform their obligations correctly. What would we be as human beings without the possibility of redemption.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by altagrace
What would we be as human beings without the possibility of redemption.
This is the most important statement on Charles and Camilla. I think he as found peace in his relationships and now go full blast to stop press intrusion.:)
Old 02-16-2006, 09:04 PM
Courtier

How about Charles's workload? It is said that he would take more duty on behalf of the Queen after the celebration of Queen's birthday. Charles really works very hard as Prince of Wales throughout his life. I am happy to see Camilla can take more duty. She seems to have increased her individual engagement since this year. Want to see them more on the press coverage.
Old 02-17-2006, 07:10 PM
Aristocracy

I like them as a couple. But I am slowly warming up to Charles more than I am Camilla.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:53 PM
Nobility

I am starting to like her. She really does seem to make Charles happy and who are we to hold things against her. I know that I want to be happy, and could care less what other think about my choices. :)
Old 02-26-2006, 11:49 AM
Commoner

Charles and Camilla

This is my first post - talk about jumping into the lions' den.....

I don't suppose anyone, least of all Charles and Camilla, would condone the part they played in the breakdown of both their marriages. But given the length of time which has elapsed, and the fact that both their respective sets of children have not only accepted their relationship but are happy about it, what is to be gained by keeping them apart now?
Old 02-26-2006, 11:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Welcome, Cath! Most of the lions are fairly well behaved, so you should be quite safe.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:09 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
I'm sorry soCal girl but being English/Scottish, what does 'props to them' mean?
Sorry for the delay. "Props to them" means good for them. I'm happy that they've finally made it to their version of "happily ever after."
Old 02-26-2006, 09:16 PM
Aristocracy

I think that they are the perfect couple from the point of view of appearance, temperament, everything...:)
Although Wills and Harry are ok, I think it would be much better for all of them if Charles had married Camilla in the first place
Old 02-26-2006, 09:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

I Agree he should have married her from the start . Im glad they are together and Happy!!!! :)
Old 02-27-2006, 12:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iannis
I think that they are the perfect couple from the point of view of appearance, temperament, everything...:)
Although Wills and Harry are ok, I think it would be much better for all of them if Charles had married Camilla in the first place
Well, pity they didn't marry in the first place but on the other hand if they did, we wouldn't have William and Harry! :)
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 02-27-2006, 08:09 PM
Courtier

It is what it is...one must accept this & I have.

"MII"

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales, public opinion