The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 10:48 AM

What if the Prince and Duchess adopt a child?

The Duchess's hysterechtomy(sp?) got me thinking about this. I find it sad that this lovely couple never had the oppurtunity to have a child together. Since it is impossible to have one biologically, I think it would be a dream if they would adopt a child together. I realize that their age in life makes it unlikely, since they no doubt feel they don't have the energy or time for child rearing anymore! At the same time, they have so much money and staff to help out, so what if....? Does anyone think they might do it? What might they name such a child and what/how would the child be called, styled?
I know an adopted child cannot be in the line of succession or have a HRH Prince/Princess title. Would the surname be Windsor or Mountbatten-Windsor?

Old 05-22-2007, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

I believe Mountbatten-Windsor

Old 05-22-2007, 11:03 AM

Do you think it is marginally possible? It would be so lovely. Maybe the child could have some kind of courtesy title like Lord/Lady?
Old 05-22-2007, 11:15 AM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
I just can't see it. I can't see them taking on a young child. Why would they take on that responsibility this late in life? Only to have the staff raise the kid? Or for the sake of hearing a child say mummy and daddy? If they were decades younger, yes. I say wait it out until they hear the words granny and gramps.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry
I just can't see it. I can't see them taking on a young child. Why would they take on that responsibility this late in life? Only to have the staff raise the kid? Or for the sake of hearing a child say mummy and daddy? If they were decades younger, yes. I say wait it out until they hear the words granny and gramps.
Yes, when you put it like that, I agree. I think Tom's wife is pregnant, isn't she? Now we just need one of the Prince's boys to get hitched and have a little one. I wait with eagerness. It will be so fun to see them as grandparents.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:41 AM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
CasiraghiTrio, I agree about them being grandparents. I like Camilla so much and can't wait to see pics of her with her grandchildren. Doesn't matter to me if they're through her biological or step children.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:01 PM
Royal Highness

I think they are past the stage of having more children. They have so many duties and can spend the next years of marriage enjoying each other's company than reverting back to parenthood
Old 05-24-2007, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry
CasiraghiTrio, I agree about them being grandparents. I like Camilla so much and can't wait to see pics of her with her grandchildren. Doesn't matter to me if they're through her biological or step children.
Very true. It will be so thrilling to see young ones in the family again. I think that Camilla's children will be having some babies very soon, and maybe in five years time or so they will have more grandchildren from the Prince's side.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:00 AM
Nobility

I can not see Camilla having any more children. The days of having children are over, it is time to enjoy Grandchildren! Prince William and Prince Harry when they have children will only know Camilla as a grandmother. I think that Charles and Camilla are looking forward to the grandparent time and visits!!!
Old 05-24-2007, 01:26 PM

My bet is on Tom and Sara being the first to give them grandbabies! What do you guys think? Anyone have the opinion Laura will beat Tom in the "grandbaby" race? Surely Tom and Laura will beat their stepbrothers. I have a feeling we won't have tiny ones from the Wales side until five to ten years.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
My bet is on Tom and Sara being the first to give them grandbabies! What do you guys think? Anyone have the opinion Laura will beat Tom in the "grandbaby" race? Surely Tom and Laura will beat their stepbrothers. I have a feeling we won't have tiny ones from the Wales side until five to ten years.
Sara is pregnant. The child will be born in autumn I think. Camilla is said to be "over the moon".
Old 05-24-2007, 02:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, since she has had a hysterectomy, another child is completely out of the question unless they adopt. Which would not happen.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Well, since she has had a hysterectomy, another child is completely out of the question unless they adopt.
In the words of Reg, "Where's the foetus gonna gestate? Is she gonna keep it in a box?".
Old 05-24-2007, 05:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think Charles or Camilla would like to have a child together since they both spent years raising their own children. I believe Camilla and her ex-husband Andrew are delighted to become grandparents.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234
I don't think Charles or Camilla would like to have a child together since they both spent years raising their own children. I believe Camilla and her ex-husband Andrew are delighted to become grandparents.
Camilla and Charles said how happy they are with the news that Sara is expecting. Charles will be a step grandpapa!
Old 05-24-2007, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornsen
Sara is pregnant. The child will be born in autumn I think. Camilla is said to be "over the moon".
Yes! I knew I heard that somewhere! I couldn't remember the source or when, so I didn't want to say it without having the stuff to back it up. That's awesome.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:47 PM
Serene Highness

Is that confirmed that Tom Parker-Bowles and Sara would have a baby?That's news.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 05-24-2007, 11:18 PM
Nobility

sirhon, I think they WOULD love to have a child together--one of their own, a fruition of love that has lasted what, 5 decades? And they could definitely rent a womb to do it if she has any eggs left.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffir
sirhon, I think they WOULD love to have a child together--one of their own, a fruition of love that has lasted what, 5 decades? And they could definitely rent a womb to do it if she has any eggs left.
A fruition of love, isn't that kinda exagerating it. I would think Carles and Camilla would want to spend as much as their time together, rather than changing the diapers of a baby.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffir

At their ages, it's highly unlikely they would want to have another child anyway. They are at the stage of their lives where it's about them and what they have together, not getting up every 30 minutes at the age of 59 to feed an infant or change its diaper. It's cruel to the child IMO, to have parents that advanced in age.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, camilla's family, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales