Additional Children?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if the Prince and Duchess adopt a child?

The Duchess's hysterechtomy(sp?) got me thinking about this. I find it sad that this lovely couple never had the oppurtunity to have a child together. Since it is impossible to have one biologically, I think it would be a dream if they would adopt a child together. I realize that their age in life makes it unlikely, since they no doubt feel they don't have the energy or time for child rearing anymore! :lol: At the same time, they have so much money and staff to help out, so what if....? Does anyone think they might do it? What might they name such a child and what/how would the child be called, styled?
I know an adopted child cannot be in the line of succession or have a HRH Prince/Princess title. Would the surname be Windsor or Mountbatten-Windsor?

Do you think it is marginally possible? It would be so lovely. Maybe the child could have some kind of courtesy title like Lord/Lady?

I just can't see it. I can't see them taking on a young child. Why would they take on that responsibility this late in life? Only to have the staff raise the kid? Or for the sake of hearing a child say mummy and daddy? If they were decades younger, yes. I say wait it out until they hear the words granny and gramps.

kerry said:
I just can't see it. I can't see them taking on a young child. Why would they take on that responsibility this late in life? Only to have the staff raise the kid? Or for the sake of hearing a child say mummy and daddy? If they were decades younger, yes. I say wait it out until they hear the words granny and gramps.

Yes, when you put it like that, I agree. I think Tom's wife is pregnant, isn't she? Now we just need one of the Prince's boys to get hitched and have a little one. I wait with eagerness. It will be so fun to see them as grandparents.:flowers:

CasiraghiTrio, I agree about them being grandparents. I like Camilla so much and can't wait to see pics of her with her grandchildren. Doesn't matter to me if they're through her biological or step children.

I think they are past the stage of having more children. They have so many duties and can spend the next years of marriage enjoying each other's company than reverting back to parenthood

kerry said:
CasiraghiTrio, I agree about them being grandparents. I like Camilla so much and can't wait to see pics of her with her grandchildren. Doesn't matter to me if they're through her biological or step children.
Very true. It will be so thrilling to see young ones in the family again. I think that Camilla's children will be having some babies very soon, and maybe in five years time or so they will have more grandchildren from the Prince's side.

I can not see Camilla having any more children. The days of having children are over, it is time to enjoy Grandchildren! Prince William and Prince Harry when they have children will only know Camilla as a grandmother. I think that Charles and Camilla are looking forward to the grandparent time and visits!!!

My bet is on Tom and Sara being the first to give them grandbabies! What do you guys think? Anyone have the opinion Laura will beat Tom in the "grandbaby" race? :lol: Surely Tom and Laura will beat their stepbrothers. I have a feeling we won't have tiny ones from the Wales side until five to ten years.

CasiraghiTrio said:
My bet is on Tom and Sara being the first to give them grandbabies! What do you guys think? Anyone have the opinion Laura will beat Tom in the "grandbaby" race? :lol: Surely Tom and Laura will beat their stepbrothers. I have a feeling we won't have tiny ones from the Wales side until five to ten years.

Sara is pregnant. The child will be born in autumn I think. Camilla is said to be "over the moon".:flowers:

Well, since she has had a hysterectomy, another child is completely out of the question unless they adopt. Which would not happen.

Well, since she has had a hysterectomy, another child is completely out of the question unless they adopt.
In the words of Reg, "Where's the foetus gonna gestate? Is she gonna keep it in a box?".

I don't think Charles or Camilla would like to have a child together since they both spent years raising their own children. I believe Camilla and her ex-husband Andrew are delighted to become grandparents.

sirhon11234 said:
I don't think Charles or Camilla would like to have a child together since they both spent years raising their own children. I believe Camilla and her ex-husband Andrew are delighted to become grandparents.
Camilla and Charles said how happy they are with the news that Sara is expecting. Charles will be a step grandpapa!

hornsen said:
Sara is pregnant. The child will be born in autumn I think. Camilla is said to be "over the moon".:flowers:

Yes! I knew I heard that somewhere! I couldn't remember the source or when, so I didn't want to say it without having the stuff to back it up. That's awesome.

Is that confirmed that Tom Parker-Bowles and Sara would have a baby?That's news.:)

sirhon, I think they WOULD love to have a child together--one of their own, a fruition of love that has lasted what, 5 decades? And they could definitely rent a womb to do it if she has any eggs left.

kaffir said:
sirhon, I think they WOULD love to have a child together--one of their own, a fruition of love that has lasted what, 5 decades? And they could definitely rent a womb to do it if she has any eggs left.
A fruition of love, isn't that kinda exagerating it. I would think Carles and Camilla would want to spend as much as their time together, rather than changing the diapers of a baby.

kaffir said:

At their ages, it's highly unlikely they would want to have another child anyway. They are at the stage of their lives where it's about them and what they have together, not getting up every 30 minutes at the age of 59 to feed an infant or change its diaper. It's cruel to the child IMO, to have parents that advanced in age.

A child of their own, no. They are to be grandparents soon. Can anybody see them babysitting a newborn or an infant overnight?!:unsure:

Seeing that Camilla has just had a hysterectomy this thread really is in the realm of fairy stories!

Sister Morphine said:
At their ages, it's highly unlikely they would want to have another child anyway. They are at the stage of their lives where it's about them and what they have together, not getting up every 30 minutes at the age of 59 to feed an infant or change its diaper. It's cruel to the child IMO, to have parents that advanced in age.
The best thing about being a grandparent, is that you can admire and then hand them back! :lol:

kerry said:
Can anybody see them babysitting a newborn or an infant overnight
The nanny would do that anyway!

I know that they have people to do that for them. But can you imagine them really getting to know their grandchild? I mean changing diapers, feeding, and burping!

kerry said:
But can you imagine them really getting to know their grandchild? I mean changing diapers, feeding, and burping!
Camilla a resounding yes, Charles probably not! :flowers:

How did I know you would say that, Skydragon?!:lol: I think Prince Charles would be lost changing a diaper. JMO.

kerry said:
How did I know you would say that, Skydragon?!:lol: I think Prince Charles would be lost changing a diaper. JMO.
Your all powerful crystal ball :future: or am I predictable! :whistling:

Even I have changed a nappy (diaper), but who on earth would want too! :ROFLMAO:

Skydragon said:
Your all powerful crystal ball :future: or am I predictable! :whistling:

Even I have changed a nappy (diaper), but who on earth would want too! :ROFLMAO:

Skydragon,
You just made my day! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :lol: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

kerry said:

I Think Prince Charles admitted as much when Prince William was born. If I remember, he said something to the effect of he was hopeless changing the diapers, although he loved giving Wills a bath! :lol:

I think that every thing has it time in life, and they will enjoy their grandchildren rather than their children. I wish they could have their opportunity before (I mean that it would be nice to see Prince Charles and her wife married when they wanted to, at their youth), but sadly, they hadn't...:neutral: Life is not always nice...

Vanesa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom