The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 08-05-2006, 07:40 PM
Roslyn's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tintenbar, Australia
Posts: 2,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
I was replying to your post where you say "an unseemly dash of sexism in the criticism of women becoming parents at a age older than the traditional general maximum age for motherhood. For centuries men have been fathering children in their 50s and well into their 70s and even 80s" and "Since women in their late 50s and 60s and 70s have been caring, very successfully, for young children for decades".
Most of these IMO, selfish women are unable to guarantee that their pension fund will cover the cost of a nanny, governess or even childcare costs.No matter how good your childrens nanny may be, by the time she is 50, a younger helper is taken on, why, because the older nanny has lost the speed and reflexes they need to look after young babies and children.

I am fully aware that 'members of these circles' employ a nanny, governess etc.
I still see a dash of sexism in criticism of a woman doing something because of age when criticism is not levelled at a man on the same basis. Is it a good thing for 75 year old Rupert Murdoch to have a 5 year old and 3 year old? I suspect he has them because his latest, 35 year old, wife wanted them. Is it better for a child to have an ancient father than an ancient mother? I don't think so.

As long as the child's health is not compromised because of the age of the mother, and as long as the parents can afford to provide for the child's needs, I don't think it's necessarily (and I repeat, necessarily) selfish of an older woman to want to have a child. Mind you, even I draw the line at 60 and probably actually about 55 if I'm honest with myself. And I don't think it should be encouraged.
__________________

__________________
  #22  
Old 08-06-2006, 03:48 PM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn
I still see a dash of sexism in criticism of a woman doing something because of age when criticism is not levelled at a man on the same basis. Is it a good thing for 75 year old Rupert Murdoch to have a 5 year old and 3 year old? I suspect he has them because his latest, 35 year old, wife wanted them. Is it better for a child to have an ancient father than an ancient mother? I don't think so.
Well we know we are never going to agree on this one! I think both scenarios are bad however, the father (of whatever age) is not going to increase the risks associated with geriatric pregnancies.
__________________

__________________
  #23  
Old 08-06-2006, 05:58 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Plymouth, United States
Posts: 1,307
Women are not meant to have babies in their 50s/60s/70s. It's not sexism, it's nature. Just because humans have developed the technology to do so doesn't deem it right.

Anayhow, I thought this topic was about Camilla having a child at her age, which is ludicrous. Now that both her children are married, maybe the topic should be Camilla's grandchildren.
__________________
  #24  
Old 08-06-2006, 06:10 PM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,896
When she has grandchildren, I'm sure someone will be starting a thread. In the meantime, this thread was started as a "what-if" that's hypothetical but not complete fantasy, given the news about this 62-year-old mother.
__________________
  #25  
Old 08-06-2006, 10:12 PM
Roslyn's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tintenbar, Australia
Posts: 2,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Well we know we are never going to agree on this one!
I'm not trying to sway anyone's opinion, just stating my own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
I think both scenarios are bad however, the father (of whatever age) is not going to increase the risks associated with geriatric pregnancies.
There is now evidence that the age of the father can affect the risks. For example:

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/preconce...ectsfertility/
__________________
  #26  
Old 08-06-2006, 11:40 PM
elizabet's Avatar
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Manhatten, United States
Posts: 3
hi, personally i think it's kind of dissapointing that they didn't have some illigitimate son with the dark hair and big ears. but i can't really say that.
__________________
  #27  
Old 08-07-2006, 06:50 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn
There is now evidence that the age of the father can affect the risks. For example:
/
As the article says, the risk to a baby from a geriatric pregnancy are well known. As I said both scenarios are far from ideal.

I still think Charles and Camilla have far too much intelligence to want to go down the route of having another child at their age, I should think they will leave that to politicians who need to get votes.
__________________
  #28  
Old 08-09-2006, 09:58 PM
HRH Kimetha's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Arlington, United States
Posts: 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
As the article says, the risk to a baby from a geriatric pregnancy are well known. As I said both scenarios are far from ideal.

I still think Charles and Camilla have far too much intelligence to want to go down the route of having another child at their age, I should think they will leave that to politicians who need to get votes.

In addition, I think Charles & Camilla are at an age to really enjoy what years they have together without nappies.
__________________
  #29  
Old 08-13-2006, 06:11 PM
Panther2000's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 131
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Since this is a speculative topic which doesn't (I hope) have any grounding in fact, is there really much point discussing it?

The facts are that if Camilla gave birth to Charles's child, the child would be in the line of succession after William and Harry and their children. Whether she or Charles would want to do that, whether they'd be able to find a doctor to help carry it out, and what the Queen might do or think are all topics that we can only guess about.

I think what others may be missing also is that the EGG that the woman used was not her own. So, speaking as a woman/mother/wife. Camilla would need egges donated. Hence, creating another Question. Charles may father a child genetically, but she herself is not genetically related to the child. & being that Royality deals with Genetics relations & marriage, etc....


THis is all in theory only because, I can pretty much with 100% certain that a child by the both of them won't happen at all. But, just throwing questions like these out ther are fun to play around with.
__________________
  #30  
Old 08-13-2006, 09:05 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Orlando, United States
Posts: 27
Ha! The chances of Camilla having a child at her age are slim to none. In a fantasy world I'm sure it would be lovely but in real life? Never going to happen. I know they say never say never but Camilla having a child at her age is just not going to happen and I highyl doubt that Camilla with two children of her own already plus step children honestly wants to have a child at her age. I would think she'd rather just enjoy her golden years with Charles all to herself rather than have anohter young child to worry about.
__________________
  #31  
Old 08-14-2006, 01:43 PM
hayz64's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: plymouth, Uzbekistan
Posts: 53
Just think of the amount of controversy it would cause! In a way though i think it would be really cute...just my imagination i think!But i really want Charles and Camilla,(even though we know they are completely in love with each other) to do something really big in public to show that they are!I don't know...like a really romantic gesture or something! Gosh me and my hopeless romantic ways going off again!
__________________
  #32  
Old 08-14-2006, 03:57 PM
wittykitty's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 114
"Pensiner parents are the new rage but I think if they had gotton remarried 7/8 years ago then it might have been possible but right now they just want to spend time together not with a baby.
wittykitty
__________________
  #33  
Old 08-16-2006, 02:44 AM
Panther2000's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 131
7 or eight years ago was out of the question. It took almost 10 years for the marraige to happen.



& Frankly, I find it kind of selfish(sp) of these silly women today at the ages of 50 & over to be having children. Just because a thing can be done doesn't mean that it should be done. There is a Very good reason why woman in their late 40's & in some cases early 50's go through the change. Creating a new life within your own takes a great toll on the body. Hence, all the risks factors that play in not only for the child but for the mother also. If, it happens naturally then Good luck to the mother. As in case here in the US about 2 years ago. A woman inDetroit 62 years old had twin naturally, She was suprised as anyone when the doctor told her that she was going to have a baby. Needless to say, that she did not go to doctors to become preg. It just happen. & by the time she realized that something was up it was too late to do anything about it.

But, back on track.

I have a question. I know that Charles has made some kind of trust fund for Camilla's kids. But, what about their kids, His step Grandchildren. Or dose the trust funds stop with camilla's kids. Though, they are in the royal family they are not part of the royal family. Because, being that both of Camilla's kids are now married. the Next news will be the babies coming probably within the next year. Just a though.
__________________
  #34  
Old 09-17-2006, 05:08 AM
Australian's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 2,152
I don't think Camilla would even think about having anymore kids. She is now in her mature years, close to pension years and I think all she wants to do now is enjoy the kids she already has and her grandkids (does she have any? if not, then she can enjoy looking forward to grandkids)
__________________
  #35  
Old 09-17-2006, 05:59 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Royal News - Camilla and Charles Have Fifty-Five Babies!

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/royal_family/218182004.htm


__________________
  #36  
Old 09-17-2006, 06:33 AM
Avalon's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Posts: 5,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Royal News - Camilla and Charles Have Fifty-Five Babies!

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/royal_family/218182004.htm




You put that one in the right thread, Skydragon! And it's hillarious! We hoped (well, at least thought) of one baby but no one in the wildest dream could dream of 55!
Looks like it's destiny for Charles' to be with Camillas' !!!
__________________
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
  #37  
Old 09-17-2006, 11:31 AM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,896
Oh, my...

"Car salesman Hayden Crawford, from Dorset, England, who is a fan of the royal family, said: "Camilla doesn't like Charles. When I put him in her tank she attacked him and broke his leg.""

Maybe he should have called the female Diana.
__________________
  #38  
Old 09-17-2006, 11:41 AM
AgnesK's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Wroclaw, Poland
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
"Camilla doesn't like Charles. When I put him in her tank she attacked him and broke his leg."

"News of the world" should run the story about that
__________________
  #39  
Old 09-17-2006, 11:47 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgnesK
"News of the world" should run the story about that
They probably will, Watch this space!
__________________
  #40  
Old 09-19-2006, 01:40 AM
Sister Morphine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: North Carolina, United States
Posts: 2,726
I can't see Camilla having a baby. That woman in Wales might have wanted to and done so, but I can't see Camilla doing it too. If there were people bothered by her marrying Charles and one day becoming Queen....they'll lose their lunch if she has a baby with him.
__________________

__________________
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, camilla's family, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Christenings of Children of King Constantine & Queen Anne Marie Alexandra The Royal Family of Greece 23 06-06-2012 06:33 PM
Trust Funds for the Queen's Children and Grandchildren yvr girl British Royals 36 11-30-2011 08:18 PM
Laws and traditions regarding wives, children, and concubines KathyMoore Imperial Family of Japan 13 10-04-2006 01:51 PM




Popular Tags
belgium carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion germany grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jewellery jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince daniel prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:43 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]