The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 08:25 PM
Gentry

Hello all,

This is my first post here, and I couldn't have thought of a better place to start.

My name is also Diana, and as a kid, I hated my name. Her beauty and class made my name one that people admired. Lady Diana Spencer snaring her prince captured my heart as an 11 year old. I got up early on their wedding day to watch the wedding, and my fascination began in earnest.

She was beautiful, but back in those days, she looked real. Fresh-faced, simple dresser, she had that everyman quality that I could relate to. And, like so many young girls at the time, I wanted my own Prince Charming.

As she matured, I related even more. I still wanted to much to believe in the fairytale of her life, but her beauty, grace and spirit moved me. I loved her, and wanted so much to be like her.

When the truth came out, and she started to change her life, I loved and admired her anymore. She could have completely retired, but instead chose to use her fame for causes supporting the truly downtrodden, the lowest of the low if you will.

Her death broke my heart. I was out with my boyfriend and some friends. We went for a late night pizza when I heard the news. I went back to my apartment, and didn't leave my couch for two days. I cried, and cried some more.

I put her memory in the back of my head, but then she comes back to the forefront of my life. I never met her, don't know much about her personally, but she carried herself with grace, dignity, and a strength I envy.

Sorry that I wrote a bible, but she is just a lady that touched so many hearts in this world, and I will admire her until I die.

Diana

Old 11-13-2006, 08:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hey Panicgrl welcome to the forums. I agree with you alot of people loved and respected Diana.

Old 11-13-2006, 08:49 PM
Gentry

Thanks for the welcome! I'm glad I found a place where people have the same passion.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234
Hey Panicgrl welcome to the forums. I agree with you alot of people loved and respected Diana.
welcome to Panicggrl too, and toy're right, a lot of poeple loved diana and will love and respected diana for many years,
she was a icon in england, a character very inportat for the british history, a very true princess.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 11-14-2006, 12:44 AM
Aristocracy

I don't think any princess could ever take her place.
Old 12-02-2006, 12:01 PM
Gentry

I agree with everything you all have said, no-one will ever be able to take her place, even Prince William's wife.

Lily
Old 12-30-2006, 07:42 AM

Is diana a weekend only topic for fans?

Hebdige found that fans are sometimes weekend only fans. It is a way of taking them away from everyday life, which they engage with interacting with other people on the internet. Are you a weekend only fan?
Old 12-30-2006, 08:06 AM
Heir Apparent

I find it interesting because 'it' admits that people are more active during the weekend as a result of not having the time to participate during the working week.

So, its not they are 'weekend fans', rather, it's the most acceptable time for them to partake in discussion. A result of living a life that certainly isn't about escaping the realities of 'everyday' life as the 'findings' (?) suggest.

Just my opinion and no, I'm not only a weekend 'fan'.

Infact, I'm not a 'fan' at all as the word 'fan' is a derivation of the word fanatic, which in turn suggests those inclined to be engaged are in a state of unhealthy interest which presents connotations of being psychologically unstable.

Do I lend my support however? Most definitly
Old 12-30-2006, 09:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily97
I agree with everything you all have said, no-one will ever be able to take her place, even Prince William's wife.

Lily
I wonder what "place" is this? There is a new HRH The Princess of Wales as wife of Charles and I doubt William's future wife would want to be married to his father instead.

There was an individual named Diana, Princess of Wales and as she was an individual, it is self-explainatory that there will never be another one like her. But her place? Places are there to be filled by people and if one leaves, the next one comes up trying to perform the duties that place asks for and enjoy the rewards and privileges of this place. Diana was just one in a long line of "Princesses of Wales" and while she surely had a lot of positive impacts when filling that place/position I sincerely hope there will be a long line of future princesses to follow her.

Let's just take the way she was compassionate toward people with a harder life than her own. IMHO Camilla is as warm-hearted and compassionate as Diana was and fullfills her place as consort of the heir to the throne to perfection. Which is the important thing: that the place Diana once inhabited is filled again and again with a compassionate and helpful personality who supports charities and tries to better the lives of those she can reach and help. And I hope William will find an equally supporting and compassionate wife.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:19 AM
Nobility

I thought this thread was about reasons some of us liked Diana, not about the endless comparing of Diana and Camilla?
Old 12-30-2006, 11:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Let's just take the way she was compassionate toward people with a harder life than her own. IMHO Camilla is as warm-hearted and compassionate as Diana was and fullfills her place as consort of the heir to the throne to perfection. Which is the important thing: that the place Diana once inhabited is filled again and again with a compassionate and helpful personality who supports charities and tries to better the lives of those she can reach and help
Okay lets not get ahead of ourselves Camilla's charity work is good but not as good and extensive as Diana's charity work. But lets do get back on topic of Why do you like Diana.
Old 12-30-2006, 11:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassie
I thought this thread was about reasons some of us liked Diana, not about the endless comparing of Diana and Camilla?
I just wanted to point out that IMHO one should view Diana as an individual and not as someone who filled a place in life. Because places tend to be filled again if they are left alone while you can't repeat an individual. Sorry if this didn't come through.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 12-30-2006, 11:34 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
I just wanted to point out that IMHO one should view Diana as an individual and not as someone who filled a place in life. Because places tend to be filled again if they are left alone while you can't repeat an individual. Sorry if this didn't come through.
Well, I thinkthat was the other point as well-that Diana, as an individual, cannot be replaced.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

diana have a place thatn nobody can use now or in the future, if william and harry marry their wifes will be princess and sure they will have a chsarity work, but diana was a fenomeno but for that happend don't only deppend of diana's personality, was too a lot of circuntances, when she into in the royal family
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 12-31-2006, 10:01 AM

Her smile was very beautiful.

I like princess Diana very much, whose name is especially princess Diana among 1980- 1985 years.
I missed her very much, I, present royalty of Britain, dislike.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bea214
I like princess Diana very much, whose name is especially princess Diana among 1980- 1985 years.
I missed her very much, I, present royalty of Britain, dislike.
actually the thinghs change so much, the royalty of today lost the chaming
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 12-31-2006, 07:16 PM
Royal Highness

Princess Diana at lovemarks.com

My sentiments about Princess Diana
are expressed by a writer at www.lovemarks
and it is the first posting there by an Elizabeth.U.K.
that is the most brilliant argument for and against
Princess Diana I have ever read.
It shook my perceptions up.It tells you both sides and
aspects you had never thought of before.
May the ground that covers her be light,
we miss her and luv her still.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:51 PM
Commoner

"Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana."

No other can ever be like Diana. Kate Middleton might become the next Princess of Wales and Queen if she marries Prince William, but she or any other princess will never measure up to Diana. She had a particular brand of 'magic' and charisma that was totally unique. Diana did things as a person who REALLY wanted to help others, not because mere charity obligations because of her title. She was a royal who was not embarrassed of showing her true feelings in public and really used her celebrity status to aid many.
Old 01-01-2007, 02:21 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliamontague
Why do you love Diana?
When did it begin?
Do you think she is a myth?
I was 6 when Diana married Charles. My mom says we got up early to watch it on tv but I don't really remember it. For me it seemed like Diana had the fairytale come true. But then reality set in, and everything was far from perfect. I love Diaana because she made the best of a bad situation. I think since her death, she has become mythical. People only remember the good in her, and overlook the bad - which is how we all should hope to be remembered!
Old 01-02-2007, 03:56 PM
Commoner

hmm, yep that's a good question.

To be quite honest, i have no idea why or how come i started to love Diana, whether it was just how she looked, whether it was how she acted, whether it was how i felt sorry for her, i don't know. She just seemed that typical fairy-type princess that you can only get one of, she was a legend of the royal family. I know maybe she wasn't popular with the actual family but the public just loved her. She just seemed to care about the poor and less well off than others when nobody else would care. It's like she wanted to let them in poverty know that someone, but not a normal somebody, a princess, actually cared about them. Maybe it was that.
Well actually, i'm really quite young and don't know everything about her and i was actually very young only when she DIED! My family have a good collection of Diana goods and i just kept asking questions about her to them and they kinda filled me in on a lot of it and when i heard about how Charles and Camilla were getting married, i was pretty mad (can't say i'm not from this day lol) I mean, with all the good things i'd heard of her from other people and how much they loved her.
Naa, i don't think she'll be remembered as a myth... but as a legend in the people/public's hearts.

Oh and hiya, lol i'm new here and very young so please be nice lol. I'm a mad Diana fan!

Tags
diana princess of wales, princess diana