The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 04:53 AM
Commoner

I have been a huge fan of Diana's since I was a little girl. All girls want to be princess'. She was a wonderful human being. When she talked the world listened. She cared about her causes. She did lead with her heart and that made all the difference in the world. She was also a wonderful mother . I don't think that Diana was a myth. Her legacy will go on forever.

Old 03-06-2006, 11:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhenae
I have been a huge fan of Diana's since I was a little girl. All girls want to be princess'. She was a wonderful human being. When she talked the world listened. She cared about her causes. She did lead with her heart and that made all the difference in the world. She was also a wonderful mother . I don't think that Diana was a myth. Her legacy will go on forever.
yeah, you're right, her legacy is with us ever..

Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 03-06-2006, 11:58 AM
Nobility

I think that any one that watched that WEDDING became a fan. I remember that our TV went out just before the wedding started. My mother, grandmother and myself got into the car and drove over to my aunts home. We planted our backsides on the floor and would not leave. I still remember thinking how lucky she was, and how happy they were. I watched a prince william was born, I watched a prince harry was born, I watched when she died. She was apart of our lives. We all watched like she was some distance family member. I now hope that she is in peace and can finally rest. And, We should let her. We owe her that!!!
Old 03-16-2006, 03:46 AM

Diana - A TRUE Royal Princess

Diana was every inch a royal princess...it's a shame the family she married into -esp. her husband- seem mundane and UNroyal in comparison in all the truly important areas of life - leadership - and compassion. Unlike Prince Charles who seems to care only about himself and what HE wants - regardless of what his actions and attitudes will do to the Monarchy and his nation, Diana set aside her personal problems and desires in order to reach out to people in need - espeically ones who could not defend or speak up for themselves.

Charles on the other hand whines about his imagined woes and sorrows and whenever something goes wrong - he immediately points fingers of blame at Diana for everything gone amuck in his life, instead of taking responsibility for his actions and attitudes. He could have been an incredibly wonderful Royal Leader -but his petty jealousy and his disloyalty to both his wife as well as his family and nation has ruined him and has only shown him up to be the spineless ninny that he really is..

Diana - who only wanted to be his wife, the mother of their children, and to be his partner both in private and in public - found herself trapped in a nightmare of a marriage to a man who never loved her, even though in the beginning she loved and adored him. He betrayed and humiliated her in every way - going so far as to flaunt his Mistress in front of her every chance he got (because he was jealous of her popularity with his people)...

BUT even when her private life was horrendous, and at it's absolute worst, Diana still went about her royal duties with a fortitude of grace and courage that won her the respect of her nation and the world. And her sincere caring and concern for people - no matter what their station or status or age or religion or race or state of health or living condition was - is what truly set her apart from most of the other British royals (esp. Charles) and this earned her a place in the hearts and lives of literally millions of people around the world.

Prince Charles and many in his family could learn many a lessons from Diana about what it means to be a TRUE ROYAL LEADER. While he and his family were born into Royalty - Diana EARNED her Royal Status because she dared to care about and crusade for the welfare and lives of the common man, woman, and child in every walk of life - in every part of the world...

And so while Diana was officially stripped of HRH status, at the Royal Family's command when she and Charles divorced - in the hearts of the people of her nation and in the nations around the world Diana was and will forever always be - Her Royal Highness, Diana - Princess of Wales because she proved to be every inch a Royal Princess in all the areas which count when she lived.

Kathy
Old 03-16-2006, 04:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattykathy
Diana was every inch a royal princess... Kathy
Agree with that one, she was a great princess.
Quote:
it's a shame the family she married into -esp. her husband- seem mundane and UNroyal in comparison in all the truly important areas of life - leadership - and compassion. Unlike Prince Charles who seems to care only about himself and what HE wants... Kathy
Definetely can't agree with this one. The British Royal Family does a great job for the country. And especially Prince Charles. He not only cares about the others, his charity organizations, prticularly the Prince's Trust, are one of the most successful in the UK. He helped and helps so many people! He is full of compassion.
Quote:
Charles on the other hand whines about his imagined woes and sorrows and whenever something goes wrong - he immediately points fingers of blame at Diana for everything gone amuck in his life, instead of taking responsibility for his actions and attitudes. Kathy
He NEVER, NEVER blamed Diana for anything. He NEVER spoke a single bad word about her. Whenever he spoke of her, he praised her. It's was Diana, who blamed Charles for everythig.

Quote:
He could have been an incredibly wonderful Royal Leader -but his petty jealousy and his disloyalty to both his wife as well as his family and nation has ruined him and has only shown him up to be the spineless ninny that he really is... Kathy
I don't accept cheating but please, remember that Diana cheated herself. Charles was always loyal to his sons, was and is a wonderful father. And he is certainly devoted to his country!

Quote:
Diana - who only wanted to be his wife, the mother of their children, and to be his partner both in private and in public - found herself trapped in a nightmare of a marriage to a man who never loved her, even though in the beginning she loved and adored him. He betrayed and humiliated her in every way - going so far as to flaunt his Mistress in front of her every chance he got (because he was jealous of her popularity with his people)... Kathy
It is my belief, though I may be wrong, that Charles did love Diana when they married. But they were too different. The marriage simply did not work and it was neither Charles's nor Diana's fault. They BOTH had their share of responsibility. What about your word about the Duchess of Cornwall, then Camilla Parker-Bowles, I don't even want to answer them because they are simply not true.

Quote:
BUT even when her private life was horrendous, and at it's absolute worst, Diana still went about her royal duties with a fortitude of grace and courage that won her the respect of her nation and the world. And her sincere caring and concern for people - no matter what their station or status or age or religion or race or state of health or living condition was - is what truly set her apart from most of the other British royals (esp. Charles) and this earned her a place in the hearts and lives of literally millions of people around the world. Kathy
I agree that Diana did a wonderful job, she must be praised for her charity work and her caring to human beings. And yes, she will stay in the hearts of millions of people, including mine. However saying that Prince Charles and the members of the British Royal Famaily do not care for people is another false statement. They DO care and they show it everyday with the work they are doing. Only someone, who does not know Prince Charles and the huge work he is doing for his country, can blame him for being indifferent!

Quote:
Prince Charles and many in his family could learn many a lessons from Diana about what it means to be a TRUE ROYAL LEADER. While he and his family were born into Royalty - Diana EARNED her Royal Status because she dared to care about and crusade for the welfare and lives of the common man, woman, and child in every walk of life - in every part of the world... Kathy
No comments.

Quote:
And so while Diana was officially stripped of HRH status, at the Royal Family's command when she and Charles divorced - in the hearts of the people of her nation and in the nations around the world Diana was and will forever always be - Her Royal Highness, Diana - Princess of Wales because she proved to be every inch a Royal Princess in all the areas which count when she lived. Kathy
Diana was devirved of her HRH title (though still remaining the Princess of Wales) because she was no longer the wife of the Prince of Wales and was not a Royal. I assume she would be given some title of her own, when Prince William would be the Prince of Wales and then King. However she did not have the right of HRH title from the moment of divorce.
Don't blame Charles and the Royal Fmaily for every single msfortune in Diana's life. She bore responcibility for her actions and for their results. She was a magnificent woman, helped many people around the world, but she was no saint.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 03-21-2006, 02:12 PM
Aristocracy

i don't like her. she admitted on tape she pushed her stepmom down the stairs because she didn't say hi to her real mom at some event. i think she's a borderline drama queen.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:48 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhenae
I can make mine Rhenae's opinion about Diana. She was a LADY by title and by heart.

However, my love for Diana would not make me blind about her faults (yes...not being a saint she have lots of faults ) and I would not hate Charles , Camilla and the Queen only for I like her. Charles is a nice guy too, and Camilla seems to be a good person. The trouble with Charles and Diana was not that Charles was bad and Diana was good, not the opposite (reality is not so simple like that)...The problem was only that they couldn't get along as husband and wife...People wanted it, but real life doesn't.

Vanesa.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:04 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsieh
i don't like her. she admitted on tape she pushed her stepmom down the stairs because she didn't say hi to her real mom at some event. i think she's a borderline drama queen.
She was borderline insane.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:12 AM
Commoner

What people really don't think about is the really bad social prejudice in the early 1980s of AIDS in Britain. Which I think Diana was one of the main forces behind defecting this prejudice.

There were many cases of people who if their neighbours found out they had AIDS they tell everyone in their area about that person and that person would be cut off from the community.This was because of the fear of getting AIDS, some people would do worst and try to hurt anyone who had AIDS.

Diana not only brought these people out the shadows of society, but give them a human voice in the press, who up till then, had only covered HIV and AIDS as sex and drugs horror stories not bothering about the suffering of those who got it.
I believe Diana's involvement in AIDS opened the way for more people in the celebrity world and people with AIDS to speak out as human beings rather than objects of fear and possibly hate.

Sorry to go on and on!! But this is how I became a Diana fan. I'm only 17 but a few years ago I was watching a documentary on aids in Britain and a man was being interview about his meeting with princess Diana.

He said he was too scared to appear with her before the world media so she meet him privately away from the cameras and she chatted to him and 8 other people who were to afraid to be seen by the world.

The man in the interview said the best part of the visit was when Diana kissed him and the 8 others good bye and he started crying during the interview but he smiled through his tears

I mean!! you can't get better than can you!!
Old 03-24-2006, 11:33 AM
Nobility

As a child in the 80's Diana was a fairytale come to life for me. She looked every inch the princess and her gowns and jewels were such a joy to behold. She is so much a part of my childhood and essentially that part of her was a myth. Looking back now, I think we know too much about her and that ruined the fairytale.

It has been said that Royalty in general did itself a dis-service by allowing so much of their personal lives to become public. They lost the element of mystique and myth. It is sad that this happened to Diana who brought so much joy to so many lives by her good works. We did not need to know the rest.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:34 PM
Gentry

I remember watching the news one night. This was before the wedding. Living in Canada I am sure we did not have the speculation coverage that was circulating in England.

I don't think I even knew that much about the Royal Family except that HM was our money.

And then it happened. Prince Charles and Lady Di came on the news. I was captivated. I was captivated til her death. It still makes me cry.

Why did I love her. A stranger? No idea and no explanation. But I always will.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:44 PM
Royal Highness

in the beginning i was just amazed that this girl came from out of nowhere (at least it seemed that way to me) and became a princess. it gave hope to all of us that dreamed of being princesses...after that...well, i was hooked. she was beautiful, and how could you not love her!
Old 03-24-2006, 08:52 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess
how could you not love her!

quite easily - I never did even from before the wedding.

She seemed so totally unsuitable to be marrying Charles and I was never taken in by the 'shy Di' look. That seemed to me at the time and even more so since to be the look of a sneak. It is how many sneaky kids look at me now when I catch then doing something they know they shouldn't be doing. She knew exactly what she was doing and knew the rules of upper class marriages - she had lived through her parents breakdown and would have to have been really stupid not to have known what the situation was.

I have never believed the naive, innocent girl duped by the older prince. She knew what to expect and part way through decided to change the rules of the game.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:05 PM
Commoner

I agree with everything that Kathy wrote. In my opinion Diana did everything that the Royals wanted and they never once said well done. She was only 20 and they should have taken her in and showing her the ropes, but like Diana said she was a lamb to the slaughter. I personally don't think that Charles ever loved Diana. He said whatever love means. To a 19 year old girl that would be the most awful thing to hear. Diana will always be the People's Princess to me and to a whole lot of other people to .
Old 03-24-2006, 09:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

I liked her, didnt love her, but I liked her. She was a pretty princess and was glamorous and a celebrity. She was a good mother and helped a lot of people. But, I never fell for the innocent shy facade. She refused help when it was offered. Charles is reserved about his feelings like the upperclass are and dont reveal them. Shame but that is what they believe. Diana was potrayed as bigger than life. What every women wanted to be and what every man wanted to be with. She was an icon of that time. She had appeal.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:26 PM
Serene Highness

The latest issue of "People" features Diana on the cover and talks about "Shocking New Evidence" regarding her death and "why the British government can't close their case." It discusses why P Diana's body was almost immediately embalmed and the fact that this is against French law and the fact no one will disclose who ordered it. I wonder if we'll ever get a definitive answer on what happened. The fact she wrote a note 10 months before her death about how "someone was planning to kill her in a car crash with a massive head injury" is either incredibly coincidental or .....I don't quite know what to call it. You'd think this matter would've been laid to rest years ago......
Old 03-24-2006, 09:33 PM
Courtier

When she first came on to the scene, I adored her. I liked her because she was technically a commoner (although an aristocrat) marrying royalty. She wore the "princess dresses', tiara, the whole bit." I liked how she was an affectionate mother to her children and how she dealt with people. Towards the late 80's, she felt that she was the heir, started believing her press. I have a problem with people that manipulate others into feeling sorry for poor me. I was definitely on her side, esp. with the whole Camilla thing. But when her infidelities became know, my admiration lessen. She loss me when she went public and aired her laundry; actually her and Charles. That tit for tat was childish. I still love her fashion, and she has wonderful sons and I do feel that she was mistreated,but I realize that she was not the victim that she wanted the world to be. But I still like her. I actually felt sorry for her that she would need validation from others the way that she did.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:44 AM
Commoner

I am not condoning adultry, but when your husband is in love with someone else I think that it would be hard to stay faithful to him while he is carrying on his affair. I admired Diana more when she came out and talked about her problems. She was only human and I think that some people wanted to make her perfect while she herself said that she would make many mistakes. I am a huge Diana fan, but I have never said that she was/is perfect because no one is on this earth. As for one of the other comments about Diana being insane there is no way that she was insane. That is what the men in gray want everyone to believe. We need to respect William and Harry too and they would be so upset knowing that people say this about their beloved Mummy.
Old 03-25-2006, 02:57 AM
Aristocracy

I loved Di because of her clothes. Even to this day, I am still fascinated by her fashion.

I did not watch the wedding but my first knowledge of her was the book Princess by Robert Lacey. I remember the picture of her holding the children at the school. I thought she was so beautiful and elegant and from that point on, I read everything I could find about her. I used to dream of walking into a room with books and books about her. I nearly worshipped the girl!

I still miss her, although I am not blind to her problems. Wouldn't it have been awesome if the marriage had worked and they were celebrating their 25 wedding anniversary? I wonder what she would have worn. I would imagine, and this is definitely only an opinion, that even though she was older than the new Princesses, that she would put them all to shame when she appeared at the weddings.

I think that she created a standard that will not be reached for a long time. I enjoy reading about the new girls, but Di is still my pick of them all.

Just my opinion, of course!:p
Old 03-28-2006, 12:25 PM

I liked Diana because she was human. She wasn't perfect but she never pretended to be. In the words of Evita (not that I'm comparing them. I mean the musical "Better to win by admitting my sin than to lose with a halo". That's her appeal to me. And she was so compassionate and she loved her family (not that Charles doesn't or is cold). And she was beautiful both in and out. Let's not get all judgmental about people. Charles, Diana or Camilla. Let's look at them as human beings

I remember when Diana died, and I watched the funeral and was almost in tears at the end of candle in the wind and her brothers' speech

Tags
diana princess of wales, princess diana