The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 09:46 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
The ones we've heard about because relatives and staff have talked about them are obviously not secret now. However, we know about them because relatives and staff talked about them, not because the press was along. If you want to conclude that relatives and staff of all the people she visited have talked about it, and that she made sure that they would talk about it, that's up to you, of course. But I don't see any particular basis for that conclusion.
Well, hmmm...if I were the most photographed and famous woman on the planet and I paid an unexpected visit to you in hospital, well YES, I would assume you would talk about it! It is ONLY logical.

Old 02-17-2006, 09:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

I don't think anybody's saying that Diana didn't sneak into the hospital to visit Dr Khan. I think Corazon's trying to say that that isn't the only reason she visited hospitals.

Old 02-17-2006, 09:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

the doctor thet we are talking about is Hasnat Khan?
if this way diana meet him in 1996 and she do visits to hospitals many time before, especially in 80 years.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 02-17-2006, 09:51 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I don't think anybody's saying that Diana didn't sneak into the hospital to visit Dr Khan. I think Corazon's trying to say that that isn't the only reason she visited hospitals.
And the point that I am trying to make that is supported by interviews with so many of those she called 5-6 times a day, she rarely did ANYTHING without weighing the effect on her public image, what the press would write, who would photograph it, the spin factor, etc! She was self-obsessed-even her biggest fans must admit this.
Old 02-17-2006, 09:52 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon
the doctor thet we are talking about is Hasnat Khan?
if this way diana meet him in 1996 and she do visits to hospitals many time before, especially in 80 years.
I mean the so-called "secret" visits-please name your source for the "secret" visits and when they occured.
Old 02-17-2006, 09:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

morton book, diana: her true story, and burrel book a royal duty.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 02-17-2006, 10:00 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon
morton book, diana: her true story, and burrel book a royal duty.
Hmmmmm...since Diana:Her True Story was spoon fed to him by Diana, is that the best source for her sister of mercy secret acts of kindness? And how would Burrell know what she did when he was working elsewhere? He only worked for her towards the end of her life-before he was with Charles or the Queen. Burrell writes of her passing out coats to hookers-that is what he witnessed.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakodas
Hmmmmm...since Diana:Her True Story was spoon fed to him by Diana, is that the best source for her sister of mercy secret acts of kindness? And how would Burrell know what she did when he was working elsewhere? He only worked for her towards the end of her life-before he was with Charles or the Queen. Burrell writes of her passing out coats to hookers-that is what he witnessed.
the diana visit to hospitals ( no officials visits) not was only the night and not anyway were secrets, this visit were out of agenda.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 02-17-2006, 10:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
And the point that I am trying to make that is supported by interviews with so many of those she called 5-6 times a day, she rarely did ANYTHING without weighing the effect on her public image, what the press would write, who would photograph it, the spin factor, etc! She was self-obsessed-even her biggest fans must admit this.
I think anyone who has observed the Diana phenomenon with eyes wide open would agree she was manipulative, self-obsessed, demanding, and probably draining. But just as we object to her being portayed as a latter-day Mother Teresa, we shouldn't take the opposite angle and write her off completely.

Maybe what makes her both fascinating and flawed is that she did connect with people, she did care, she did do "good works". Yes, she did do little stage-managed performances, but she also did the private visits, turning up unannounced. No doubt like the rest of her, her motivations were "complicated" (as Queen Elizabeth once allegedly described her).

While we may resent the attempted hagiography, we should acknowledge the good Diana did achieve.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

all the royals (british and others) one time or another do something stage-managed performances things, like Warren said, not for be manipulating people, some times is necessary for the royal family image etc, it depends of the moment.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 02-18-2006, 02:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Well, hmmm...if I were the most photographed and famous woman on the planet and I paid an unexpected visit to you in hospital, well YES, I would assume you would talk about it! It is ONLY logical.
It's amazing that so many people say that she visited them on secret visits, none of them are able to offer proof and if they were all checked, we would probably find, she wasn't even in the country for most of them. Yes Elspeth, a lot of them do lie, why is beyond me.
Old 02-18-2006, 02:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Maybe they do, but this is beginning to look suspiciously like trying to prove a universal negative. At the moment we've pretty much got to the point of saying that these visits were all fictitious and anyway she was just visiting her boyfriend. And that if anyone said she'd visited them or a family member, they're lying about it and it didn't happen and she only did it for the publicity anyway. Which begins to look like mutually exclusive scenarios.

Is it really so extremely impossible to believe that a person who was so drawn to suffering people and who needed very deeply to give and receive comfort would occasionally go back to a hospital she'd visited officially for a quiet unofficial visit, or would take time out from visiting friends in hospital (such as the one who was dying of AIDS) to pop her head round someone else's door?
Old 02-18-2006, 11:04 PM
Royal Highness

The Diana that I have read about did unexpected hospital visits before she meet her boyfriend doctor. She use to take William and Harry around with her to meet patients and the homeless. Also Diana had a lot of lonely nights on her hands and I believe she went out at night to hospitals
to feel less lonely. She is gone now so let her rest in peace.:)
Old 02-18-2006, 11:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

true, diana visit homless, that is absolutly true.
william said it in a interview.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 02-18-2006, 11:13 PM
Serene Highness

because her public life seem like a storybook and she was so beautiful
Old 02-19-2006, 12:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea
The Diana that I have read about did unexpected hospital visits before she meet her boyfriend doctor. She use to take William and Harry around with her to meet patients and the homeless. Also Diana had a lot of lonely nights on her hands and I believe she went out at night to hospitals
to feel less lonely. She is gone now so let her rest in peace.:)
i would agree with you but she is Princess! she can meet any people who is homeless and also bring the BOYS! and no approve by the HM Queen for permission with Diana of engagement in the public.

but i would agree with corazon but when Wills was little boys and Diana took him to meet homeless and dont fun with the homeless its really disappointment but i dont think HM Queen would give permission of Diana took Wills and Harry to meet homeless heck no!
Old 02-19-2006, 06:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Maybe they do, but this is beginning to look suspiciously like trying to prove a universal negative. At the moment we've pretty much got to the point of saying that these visits were all fictitious and anyway she was just visiting her boyfriend. And that if anyone said she'd visited them or a family member, they're lying about it and it didn't happen and she only did it for the publicity anyway.
I didn't say all of them were lying but, if you add up the amount of people who say she visited them secretly, she wouldn't have had time for anything else in her life at all.
She did allow it to be thought that her visits to the hospital were to see patients rather than Khan. I also think publicity played a massive part in the visits as well.
She did go and see the homeless with the boys but, why???? Did it get them so much publicity they were housed, unlikely! However this is a 'why did you like Di thread, I didn't so I shouldn't be on here!
Old 02-22-2006, 09:47 PM
Aristocracy

She was really kind women.... even she was a big shot around the world... she never let her inocent go.....
Old 02-26-2006, 05:57 PM
Commoner

She was an honest person, with herself and with the people.
She was also the best dressed royal, elegant and glamorous.
She was my favourite royal. I miss her.
Old 02-26-2006, 07:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

you don't are the unique, you can be sure about that

-www.theroyalist.net-
Closed Thread

Tags
diana princess of wales, princess diana