Why do you like Diana?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it true that princess Diana is forgotten in england?? Someone of Belgium which lives now in england has that set?? is that true??

I loved Diana and always will. I don't think she was perfect, I just love her with all her faults. I started admiring her in 1996, though I have heard of her before (my Mom and Aunt are great Diana fans and I think Mom named me after her, though she denies it). Why did I love her? Can't say, maybe because we had the same name, becaue she was beautiful, elegant, used her influence for good causes like the problem of mines, etc... Do I love her now> Certainly I do. And will not stop admiring her ever because I am constant in all my feelings. Is she a myth? Perhaps, in a way she is. She is a myth created by media and people and herself. And she is a myth that will survive ages.

And Dianafan, I don't think she is forgotten in England. Two of my best friends live in England (they are Brits) so I think my view is more or less right. People in England just understood that she is death and life goes on. They will never forget her (my opinion only). But they are used now to Camilla and understand that she is the one Prince Charles is happy with and after all, he is their Prince, whom they wish to be happy (a desire I rorally share).

dianafan said:
Is it true that princess Diana is forgotten in england?? Someone of Belgium which lives now in england has that set?? is that true??

for me is true, sad but true.

I forget, nice to see again, dianafan ;) :D

I will never forget Diana solang I live!
corazon, A happy newyear to you!

of course, we never forget diana!
happy year for you too!;)

I dont think Diana is forgoten in England but they have moved on and I dont think they care much for the drama of the olden days. Diana maybe forgoten in the sense that she is not as valuable in england anymore as she is in America and other places in the world. There isnt much of an obsession.

I think anyone will forget Diana, even the ones who don't like her. She had such charisma! When I say to someone "The day Diana died..." , everyone knows imeadiatly about what Diana am I talking about! :) I think this happend all over the world.

Always admired Princess Diana..she was such a wonderful woman and princess and I wont forget how her dead affected myself...I prayed for her soul...and Im sure she will be the Queen of Hearts forever :)

I agrre with you both! diana will be forover in the heart of the people relly love her.

I can't explain why I do like Diana, I just do from the first time I have seen her on tv, I just was 11 years old and she touched, but don't ask me why.......

We will never forget Diana!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My reasons for liking her

Her childlike ways when everyone was introduced to her. & To see her grow into a Woman who refused to be stuffed into an Box void of emotions. She loved people & was proud to show it. & the world fell in love with her because she did have so much love in her heart.

But, her maturing over the years & her setting her own standards after the Smear campaign started by the royal family after the split. & Not letting it get her down.

But, I think that so much of what she was is still so much pressed into the boys. They too want to keep it real & Be Real people not just titles. they I do believe that they do really care about people like their mother did.

& I Do believe that once they get this army stuff ouf of the way. That they will pick up where there mother left off. Unless charles thinks that they would over shadowing him & nip it in the bud. Because probably by that time Charles may be King. I remember the mess that when on with Charles PR person & Prince Edward trying to make Edward look bad in the public's eye.

But, Diana with her faults( we all have them) you have to love her for what she did for other.

She does touches people's hearts.

God Bless this woman

Anyone here knows on the progress of the new statue made about her? I still can't believe that her memorial fountain was such a disaster, not to mention plain ugly! I'll rather support the statue project since is more of a realistic sculpture.

I was looking at old Royalty magazines today and I realized. I really really miss Diana. I can't help thinking about what she would be doing if she were alive today.

She was taken from this world too soon. She hadn't really had the chance to enjoy the new-found freedom that she hadn't had since before she married into the royal family. Plus, she didn't get to see how well her children grew up and are becoming good men.

I guess I liked and admired Diana for her flaws as well as for her virtues. She was a tragic figure who by publicizing her problems made herself appear like the average person. Everyone had problems and she showed that she wasn't above the public but was also one of them. She really was like a breath of fresh air, someone belonging to an untouchable institution who suddenly became within arms reach.

I genuinely believe that her humanitarian works came from her heart and not for the PR publicity. Reports are only surfacing now that she would make secret visits to hospitals and various places to meet the sick and in need. Those kinds of actions don't sound like the actions of someone who just does them for publicity.

She had so much love to give, as you can see from her interactions with her sons, and she was spreading as much love as she could to those who were less fortunate and those who needed love the most. I think that aspect of her is what will remain in the hearts and minds of all those people she physically and emotionally touched. The tragedy is that I think she was so desperate for love and yet she couldn't really fully appreciate the love that millions of others were giving her. At least now, her legacy lives on with her sons who the world watches like guardians, watching from afar, ready to defend their lives and interests in tha manner that wasn't done for their mother. It's actually very endearing to see and I'm sure Diana would approve of how her sons' privacies are more protected now than they would have been before.

She was never afraid to leave her comfort zone to comfort people in pain. Also, she was looking so beautiful, I can only imagine what she would have started wearing!

I liked Diana because she was against the hunt.

she was the fashion queen and a princes of human kind. i like her since her marriage with charles. very sadly she is gone.

Moonlightrhapsody said:
I genuinely believe that her humanitarian works came from her heart and not for the PR publicity. Reports are only surfacing now that she would make secret visits to hospitals and various places to meet the sick and in need. Those kinds of actions don't sound like the actions of someone who just does them for publicity.
This is simply not true. That she went at night to hospitals to visit the sick has been printed many places for MANY years. What is interesting is that many of her visits were likely to visit the doctor she was having an affair with-helping the sick was a cover for one of her numerous infidelities.

dakodas said:
This is simply not true. That she went at night to hospitals to visit the sick has been printed many places for MANY years. What is interesting is that many of her visits were likely to visit the doctor she was having an affair with-helping the sick was a cover for one of her numerous infidelities.

what is your source for said that?
we need to prove with a source when we said like yousaid.
if not, is a romuor not a fact, diana visit hospital some night, that is a fact (like william some weeks ago, we can see photos)

Moonlightrhapsody said:
She was taken from this world too soon. She hadn't really had the chance to enjoy the new-found freedom that she hadn't had since before she married into the royal family. Plus, she didn't get to see how well her children grew up and are becoming good men.

I guess I liked and admired Diana for her flaws as well as for her virtues. She was a tragic figure who by publicizing her problems made herself appear like the average person. Everyone had problems and she showed that she wasn't above the public but was also one of them. She really was like a breath of fresh air, someone belonging to an untouchable institution who suddenly became within arms reach.

She had so much love to give, as you can see from her interactions with her sons, and she was spreading as much love as she could to those who were less fortunate and those who needed love the most. I think that aspect of her is what will remain in the hearts and minds of all those people she physically and emotionally touched. The tragedy is that I think she was so desperate for love and yet she couldn't really fully appreciate the love that millions of others were giving her. At least now, her legacy lives on with her sons who the world watches like guardians, watching from afar, ready to defend their lives and interests in tha manner that wasn't done for their mother. It's actually very endearing to see and I'm sure Diana would approve of how her sons' privacies are more protected now than they would have been before.

very true, is sad than many people not understood to diana.
especially the british media, many times the media was very cruel with her.

corazon said:
what is your source for said that?
we need to prove with a source when we said like yousaid.
if not, is a romuor not a fact, diana visit hospital some night, that is a fact (like william some weeks ago, we can see photos)
My source is Andrew Morton who is at least as reliable as NO source, which was given for the statement that we are just now finding out about her hospital visits.

dakodas said:

That might be the case if the only places she visited were the ones where he worked, and the only people she visited were cardiac patients. From some of the anecdotes that have surfaced over the years, that doesn't seem to be the case. I suppose it's possible that a lot of people are independently lying, but the conclusion that some of these trips actually happened is a more likely one.

She had a driving need to feel loved and needed and to give and receive comfort; visiting sick people in hospital and comforting them and their relatives would be a perfectly natural outlet.

dakodas said:
My source is Andrew Morton who is at least as reliable as NO source, which was given for the statement that we are just now finding out about her hospital visits.

i know this is off topic but in which book morton said this? her true story, her new life or in persuif of love?

Elspeth said:
That might be the case if the only places she visited were the ones where he worked, and the only people she visited were cardiac patients. From some of the anecdotes that have surfaced over the years, that doesn't seem to be the case. I suppose it's possible that a lot of people are independently lying, but the conclusion that some of these trips actually happened is a more likely one.

She had a driving need to feel loved and needed and to give and receive comfort; visiting sick people in hospital and comforting them and their relatives would be a perfectly natural outlet.
Well, as you have proven, these were not "secret" visits then were they?

corazon said:
i know this is off topic but in which book morton said this? her true story, her new life or in persuif of love?
In Pursuit of Love. Have you read it?

diana visit patients with aids and kids with cancer too.
thanks elspeth.

dakodas said:
In Pursuit of Love. Have you read it?
of course, i read all the morton books.

dakodas said:
Well, as you have proven, these were not "secret" visits then were they?

The ones we've heard about because relatives and staff have talked about them are obviously not secret now. However, we know about them because relatives and staff talked about them, not because the press was along. If you want to conclude that relatives and staff of all the people she visited have talked about it, and that she made sure that they would talk about it, that's up to you, of course. But I don't see any particular basis for that conclusion.

corazon said:
of course, i read all the morton books.
Hmmmm...perhaps you should reread the parts concerning Diana sneaking to the hospital in the night to see her boyfriend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom