The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 08:02 PM
Nobility

She had so much yet gave so much back. I can't think of anyone in public life who does that now.

Old 10-23-2005, 11:57 PM

I like Diana because it was so easy (effortless, really) to relate to her. Just looking at her, just seeing her, how could anyone not feel that overpowering wave of compassion? As a beauty, she was not perfect, but somehow she was totally amazing, ethereal even. the only person in history who compares to Diana was Jackie. People say, "Oh but Mother Teresa did more, gave up more!" But that is relative! Because MT did not give up HERSELF. Diana was a walking, talking Emotion. Unlike Charles and William, and like Harry, she left herself open and vunerable. That's why I like Diana. because she was real.

Old 10-24-2005, 01:38 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by james
She had so much yet gave so much back. I can't think of anyone in public life who does that now.
And how soon so many people forget and turn their backs on what she achieved. It makes me sick to my stomach.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:16 AM
Serene Highness

One of her major assets, I believe, and totally overlooked and dismissed by the media more often than not, was her intelligence. I think people who like her, sense and understand that this was a person who was so much more than the humble title of her last job before marriage: nanny and kindergarden teacher.

True, she did not have the kind of formal education that is so often confused with real intelligence. But we only need to take one look at her intelligent smile to grok that this was an incredibly smart, street-smart maybe, but smart, charismatic person who understood from the very beginning--even before her engagement-- that if she wanted to accomplish anything within her royal role, she needed the support of the public. And support she got, in spades.

She had a myriad of ways to put people at ease, one of which was being perhaps overly self depricative. This also contributed to perhaps people sometimes thinking she was a bit dim. Which she wasn't.

I think she also genuinely liked people, although the kind of interest in her life became a bit much to bear for her at the end--but that's understandable. I have to say that I lost interest in her a bit after that interview with Bashir, in which she revealed everything and the kitchen sink. (Which I wouldn't have done in her place. that and the fact she said she wanted to be queen of people's hearts. I mean, come on!, what a silly thing to say for a 30-plus year-old professional!)

But besides that comment, in that interview, it was plain for all to view how smart she was: she spoke very very eloquently, and to some that was a bit of a surprise. And now that we have had the opportunity to read some of her correspondence, it again is plain and clear that this was an intelligent, eloquent mind at work. Her writing was just beautiful, she really had a writing style entirely her own.

And of course, it didn't hurt she was tall and pretty, supposedly funny, with a lovely voice, too.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:40 PM
Commoner

Diana was just such a great person.
Even though I never met her I felt as though I knew her. I suppose thats a commonly expressed feeling as she touched the hearts of everyone.

When she died, I told myself that she was in a better place now. With God looking down guiding her two sons through life.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:50 PM
Commoner

Why do you love Diana?
A: Because of her personaly, how she was able to work with everyone very well. She was very resptful towards others. I LOVE HER WORK WITH PEOPLE WHO ARE DISABLE. being learning disable it touch my heart. I love her styles of clothes and her hair. I wish I was good at picking out clothes, like her. Lets what else.....um....I like how she like to be call "queen of hearts" because she was one. I still admier her to this day.

When did it begin?
A: In 1996 a year to the day before she die.

Do you think she is a myth?
A: NO I DO NOT THINK SHE IS A MYTH. SHE WAS SOOOO REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-15-2006, 04:53 PM
Nobility

I remember being 6 when she married and getting up at 4:30 am to watch with my royalist grandmother(God rest her soul). There was something about her and didn't everyone you know what that wedding? It was the start of an obsession that lasted to the end of her life. She was really looking great at the time of her death. I really do wonder what her plans were. I do not think they included marriage to Dodi.
Old 01-15-2006, 05:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

I will posted here and I will have troubles. ha ha. why diana? hmmmm is hard to say.
I was 14 years old when she died, i don't know why but my life change in that moment, I never back to be the same person.
I love diana, noting can change that. She work, the help people, she have troubles, have 2 buatiful sons, and die young, etc etc etc
I want day so many thing about her, but not, some thing are only for myself.
she never will forget, she still is the mother of a future and she will be ever, but she not was another princess in the world, she was the person most photographed in the history. she not was perfect, of course.
for many people she is alive in the heart, her soul is here, with the people that love her.
She was part of monarchy, part of british history, part of the lives the people and instititions she help, i love her because she was a real person, like every of us, she have light.

She have ''angel'' like we said in argentina.
many people does not understand because we love her, and you want that I said the true? I not understand it either ha ha, only love her, is very simple and very comlicated.
she not is a myth, she is real. but in the future I think she will remembered like a myth.
if my post is off of topic, please moderators, delete it.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 01-15-2006, 06:43 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Why do you love Diana?
I like Diana a lot because she was a woman with charisma, kindness and elegance. She was fragile, very unhappy, and rejected by many, but she used all her knowledge about unhappiness to help the Others. She was very pretty, and she had a wonderful style and good taste for cloths. Of course she was not perfect but she is dead now and no matter the mistakes she made she will always be remember as one of the sweetest Princesses Europe had.

When did it begin?
I liked to read about Diana since I was a child. When she came to Portugal I was very little but I remember how much we liked her: funny, elegant, full of life, etc. I just couldn't believe when I knew she was dead. I felt like if I knew her personally.

Do you think she is a myth?
She is a myth. because myths never die. She will always be remember. She had "something" that changed many perople's life. Some call charisma, others call "angel", other call "elán"... I don't know. These kind of persons only appears once in a while, they are special for some reason. Diana was cried by millions all over the world, in all continents, by people of all races and ages, by men and women, children and olders. May she rest in peace, the peace she never had here.
Old 01-19-2006, 01:00 PM
Aristocracy

I have loved Diana since she became engaged to Prince Charles in February 1981 I'm 2 years older than Princess Diana and I have seen the wedding on the television and we thought that it was a fairytale the marriage of the century said them on the television! I find Diana a nice princess with an irradiation them a difficult life have had but nevertheless there always came them on top of!How she handled always children was really beautiful see! She was this way a mother kind always made time for them went always loving with william and Harry for, you saw on the burial of its how its children loved her! People were glad if they considered her each time as Charles and Diana on a visit came people called of near always on her her are able see!
She will comfort people and AIDS broke out then there she will visit people and gave them a hand and even kissed them whereas other people had to there fright of touch people with AIDS! I do not say that she is holy Diana was also but people and had errors also its such as everyone!
I hope that they will forget its never and at me them the princess of the hearts and the princess of the people remains! Sorry for my english I hope that you understand me!
I love princess Diana forever!
Old 01-19-2006, 01:08 PM
Aristocracy

Is it true that princess Diana is forgotten in england?? Someone of Belgium which lives now in england has that set?? is that true??
Old 01-19-2006, 01:23 PM
Heir Apparent

I loved Diana and always will. I don't think she was perfect, I just love her with all her faults. I started admiring her in 1996, though I have heard of her before (my Mom and Aunt are great Diana fans and I think Mom named me after her, though she denies it). Why did I love her? Can't say, maybe because we had the same name, becaue she was beautiful, elegant, used her influence for good causes like the problem of mines, etc... Do I love her now> Certainly I do. And will not stop admiring her ever because I am constant in all my feelings. Is she a myth? Perhaps, in a way she is. She is a myth created by media and people and herself. And she is a myth that will survive ages.

And Dianafan, I don't think she is forgotten in England. Two of my best friends live in England (they are Brits) so I think my view is more or less right. People in England just understood that she is death and life goes on. They will never forget her (my opinion only). But they are used now to Camilla and understand that she is the one Prince Charles is happy with and after all, he is their Prince, whom they wish to be happy (a desire I rorally share).
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 01-19-2006, 01:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianafan
Is it true that princess Diana is forgotten in england?? Someone of Belgium which lives now in england has that set?? is that true??
for me is true, sad but true.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 01-19-2006, 01:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

I forget, nice to see again, dianafan
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 01-19-2006, 01:44 PM
Aristocracy

I will never forget Diana solang I live!
corazon, A happy newyear to you!
Old 01-19-2006, 01:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

of course, we never forget diana!
happy year for you too!
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 01-19-2006, 02:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

I dont think Diana is forgoten in England but they have moved on and I dont think they care much for the drama of the olden days. Diana maybe forgoten in the sense that she is not as valuable in england anymore as she is in America and other places in the world. There isnt much of an obsession.
Old 01-19-2006, 06:16 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

I think anyone will forget Diana, even the ones who don't like her. She had such charisma! When I say to someone "The day Diana died..." , everyone knows imeadiatly about what Diana am I talking about! :) I think this happend all over the world.
Old 01-19-2006, 06:23 PM
Courtier

Always admired Princess Diana..she was such a wonderful woman and princess and I wont forget how her dead affected myself...I prayed for her soul...and Im sure she will be the Queen of Hearts forever :)
Old 01-19-2006, 07:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agrre with you both! diana will be forover in the heart of the people relly love her.

-www.theroyalist.net-
Closed Thread

Tags
diana princess of wales, princess diana