The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 05:50 AM

I love Diana because she was the BEST princess of the World. I will love Diana forever and ever. If you love Diana join us on facebook.
We will love Princess Diana forever and ever | Facebook

Old 05-20-2011, 06:49 AM
Serene Highness

I can list so many things but the most of it, is that even with an unhappy life she was able to share so much joy and bring awareness to causes better than a lot of people who have lived longer than she did.
She really is the reason why I started to pay attention to Royal Families. In the beginning I though she was a saint. Later I found out more and more about her life. But, regardless I will always care for her deeply! sad she went so soon. Thankfully she left 2 wonderful boys and a life that will keep being cherished! When I have my kids, I'll make sure they'll know who she was :)!

There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:12 AM
Heir Apparent

I liked her because,she cared about other people,and worked hard for them
Old 06-24-2011, 10:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Diana will always be loved and sadly missed.She was not an angel,but she introduced something more human in the relations of royalty with public and growing support for charity organizations.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:01 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
Princess Diana will always be loved and sadly missed.She was not an angel,but she introduced something more human in the relations of royalty with public and growing support for charity organizations.
That was beautifully put. I think she raised awareness about issues that causes that were put on the back burner by many people. My reason for admiring her is her devotion to her sons.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:15 PM
Nobility

I liked her because she was someone you could relate to and she dared to be herself. In many respects she was like the dutch CP Maxima (or the other way around). Laughing and crying, not afraid to show emotion when it is called for, without detracting from the respect of the people.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:31 PM
Heir Apparent

[QUOTE=olebabs;1272730]I liked her because she was someone you could relate to and she dared to be herself..[/QUOTE]

You hit the nail on the head. I think that in daring to be herself, given the family she joined took a great amount of courage.
I admired her for the reliability, and the approachability!
Old 06-24-2011, 10:54 PM
Gentry

Diana was so special, one of those people who come along once in a lifetime with that mix of modern celeb savvy and timeless royal grace and beauty. I got into the royals long after she died and see her as a unique and revered icon in the world of royalty, who even in death inspires great admiration.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:30 PM
Serene Highness

I've always liked her. She seemed like a real person, someone that the average person could talk to and feel comfortable around. She was the people's princess for sure. Perhaps it was because she's in the same age group as I am.

In May I saw her clothing exhibit in Kansas City Missouri. After seeing this exhibit, I have even more respect and admiration for her. I thought I knew a lot about her but after seeing this exhibit there were a lot of things about her that I didn't know.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:56 PM
Serene Highness

Although it's commom place to see young Royal women like Beatrice and Kate cuddle kids; share jokes with the public etc it all started with Diana. When she did these things it really was a bit of a revolution and the press and public were gobsmacked. Up until then everything had been really formal and then this 20 year old appeared who was so fresh and new. On top of that the public loved her because this was no shop girl. Lady Diana Spencer came from a grand and aristocratic background so had every right to be as proper and conventional as any Royal, thus the fact that she was so open and friendly endeared her to the public even more. There wasn't a snobbish bone in Diana's body which, bearing in mind who she was, remains a credit to her to this day and I suppose that is why I still like her and always will.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

There was something very vulnerable about Diana.
I believe she was deeply flawed and very damaged, yet she had an appeal, a persona that was quite touching and magnetic.

I felt sorry for her; despite the charm and beauty, she was so unhappy.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:16 PM
Aristocracy

I liked her because she was real, i.e., imperfect like all of us. I think I could relate to her because she had problems and made mistakes like we all do. And although we could see her vulnerability, we could also see her amazing strength and grace. I admired her because she would not live a lie and had the courage, despite damaged self esteem, to stand up for herself against formidable opposition.
Old 11-05-2011, 11:23 PM
Courtier

I like Diana because she is not only beautiful, she is also a kind-hearted person who likes to participate in Charity events, such as helping the poor. And she is a good mother and an elder sister.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:10 PM

I was in just a 7 year old at the time and for some reason me and my twin brother were so grieving when it happened. It's most surprising because in our country normally we are not fans of British royals and i don't remember grieving for any other person that much at all at that age.
I agree to the point Princess diana represented all the good in the world. World was a beautiful place when she was in it. I guess we somehow felt the loss it affected upon the world.
I think that's why people mourn when iconic people die. In our subconscious we know the world is a such a dangerous,horrific place. And these people touched our minds with their lives and gave people hope and made living worthwhile by making the world such a beautiful place.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Commoner

About lady di

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon View Post
hi people, i am back!!!!!!! May only the most old in this forum remember me!!! So many changes here and in the royalty world!!!!
Nataly, i glad to see you here, thanks sooooo much for the wonderful diana pictures!!!!! I so happy to see somebody love diana so much like me!!!!
I hope you can continue post photos for us!!!!

Well, again hi to everyone!

hello,
i just joined the group and i want to say a few words about lady di.
1) childhood
i read a few months ago some information about her. She was very unhappy as a child. She was raised in a wealthy family but as i always say happiness can not be bought.
2) she was very noble, very understanding, she helped many people and she loved children ( just like me by the way).
She used to say " my place is where is pain"
she is called as you know, princess of the hearts.
3) i am amazed from her nobility and i hope that all the royalties follow her example.
I heard once in a movie one expression: " what makes you queen is not the crown on your head but what you have inside (in your heart)"
this is exactly in what i believe too.
She was a queen thanks to what she had inside , her good heart, her care about the people, her wish to help everyone.
4) i am very sorry that someone so amazing like her does not live happily her life now...
Every royalty can take an example from her.
5) in case you do not know she was 1/4 or 1/8 armenian by origin , her grandmother i think was armenian...

Her refined taste about fashion is well known too.

So, i must say she was someone unbelievable.

I love her dresses... Excellent taste , really.
Well this is what royalties are supposed to prove, an excellent taste about everything, not only nobility.

Once again there are a few things one can not buy with money : Health, happiness, love ... The most important , the most precious.
Happiness: One must "fight" for it or just follow his/her heart
true love: Comes once in a lifetime, one must never let it go (if needed people must declare clearly what/who they want... No matter of the circumstances, there is always a way to be with the true love)

i wish everyone all you can not buy with money!
Old 12-12-2011, 02:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Welcome annabella1, I enjoyued reading your thoughts on Lady/Princess Diana. I loved her too, and have missed her since her passing!
Old 12-12-2011, 10:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Armenian? Or do you mean American? Diana's great-grandmother, Frances Work, was from New York. Frances Ellen Work - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[QUOTE=anabella1;1345908
5) in case you do not know she was 1/4 or 1/8 armenian by origin , her grandmother i think was armenian...
[/QUOTE]
Old 12-12-2011, 11:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patra View Post
Welcome annabella1, I enjoyued reading your thoughts on Lady/Princess Diana. I loved her too, and have missed her since her passing!
I missed her every day!! Its so sad so sad, really I loved Diana!
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 12-13-2011, 08:24 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Armenian? Or do you mean American? Diana's great-grandmother, Frances Work, was from New York. Frances Ellen Work - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I MEAN ARMENIAN, I READ THIS SOMEWHERE IN INTERNET...
I AM SURE, BUT MOST PEOPLE DO NOT KNOW IT.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:52 AM
Commoner

question from a new member

hello,
i am a a new member. I would like to ask if you only discuss Royalties in this forum or if you also ask for advice sometimes the other members.

I add that i read about Diana that she loved helping people and i think amongst all the royalties she was the most enganged in charity activities and helping people (she loved children).

So, in this spirit are you like her ?
Do you advise each other if someone shares sth personal? Is this allowed?

thank you in advance

Tags
diana princess of wales, princess diana