When did your opinion of Diana change and why?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

When did your opinion of Diana start to change and why?

• Morton book (1990)

Votes: 25 9.8%
  • War of the Waleses (starting 1990)

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Squidgygate (1992)

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Hewitt affair (1993)

Votes: 17 6.7%
  • Charles' interview (1994)

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • Panorama interview (1995)

Votes: 43 16.9%
  • Phone calls to Oliver Hoare (1994)

Votes: 14 5.5%
  • Dodi al-Fayed (1997)

Votes: 23 9.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 96 37.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think this whole thing of was Diana really the victim is silly, I mean I'll explain why I feel this way. In all honesty we don't know the real story behind what happened in the breakdown of their marriage, all we know is Diana's side of the story and we know Charles side of the story both very different. I just think that they both saw it in a different light,I know from past experiences I've found that my friends see their side of the story very differently then how I do.Now as for who was right who was wrong we'll never know I think it's sorta who you want to beleive you will beleive type of situation there's no real proof in all honesty. And one more thing I don't understand what the car crash and her dying at a young age had to do with her making mistakes in the years before. Car crashes happen simple as that, you can't really protect yourself or prevent it from happening. Sorry if I miss-understood anything but I sorta skimmed through the last few pages really quickly.

:angel: Your words made me feel worthy to almost stay overnight to write a post. I hoped my post was not too long to make your eyes tired. ;) We can prove nothing. However, please don't put it so straight forward. We all know that is the fact, but we just don't want to lose a topic to discuss which can kill our boring time. Right now to post here is my only hobby, because I just hurted my knee and could not do any exercise at all. :bang:

Just want a confirm. So before 1997, this was already well broadcasted. I remembered I watched a BBC program talking about exactly the same history about Al-Frayed. But it was after that accident.

Al-Fayed was notorious in Britain before the accident and that is why so many people were shocked by Diana associating with him so publically.

And one more thing I don't understand what the car crash and her dying at a young age had to do with her making mistakes in the years before. Car crashes happen simple as that, you can't really protect yourself or prevent it from happening. Sorry if I miss-understood anything but I sorta skimmed through the last few pages really quickly.

True car crashes happen, but like most car crashes, it could have easily been prevented. You can protect yourself by making better choices. Drive at a safe speed, especially in a tunnel, wear a seat belt, don't drive after having a nightcap when you thought you were off duty for the night..... etc.
And another lesson: If you find yourself late at night in Paris, at the exceptionally safe Ritz Hotel, and you think it's possible you may be tempted to try outrunning the motorcycle paparazzi, just stay put, sleep cozily in a Ritz room, even if it's not the presidential suite. It's just one night for god's sake. And the next day, you can board that plane back to London and see your family and friends, and, best part, be alive. :angel:

True car crashes happen, but like most car crashes, it could have easily been prevented. You can protect yourself by making better choices. Drive at a safe speed, especially in a tunnel, wear a seat belt, don't drive after having a nightcap when you thought you were off duty for the night..... etc.
And another lesson: If you find yourself late at night in Paris, at the exceptionally safe Ritz Hotel, and you think it's possible you may be tempted to try outrunning the motorcycle paparazzi, just stay put, sleep cozily in a Ritz room, even if it's not the presidential suite. It's just one night for god's sake. And the next day, you can board that plane back to London and see your family and friends, and, best part, be alive. :angel:

That's what I'm thinking, too, basically. But what happened some weeks ago gave me food for thought. My son showed me a short video on Youtube that had been showed to him when he attended the medical education he has at the youth group of the fire brigade he is volonteering at. It shows a group of young people having a couple of drinks in a nightclub with lightshow and loud music, then they walk out and take a car together with one of them the driver. Then an accident happens which the driver survives. He comes out of his shock and hears the others moaning in the back seats. Then the firebrigade comes and cuts him from the car. While being treated he sees how they free his backseat passengers who are heavily wounded and are treated immediately. And then he has to see how they cut his girlfriend from the car, lay her body on the ground and cover her with a white cloth. Then the video ends.

The thing is: the first scene in the club reminded me of my own youth, how carefree we were and how drunken from the atmosphere of the clubs that we went out, got into our cars and drover home still happily ensconed in this atmopshere of lightheartedness. Okay, nothing ever happened to me, but really there had been evenings or nights when I had drunk quite some drinks.

So I can remember how an atmosphere can carry with it, can lead to doing stupid things you normally don't do and I guess that's waht happened that night. Dodi, Diana and Henri Paul obviously were either very tense or full of adrenaline and I recall that picture where Paul looks that way, exited, while Diana is sitting in the back of the car in reverse direction looking out to the back. She couldn't have done that on wearing a seatbelt so she must have at least then opened it to be able to get a better look out into the back. And then it happened. it would explain why she was thrown into the footspace of the back seats when the crash happened.

Skydragon was this person a female or male that Princess Diana treated in a bad manner. Also was this person from Princes Charles camp?:flowers:
Female and it was in the days before there were camps. :flowers:
I think Paul was her friend and loved her very deaply. In the trial he seemed very upset to have to discuss her secrets. I think he wrote the book because he had nothing, he had a family he had to support and that was the only way to make money and survive. The people he worked for (royal family) did not help him. He kept many of Diana's secrets, I don't think he betray her, I think he honored his memory of her.
He had, at that time a very lucrative flower shop, from what I recall. :flowers:
Actually, before Diana's vacation with Al-Fayeds family. We really had little knowledge about them. It was until Diana was on borad with Al-Fayeds familly, the jounalists began to write about them. I guess those jounalists must have made a big effort to find out that information. To be honest, I don't think Diana knew a lot about Al-Fayeds except that he was an old friend of her late father. I thinks now most of us know much more about Al-Fayeds than Diana, with the advantage of hindsight.
The al Fayed family had been in the UK news for a long time before Diana took up with them.
Mohamed 'Al' Fayed: the facts

BBC NEWS | England | Profile: Mohamed Al Fayed

Last edited:
So I can remember how an atmosphere can carry with it, can lead to doing stupid things you normally don't do and I guess that's waht happened that night. Dodi, Diana and Henri Paul obviously were either very tense or full of adrenaline and I recall that picture where Paul looks that way, exited, while Diana is sitting in the back of the car in reverse direction looking out to the back. She couldn't have done that on wearing a seatbelt so she must have at least then opened it to be able to get a better look out into the back. And then it happened. it would explain why she was thrown into the footspace of the back seats when the crash happened.

that is what I thought all the way what happened that night. That is life. Even if that is the only time you didn't wear the seatbell, car accident can happen. Even if we are not drunk, we can be hit by a car from the opposite side drove by a drunk driver.

That's what I'm thinking, too, basically. But what happened some weeks ago gave me food for thought. My son showed me a short video on Youtube that had been showed to him when he attended the medical education he has at the youth group of the fire brigade he is volonteering at. It shows a group of young people having a couple of drinks in a nightclub with lightshow and loud music, then they walk out and take a car together with one of them the driver. Then an accident happens which the driver survives. He comes out of his shock and hears the others moaning in the back seats. Then the firebrigade comes and cuts him from the car. While being treated he sees how they free his backseat passengers who are heavily wounded and are treated immediately. And then he has to see how they cut his girlfriend from the car, lay her body on the ground and cover her with a white cloth. Then the video ends.

The thing is: the first scene in the club reminded me of my own youth, how carefree we were and how drunken from the atmosphere of the clubs that we went out, got into our cars and drover home still happily ensconed in this atmopshere of lightheartedness. Okay, nothing ever happened to me, but really there had been evenings or nights when I had drunk quite some drinks.

Yes, Dodi was a fool, Henri Paul was a fool, and Diana had the misfortune to make these fools her leaders for the night, fools leading fools. Recipe for disaster.

The al Fayed family had been in the UK news for a long time before Diana took up with them.
Mohamed 'Al' Fayed: the facts

BBC NEWS | England | Profile: Mohamed Al Fayed

:bang: It seems I lost this battle. Then I don't understand, if he was so notorious why the late Earl was his friend. And actually Charles has had a polo game with Dodi. Maybe they were not so interested in business stuff? Actually, as I read, the opponent of Al Fayed was almost as notorious as Al Fayed in the business field.

ghost_night554 said:
And one more thing I don't understand what the car crash and her dying at a young age had to do with her making mistakes in the years before. Car crashes happen simple as that, you can't really protect yourself or prevent it from happening. Sorry if I miss-understood anything but I sorta skimmed through the last few pages really quickly.

CasiraghiTrio said:

Yes, that's true and I totally agree with your assessment of all the wrong decisions that took place before that night but I meant more that with Diana's association with the al-Fayed's, this type of scenario was even more likely and it appears that Diana's wish to 'revenge' herself on Charles and Camilla on Camilla's birthday and on Hasnat Khan for dropping her were the only reasons she hooked up with the al-Fayeds. This was an example of a wish to avenge herself causing a poor decision that ultimately cut short her life.

I actually think her biggest problem in the months before she died was not the Royal Family but it was her fame. She was the most famous woman in the world and with the reputation for being the most approachable. That combination put her at risk for the papparazzi and the public to pursue her more aggressively. If the immense fame was worth it, then it was in her best interests to manage that fame to accentuate the advantages of that fame and to minimize the disadvantages. It was also in her best interests to gauge how her fame would affect her relationships and gauge how any new person could be affected by her fame. It was ultimately more productive for her to hook up with people who could handle her fame without losing their head or doing something stupid when things got too dangerous.

Even if the al-Fayed's had been as pure as driven snow, Dodi and his team were ill-equipped to deal with the immense papparazzi invasion and intense scrutiny that being close to Diana's fame provided. Neither Dodi, Trevor Rees-Jones or Henri Paul had been close to anything that resembled Diana-mania before. They did make a lot of bad decisions that night but that was because Diana mania was out of their league. The only person in the car that night who was familiar with Diana-mania was Diana herself. Of course a single woman in a car with three grown men isn't likely to be heard if she tells them they're doing things too dangerously but she could have gauged Dodi's ability to handle such crises before they got in the car. However, I don't think she paid attention to her own safety because she was intent on making Hasnat jealous.

If Diana was going to hook up with Dodi, then I think she would have had to take responsibility for knowing how to manage her fame so that it had as little negative impact on herself and Dodi because she was the only person who was remotely familiar to Diana-mania. However, I think she didn't do so because she didn't see the danger and because she was focused on getting even with C&C and Hasnat Khan. People can only focus on one thing at a time, if one is focused on revenge there are a lot of other dangers that one doesn't see. I think that is another danger of revenge.

I've been away from the forum for a bit, so have just finished catching up by reading the last 10 pages or so of this thread. A few pages back there was a discussion about choosing Diana's engagement ring. From the Morton book Diana Her True Story In Her Own Words her words verbatim as provided to Andrew Morton about choosing the engagement ring:
A briefcase comes along on the pretext that Andrew is getting a signet ring for his 21st birthday and along come these sapphires. I mean nuggets! I suppose I chose it, we all chipped in. The Queen paid for it.

Oh I see ysbel your right, I mean it makes sense that Dodi's family wasn't exactly equipted with the right people to protect Diana because they had never really experienced anything like the fame Diana had at that point.

:angel: Your words made me feel worthy to almost stay overnight to write a post. I hoped my post was not too long to make your eyes tired. ;) We can prove nothing. However, please don't put it so straight forward. We all know that is the fact, but we just don't want to lose a topic to discuss which can kill our boring time. Right now to post here is my only hobby, because I just hurted my knee and could not do any exercise at all. :bang:
I understand what you mean, because it seems like a lot of members rather be delusional to the fact that us stand-byers will never be able to know the truth behind this story. My post wasn't intended to end speculation, by all means you are all entitled to your own guesses about this marriage...But I simply am letting you know that no matter what discussions we will have about this, we'll never be able to change or know the truth

Last edited:
Al-Fayed was notorious in Britain before the accident and that is why so many people were shocked by Diana associating with him so publically.

Australia too, we are great Royal watchers so anything pertaining to them was news, so was well documented here what the Al-Fayeds were or were not up to

. And one more thing I don't understand what the car crash and her dying at a young age had to do with her making mistakes in the years before. Car crashes happen simple as that, you can't really protect yourself or prevent it from happening. Sorry if I miss-understood anything but I sorta skimmed through the last few pages really quickly.

I think she made poor choices which put her in that position. She was with Dodi what her motives were I don't know, revenge or whatever, but she was with him

She wasn't wearing a seat belt and if she was so worried about the Paparazzi the sensible thing would have been to stay at the Ritz for the night

It's all water under the bridge now, regardless the poor woman died far too young and left 2 young boys without their mother

We always assumed it's Diana who was the main commander who orchestrated the whole drama in that summer for her own purpose. But this opinion sounds not so harmonic with the information we have. First when Diana was first on board, Dodi was not among them, it was Al-Fayed who asked his son to join in the mids. Second, later on, Dodi sounded more like the one who made the decision. For example, the phone call between Diana and Burrel showed Diana wanted to go back London but Dodi wanted to go to Paris, and finally Diana followed Dodi. And at that night Diana wanted to stay at Ritz, but Dodi insisted on going back to his appartment. Once again, Diana rendered.
Above all, it seemed to me it was Dodi who crazely courted Diana, rather than Diana seduced him. Just wonder if Dodi didn't pursue Diana, would that kissing pic exist? And we might assumed it was Diana who took the initiative to kiss Dodi. However, just from the picture, we can not tell who was initiative. Actually from some other pictures I did saw Dodi was trying to touch Diana, but I didn't see Diana tried to touch Dodi.
Sure it was normal to ask why Diana allowed Al-Fayed to use her. I agreed Al-Fayed did used Diana, but about Dodi Fayed, I think he was just crazy in love. And Diana may never consider being used, she was just enjoying Dodi's true affection, which she'd always longed for. It didn't mean Diana loved Dodi, but as a woman I understand most woman would be touched by this kind of courting.
There were a lot of conspiracies concerned about the summer romance, mostly because of Al-Fayed's notorious fame. We always try to find reason. But I think when Diana accepted the invitation, it was not her purpose to use it as a revenge. Because at the beginning Dodi was not even in the plan. And I guessed through the whole vacation, Diana was at a passive position. We always asked why Diana made this choice and made that choice, but it was probably just as Diana said, "it was not what I chose, it was chosen for me."

We always assumed it's Diana who was the main commander who orchestrated the whole drama in that summer for her own purpose.

That "we" you refer to does not include me. :lol: I agree that Diana let Dodi call the shots that last night, it probably sounded more romantic. It wasn't wise given her knowledge of how bad the press could get around her and Dodi would not have realized it. But like many women, she deferred to the man in her life on that life instead of making her own decisions. Women often defer to men when they know better and unfortunately they pay the consequences when things go wrong.

But this opinion sounds not so harmonic with the information we have. First when Diana was first on board, Dodi was not among them, it was Al-Fayed who asked his son to join in the mids.

You're probably right about that. The reasons that the people closest to Diana give are that she wanted to knock Camilla's 50th birthday party off of front page and that she wanted to make Hasnat Khan jealous. If she befriended al-Fayed first rather than Dodi, that rather knocks out the idea that she hooked up with the al-Fayeds just to make Hasnat jealous. The idea that she was going to steal Camilla's birthday thunder still could happen if she just showed an open friendship with al-Fayed. He was rather notorious in Britain and a public friendship between al-Fayed and the mother of the future King of England would be perceived as an insult to the British establishment and to the Royal family. Diana's association with Mohammed al-Fayed would get a lot of press even without Dodi in the picture.

That "we" you refer to does not include me. :lol: I agree that Diana let Dodi call the shots that last night, it probably sounded more romantic. It wasn't wise given her knowledge of how bad the press could get around her and Dodi would not have realized it. But like many women, she deferred to the man in her life on that life instead of making her own decisions. Women often defer to men when they know better and unfortunately they pay the consequences when things go wrong.

You're probably right about that. The reasons that the people closest to Diana give are that she wanted to knock Camilla's 50th birthday party off of front page and that she wanted to make Hasnat Khan jealous. If she befriended al-Fayed first rather than Dodi, that rather knocks out the idea that she hooked up with the al-Fayeds just to make Hasnat jealous. The idea that she was going to steal Camilla's birthday thunder still could happen if she just showed an open friendship with al-Fayed. He was rather notorious in Britain and a public friendship between al-Fayed and the mother of the future King of England would be perceived as an insult to the British establishment and to the Royal family. Diana's association with Mohammed al-Fayed would get a lot of press even without Dodi in the picture.

I enjoyed your post, it is sensible. And more important, it showed understanding.

It seemed not wise to accept Al-Fayed's invitation. That would only bring bad press for her, it was obvious. But Diana was a weird person. She seemed had an instinctive favorite for people who were outcasted by the society. I don't mean because of this, she befriended Al-Fayed. But at least Al-Fayed notorious fame would not scare her away.

When she accepted al-Fayed's invitation, she already knew Charles would hold a birthday party for Camilla? Even she knew, this kind of long-term scheming was out of her ability I think.

But it's still possible she wanted to steal Camilla's birthday thunder. Instant wisdom could give her a scheme. I am going to look more picture taken at that summer. If Diana looked just natural in those pictures, I think you are right. But if she looked hidden then probably I am right.

About Dodi, I didn't know too much about him. But I just read something about him in Wikipedia. He seemed did did something in his life. He helped to make some movies and some of them were quite famous. I am afraid people's opinion of him would be biased by his father's bad fame. I've also checked his love history. He didn't have many affairs in his life. Keep in mind that he was a film producer who had so many chances to meet young and beautiful actresses.
Dodi Al-Fayed - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Dodi al-Fayed

Dodi was called away from his fiancee, Kelly by his father after Princess Diana was already on al Fayed's yacht. I think al Fayed wanted Dodi to meet the Princess, but I don't think Diana went on the yacht at first to make Khan jealous. I believe she just wanted a vacation that summer and to steal Camilla's thunder.:flowers:

I read all these recounts of the last months of Diana's life. No one has mentioned that Diana called the paparazzi beforehand so they would capture the kiss between Dodi and her. That doesn't sound like a passive woman to me. She created the frenzy around herself and Dodi by all the romance talks and the engagement rumor. In a way, she killed herself by her own hands.

I agree with ysbel about Diana's vindicative nature. That's one of many unattractive traits of Diana's.

As for her craving for attention and adoration, I read that she's considering to move to New York before her death because she sensed that UK press and the public had become cooler toward her but the New York media and upper crust elite still adored her.

I think Diana may have just been tired of her relationships not working out, why they didn't work out I dunno and maybe that's why she felt she needed revenge. In some way I don't blame her to be honest with you I may have done some of the things she did had I been in the same situation. As for the paparazzi well you know they use you, you use them it works both way unfortunately the game ended tragically.

He was rather notorious in Britain and a public friendship between al-Fayed and the mother of the future King of England would be perceived as an insult to the British establishment and to the Royal family.

Maybe she felt they had something in common. I think Diana realised since her divorce that she was now being ostracised by the society she was born into and where she had held the second highest position due to her marriage and that Al-fayed was treated in much the same way. That could have been a common bond. Because I doubt Diana knew much about the reasons for Al-fayed's notoriety but saw him as a helpfull and generous man who shared some of her interests (eg the ballet) and who had been befriended by her father.

Quite some people said that she was lonely but had no idea how to change that - she realised she could never be again "just Diana", there was always her baggage coming with her and the end of the relationship with Hasnat Khan cemented that belief. I think her trying to hook up with the multi-rich and find a new husband there was one way to solve the situation for her. She couldn't do the Jackie Onassis and start a career in book publishing because she was not educated enough to do so, but she didn't want to sit in her golden cage all the time either. So she got on the boat with humanitarian activities. I somehow have the feeling that Paul Burrell for his own interests tried to keep her to himself as much as he could and thus encouraged her to compartimentalise her friends, to conduct her social life mainly through one-to-one contacts. He as well as the soothsayers used her existing fears for their own ends, I think. They all used that to bond with her, but in effect they robbed her of her own feeling of freedom.

I think Diana had difficulties to fit in with a group of people, she was used and had grown accustomed to being always in the center of interest, so I guess she didn't enjoy houseparties or weekends in the countryside where she was just one of the pack. As we have heard she could be quite difficult when she was not thought of as the first and most important person, so I guess at one point people ceased to invite her as part of a group and either entertained her alone or did not invite her at all.

Great post Jo of Palatine.I agree with much that you express so well.:flowers:

My theory about the Diana/Dodi relationship was perhaps that Diana was thoroughly enjoying a heady teenage summer fling.Lets not forget that when she was a teenager she didn't have those experiences of freedom which is common for many of us.Then aged nineteen,the door was locked and she never had any chance again to experience freedom.All her relationships had to be conducted secretly until her final summer when she apparently adored being free at last.
She was happy and she wanted the world to know it but I believe that it was just a thrilling break for her and she planned to return to her normality having had an exciting summer affair.

I am still distressed about her never getting that chance.:sad:

I read all these recounts of the last months of Diana's life. No one has mentioned that Diana called the paparazzi beforehand so they would capture the kiss between Dodi and her. That doesn't sound like a passive woman to me. She created the frenzy around herself and Dodi by all the romance talks and the engagement rumor. In a way, she killed herself by her own hands.

I agree with ysbel about Diana's vindicative nature. That's one of many unattractive traits of Diana's.

As for her craving for attention and adoration, I read that she's considering to move to New York before her death because she sensed that UK press and the public had become cooler toward her but the New York media and upper crust elite still adored her.
Ahh, that is called 'glossing over the facts'. I have noticed that many people, when 'reminded' of some of the nasty things Diana did to other people and her use of the media, will try to ignore it and if that fails will bring Camilla into the conversation. :rolleyes:
...Because I doubt Diana knew much about the reasons for Al-fayed's notoriety but saw him as a helpfull and generous man who shared some of her interests (eg the ballet) and who had been befriended by her father
I think Diana knew al Fayeds reputation and used the holiday as a snub to the establishment
I think Diana had difficulties to fit in with a group of people, she was used and had grown accustomed to being always in the center of interest, so I guess she didn't enjoy houseparties or weekends in the countryside where she was just one of the pack.
IMO, Diana was never the sort of person who was happy just being a member of a group, before her involvement with Charles. She always struck me as being the type of person who 'encouraged' others in their naughtiness, whilst she stood back, uninvolved and blameless. :eek:

Maybe she felt they had something in common. I think Diana realised since her divorce that she was now being ostracised by the society she was born into and where she had held the second highest position due to her marriage and that Al-fayed was treated in much the same way. That could have been a common bond. Because I doubt Diana knew much about the reasons for Al-fayed's notoriety but saw him as a helpfull and generous man who shared some of her interests (eg the ballet) and who had been befriended by her father.

Quite some people said that she was lonely but had no idea how to change that - she realised she could never be again "just Diana", there was always her baggage coming with her and the end of the relationship with Hasnat Khan cemented that belief. I think her trying to hook up with the multi-rich and find a new husband there was one way to solve the situation for her. She couldn't do the Jackie Onassis and start a career in book publishing because she was not educated enough to do so, but she didn't want to sit in her golden cage all the time either. So she got on the boat with humanitarian activities. I somehow have the feeling that Paul Burrell for his own interests tried to keep her to himself as much as he could and thus encouraged her to compartimentalise her friends, to conduct her social life mainly through one-to-one contacts. He as well as the soothsayers used her existing fears for their own ends, I think. They all used that to bond with her, but in effect they robbed her of her own feeling of freedom.

I think Diana had difficulties to fit in with a group of people, she was used and had grown accustomed to being always in the center of interest, so I guess she didn't enjoy houseparties or weekends in the countryside where she was just one of the pack. As we have heard she could be quite difficult when she was not thought of as the first and most important person, so I guess at one point people ceased to invite her as part of a group and either entertained her alone or did not invite her at all.

Jo-I think your above statement about Princess Diana is very well written and a real insight to what she must have been going through her last year of her life. I really didn't think you liked Princess Diana, but what you have written above shows me a very balanced view about her.:flowers::flowers:

I think Diana may have just been tired of her relationships not working out, why they didn't work out I dunno and maybe that's why she felt she needed revenge. In some way I don't blame her to be honest with you I may have done some of the things she did .

Outside of the Diana discussions, I have never seen so many people who were so sympathetic and understanding of revenge. And these people say they would do the same vengeful things too.

I can understand people relating to Diana's compassionate nature, her need to help but when people relate sympathetically to her need for revenge and say that they would do the same, that always gives me pause.

If someone has the capacity for revenge that Diana had, I would stay far away from them. Its not worth it.

Outside of the Diana discussions, I have never seen so many people who were so sympathetic and understanding of revenge. And these people say they would do the same vengeful things too.

I can understand people relating to Diana's compassionate nature, her need to help but when people relate sympathetically to her need for revenge and say that they would do the same, that always gives me pause.

If someone has the capacity for revenge that Diana had, I would stay far away from them. Its not worth it.

True ysbel. I can't imagine myself forgiving her for what she sometimes did in the name of revenge. What I can understand is that anger can make you act in a very nasty way toward someone who, in your opinion, did something hurtful. But is it wise to let hatred and anger manage your actions ? I don't think so.

Last edited:
But it's still possible she wanted to steal Camilla's birthday thunder.
What birthday thunder? Did the public really care about Camilla's 50th birthday? Did they care about her 60th birthday? I don't seem to recall any pictures. It sounds more like wishful thinking.

Diana was always making headlines. I suppose many, if not most, of them could be stealing someone's thunder somewhere.

What birthday thunder? Did the public really care about Camilla's 50th birthday? Did they care about her 60th birthday? I don't seem to recall any pictures. It sounds more like wishful thinking.
You must have missed most of the UK editions then. :rolleyes:

You must have missed most of the UK editions then. :rolleyes:

It actually made the front page of The Sun (link) but because Kate Middleton was invited so it may not convince you, zhontella. Although here's an article of The Guardian published on July 19, 1997 which means 1 month and 12 days before Diana's death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom