When did your opinion of Diana change and why?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

When did your opinion of Diana start to change and why?

• Morton book (1990)

Votes: 25 9.8%
  • War of the Waleses (starting 1990)

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Squidgygate (1992)

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Hewitt affair (1993)

Votes: 17 6.7%
  • Charles' interview (1994)

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • Panorama interview (1995)

Votes: 43 16.9%
  • Phone calls to Oliver Hoare (1994)

Votes: 14 5.5%
  • Dodi al-Fayed (1997)

Votes: 23 9.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 96 37.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Diana was a distressed soul, something that was so obvious to a casual observer like myself standing in the street. My severest criticism of the RF and Diana's family had been that they 'did nothing' to reign in this young woman. It was a situation that caused me to experience increasing anger as the years wore on - but I now know I was mistaken. Given what I have learned over the past half year, one fact is glaring - that the RF and Diana's family absolutely were aware of Diana's problems, tried to help, tried to support, tried - but were undone by Diana's lies and wileyness.

When one has a fuller understanding of just how out-of-focus with reality Diana was, the Queen making herself available at any time to Diana is a red flag - and is a confirmation that the RF did indeed understand the situation with Diana. The Queen's availability would seem to be part of trying to work with what was a seriously problematic young woman. No other explanation fits IMO for such an unusual divergence from the norm for the Queen.
Oh, please. first off the expression is 'rein in' secondly, there is no word such as 'wileyness'. If you are going to insult the memory of someone historically significant, at least get the grammar and spelling right. So glad you had a productive half year.

Oh, please. first off the expression is 'rein in' secondly, there is no word such as 'wileyness'. If you are going to insult the memory of someone historically significant, at least get the grammar and spelling right. So glad you had a productive half year.

Sorry to have offended with a misspelling - it happens - and a creative use of the language - I do that a lot, I don't live by so many rules. Is this your way of refuting an opinion you disagree with, by ridicule of the person? Sadly, I have known and know young women who had and have Diana's affliction - it is not uncommon. What is a misfortune is when it is not recognized. There is no 'insult' here - Diana herself (I understand) was beginning to have a reassessment of her own actions and how she related in the past before her untimely death.

You are entitled to believe Diana was 'historically significant'. I will not argue the point. There is another perspective of her, equally legitimate.

Take care.

I'm not trying to step into moderator mode, but we all have different opinions especially when it comes to the Princess, and they clash at times. But lets be respectful to each other no matter how different our opinions are. :flowers:

The "When did your opinion of Diana change and why?" thread has been open for over five years. It is now almost 14 years since the tragic death of Diana, Princess of Wales and with the discussion becoming very repetitive, the moderators believe that it is time to move on.

The thread is therefore closed.

The British Forum moderators
Warren, wbenson and Zonk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom