What is your opinion about Charles visiting Diana's grave?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your opinion about Charles visiting Diana's grave?

• I think its good for Charles to visit Diana's grave.

Votes: 114 52.3%
  • I don't think its good for Charles to visit Diana's grave.

Votes: 20 9.2%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 10 4.6%
  • I don't care whether he visits her grave or not.

Votes: 74 33.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
too much time has passed,for him to visit her.he has been near her many times on duty and never has he gone to diana,
And you know this how???? It would I think be most unusual in any case, for a divorced person to visit the grave of an ex, and in the end, that is what she was, an ex.:rolleyes:

And you know this how???? It would I think be most unusual in any case, for a divorced person to visit the grave of an ex, and in the end, that is what she was, an ex.:rolleyes:

Its not really unusual and she is the mother of his children, and they were on very good terms at the time of her passing. So I don't see any harm in him visiting the Princess' grave.

But one doesen't need to visit a grave to remember a loved one.

IMO, Prince Charles would look rather foolish to care more about visiting her grave than minding what's left from her : William and Harry. Her soul is no longer here nor underground in Althorp's island. Although, I don't think it's unusual to pay visit to the grave of an ex. For me, it's natural ... :ermm:

I think it would be wonderful if he did vist her grave. Their marrage didn't work out, but that doesn't mean that he didn't care for her. I think Diana ment more to him than people think.

I agree...:flowers:

to be honest, I'm kind of surprised at the reaction of visiting graves on here. People I know usually go at holidays to loved ones who have passed as a sign of respect, to place flowers at least.

Last edited:
I think it would be nice if he did, Diana was a mother of his two sons after all. But it is of course Charle's private matter, if he does not I would not criticize him.

I think It's a good idea for Prince Charles to visit Princess Diana's grave because he probably misses her in his way and that he's the father of her two sons. He can visit her grave whatever he wants and I am sure he brought Princes William and Harry with him to visit the grave. I think that's important for the boys to know their father still cares and misses their mother.

Chantal:)

I don't know nor do I care. If he did wouldn't he have to deal with the earl? I'm sure that any visit from Charles would not go unnoticed or unannounced by him. If I were Charles and did want to visit, I'd take the lesser of the two evils and not go.

I do not see any former spouse visiting the grave of the deceased person more than once--and that once should be at the funeral-which Charles attended. It just seems a little inconceivable that Charles, as suggested by various posters, would just go to visit her grave whenever he feels like it--because, frankly, I do doubt that he he would 'feel like" going to visit his ex-wife's grave. And, I highly doubt that Camilla would be alright with such a morbid expression.
I am sure Charles has been to the grave since the burial--probably to take the boys before they were old enough to drive. Now, as they can take themselves and have been able to for some time, I highly doubt that the PoW has been since then.
So, the answer, for me is, yes, it was appropriate for him to visit. One, at the time of the funeral and also to take the boys before they were able to go on their on. But, not that they can go on their own--no, it is not appropriate.

I do not see any former spouse visiting the grave of the deceased person more than once--and that once should be at the funeral-which Charles attended. It just seems a little inconceivable that Charles, as suggested by various posters, would just go to visit her grave whenever he feels like it--because, frankly, I do doubt that he he would 'feel like" going to visit his ex-wife's grave. And, I highly doubt that Camilla would be alright with such a morbid expression.
I am sure Charles has been to the grave since the burial--probably to take the boys before they were old enough to drive. Now, as they can take themselves and have been able to for some time, I highly doubt that the PoW has been since then.
So, the answer, for me is, yes, it was appropriate for him to visit. One, at the time of the funeral and also to take the boys before they were able to go on their on. But, not that they can go on their own--no, it is not appropriate.

If Charles decided to visit Princess Diana's grave once every month then thats a bit odd. But if he visited the grave on the anniversary then it seems okay. IMO I think he loved her, of course not the way he loved Camilla.

But in the end as TheTruth so eloquently put it, Diana is not there she is in a place where I doubt she's worrying about who is visiting her grave or not.
The poem that Skydragon posted is a great example of that.

Although, I don't think it's unusual to pay visit to the grave of an ex. For me, it's natural ... :ermm:
I have many friends who are divorced, some amicably, some acrimonious, (because he/she found other loves) and not one expressed a desire to visit their ex wife/husbands grave.

Apart from the ones who wanted to dance on or at least weigh it down! :ROFLMAO:
to be honest, I'm kind of surprised at the reaction of visiting graves on here. People I know usually go at holidays to loved ones who have passed as a sign of respect, to place flowers at least.
I don't think most Brits have that outlook. You may visit the grave of a loved one regularly to start with, but times move on. I can't remember the last time I visited my first husbands grave, my son is a different matter, although that is not a yearly event.
It just seems a little inconceivable that Charles, as suggested by various posters, would just go to visit her grave whenever he feels like it--because, frankly, I do doubt that he he would 'feel like" going to visit his ex-wife's grave.
I agree, Charles and Diana had moved on with their lives at the time of her death, she hadn't been a part of him living his life long before the divorce, nor he hers.:flowers:

I have many friends who are divorced, some amicably, some acrimonious, (because he/she found other loves) and not one expressed a desire to visit their ex wife/husbands grave.

Apart from the ones who wanted to dance on or at least weigh it down! :ROFLMAO:
I don't think most Brits have that outlook. You may visit the grave of a loved one regularly to start with, but times move on. I can't remember the last time I visited my first husbands grave, my son is a different matter, although that is not a yearly event.
I agree, Charles and Diana had moved on with their lives at the time of her death, she hadn't been a part of him living his life long before the divorce, nor he hers.:flowers:

Charles is mature enough to decide what he wants to do anyway. And I honestly don't think Camilla would see this act of respect as morbid. I mean, would Charles forbid her to go visit Andrew Parker-Bowles' grave if he had died ?

I don't think that either Charles or Camilla seem like the type to forbid the other from doing something--for example, Charles is very conscious about his health yet Camilla is a smoker (unless she quit, I don't know)--

I think that the underlying idea here for a lot of people is that Charles and Diana had this "great love" and that he still loves her and feels guilt/remorse for everything that occured in the marriage. That could also be why some still dislike Camilla--because this huge mental image of the fairy tale wedding is always there. Even I, who adamantly feels that Camilla is a better match and Charles' true love, get a little sense of the fairy tale when I see photos of the wedding. So, if I feel it, I can only imagine how others who are more "into Diana" than I am would feel seeing those pictures and getting caught up in the emotion of the day--But, the great love that was portrayed that day was not the reality, so even though they had children together and he did care for her, I don't think this image of a grief-stricken Charles driving to Althorp every year to weep tears over Diana is an accurate image to indulge. He went to France to get her body, he was there the day of the funeral, and I'm sure he's been with the boys--but I highly doubt he would ever go by himself.

Charles is mature enough to decide what he wants to do anyway. And I honestly don't think Camilla would see this act of respect as morbid. I mean, would Charles forbid her to go visit Andrew Parker-Bowles' grave if he had died ?
Once someone is dead, it's a bit late to worry about showing them respect and to visit an ex's grave, is morbid, IMO. If you didn't love them enough to stay with them in life, it's too late once they are dead. I don't see Camilla forbidding Charles and I certainly don't see Charles forbidding Camilla. Then again, I can't see Camilla wishing to visit Andrews grave on a regular basis, when he dies.
I don't think that either Charles or Camilla seem like the type to forbid the other from doing something--for example, Charles is very conscious about his health yet Camilla is a smoker (unless she quit, I don't know)--
I understand that she quit quite a while back!

Last edited:
Once someone is dead, it's a bit late to worry about showing them respect and to visit an ex's grave, is morbid, IMO. If you didn't love them enough to stay with them in life, it's too late once they are dead. I don't see Camilla forbidding Charles and I certainly don't see Charles forbidding Camilla. Then again, I can't see Camilla wishing to visit Andrews grave on a regular basis, when he dies.

Me neither and I was not implying that Charles should visit her grave every day ! Whatever he chose to do, it's his business. It seems that Diana and Charles had sorted most things out and were capable of having a civilized conversation when meeting. I hope that's true ... :flowers:

I think it's nice that His Royal Highness visited her grave she was his first wife and Mother of his children.

YES, I THINK IT WOULD BE NICE FOR HIM TO VISIT, AFTER ALL HE HEPLED PUT HER THERE.

I don't remember him training as an undertaker but please do refresh us on exactly which funeral directing course he completed.

YES, I THINK IT WOULD BE NICE FOR HIM TO VISIT, AFTER ALL HE HEPLED PUT HER THERE.

How interesting--as I recall, Charles was neither driving nor chasing the car in which Diana had her fatal accident. Charles also was not a physician on call at the hospital that evening, so we can't accuse him of medical malpractice. And, as BeatrixFan has pointed out, I do not recall reading of Charles learning the undertakers trade. But, please, remind us of Charles role in placing Diana in her grave.

Or, alternatively, please don't. We don't really want to get back into the Charles/Diana/Camilla wars.

Quite True--my apologies, Elspeth!

Please do not raise your voice. We can all hear you loud and clear.

Unfortunately, if we are apportioning blame, then the majority of it would have to go to the people who purchased the papers and magazines that published pictures of her. Yes she posed and encouraged the media, but she would not have done that if the papers were not selling. :rolleyes:

Very outlandish remark, Charles seems like a gentle man who wouldn't hurt anyone especially his ex-wife who is the mother of his 2 children.

I think HRH is pretty screwed no matter what he does. if he stays away, his critics write him off as cold, uncaring and disrepectful to the mother of his children. If he goes to Althorp, he's pinned as a hypocrite who can't leave the past alone.

I think Charles never really loved Diana. The marriage was a farce and I dont think he should make any more of a mockery of her or the institution with false emotions now.

Has Prince Charles ever visited Diana's grave//?? If not why go now?? If he does visit, I just would hope he does it in a private manner with no media coverage

There is absolutely no reason on Earth for Charles visiting Diana's grave.

Considering his thoughts on architecture, I often wonder what he thinks about that fountain! For once, I would have wanted his input on her London memorial...and I am almost certain he would have ensured it to be more dignified....

I am sure he in no way has ever made it difficult for William and Harry to visit the grave...

He should very well visit her grave but who am i to say that, I very rearly visit the graves of loved ones myself. It is often a hard thing to do and in this situaiton maybe harder under pubilic opinion.

IMHO this is a rather morbid discussion - as if Charles was constantly visiting graveyards anyway so why not this one...

When the children we're young, I'm sure if they wanted to go on her birthday or Mother's Day, he would have/did take(n) them. Now that they are adults and can go on their own, I dont see any reason for Charles to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom