Was someone feeding Diana false information?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Was someone feeding Diana false information

• Yes, after the Morton book the RF was testing whether she was collaborating with the press

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Yes, during the divorce proceedings the RF wanted to make her appear unstable and weaken her positio

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Yes, during her marriage someone other than the RF wanted to hurt Diana by planting false stories wi

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • No, I don't believe anyone was trying to plant false information with Diana

Votes: 19 46.3%
  • Other (please explain your reasons0

Votes: 8 19.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had my Tarot read. It didn't tell me much but the guy who read the Tarot did make an interesting observation. He said that based on the way I was dealing the cards he got a strong feeling I should be careful with my money. I was quite taken aback; in fact I was having financial difficulties at the time. There must have been something on my face because he quickly explained that the way I handled the cards was similar to the way people handled dollar bills and that when I dealt the cards it looked like I was throwing them away and he got the feeling that I had done that with dollar bills. I reflected later on what he said because there was a lot of truth in it. I don't believe he was a psychic but I do believe he was very observant and very perceptive of people's body language and their nonverbal communication. So I do think he could tell a lot about people's emotions, their fears and desires just by observing them.

I imagine Simone was the same way with Diana. I think Simone was probably knowledgeable about Diana's innermost fears and desires at the time they were friends simply because if she couldn't pick that up from Diana's nonverbal cues, she wouldn't have been a very good psychic. That doesn't necessarily make Diana's fears and desires come true; it just means that Diana truly believed them. I think from Diana's point of view, the connection she gained from psychics was less that she depended on them to predict the future for her and more that she wanted to connect with people who understood her innermost thoughts and feelings. I imagine that she did feel a disconnect that the Royal Family didn't understand her or care about her innermost thoughts and feelings and that she couldn't really relate to theirs. I imagine she felt the same way with her family and that lack of connection made her feel very lonely. Connecting to psychics who are very good at making this spiritual connection must have been very affirming for her.

Someone asked why Diana would want to believe that someone was out to kill her, its not as simple as that. When you have a fear, sometimes the last thing you want to hear is 'Oh its all in your head' or 'Don't worry, its nothing' Sometimes all you want is for someone else to affirm and validate what you are thinking and feeling at the time even if what you are thinking and feeling isn't very pleasant. I had that experience when I was young in the business world and I felt that the head of another department was sabotaging my efforts on a big project that I was doing. I and my colleagues complained a lot to our boss and she kept saying, No, I think she dpesn't mean anything by it, No, I think its perfectly natural for her to do this. and finally at one point right before I was going to make a big presentation I stood up to my boss and said No, I don't believe it because she is doing this, this, this, and this. And my boss gave me the most frozen smile I have ever seen in my life and whispered through clenched teeth 'guys, work with me here. I'm trying to make this relationship work and its very difficult' My stress level dropped immediately. I got affirmation that my boss saw the problem and that she saw the difficulty in handling it. I may have disagreed with the way she was handling it but at least on this, I had affirmation from her that I was not making things up in my head, that there really was a problem with this other woman. Actually later I found that the other woman had tried to encroach on our department's territory and so there was a bit of a turf war and the rest of the company was more sympathetic to the other woman than to my boss. So there were a lot of other factors going on and it took awhile for my boss to figure out a strategy to handle it. But it wasn't important to me that my boss have the answers, and I definitely didn't want to hear that everything was alright but it was important that she affirmed and validated what we believed. That gave us strength of purpose to carry on in a very difficult environment.

However, I think its very wrong and dangerous to blindly affirm and support others deepest fears when they are very harmful. It is a balancing act because sometimes husbands have killed their ex-wives so you never want to say, oh you're being silly. On the other hand, its very damaging to keep saying yes, yes, I believe you. no, no, you're not crazy at all when someone makes these serious allegations. What Simone and others should have influenced Diana to do is to confront her fears and do something constructive about them. If Diana feared for her life, why didn't someone put her in touch with a respected and retired homicide detective who was experienced in listening to stories like Diana's and advising them and helping them to follow up if there was sufficient cause for concern? Why didn't they press on her for the need for her to hire her own security? Why didn't they encourage her to reach out to Ken Wharfe who had protected her before and she had a good relationship with and I think was retired at the point? I think its very dangerous to affirm other people's deepest fears when they involve murder without giving them constructive ways to deal with that fear. Maybe Simone and others made these suggestions to Diana and she refused but I think if that had been the case, if I had really been Diana's friend and I saw her disregard friend's sensible advice when it involved something so serious, I would have been sorely tempted to go to the police myself and tell them about the situation and ask them to look into it. And if the police refused to do so, I may have turned to the press.

. My point is, while the first three allegations sounded very much like words from a psychi, but "Charles had a affair with Tiggy" and "Tiggy had an abortion" didn't.

These were her own assertions without solid/substantive evidence to support. I would, she had a small voice in her mind to tell her to believe these things were true, but others were not. For me, I would say, after the internal investigation conducted by Robert Fellows and the consistency of Charles's charaters and behaviors, Diana should have never take these allegations as facts.

If psychics were telling Diana what they thought she wanted to know, or planting false stories to keep her off-balance and dependent on them, I think that's very unprofessional and very sad but not altogether unexpected. One of the problems that seems to beset royals is the issue of hangers-on who will do anything to stay within the royal "charmed circle" - witness Lady Fermoy's turning against her own daughter and then her own granddaughter in order to stay in the royal good books. And sometimes this sort of sycophancy can be positively damaging, as opposed to just being faintly distasteful.

I'm sure that if Diana's various healers were feeding her incorrect information, they weren't trying to necessarily make trouble for her or for the royal family, but were looking after their own interests. Unfortunately, Diana seemed to be unusually susceptible to this sort of suggestion, and it looks as though some of it might have really caused problems.

I very much doubt that she was being fed stuff about the Queen abdicating or Charles wanting to renounce the throne by royal officials, and I expect she'd have seen through it if the press had tried to feed her that sort of line - but it isn't beyond the realms of the possible that her various psychics and healers and whatnot were giving her all sorts of poison disguised as genuine concern.

I find it hard to dismiss the possibility of some advisor in Charles' camp floating ideas that would damage Diana's credibility when they were leaked. I don't think Charles would have done anything like this himself, but the men in gray suits, who knows. Further, Diana was hurt and embarrassed and probably sought solace in psychics and retribution in the press.

How sad that it all had to end in such pain for all involved.:ermm:

In certain social circles, having gurus or psychics for amusement or information purposes seemed to have been accepted without even the crinkle of an eyebrow. During the same time that Diana was seeing a "spook" (albeit a well dressed and well mannered and socially accepted woman such as Penny Thornton) First Lady Nancy Reagan also was consulting her astrologers to guide her husband in making decisions for an entire nation!

I believe, in my mind, information was going through Sarah and Andrew to Penny Thornton to calm and placate Diana and to keep her "managed".

Ms. Thornton wrote a book about her experiences with Diana and a huge portion of her personal website features her realtionship to Diana....

I think we have to realize that a huge percentage of the "self-help" books and programs we have at our disposal now were not written yet and that some of the problems Diana had (like Bulimia) were topics that held a moral judgement or seemed to be a character flaw and not a treatable or even noticable medical condition.

We also have to realize Diana was not interested in staying in a marriage that was causing her unhappiness and HMTQ was all about the keeping up of appearances not to cause a huge Church of England problem with the divorced heir issue...

If it took Diana going to see a cadre of fortune tellers to keep her within the Windsor realm, I'm sure the courtiers were more than happy with something like that.

In certain social circles, having gurus or psychics for amusement or information purposes seemed to have been accepted without even the crinkle of an eyebrow. During the same time that Diana was seeing a "spook" (albeit a well dressed and well mannered and socially accepted woman such as Penny Thornton) First Lady Nancy Reagan also was consulting her astrologers to guide her husband in making decisions for an entire nation!.

Interesting point pinkie. The Royal Family has always favored alternative homeopathic medicine although the major medical authorities thought it was a quack.

So maybe they weren't as skeptical of psychics as the general population.

Interesting point pinkie. The Royal Family has always favored alternative homeopathic medicine although the major medical authorities thought it was a quack.

So maybe they weren't as skeptical of psychics as the general population.
A belief in Homeopathy is far removed from a belief in psychics and fortune-tellers. :eek:

In certain social circles, having gurus or psychics for amusement or information purposes seemed to have been accepted without even the crinkle of an eyebrow.
I doubt that it was seen as acceptable here, people who visit that type of person are normally seen as 'challenged'.
We also have to realize Diana was not interested in staying in a marriage that was causing her unhappiness
I think Diana was happy with the separation but didn't want a divorce.
If it took Diana going to see a cadre of fortune tellers to keep her within the Windsor realm, I'm sure the courtiers were more than happy with something like that.
Or perhaps it was Diana's choice to see and believe these people, feeding them her worries for them to magnify out of all proportion?

Why is it always someone else to blame and not Diana?:ermm:

I doubt that it was seen as acceptable here, people who visit that type of person are normally seen as 'challenged'.I think Diana was happy with the separation but didn't want a divorce.Or perhaps it was Diana's choice to see and believe these people, feeding them her worries for them to magnify out of all proportion?

Why is it always someone else to blame and not Diana?:ermm:

Perhaps but you forget that it was Fergie who first introduced Diana to these people. Okay, after it was up to her to still consult them but it's easy to become dependent of psychics because they tell you what you want to hear.

A belief in Homeopathy is far removed from a belief in psychics and fortune-tellers. :eek:

I think a lot of doctors and medical societies here and in Britain would disagree. They think the homeopathic movement is quite harmful and endangers people's lives. In fact Charles' support of the homeopathic movement got him probably the most virulent criticism in the past year that he's gotten for quite a long while. But the Queen and the Queen Mother had been seeking out homeopathic remedies for years.

But I do think there is somehting to Charlotte's point although I don't think they introduced Diana to psychics to keep Diana controlled. I hadn't realized Andrew and Sarah had introduced Diana to the psychics. But I do think they may have introduced her to the psychics because they thought it was harmless and may do her some good. They had already suggested therapists and Diana had gone for a brief time but she didn't keep it up. The royals may have seen the psychics as an acceptable alternative if Diana wouldn't keep up the therapy.

I don't think the Royal Family would have fed false information through psychics though. I think if they had wanted to feed her false information to test if she was leaking stuff to the press, they would have fed the false information through her security guard who she would have trusted. I still think it would be very foolhardy for the royal family through the detectives to give her a story that Charles was going to marry Tiggy or that Charles was planning to kill her.

Last edited:
I think a lot of doctors and medical societies here and in Britain would disagree. They think the homeopathic movement is quite harmful and endangers people's lives. In fact Charles' support of the homeopathic movement got him probably the most virulent criticism in the past year that he's gotten for quite a long while. But the Queen and the Queen Mother had been seeking out homeopathic remedies for years.
I am a great believer in homeopathic remedies and would swear that in many cases, my friends and I were better off with such treatments than most doctors would offer. I have to say that the practise in Scotland and the private practise I attend in London, all suggest the use of Manuka Honey, which is of course a homeopathic remedy, not one has suggested the use of a psychic. Although I had my tarot read once, I would try to dissuade anyone against seeking help from a psychic.

So I don't think a trust in homeopathy equals a belief in psychics or fortune tellers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom