Diana, Princess of Wales: Visits to the United States

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grace100

Commoner
City
são paulo
Country
Brazil
[Expired links]

Last edited by a moderator:
Can my eyes be deceiving me? I believe I have just seen pictures of Prince Charles and Diana Spencer (best to give her her maiden name as we know how distressing it is for Prince Charles to recall that she was once his wife and mother of his two children) in Washington together in 1985. Why, according to said Prince in the speech he gave during his latest American tour, the last time he visited Washington was during the Nixon administration along with his sister. I suggest that the person who posted the previous pictures learn, as I suppose we all must, that like George Orwell's book "1984", certain historical facts will be deleted and we shall have to accept that time only began in April 2005 at St. George's Chapel and there was nothing B.C. (that is, BEFORE CAMILLA).

And before I get bombarded, no, I am not a major Di fan, but I am sick of the rubbish we are all subjected to from Prince Charles these days. I'm not saying he should harp on about Diana but that speech was bang out of order. To imply, as it did, that she had never existed, was distastful to say the least.

Last edited:
I'm afraid to ask what he said. Well anyway as to her name-it was Diana, Princess Of Wales at the end of her life and I am sure Charles was used to it. As most of us are used to whatever name a person is using at their death. I'm sure those around him don't talk about her much. I read he keeps her pictures at Clarence House (apart from his son's rooms). Apart from all they did seem to genuinely be friends again at the end and at peace with one another.

james said:
Why, according to said Prince in the speech he gave during his latest American tour, the last time he visited Washington was during the Nixon administration along with his sister.
I think he was trying to be funny because of gossips trying to marry one of the Bush daughters to William. He was referring to during his earlier visit, the gossips were marrying him off to the Nixon girl.

he didnt say his last american tour, he said it was his "first" one. I think its entirely appropriate to mention his first visit. he'd only been to the white house one other time but he'd been to the US many times for different reasons.

charles not talk this sad one with facts that happened before camilla, because then he would not be happy in having two children. Haul of that, he already affirmed to have had good moments with diana.
on the trips, the first was in the government nixon, in the 70. the finishes was her in 1994
grace

pollyemma said:
he didnt say his last american tour, he said it was his "first" one. I think its entirely appropriate to mention his first visit. he'd only been to the white house one other time but he'd been to the US many times for different reasons.
I think he was at the White House in 1980. I remember seeing a photo of him with Nancy Reagan. So that makes it at least the fourth time at WH on this visit.

Grace100, thanks so much for taking the time to post pictures of Diana on her 1985 trip to the USA. As already mentioned, not all pictures are from the trip, but most are, and there are a number of beautiful ones I have not seen before. Diana really shone on this trip - it was a magical time full of glamour and (we thought) romance.

As far as sorting out the pictures of Diana in the USA from the other occasions when she wore the same clothes, its very difficult & I can see why the photo agencies (& us) have problems. I could never figure out why people complained that Diana had too many clothes because most of her outfits were worn several times. If we were lucky, she would wear different earrings, or carry a different purse when she wore the same outfit on different occasions. But sometimes, the only way I can tell it's a different occasion is to look at what her Lady in Waiting was wearing!

Photo credit:The White House, in S.Maxwell Skinner
"Diana Memory of a Rose."

The Princess of Wales was such a hit here in the U.S. almost evryone wanted to see her.

Lovely, Simply Lovely. You don't get to see a princess dancing in the white house every day.

Those pictures taken in Harlem (?) were beautiful, queenofthelight. They're such wonderful quality. The picture taken in 1997 is quite nice as well, but I'm not a real fan of the "look" that the Princess had then. :flowers:

The photos were taken in 1989; I believe she stopped wearing the blue eyeliner by then. :)

Her fashion sense was best in Chicago 1996 photos. The choker of pearls around her neck looks lovely. A woman can not go wrong with a pearl necklace! :flowers:

I thought Diana looked great at the 95' at the CFDA Fashion Awards. God the 90s flew by!

Princess Diana visits Henry Street Settlement - 1989
Americans seem very informal in addressing Diana, Princess of Wales. Is it me or does anyone else see that from the youtube video?

That was here in NYC!! I agree with the people Diana looked gorgeus.

Unfortunately no one cannot dethrone the President Reagan in his role of Gaffer

I loved, loved every outfit she wore on her solo visit to New York in 1989.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom