Trevor Rees Jones (Diana Crash Survivor)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lashinka2002

Serene Highness
City
Toronto
Country
Canada
Does anyone know the extent of Trevor's injuries at the time of the accident?
What his rehabilitation was & how he's doing now? Any long term injuries?
Does he remember the accident?:confused:

Lashinka, Trevor Rees Jones wrote a book about the accident a few years ago. That's probably the most accurate account of his injuries.

It sounds like he had extreme facial damage and trauma to the head. I don't remember exact details but it was pretty horrific. I think they did a good job putting him back together with cosmetic surgery.

Last I heard he said he didn't remember anything, and he wasn't certain why he put his seatbelt on (as a bodyguard, he wouldn't ordinarily have worn a seatbelt). He was very fortunate that he did get it on.

He had very bad head injuries, and at the time he wrote his book he said he remembered nothing about the accident, which isn't uncommon for people with injuries of that sort. I think if he'd recovered any memories it would have been headline news, so it's probably safe to say that he hasn't, or at least that he hasn't said anything about it.

Trevor had some pretty severe facial injuries (I think someone said his face was pretty ripped up by the impact), a broken arm, chest injuries, and concussion. He was in the hospital in Paris for about a month after the crash, and then went home to England where his mother, who's a nurse, was able to help him with physical therapy. I heard he had to have a lot of dental work done , as well as corrective eyeglasses. According to reports he was able to vaguely remember Diana moaning in the aftermath of the wreck, but I don't think he has complete recall of the whole tragedy. I can't imagine that he wouldn't have some kind of long-term or even permanent effects from the accident. When you see pictures of the Mercedes it's hard to believe that anyone could have survived, but he was the only one wearing a seat belt so that was what saved him.

i watch tv on Diana's Story after his accident with Diana and Dodi, and the drunk driver and he talking about Diana but he had huge scars his faces im sure he had left or right forefaces im not sure!

Sara Boyce

He does have major injuries, I didn't think he remembered anything about the crash though. I feel kinda bad for him, because people seemed so mean to him after the crash. I think because they were upset that he lived and Diana didn't. I wonder if he feels guilty or bad that he lived and she didn't.

I'll bet he does, not only for her but the others who died as well.
I think its called survivours guilt or something like that.
I don't think he should feel guilty, the Lord works in mysterious ways!

I think its really a miracle that he survived and wearing a seatbelt helped a lot.If Trevor seated at the front, was Princess Diana seated at his back???..I've heard the princess had serious internal chest and head injuries,maybe due to the strong impact of the crush, she was thrown forward and her chest bumped into trevor's seat and her head strongly bumped into the car's roof..The Mercedez was just very crushed and hardly can a human being passenger would have survived that night...Trevor was so lucky to survive and recover from that devastating accident..

I feel bad for Trevor Rees Jones. He will forever be remembered as the one who survived. After his recovery, he was invited to Althorp by Earl Spencer to pay his last respects to Diana on her small island and perhaps to confront the emotions he had to face. Mohammed Al-Fayed fired him and blackened his name.

I am sure he feels very guilty about surviving and not being able to tell that Henri Paul was drunk. That is the one question that bothers me--how could they not tell he was inebriated?

I'm sure he feels guilty, most survivors would even if it's not their fault.

Sometimes habitual alcoholics can act quite sober. And I think the smell of alcohol depends on what you're drinking. I think Trevor said somewhere that he thought Henri Paul was drinking pineapple juice that night.

Someone asked earlier about where Diana was sitting in the car. She was in the back seat, seated behind Henri Paul, the driver. Trevor was in the front passenger seat, and Dodi was behind him, next to Diana. I seem to remember Trevor saying that when the Merceds first left the Ritz , that he was not wearing his seat belt then, but that right before the car got to the Alma Tunnel, he decided to buckle up. I'm sure the whole story of all that happened that night may never be known but he is very, very fortunate to be alive.

To follow up what Jackswife said. My guess is that Trevor observed something that made him concerned right before the crash and he might not have had the opportunity to get Dodi and Diana to react.

I hope Trevor finds peace and that his life isn't overwhelmed by this tragedy.

correction of seating

Diana was sitting behind Trevor, Dodi was behind Henri (the driver). Both Dodi and Henri were killed instantly as their side of the vehicle was were the impact occured. As I understand it, the impact of the crash caused Diana to completely "spin" around in her seat. She was found on the floor, facing the back seat.

The Wikipedia, says that he is a UN peacekeeper, serving in East Timor after fighting and massacres that followed the region's vote of independence from Indonesia.

I didn't know that he was 29. He wrote a book called "A bodyguards story"

http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/archive.cgi?read=4265

this has some information about his injuries he also talks about he crash.

My skull was fractured at the front and my jaw was dislocated, smashedand broken. I also cracked a vertebrae in my neck which has affected myright shoulder a bit.
drain in and it was OK. "My tongue was cut by my teeth but it's alright now.

Surgeons reconstructed Trevor's face with the aid of his wedding album of photographs."

Harry's polo shirt said:
http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/archive.cgi?read=4265

this has some information about his injuries he also talks about he crash.

My skull was fractured at the front and my jaw was dislocated, smashedand broken. I also cracked a vertebrae in my neck which has affected myright shoulder a bit.
drain in and it was OK. "My tongue was cut by my teeth but it's alright now.

Surgeons reconstructed Trevor's face with the aid of his wedding album of photographs."

Holy cow!! :eek:
What horrific injuries. He must have felt so broken, not only physically but mentally and spiritualy as well. I hope he finds peace!

I watched Oprah today, and the first doctor on the scene of the accident did an interview and he said that when he got to them Trevor was screaming in pain and the doctor was glad because that meant he was responding. However, he said that Diana was moaning, and she looked beautiful he said that her face was pale and she was not covered in blood.

Harry's polo shirt said:
I watched Oprah today, and the first doctor on the scene of the accident did an interview and he said that when he got to them Trevor was screaming in pain and the doctor was glad because that meant he was responding. However, he said that Diana was moaning, and she looked beautiful he said that her face was pale and she was not covered in blood.

yeah i catch it today but the doctors in France interview about Diana's accidents and Trevor was alives also im sure

Sara Boyce

iowabelle said:
I'm sure he feels guilty, most survivors would even if it's not their fault.

Sometimes habitual alcoholics can act quite sober. And I think the smell of alcohol depends on what you're drinking. I think Trevor said somewhere that he thought Henri Paul was drinking pineapple juice that night.

why are u all so sure Henry Paul was drunk? Would have dodi not noticed? many witnesses who were with him be4e he was to drive the car said he had not drunk at all.

Which witnesses said he hadn't drunk? The bodyguard said he saw him drinking but that Paul said it was a soft drink. And even if it wasn't, what else would Paul tell the bodyguards? "Oh, yes, I'm drinking pastis right on top of taking anti-depressants, but don't worry, I'm fine to drive an unfamiliar car in the dark with half the world's paparazzi on my tail"?

emily62_1 said:
why are u all so sure Henry Paul was drunk? Would have dodi not noticed? many witnesses who were with him be4e he was to drive the car said he had not drunk at all.

There is a book called "The Day That Diana Died" by Christopher Anderson. It explains in great detail what happened that day.

Harry's polo shirt said:

Oh no!!!
I missed Oprah! I saw a commercial for the show last week and thought to myself I had to watch it. I completely forgot!:( Was it good?

Oprah was interesting. The guy who checked in the September 11, hijackers said that when he saw the leader guy Muhammad Atta (sp??) he immediately knew they were terrorists, but then he thought no it is just an Arab, and he convinced himself that he was paranoid.

Other than what I mentioned earlier, The Diana story was that the doctor got to the car, he heard Trevor screaming, Diana was faced away from him, so he turned her around and gave her oxygen. She was moaning, but did not say that she was pregnant (which was a rumor floating around). He said that photographers were taking photos and all he really see were hundreds of flashes (from the cameras)

the rest of the show, was a women who won million dollar recipe contest, the founders of banana republic, and the women who first discovered the Harry Potter and got JK Rowling a publisher.

Oprah focused mainly on the airport guy, the Diana story was pretty short, because the doctor was not there it was just a taped piece.

I think if someone was drunk they wouldn't have to tell you. Any sober person can see it for themselves. Would you let someone like that drive your car?

James, I know one person (alcoholic) who manages to fool people most of the time.

I guess it depends on whom you've seen in that state.

I agree. However, according to the level of alcohol and medication which was in Henri Paul's blood, he would barely have been able to stand let alone drive.

That was probably why Trevor was fired from Al Fyad's (sp?) team of security. It seems that it would have been Travor's job as a bodygaurd to make sure that it was safe. I guess they were in such a hurry that he didn't take the time.

Harry's polo shirt said:
That was probably why Trevor was fired from Al Fyad's (sp?) team of security. It seems that it would have been Travor's job as a bodygaurd to make sure that it was safe. I guess they were in such a hurry that he didn't take the time.

i dont think so! Mr.Fayeds would give him fired! but he never drunk! who told you!

Sara Boyce

Oh I am sorry he wasn't fired, he quit. According to A friend of Rees-Jones he quit his job because he "felt pressured to remember the events in a way in which they might not necessarily have happened."

Paul's blood was three times higher than the level at which one is considered to be drunk under French law. Later tests confirmed that Paul had been in the midst of a bout of "moderate chronic alcoholism for at least a week," and that his blood also contained the antidepressant Prozac and tiapride, a drug used to combat alcoholism.

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/1998/08/diana/diana.investigation/

Does anyone know if he sued Al Fyed for his injuries during the crash, I know there were rumors of he was going to sue.

Back
Top Bottom