The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-11-2008, 08:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Some tried to sell the pictures : Paparazzo 'tried to seal Diana deal from crash site' - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

If you view these photos, there were obviously photographers that night : Sky News Pictures - New Diana Crash Pictures

And I can't see how someone else than a paparazzo could have taken these shots since no one is around the car yet :
Princess Diana Mercedes Car crash Pictures
Princess Diana Car Accident Photos: New

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 05-11-2008, 08:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

They did take photos, they even went right up to the dying princess and stood there taking photos. Maybe Henri Paul was over the limit, no excuse for this but if those terrible photographers hadn´t chased after them like maniacs perhaps they would all be alive today. I blame the photographers and also I think their inhumanity at the crash scene is unforgiveable

Old 05-11-2008, 10:17 AM
Gentry

Sally Bedell Smith made a good case for Diana having Borderline Personality Disorder in her book Diana In Search of Herself. A primary characteristic of BPD is fear of abandonment, both real and imagined. Diana had had a great deal of real abandonment in her life. Eating disorders and/or addictions are also part and parcel of this diagnosis. I consider her mood swings as probably part BPD but largely immaturity, especially since she was so young and unprepared for life with Charles and the RF. Charles himself had (and has) his own issues and the two looked wonderful on the surface but appear to have been incompatible in marriage.

Of course, this is all "arm chair psychiatry" as we don't have access to her medical records but we can (and do) make assumptions based on what we and others observed first hand about her behavior.

During questioning on Tuesday, the letter was shown to Lucia Flecha da Lima, the wife of the former Brazilian ambassador to London and one of the princess's closest confidantes. She said that the princess had never expressed fears for her safety.

"I still don't believe in it," she said. "Paul Burrell was perfectly capable of imitating Princess Diana's handwriting. I don't believe she was fearing for her life, especially from Prince Charles, the future king of your country."

Believe me, I am no fan of Paul Burrell but I don't believe that he wrote this letter. He is capable of a lot of under handed stuff but given Diana's experience with the RF, it does not seem a stretch to me that that she feared for her life after the divorce and documented it.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:40 AM
Aristocracy

I agree with u but the thing tht u r saying tht all photos were recycled???........... well there r some photos of dead Diana....but hte question is tht why they r not recycled and i just got it easily so why is tht pic open 4 public??? i don`t unerstand tht
Old 05-11-2008, 11:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

They are allowed to be seen because it's part of the public "interest" and freedom of knowledge (not sure how to say it, but the meaning is there ). If they were forbidden then there would be a massive revolt ; people would see it as a way of hiding the truth from them. Diana has been spied on all her life and I believe that's the result of being famous. The same happened to Romy Schneider when her dead son was photographed in the morgue or when photos of JFK's autopsy were published.
After, it's all a matter of choice : you look or not.

Because it matters...
Old 05-11-2008, 11:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by judith14011 View Post
During questioning on Tuesday, the letter was shown to Lucia Flecha da Lima, the wife of the former Brazilian ambassador to London and one of the princess's closest confidantes. She said that the princess had never expressed fears for her safety.

"I still don't believe in it," she said. "Paul Burrell was perfectly capable of imitating Princess Diana's handwriting. I don't believe she was fearing for her life, especially from Prince Charles, the future king of your country."

Believe me, I am no fan of Paul Burrell but I don't believe that he he wrote this letter. He is capable of a lot of under handed stuff but given Diana's experience with the RF, it does not seem a stretch to me that that she feared for her life after the divorce and documented it.
And imitating someone's handwriting is a real form of art. I suppose they made it analyzed and concluded that it was Diana's. I tend to believe more scientific arguments than her close friend's. That's what comforts me in the idea that Diana may have had BPD, even slight.

Because it matters...
Old 05-11-2008, 12:29 PM
Nobility

She told the same thing to her attorney, who gave the information to the police after her death. It wasn't just Burrell who made the claim, which leads me to doubt he made it up or forged it. He may have been evasive or even lied about many things but this does not appear to be one of them.

Cat
Old 05-11-2008, 02:11 PM
Heir Apparent

From what I've read, people with BPD can't function in a public setting. Diana had her problems, but she was also a consummate professional during her public appearances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
And imitating someone's handwriting is a real form of art. I suppose they made it analyzed and concluded that it was Diana's. I tend to believe more scientific arguments than her close friend's. That's what comforts me in the idea that Diana may have had BPD, even slight.
Old 05-11-2008, 06:25 PM
Gentry

No, not at all. Many people with BPD are highly social and successful in their social and professional lives. They don't necessarily suffer from "stage fright" or fear of public places, as a matter of fact, many thrive in those situations. It is their intimate personal and familial situations that are in chaos. Perhaps you are thinking of something like agoraphobia?
Old 05-11-2008, 08:03 PM
Heir Apparent

I wish we had footage or photos of the actual minute of impact I think that would have helped clear up alot of confusion.

You know with all of Diana's fears and such I wouldn't doubt that she wrote it I mean, I can see where her fear started and why they sorta continued over the years especially considering the attention that was focused on her.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:15 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Can you clarify why believe "humor-unbalanced" means that Diana had Borderline Personality Disorder?

Am I mistaken or was there a letter written in Diana's hand on KP stationary re: a plot to kill her or cause an incapacitating head injury?

Where is this going?
Old 05-12-2008, 01:39 PM
Heir Apparent

No, I'm thinking of reading that I've done on personality disorders.

Quote:
No, not at all. Many people with BPD are highly social and successful in their social and professional lives. They don't necessarily suffer from "stage fright" or fear of public places, as a matter of fact, many thrive in those situations. It is their intimate personal and familial situations that are in chaos. Perhaps you are thinking of something like agoraphobia?
Old 05-12-2008, 02:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
I wish we had footage or photos of the actual minute of impact I think that would have helped clear up a lot of confusion.
'Knowing' what a nice person you are, from your posts, I'm sure you meant to say it would have helped if the police had footage of the crash and the minutes leading up to it.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
'Knowing' what a nice person you are, from your posts, I'm sure you meant to say it would have helped if the police had footage of the crash and the minutes leading up to it.

No ya that's what I mean, I wouldn't take pleasure in seeing the actual crash, I couldn't bring myself to actually look at the pictures of Diana lying in the mercedes properly when I did find them, I actually had nightmares when I saw them but it would have helped the Police with the investigation.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:16 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angl3 View Post
well there r some photos of dead Diana....but hte question is tht why they r not recycled...i just got it easily so why is tht pic open 4 public??? i don`t unerstand tht
Why aren't photos of a dead or dying Diana published? Because we don't need to see them.
If you've found them on the internet, well, good luck to you, but they won't be posted on this website.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:08 AM
Royal Highness

Al Fayed fails to gag crucial Diana witness | Mail Online

Mohamed Al Fayed has failed in a legal bid to silence the manager of the Ritz Hotel who was on duty the night Princess Diana died.
The Ritz had sued Claude Roulet for £17,000 over TV interviews he gave after last year’s inquests into the fatal crash, and sought to gag him from speaking to the Press again.

But a Paris tribunal has found in Mr Roulet’s favour. Mr Roulet argued that his comments were already public, having been given in evidence at the inquest.
Mr Roulet told last year’s inquest that Mr Al Fayed had not seen Princess Diana’s corpse, as he had claimed, and also described how Henri Paul appeared ‘a little tipsy’ on the night of the crash.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:19 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Princess Diana was 'killed after plan to frighten her went wrong' | Mail Online

Quote:
Princess Diana died after attempts to frighten her into dumping Dodi al Fayed and ending her anti-establishment activities went horribly wrong, a leading lawyer has claimed.
Michael Mansfield claimed he was sure Diana's 'killers' had no intention of ending her life in a Paris tunnel in August 1997 and simply wanted to scare her.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Majesty

Mansfield couldn't say anything else seeing as he is Al Fayed's mouthpiece.

Al Fayed won't let it go and thus this tired, disproved theory will keep appearing every so often, and many people will believe it, because of course, a young woman of note can't die in a car crash caused by a drunken driver and her own failure to wear a seatbelt (along with the entire way that evening was run by her lover).

She's dead through her own fault and that of the people she was with - no conspiracy - no plot etc.

I have wondered though - why all the conspiracy theories assumed that she was the target rather than Dodi - the son of a wealthy and disliked man whose own family had strong connections to the arms trade. If she was so against the arms trade why connect with someone whose family was, and still is, one of the biggest traders in arms in the world?
Old 03-11-2010, 11:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well I was wondering when a new Diana conspiracy article would be published.
I do agree Iluvbertie the conspiracy theorists rarely assume that Dodi could have been a target. Which seems a bit more realistic than the Princess being the intended victim.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:49 AM
Heir Apparent

More ridiculous stories. Wonder if the conspiracy theorists would ever stop??

Tags
diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, inquest, princess diana