The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-07-2008, 05:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank God this is over I Fully accept this . GOD SAVE THE QUEEN and her Grandsons William and Harry may they find closure and may those who passed rest in Peace.

Old 04-07-2008, 06:10 PM
Heir Apparent

I always found it weird that it was never ruled that the paparazzi played a part in her killing. I always felt they were one of the reasons Mr. Paul sped that night. I'm surprised that the Fiat Uno wasn't included in one of the verdicts cause I remember at one point full blame had been put on the Fiat driver. So now that Mr Fayed has disagreed with the ruling can they do anything to stop him since he basically lied under oath when asked if he would accept the jury's verdict. I'm going to watch the sky news video soon enough I just came home from school and saw the headline.

Old 04-07-2008, 06:30 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
I watched his full statement on Sky News and he is saying, if I understood correctly, that the jury have backed him up. That nobody has said who owned the 'other' car's that were following them that night. He also said that the jury had disagreed with the French and British investigation, which proved he was right.

There was the suggestion on this programme, that there could now be investigations into Burrell's and other persons perjury.
Yes that's what I thought he was saying as well
Old 04-07-2008, 07:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
I watched his full statement on Sky News and he is saying, if I understood correctly, that the jury have backed him up. That nobody has said who owned the 'other' car's that were following them that night. He also said that the jury had disagreed with the French and British investigation, which proved he was right.

There was the suggestion on this programme, that there could now be investigations into Burrell's and other persons perjury.
I just read dailymail's article of what Mr. Fayed said. I don't get it he confuses me.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:06 PM
Nobility

I don't see any immediate need to rake Paul over the coals. The verdict had nothing to do with his testimony or his self confessed lack of truthfulness. To give him another chance at public attention would feed his rather large ego. Less said the better...Let him be a curious footnote.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm pleasantly surprised by the outcome. I thought the jury would return a finding of accidental death. I'm particularly pleased they found gross negligence on the part of the paparazzi.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:21 PM
Aristocracy

An interesting newspaper report say that al-Fayed may have unwittingly played a part in the verdict, his evidence showed how unhinged he was

Mohamed Al-Fayed's evidence may have decided Diana inquest | NEWS.com.au
Old 04-07-2008, 07:23 PM
Nobility

I don't feel the paparazzi care one bit..they are heartless, greedy vultures. They made Diana's life miserable and now officially have blood on their hands because of her death. They are worse a decade hence. My heart goes out to the brides of William and Harry...I can't imagine how they will cope.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:24 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
I just read dailymail's article of what Mr. Fayed said. I don't get it he confuses me.
I understood him to be saying that the decision backs up his theory

The vehicles weren't named no-one knows who was driving them, therefore according to his warped mind what's to say they weren't vehicles intent on making the car crash and killing Diana
Old 04-07-2008, 07:26 PM
Heir Apparent

^Are you kidding me oh god this man,has he gone insane..he completly confused me and is he serious who else agreed with him in court?! Diana?! please..Diana was paranoid as far as I'm concerned no disrepsect to her thee is nothing wrong with being paranoid I'm a very paranoid person too, and I don't live under the circumstances she did.The ONLY thing he could have a bit of truth on could be the MI6 bit only because what exactly were they supposed to say yes we killed her but I DO NOT in any way beleive they were in Paris that night to purposely kill. No evidence has ever suggested that, plus everything else that went along with it the fact it was last minute, route change etc. Any possible involvement of MI6 by anyone has been proven to be false. I cannot beleive he may want a review of the inquest verdict this won't end will it as far as I'm concerned for me this is over and may Diana, Dodi and Mr. Paul finally Rest In Peace.

CTV came on now my god that report gave me chills....and the ending so sad.."this young vibrant life cut short because of a drunk driver" I know it's been 11 years but it just still gives me chills thinking about how much has happened I just can't beleive it.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:37 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
i think mr. fayed will go to his grave publicly proclaiming what he believes to be the truth. i'm not saying he's right i'm just saying he believes it. the truth would be that people were killed because the person driving was intoxicated and they weren't wearing seatbelts. if he would come to terms with this then he might be able to find some peace.
Were he to accept this he would have employed the driver responsible and the security team who failed to prevent an accident. That is it an accident. I dont think this is a man who is evil, he is just looking for someone/anyone to be responsible for the death of his son, and he will never stop pointing the finger and shouting and certain media outlets will always give him print.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkie40 View Post
I don't feel the paparazzi care one bit..they are heartless, greedy vultures. They made Diana's life miserable and now officially have blood on their hands because of her death. They are worse a decade hence. My heart goes out to the brides of William and Harry...I can't imagine how they will cope.
I agree with you wholeheartedly about the paparazzi. What I'm hoping is that as a result of these findings in future the laws might be changed (or enforced, as the case may be) so that when these creatures behave like they did around Diana they might suffer, either by being arrested and stuck in gaol or penalised financially. Their cameras and/or film could be confiscated, and they might incur huge fines. If the papers and magazines were subject to huge fines if they publish paparazzi pics taken by intrusive means, it would surely take away the paparazzi's market and might put an end to the practice. I have a feeling some good could come of that finding about the role of the paparazzi.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:35 PM
Heir Apparent

I know I've said this before but I have to say once again that I think this inquest was good it showed that even if something was planned (which again I highly beleive that the MI6 and Prince Phillip had absolutly nothing to do with it, it was just a simple car crash) no one will ever know. All areas were explored nothing came out and in the end we got the correct verdict.

Well this verdict proves that the paparazzi told the truth atleast once, the Mercedes did take off quickly at the stop light all because of them, they must be so proud of themselves (if you can't tell I'm being sarcastic)

I do have to say the begining of the inquest confused me alot thankfully due to the help of you guys and further investigation of the crash on my part(the Pagat report was a huge help especially when I finally came to fully understand it!)it came together and seemed to simple to me in the end.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:16 AM
Nobility

Here is the statement from William and Harry...but in my mind it not quite complete...
Diana inquest: Prince William and Prince Harry agree with jury verdict - Telegraph

They don't ask for their mother to be left to rest in peace...how odd...imo
Old 04-08-2008, 12:38 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkie40 View Post
They don't ask for their mother to be left to rest in peace...how odd...imo
Princes asked for that at their mother's memorial service last summer.

What I thought was significate was their complete agreement to the verdict today.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:40 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I agree with you wholeheartedly about the paparazzi. What I'm hoping is that as a result of these findings in future the laws might be changed (or enforced, as the case may be) so that when these creatures behave like they did around Diana they might suffer, either by being arrested and stuck in gaol or penalised financially. Their cameras and/or film could be confiscated, and they might incur huge fines. If the papers and magazines were subject to huge fines if they publish paparazzi pics taken by intrusive means, it would surely take away the paparazzi's market and might put an end to the practice. I have a feeling some good could come of that finding about the role of the paparazzi.
Just what I thought. I could see the Princes using the courts for justice for their future wives if the paparazzi gets out of hand.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:48 AM
Heir Apparent

I'd like to know what happened to Diana's box, I still don't really get that one it's a mystery to me. I wouldn't mind perjury charges although I'd hate to go through all the evidence again, so they may not really be worth it.

'I know he was NOT drunk': Henri Paul's mother insists he was damned by flawed evidence | the Daily Mail
Old 04-08-2008, 02:24 AM
Royal Highness

A statement by Prince William and Prince Harry
7th April 2008

The Prince of Wales - In the News
Old 04-08-2008, 03:10 AM
Commoner

Thought as much

Thought as much, that it was an accident and as I said before Speed kills. I'm actually am surprised that Trevor Reese-Jones actually survived that accident although he had his seatbelt (or not - rumours that he didn't) on may have saved his life he could have broken his neck from the impact. The impact of that merc after hitting that pillar shows you that it was pure speed and with such impact plus not safety belts one is thrown about, that merc backend lifted turned and flung almost into the wall would kill anyone. I work for our Department of Transport and have seen graphic images from accidents and I mean grim.

Mr Fayed should let this rest but I have a feeling he won't do this. I feel for William and Harry, the Spencer family and even the Royal family to let this rest.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Maybe this verdict makes anybody happy: the princes and Diana's family because it signals the end to all that - Case closed.
For Fayed because he can twist it in his crazy mind like he wants to and believe that he finally was heard and got a verdict of unlawful death.
Okay, the family of Henri Paul, they must be disappointed but I thought the evidence about him having drunk two Ricards before he drove was enough to explain his part in the accident. Because it is still an accident that happened, the verdict only tells that it is possible to pinpoint the reason for the accident to the behaviour of two parties: Henri Paul's drinking and speeding and the pursuit of the paparazzi.

So may Diana rest in peace now.

'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.

Tags
diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, inquest, princess diana