The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-04-2012, 04:59 PM
Heir Apparent

She was under surveillance because she was a VIP. She made several trips to the USA. I'd think that any person of her stature would have been watched as a matter of course. It doesn't mean that they were spying on her for a malicious reason. This information has been in the public domain for some time. Just Google it.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Of course, the U.S. had a file on Diana. They have a file on the Queen, Philip, Charles, William, Kate and other members of the BRF who have visited the United States. Diana's calls were picked up in sweeps along with calls she was not a party to, but the conversants talked about her. The last call of Diana's picked up was from a restaurant in London before the accident. I don't know about calls made after the accident in regard to her death. I would imagine if anything concrete had been swept, it would surely have come out by now.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Okay, you learn something new every day here. I was never into the Diana conspiracy nor had enough interest to find out what agencies were surveilling her, although I knew those located in Britain were doing so and the newspapers were tapping in on her calls. As far as other countries, I didn't know this so thank you, ladies.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
It's the third or fourth chapter in the grand conspiracy written (or woven) by the Australian John Morgan, who is no doubt Mohammed Al Fayed's favourite author of fiction.

These are what the author describes as the main "shocking revelations":
Oh god please pass the barf bucket where do these people get these ideas. Thanks for the info Warren good to know i"m not missing much by not reading those books. And Chestern alot of your questions have been answered by Operation Pagat and the Inquest just look it up on google.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:52 AM
Aristocracy

If you want conspiracy, how about it wasn't Diana who was the target, but Dodi? Just a suggestion, please don't throw eggs at me.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaritsa View Post
If you want conspiracy, how about it wasn't Diana who was the target, but Dodi? Just a suggestion, please don't throw eggs at me.
I've always found that theory worth my attention. Some theories have suggested that he was involved in something shady and sadly Diana was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Had the deceased occupants of the Mercedes been poisoned, shot, stabbed, electrocuted, or caught an exotic disease overnight, I think that a conspiracy might make more sense regardless of the target. However, there are so many variables with a moving vehicle--particularly in a city--that I think that it's a highly unlikely way to assassinate someone. IMO an assassination requires that the killer or killers can control the situation; but in the case of that accident, things were truly chaotic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaritsa View Post
Old 04-09-2012, 10:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Drunk driver at the wheel whose judgment was impaired, no seat belts worn, aggressive paparazzi - this is why I can't get into the conspiracy theories.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Guys I haven't heard about the bodyguard since around 1998, I was watching a documentary on the night on youtube and it stated that he has amnesia about the actual crash and what lead up to the crash; has this situation changed at all?
Also I have never brought into the conspiracy theories especially after I heard that she wasn't wearing a seat belt, I always joke that the assassins must have paid her a considerable sum to convince her not to put on her seat belt thereby resulting in her internal injuries.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 04-14-2012, 11:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Not the most recent story, but one published at the time of the inquest about Trevor Rees Jones, the bodyguard. I can't find anything more current. He apparently lives a very low-key life nowadays:

After 10 years, has Diana's bodyguard finally remembered what happened that night? | Mail Online
Old 05-21-2012, 07:25 PM
Nobility

I just happened to watch the documentary "Diana: The Witnesses In The Tunnel" on Youtube. One question just popped up in my mind. One journalist said in the documentary that Diana was very open to them for the whole summer, (one can say that she was on her own initiative to give photographs to the paparazzi) he didn't expect that they would have hidden from them that night. I really wondering why her attitude changed 180 degree that night, why she would be so desperate to hide from paparazzi.

Anyone have any idea about that?
Old 05-21-2012, 07:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Wasn't Diana always subject to sudden mood swings? She may have decided that she didn't want to cooperate with the paparazzi on a whim, or their aggressive tactics might just have scared the hell out of her that night and she just wanted to get away from them.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Wasn't Diana always subject to sudden mood swings? She may have decided that she didn't want to cooperate with the paparazzi on a whim, or their aggressive tactics might just have scared the hell out of her that night and she just wanted to get away from them.
Why don't you just say she was mad, that solves everything.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by anbrida View Post
Excuse me? Why are you putting words in my mouth, since that wasn't my meaning at all. And you were the one who originally posed the question, so what kind of answer will satisfy you?
Old 05-21-2012, 07:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I don't get your point. It is quite well known that she did have mood swings, but I don't think anyone is saying she was mad.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Excuse me? Why are you putting words in my mouth, since that wasn't my meaning at all.
Sorry, I apologize for my words. But I am really tired of people using "unstable", "mentally broken down" and all kinds of these words as reasons for all her moves.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Sorry, I apologize for my words. But I am really tired of people using "unstable", "mentally broken down" and all kinds of these words as reasons for all her moves.
But none of those terms was used in my post, and I certainly don't make such derogatory remarks about any person discussed on this forum.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
when talking about Diana's mood swings and some of the effects of her mental states due to her eating disorder and such, none of it here is ever said about Diana in a malicious way. There is an excellent discussion in the Diana forums dealing especially with these issues. I found it quite eye opening.

Diana's eating disorders and health issues
Old 05-21-2012, 07:59 PM
Nobility

Sure anybody can use "swing her moods" as an easy answer to that question. But I don't buy it, period.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:10 PM
Heir Apparent

So why do you think she started hiding from the paparazzi? I think that she had achieved what she wanted with all those pictures of her in her bathing suit. She succeeded in upstaged Prince Charles's 50th birthday party for Camilla, she probably really annoyed Buckingham Palace, and perhaps she learned that Hasnat Khan still wasn't interested in her after her attempt to make him jealous. I think that she was probably tired of her vacation, tired of the press, and just wanted to get back to Britain and her boys.

Tags
diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, inquest, princess diana