The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-09-2010, 12:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
I downloaded both books. I will read them when I get around to them. I think both books are 600 pages each. I also bookmarked the Inquest notes. I will try to read it also. The download was $10.00 each.
I saw those I was thinking of getting them but I was a bit hesitant. Please Georgiea when you finish reading them let us know if there is anything new

Old 08-09-2010, 03:00 PM
Serene Highness

PRINCESS DIANA INQUEST: NEW QUESTIONS

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Princess Diana inquest: New questions

PRINCESS DIANA: THE MISSING CLUES

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Princess Diana: The missing clues

Old 08-09-2010, 04:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh good lord! Here we go.... Tbh the only question I've ever had about the crash that was never brought up in any of the papers I've read was who tipped off the papz in the first place? Were they just following them all day and that's how they knew they were at the Ritz? Also how did they found out Dodi and Diana were leaving from the back entrance?
Old 08-09-2010, 05:25 PM
Majesty

From watching/listening to and reading about the inquest they were following them all day and had staked out both the front and back of the hotel but Henri Paul is also seen, in the CCTV footage from that night, waving to those at the back door.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:11 PM
Heir Apparent

I can already disprove one of his key claims: The(alleged) second corpse in the morgue that night used to switch the blood samples.

If you watch this video I have posted above he says that in one photograph there are 2 full bottles of blood and in the same photo the body is lying beside those bottles but he says the body has yet to be opened.

Well I went looking in the Inquest transcripts and they had addressed this issue.

Q. In that photograph it was possible to identify two glass
17 bottles of what appeared to be blood --
18 A. Yes.
19 Q. -- which could not have been scooped from the
20 haemothorax, as Professor Lecomte suggested all the
21 samples were.
22 A. Because the chest had not been opened at that point.

10 Q. When he examined those photographs carefully and
11 critically, he identified the fact that before
12 Henri Paul was cut open on the chest to reveal the
13 haemothorax, there was a photograph of him lying on his
14 face.

So there you go. I dunno whether or not he mentioned this part of the transcript in his book or if he went into further detail but from what I read I can already disprove one of his points.

Actually even his other points such as CCTV footage and testimony showed he wasn't drunk has been mentioned hundreds of time and we've gone through how his best friend even mentioned he had become immune to alcohol so even with the amount he drank it really didn't show like it did with others. As for any claims about how long it took to get Diana to the hospital and why they chose the one they did has been mentioned so many times before that I just feel like it's all re-hash unless there's more in the book then what's been written in the papers. I'm not going to say they're investigation didn't have some flaws in them and yes I wish they had gotten more straight forward answers for some of the questions that remain instead of leaving them so open ended but what can you do? Though I don't think anyone killed Diana but then again what do I know...I will definitely get the book and read up on it see if there's anything new, which would be a first for me since I have never bought anything relating to Diana's death.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:28 PM
Heir Apparent

I think that common sense would suggest to some photographers that the couple might try to leave through a back exit. I don't think that there was anything particularly sinister about them showing up there. Perhaps it happens that way more often than we know, because celebrities don't often die in car accidents following a chase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
From watching/listening to and reading about the inquest they were following them all day and had staked out both the front and back of the hotel but Henri Paul is also seen, in the CCTV footage from that night, waving to those at the back door.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:28 PM
Heir Apparent

I think alot of things that happened that night do normally happen but we just question it more so because of the results that came about in the end which was of course the death of 3 out of the 4 passengers in the car.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:27 PM
Heir Apparent

You're right, of course. It was a terrible accident by anyone's standards, even if it didn't happen to include the most famous woman in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
I think alot of things that happened that night do normally happen but we just question it more so because of the results that came about in the end which was of course the death of 3 out of the 4 passengers in the car.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:00 PM
Serene Highness

Today is the 13th anniversary of Princess Diana's death. I remember the day well. Early Sunday morning. I went outside to get my newspaper and saw the headline. The first words out of my mouth were "Oh, My God. I can't believe this." My mother who was still alive at the time was watching CNN, it was about 5:30 a.m. EST. She had seen it earlier but knew I would be getting up soon, so didn't wake me to tell me the news. Both of us were in total shock. By that time she had been pronounced deceased.

It would have been very difficult to do a well-planned accident because they changed their plans. Several individuals would have to be involved because one person couldn't pull this off. They would have to watching their every move without being noticed. This would be very difficult. Certain things you can't control and things happen beyond your control. But as one blogger said earlier, "Who knows?"
Old 09-01-2010, 05:44 AM
Nobility

The first time I heard the news of Princess Diana's death was in the early hours of that Sunday morning when I switched the radio on. I was horrified at the tragic news and my first thoughts were for her sons.

As for the notion that she was murdered: IMHO, that is absolute rubbish, what with the arbitrary nature of the crash and its uncertain outcome. No, way too great a stretch on the imagination. I've always believed that she was the victim of a tragic accident that need never have happened.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh for christ sake leave the woman alone! It has been 13 years when will these stories end?

< ed - Warren. Removed patently ridiculous "news" story >

Tony Blair told Princess Diana her relationship with Dodi Fayed was a problem | Politics | guardian.co.uk
Old 09-01-2010, 08:22 PM
Administrator

Guys, I've taken out all those posts discussing the "Hollywood psychic" who claims to have been introduced to Diana's spirit by the spirit of the Duchess of Windsor. I've also removed the "report" claiming that Prince Philip had Diana killed because she had refused his advances. For obvious reasons.

We don't need every piece of trash found on the internet to be repeated in these threads so I'd ask members to refrain from posting rubbish in the guise of "news" or to consider it worthy of comment.

thanks!

Warren
British Forums moderator
Old 11-01-2010, 07:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Key Princess Diana witness Abdelatif Redjil exposed as common thief | Mail Online (01/11/10).
Old 07-24-2011, 10:31 PM
Heir Apparent

This has to be THE best article ever written on the inquest
Stop the Diana Lies | Story | POWERWALL

Anyways reports have surfaced that the inquest is about to re-open
French court reopens Princess Diana's death case: Report - Times Of India
Old 01-26-2012, 10:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Um I'm sorry when did this happen? I didn't know they re-opened the case! For God's sake Mr Fayed let it go!
Princess Diana inquiry: Lord Condon answers claims that he withheld evidence into death | Mail Online
Old 01-27-2012, 12:02 PM
Heir Apparent

This will live in the courts until Al Fayed and his lawyers run out of reasons to appeal. To an extent, I think that conspiracy theories about Diana's death will always be with us. There will always be those who have a "feeling" that she was murdered and will try to find something to support that.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Actually as painful as it was for me to relive that night and I imagine for her children and her whole family, I wouldn't mind it being re-open, lemme explain why. Ok so you see people claim the inquest was done in England on purpose to hide evidence. Due to the fact the crash was in Paris they could not force witness' to attend the England inquest. If there is an inquiry held in France they could force everyone to come and testify hence hopefully it'll shut some people up about them trying to hide things by certain witness' not coming. I hope that made sense. Plus that author hasn't helped much with his what is it 5 part book series about the inquest, tho I personally have never read any of them myself.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Mr Fayed will never give up, he cannot accept that his son and heir was killed in a car accident. Of course he clooses to overlook what in a civil court would be his own responsibilities in the death....owner of The Ritz, owner of the Mercedes Benz, and employer of Henri Paul.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:26 PM
Aristocracy

i thought the reason it took so long for england to do their inquiry was because france had to get done with all of theirs?
Old 01-28-2012, 12:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Mr Fayed will never give up, he cannot accept that his son and heir was killed in a car accident. Of course he clooses to overlook what in a civil court would be his own responsibilities in the death....owner of The Ritz, owner of the Mercedes Benz, and employer of Henri Paul.
it's true but that night the last decition have dodi, no mohmed.

Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-

Tags
diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, inquest, princess diana