The Settelen Tapes

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hey im in north qld and i have only heard of like news kinda snippits.... how are the boys responding to all of this... i mean it is there dead mother

They must unfortunately be getting used to this sort of thing by now.

Unfortunately, the boys probably are getting used to it all. Sadly enough. I referred to Peter Settleton as "therapist" but I did not correctly explain the term as I intended. HE gave interviews about the tapes and explained his approach to her was to almost play the role of therapist and encourage her to go back and get in touch with her feelings--which he duly recorded--re: her family, growing up, Charles, etc. So he is not a therapist but tried to put himself in that role ostensibly to bring out the "passion and conviction" in her speeches. I can honestly say I found portions of the tapes interesting but in a watching a bunny get eaten by a fox kind of way as I really don't think she ever thought millions would see her through Settleton's lens courtesy of NBC. When will the next lot be shown? Whenever the next ratings "sweeps" period is for television!

You could try the NBC site; they offer transcripts of certain programs and videos, as well. Some but not all.
rchainho said:
Where i can find it or the transcript?
raquel

have anyone seen this video online?

I have a question about another Diana tape. I searched for a thread about the rape of a palace servant (committed by another servant) without finding one, so I think this seems to be an appropriate place to mention this. Diana made a tape of the victim's confession of the person guilty, saying the person's name, during her visit to the victim in hospital. She made this tape with the intention of bringing this tape to the authorities. However, the tape never got to the authorities, did it? My question is, why did Diana change her plan?
Furthermore, who found the tape and made it public? Where was it found? Is the guilty person brought to justice?

CasiraghiTrio said:
I have a question about another Diana tape. I searched for a thread about the rape of a palace servant (committed by another servant) without finding one, so I think this seems to be an appropriate place to mention this. Diana made a tape of the victim's confession of the person guilty, saying the person's name, during her visit to the victim in hospital. She made this tape with the intention of bringing this tape to the authorities. However, the tape never got to the authorities, did it? My question is, why did Diana change her plan?
Furthermore, who found the tape and made it public? Where was it found? Is the guilty person brought to justice?
From what I can recall, the police did investigate this allegation, and no charges were laid. I've always found Diana's involvement in this matter curious.

Last edited:
I actually taped the program on VHS. The broadcast was very interesting.

I'm not sure, even if he wanted to, that Settelen can publish any more of the tapes than he already has. Copyright laws are specific-in the United States, only 10% of any footage of another person's image from one specific source can be published, no matter who 'owns' the footage. It's the same with written material-if I had, say, a diary of Diana's, I would only be able to publish 10% of the total writings within. I would imagine that the UK has a similar restriction.

Back
Top Bottom