The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-30-2018, 02:12 AM
Aristocracy

Alternatively, is the BRF directly related to Pierre (de Polignac) of Valentinois, who is Prince Rainier’s father? I’d love to see if there any ties, separately from Rainier—but simply through Pierre’s side.

Old 11-30-2018, 02:16 AM
Aristocracy

I also had an additional theory: Is Princess Michael of Kent related to royals that are not directly tied to QE and Diana themselves? I wish there was a person in the BRF who could “seal” the missing genealogical ties (in the case of having the distinction of adding even more unique ancestral lines that were not present in the BRF beforehand; I should have explained this better). But I hope this mystery person could be tied to either William or Harry, as its extremely obvious that QE, Philip and Charles are all never going to have issue again. Hopefully Prince George can tie up loose ends perhaps? He is a very, very unique case (in my opinion), because QE, Philip, Diana, Wills and Catherine EACH have an impressive ancestral line, as individuals! It gives me such joy and happiness to know that a future king of the UK is a Spencer, Windsor, Romanov, AND Middleton/Lupton, all in one? I just have a strong wish that he will survive long enough to marry someone and have a male heir, but another child as well—as well as live comfortably (I say that because being a royal is probably the world’s most stressful and time consuming job). It’s stressful when you have millions of your subjects’ lives in your hands; one wrong move and the individual monarch could suffer extreme consequences!

Old 02-12-2019, 01:19 PM
Aristocracy

I did read the replies.
I have a book that says the BRF is directly related to the Polignac side of royalty.
But, they didn’t give an actual chart.
The book is “Ancestry of The Royal Child”.
Direct descendants are in bold, and the Polignacs are listed in bold under the France section of the book.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenElizabeth2Fan View Post
I another child as well—as well as live comfortably (I say that because being a royal is probably the world’s most stressful and time consuming job). It’s stressful when you have millions of your subjects’ lives in your hands; one wrong move and the individual monarch could suffer extreme consequences!
How is being a constitutional monarch such a major job? the Monarch has no power and little influence... they don't "have their subjects lives in their hands" at all.....
Old 02-12-2019, 06:53 PM
Aristocracy

I meant in terms of public image.
What did you think of my other questions?
Old 02-12-2019, 07:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
How is being a constitutional monarch such a major job? the Monarch has no power and little influence... they don't "have their subjects lives in their hands" at all.....
Aged 92, Queen Elizabeth II has only two days completely off a year, Christmas day and Easter Sunday. If that's not a major job I don't know what is?
Even if a monarch has no formal power they still have to be in regular contact with the Government and Parliament and all other parts of society to keep themselves informed with what's going on in their country and the world. Most monarchs, The King of Sweden excluded, sign laws and approve new governments while, if I've understood it correctly from posts made here on the forums, The King of The Netherlands is even part of the government.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:44 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I did read the replies.
I have a book that says the BRF is directly related to the Polignac side of royalty.
But, they didn’t give an actual chart.
The book is “Ancestry of The Royal Child”.
Direct descendants are in bold, and the Polignacs are listed in bold under the France section of the book.
If true, wouldn't that make HM close relatives of the Princely Family of Monaco...who are Grimaldi-Polignacs in direct line?

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 02-13-2019, 05:40 AM
Royal Highness

Interestingly, DoS Meghan has a connection to the Spencer and Bowes-Lyon family lines via her paternal ancestry. In addition, the Brudenell family is related to the Spencer and Seymour family lines. It was known when Harry was dating his former girlfriend, lingerie model and actress, Florence Brudenell-Bruce, that she's his cousin 8 times removed. So, as well, DoS Meghan and Harry's former girlfriend, Florence, are also related via Spencer-Seymour ancestry with the common ancestral line tracing all the way back to King Edward III.

Here's a link to the chart showing Harry's & Meghan's shared Spencer-Seymour & Bowes-Lyon ancestry. Florence Brudenell-Bruce's ancestor, George, 3rd Earl of Cardigan is listed on the chart in one of the Wentworth-Seymour lines:
https://www.americanancestors.org/Ro...an-Markle.aspx
Click on the pdf download to access the chart

DoS Meghan and Florence Brudenell-Bruce (now married to wealthy financier Henry St. George), also bear a bit of facial resemblance:
https://vg-images.condecdn.net/image...272_master.jpg
https://vg-images.condecdn.net/image...ul11_getty.jpg
Old 02-13-2019, 12:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Aged 92, Queen Elizabeth II has only two days completely off a year, Christmas day and Easter Sunday. If that's not a major job I don't know what is?
Even if a monarch has no formal power they still have to be in regular contact with the Government and Parliament and all other parts of society to keep themselves informed with what's going on in their country and the world. Most monarchs, The King of Sweden excluded, sign laws and approve new governments while, if I've understood it correctly from posts made here on the forums, The King of The Netherlands is even part of the government.
Its still not a job where the "fate fo millions" is in their hands.. they are just a small part of the government who have the responsibility for the "millions". THey do what the GOvt tell them which is mianly ceremonial duties.
The queen keeps in touch with what's going on, but she has plenty of time off....
Old 02-13-2019, 12:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
The queen keeps in touch with what's going on, but she has plenty of time off....
And I am thankful that it is this way! She is an old lady and for her "service to the country" is not something she takes easy. So I am glad that she takes the time to do the things that she likes to do.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
And I am thankful that it is this way! She is an old lady and for her "service to the country" is not something she takes easy. So I am glad that she takes the time to do the things that she likes to do.
Yes but she's not someone who has the "fate of millions in her hands" or who has to make big decisions on behalf of her people....
Old 02-13-2019, 04:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Not really "Spencer ancestry" those last posts
Old 02-13-2019, 05:41 PM
Aristocracy

This is all that the book says (with direct descendants listed in bold font):
France section (page 71):
“HRH’s (William, DoCambridge) forebears include the great historian Geoffroy de Villehardouin. HRH’s most recent French ancestress was Hyacinthe Gabrielle Roland, Marchioness Wellesley. But indeed, the names of HRH’s earlier (direct) French ancestors read like a roll call of French chivalry: (the families of) Montmorentcy, Guise, La Rochefoucauld + Rouchechouart, Rohan, Polignac, Bauffremont, and La Tour d’Auvergne.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
If true, wouldn't that make HM close relatives of the Princely Family of Monaco...who are Grimaldi-Polignacs in direct line?
I posted a verbatim excerpt from the book.
Direct descendants of Prince William are listed in bold font.
The only thing they didn’t do was list a full chart of William’s Polignac ancestry.
The chart only gives his Capetian, Valois, and Bourbon ancestry chart (all in one chart, with a reference to Table #7, which has Diana’s Stuart bloodline).
Old 02-17-2019, 10:13 PM
Aristocracy

Is Diana related to Champlain?
Champlain (I presume) is the man who was sent to Canada to (I guess) establish a settlement there in the 1600s.
One of the King Henry’s of France sent Champlain to Canada.
Old 02-17-2019, 10:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Is Diana related to Champlain?
Champlain (I presume) is the man who was sent to Canada to (I guess) establish a settlement there in the 1600s.
One of the King Henry’s of France sent Champlain to Canada.
Champlain founded Quebec city, but no he was not sent there as a settler. He got into sailing through his uncle Francois Du Pont who was a fur trader. Samuel was a cartographer and navigator who intended to travel further then Jacques Cartier who came before him. It was King Henry IV who his Uncle and he later worked for.

Samuel Champlain had no descendents, he and his wife never had children. His closest family, besides his wife when he died, was a maternal cousin who contested his will. If Diana is related to that cousin or any other distant family, not certain as they were not historically documented.
Old 02-19-2019, 12:30 PM
Aristocracy

Interesting!
I know Diana and Camilla are related.
Is Diana related to any of Sarah or Camilla’s Canadian relatives, via one of Camilla or Sarah’s ancestors?
Old 02-19-2019, 02:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

A Victorian portrait at Althorp House of Charlotte, Countess Spencer, a great beauty who was known as "Spencer's Fairy Queen"!!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DzyWIhVW...jpg&name=large

Sunset at Althorp House!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dzkl06GX...jpg&name=large
Old 02-19-2019, 05:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Interesting!
Is Diana related to any of Sarah or Camilla’s Canadian relatives, via one of Camilla or Sarah’s ancestors?
Yes Diana and Sarah were also related.

LaRae
Old 02-20-2019, 11:20 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Yes Diana and Sarah were also related.

LaRae
I already knew that.
But, is Diana related to any Canadian ancestors through being related to Sarah?
Old 02-20-2019, 12:27 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Interesting!
They are related via the Dutch/British aristocratic family (Van) Keppel. Diana, Camilla and Sarah have Sophia Mary Countess Keppel née MacNab as shared Canadian ancestor. She is the daughter of Sir Allan Napier MacNab, Baronet, then Premier of the province of Canada.

Lady Diana Frances Spencer
=
Edward John Spencer, VIII Earl Spencer
x The Hon. Frances Ruth Burke Roche

Edward John Spencer, VIII Earl Spencer
=
Albert Edward John Spencer, VII Earl Spencer
x Lady Cynthia Ellinor Beatrix Hamilton

Lady Cynthia Ellinor Beatrix Hamilton
=
James Albert Edward Hamilton, III Duke of Abercorn
x Lady Rosalind Cecilia Caroline Bingham

James Albert Edward Hamilton, III Duke of Abercorn
=
James Hamilton, II Duke of Abercorn
x Lady Mary Anna Curzon-Howe

James Hamilton, II Duke of Abercorn
=
James Hamilton, I Duke of Abercorn
x Lady Louisa Jane Russell

Lady Louisa Jane Russell
=
John Russell, VI Duke of Bedford
x Lady Georgiana Gordon

John Russell, VI Duke of Bedford
=
Francis Russell, Marquess of Tavistock
x Lady Elizabeth Keppel

Lady Elizabeth Keppel
=
Willem Anne van Keppel, II Earl of Albemarle
x Lady Anne Lennox
=
George Keppel, III Earl of Albemarle

George Keppel, III Earl of Albemarle
x Anne Miller
= William Charles Keppel, IV Earl of Albemarle

William Charles Keppel, IV Earl of Albemarle
x The Hon. Elizabeth Southwell
=
George Thomas Keppel, VI Earl of Albemarle

George Thomas Keppel, VI Earl of Albemarle
x Susan Coutts Trotter
=
William Coutts Keppel, VII Earl of Albemarle

William Coutts Keppel, VII Earl of Albemarle
x Sophia Mary MacNab
=
The Hon. George Keppel

The Hon. George Keppel
x The Hon. Alicia Frederica Edmonstone
=
Sonia Rosemary Keppel

Sonia Rosemary Keppel
x Roland Calvert Cubitt, III Baron Ashcombe
=
The Hon. Rosalind Maud Cubitt

The Hon. Rosalind Maud Cubitt
x Bruce Middleton Hope Shand
= Camilla Rosemary Shand

Tags
althorp, diana, diana princess of wales, diana's family, diana: a celebration, earl spencer, genealogy, museum, princess diana