The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-03-2018, 12:27 PM
Courtier

That's not what the experts say.

"If you go back to the time of Charlemagne, forty generations or so, you should get to a generation of a trillion ancestors. That’s about two thousand times more people than existed on Earth when Charlemagne was alive."

Charlemagne’s DNA and Our Universal Royalty – Phenomena

The intermarriage between royalty and nobility for 1,000 years could not possibly account for 500 million "missing" ancestors.

See also "You’re Descended from Royalty and So Is Everybody Else" by Dr. Adam Rutherford:

Nefertiti, Confucius, Genghis Khan, and Charlemagne Are Almost Certainly on Your Family Tree

Old 05-03-2018, 01:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
One thing to remember too and its a big factor is that there was a period in which the plague wiped out quite a bit of the population throughout Europe and Great Britain. The Black Death is estimated to have killed 30–60% of Europe's total population. In total, the plague may have reduced the world population from an estimated 450 million down to 350–375 million in the 14th century.

Its logical to believe that during that time, it was the upper crust, the nobility and the royal families that were able to isolate and disassociate themselves from the general hoi polloi, have a healthier diet and sanitation measures to be able to survive and procreate down through the years.

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 05-03-2018, 01:52 PM
Courtier

And while medieval men may have restricted their marriage partners to women from the same class, that didn't always apply to their sexual partners. To use a more recent example, Charles II left no legitimate children but through his acknowledged illegitimate children he has thousands of descendants living today.
Old 05-03-2018, 02:15 PM
Nobility

I'm familiar with what the experts say. And understand what they're saying. I just do not agree with the conclusions.

One interesting thing would be to use the dna samples of the 12 million or people that have gotten tested over the past decade or so and see how many of them are actually descended from Charlemagne.

I wouldn't mind being proven wrong.
Old 05-03-2018, 02:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I had my DNA tested and I'm 18% British. So, I'm a possible descendant of the same people Diana, Princess of Wales is.

We also have to take into consideration that there is a line of descent in Diana's bloodline that stems from the USA. Diana is the 2nd cousin 1 time removed to Oliver Platt best known for his role currently in the US drama Chicago Med. Not all Diana's ancestry stems from the English aristocracy.

https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Work-16
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 05-03-2018, 02:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tihkon2 View Post
One interesting thing would be to use the dna samples of the 12 million or people that have gotten tested over the past decade or so and see how many of them are actually descended from Charlemagne.
You can be a descendant of Charlemagne and still not have any of his DNA.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...dam-rutherford
Old 05-03-2018, 02:26 PM
Nobility

Anyhow...thanks for posting all the interesting lines of Diana over the past month. Cool to see a lot of the lines of descent actually shown .
Old 05-12-2018, 08:48 PM
Gentry

James Morgan and Margery Hill - Diana was the 10th cousin of ::

(Don't know if she watched any of these....the score kind of matches her own life, post divorce.)
[video]
Old 09-04-2018, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The 15th Althorp Literary Festival took place on the estate at the end of August.

http://www.theweek.co.uk/95918/join-...erary-festival
Old 10-04-2018, 12:31 PM
Courtier

New details on Diana's Armenian/Indian ancestor Eliza Kewark:

https://vita-brevis.org/2018/09/furt...cess-of-wales/

Tags
althorp, diana, diana princess of wales, diana's family, diana: a celebration, earl spencer, genealogy, museum, princess diana