The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-01-2017, 08:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
I find that Panorama interview difficult to watch. Diana, IMHO, comes off as whiney and unpleasant. I'd rather remember her as a buoyant and graceful do-gooder, even if it's a limited aspect of her personality.
it was a part of her, just as the unhappy, slightly paranoid side was also a part of her. She was a good worker for charity causes, she had a real sympathy for people in need and she did her best to help them. She also was a little crazy, at times...having lived under severe stress for many years. Both parts of her are real, and the one does not negate the other.
but I do fautlt her a bit, no matter how unhappy she was, for attacking Charles as she did. He did push "his side" of the story a bit, through is friends and directly himself in the Dimbleby book, but I don't think that he saw her through quite the same distorted lens as she saw him.. I think some of his friends DID label her as "really bonkers" in talking to the press...but I think he was reluctant to do so and did not attack her in quite the way she attacked him..
I think that most of us have known times in marriage when there are bad times and one may not see one's partner in a good light.. whether it gets to the point of divorce or not..but most of us don't write books or put out an attack on the partner, publicly...

Old 07-01-2017, 11:20 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
it was a part of her, just as the unhappy, slightly paranoid side was also a part of her. She was a good worker for charity causes, she had a real sympathy for people in need and she did her best to help them. She also was a little crazy, at times...having lived under severe stress for many years. Both parts of her are real, and the one does not negate the other.
but I do fautlt her a bit, no matter how unhappy she was, for attacking Charles as she did. He did push "his side" of the story a bit, through is friends and directly himself in the Dimbleby book, but I don't think that he saw her through quite the same distorted lens as she saw him.. I think some of his friends DID label her as "really bonkers" in talking to the press...but I think he was reluctant to do so and did not attack her in quite the way she attacked him..
I think that most of us have known times in marriage when there are bad times and one may not see one's partner in a good light.. whether it gets to the point of divorce or not..but most of us don't write books or put out an attack on the partner, publicly...
Diana was a very young girl when she married Charles. He should have never even thought about marrying her in the first place. It was a marriage doomed from the start. Charles should have shown some balls and stood up to his bully daddy and married the woman he actually loved. I can't fault Diana for going "bonkers" because she was in a loveless marriage and under so much stress and everyone around her (her family, the queen, her ridiculous husband) expected her to buck up and take the abuse they meted out without question. It must have been horrible for her. I felt sorry for her then and I still do. I just cannot get over my dislike of Charles and Camilla. He was and is an arrogant, mean, unfeeling man and Camilla was a snake. Now, 20 years later, everybody is trying to change the story. I don't believe for a minute they had nothing to do with this Junor biography. They did and it was timed to make them both look good. It's making me stabby.

Old 07-01-2017, 11:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

What abuse?

Tags
diana princess of wales, interviews, martin bashir, panorama, princess diana