The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 07:57 PM

Merry go round, how we merrily go round, how we merrily go round, the Merry go round.

Old 06-09-2007, 08:34 PM
Serene Highness

A stitch-up in time
Isnít it a bit too soon to weave the death of Princess Diana into a thriller?

A stitch-up in time-Arts & Entertainment-Books-Fiction-TimesOnline

Old 06-09-2007, 08:43 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Oh..yes. I think it is too soon. But again. It's a personal opinion. All here knows what an old-fashioned old crow I am...

Vanesa.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:47 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_cc
In my opinion,Diana alwyas wanted everything,including the Prince of Wales, the man and his whole heart. But she can only have the title, the man but not his heart. Charles loved Diana as a wife but he was not very in love with her. Diana did not want a divource because she did not want to be like her mother to have a failed marriage. She was angry and hatred about Camilla because Camilla always had Charles' heart even she was not his legal wife. I regard as a possession more than a love itself and of course there was an sense of entitlment in Diana because she was the wife and he should love her not Camilla.

My personal tought is that she doesn't marry Prince Charles for money or just to be Queen. All people who knews Lady Diana story knows this is fake. I'm not a big fan of her, but I see reality and I don't distort it just to fit it with my own prejudices and toughts. Lady Diana was in love with Prince Charles (at first). He did not. This is the truth.

Vanesa.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanesa
My personal tought is that she doesn't marry Prince Charles for money or just to be Queen. All people who knews Lady Diana story knows this is fake. I'm not a big fan of her, but I see reality and I don't distort it just to fit it with my own prejudices and toughts. Lady Diana was in love with Prince Charles (at first). He did not. This is the truth.

Vanesa.
Whatever in love means. Diana probaly had a naive version of being in love with someone not a realistic version of being in love with someone. I just have difficulties to accept that a person can be in love with each other despite lack of understand the character, dislikes of his interests and feel discomfortable in his enviroments. She did not known him well and how can she love him so much? She did not marry for money or to be queen. So I think marrying Charles is a dream rather a true love in reality.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:52 PM
Serene Highness

Video - What are your opnion? - Princess Diana documentary aired

Yahoo!
Old 06-10-2007, 05:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth
If she only loved the title of Prince of Wales and not Charles why did she accept the divorce ? Why did she talk about Camilla and all? If she married Charles only to be Queen she would have shut her mouth even if it was disturbing her. I still believe she loved Charles and Charles loved her at a time.
She was forced into the divorce by HM, she believed by blaming Camilla that she would retain the sympathy and support of the 'public'. In her infamous interview, she said that Charles was not fit to be King, taken by many to mean that he should step down and allow her to rule through William.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanesa
but I see reality and I don't distort it just to fit it with my own prejudices and toughts. Lady Diana was in love with Prince Charles (at first). He did not. This is the truth.
Well sadly this is your version of reality. Diana was in love with the idea of being in love and with the title she would get. I won't say this is the truth - just that this is my opinion.

My reply to the people that decry any book on Diana as not being the truth as they believe it, is to remember that most of your opinions of Camilla are based on one book and articles biased by that one book.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
She was forced into the divorce by HM, she believed by blaming Camilla that she would retain the sympathy and support of the 'public'. In her infamous interview, she said that Charles was not fit to be King, taken by many to mean that he should step down and allow her to rule through William.
Okay, but if she really wanted to rule then she would have kept the Camilla affair for her. When you are determinated to do something you forget about what makes you sad or angry. She never married Charles to be Queen, that's my opinion.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 06-10-2007, 09:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Okay, but if she really wanted to rule then she would have kept the Camilla affair for her. When you are determinated to do something you forget about what makes you sad or angry. She never married Charles to be Queen, that's my opinion.
She didn't think any further at the time of their engagement, to being anything other than a 'princess'. When she finally realised that it included the prince, she still thought she could 'have her cake and eat it', remain a princess but lead a separate life from Charles.

As BeatrixFan has said, we are just going round and round.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Okay, let's go forward. I've posted this :

Quote:
I think Penny Junor wrote a book one day, saying something really bad about Diana (sorry I don't remember the book ...) and on the releasing day, Charles denied this story. Is it true ?
I didn't get an answer. Do you know about this ?

Because it matters...
Old 06-10-2007, 10:17 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Let's stick to only current news. Its a bit of a stretch to talk about Tina Brown's book in Diana's News thread but since she is just publishing it, it is part of the latest news on Diana.

But for the other books, there are too many out there, none of them current, and many of them are questionable.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 06-10-2007, 12:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Once Tina Brown's book is out and people have had a chance to read it, feel free to discuss your opinions of the book in the thread in the Library:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...own-12031.html

There's also a thread over there for all the books being published to coincide with the 10th anniversary of Diana's death:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ath-12255.html

As ysbel said, discussion about this book is both a book discussion and a news discussion; however, I think that discussions specifically about the book and the author would be better off in the Library thread while more general discussions about some of the claims in the book, which relate to Diana's life and have already been talked about here, are fine in this thread.

On the other hand, a rehash of the whole Charles-Camilla-Diana three-in-the-marriage eternal triangle, complete with pitched battles by armed camps of Diana fans and Diana haters, will be looked upon with extreme moderatorial disfavour. Just so you know...
Old 06-10-2007, 02:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
On the other hand, a rehash of the whole Charles-Camilla-Diana three-in-the-marriage eternal triangle, complete with pitched battles by armed camps of Diana fans and Diana haters, will be looked upon with extreme moderatorial disfavour. Just so you know...
I do think there is a world of difference between someone who saw Diana in a less than flattering light, simply disliked her and someone who hated/hates her.
Old 06-10-2007, 04:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

There is, but I don't know that there's all that much difference when a person who claims to simply see Diana through plain lenses rather than rose-coloured ones can't bring him/herself to acknowledge (without resorting to excuses or sarcasm) that Diana had a single good point or any genuine grievances. Equally, a person who claims to be an objective admirer of Diana and to be aware of Diana's faults, but who describes those faults as virtues and simply sees Diana as a victim of her own good nature and the evils of others, is also not being entirely honest. Same for people's perceptions of Charles and Camilla. We've been through several threads that simply turned into entrenched pitched battles and went absolutely nowhere worth going to, and we're not going to let hope triumph over experience this time, because there's no reason why the fourth or fifth trip round this particular mulberry bush will be any different from the previous ones.
Old 06-10-2007, 04:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

I've just watched the Documentary of Channel 4 "Diana: The Witnesses of The Tunnel". It came out that beside 'the' photos, it was very interesting IMO. By hearing all those witnesses I can make myself a better idea of what happened. I recommend to watch it even as a Diana admirer because you really understand the situation.

Because it matters...
Old 06-11-2007, 12:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

There are reports that Diana converted to Islam in secret. Also, she and Dodi were going to live in a sunny place- Australia or South Africa and she was wanting to become a world-renowned documentrary maker in Australia. (claimed by some reports)

Diana 'converted to Islam' - World - smh.com.au
Old 06-11-2007, 12:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

I wonder if that was before or after the reports that she was wanting to convert to Catholicism. Some of these reporters take the slightest little hint and blow it up out of all proportion.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:30 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian
There are reports that Diana converted to Islam in secret. Also, she and Dodi were going to live in a sunny place- Australia or South Africa and she was wanting to become a world-renowned documentrary maker in Australia. (claimed by some reports)

Diana 'converted to Islam' - World - smh.com.au
Maybe she wanted to convert in order of marrying Dodi Al-Fayed...But after reading that there also were "rumors" that Lady Diana wanted to convert to Catholicism, I don't believe any of these "rumors". The yellow press needed news about the former wife of Prince Charles, and since they wouldn't get any...they simply made up them. Very nice and professional from their part...

Vanesa.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I've just watched the Documentary of Channel 4 "Diana: The Witnesses of The Tunnel". It came out that beside 'the' photos, it was very interesting IMO. By hearing all those witnesses I can make myself a better idea of what happened. I recommend to watch it even as a Diana admirer because you really understand the situation.
Different views can only add to people's knowledge of a person or event. The problems start when only one side is presented. I'm glad you gave it a chance.

Tags
diana princess of wales, princess diana