The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 03:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234
I suggest you read this article
The most savage attack on Diana EVER | the Daily Mail

Just as I don't find it amusing that whenever there is a negative story about Diana, the Camilla fans are the first ones to say its true.
We do know that Camilla and APB courted for 3 years, not the time stated by Tina Brown, we can also see that it was not Camilla or Charles' friends that she spoke to.
This is, IMO, the most truthful sentence in the excerpt.

"Diana ruthlessly pursued Charles because of his position. Her mother Frances Shand Kydd tried to talk her out of the marriage. When she demanded to know whether she loved the Prince or loved "what he is", Diana retorted: "What's the difference".

The fact that Camilla and Charles have been together for so long, through slings and arrows, is for me, an example of a deep and abiding love for one another, not love of a title or position.

Old 06-09-2007, 03:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

I accept that Diana wasn't perfect there were times when she was vindictive and manipulative but we are all like that.

Old 06-09-2007, 03:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
I think Penny Junor wrote a book one day, saying something really bad about Diana (sorry I don't remember the book ...) and on the releasing day, Charles denied this story. Is it true ?

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 06-09-2007, 03:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth
What's really amusing is that during her lifetime no one dared to attack Diana and now, after 10 years, everybody has something to say and make money of it. What a band of miserly people !
That is not true. On the morning of her death, the papers were poised to do a hatchet job on Diana, likening her to a woodentop, the twitterings of a woman who, if her IQ were five points lower, would have to be watered daily.
Even the media was getting a little tired of the constant holidays and boyfriends.
Old 06-09-2007, 03:43 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by misselle
Diana wasn't a saint,she wasn't perfect,but she also was not a monster!She had her faults,but she was a likeable human being who had the ability to sit down and talk with any one and make them feel special.

Both women should be treated fairly.
Well put. But, the Camilla fans will never accept this reality, and vice versa for the dedicated Dianaists.

But, Diana could be a monster at times. I'm sure Camilla is no saint 24/7, either. They are and were just human beings, after all.
Old 06-09-2007, 03:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
That is not true. On the morning of her death, the papers were poised to do a hatchet job on Diana, likening her to a woodentop, the twitterings of a woman who, if her IQ were five points lower, would have to be watered daily.
Even the media was getting a little tired of the constant holidays and boyfriends.
Well yeah okay, but we'll have to admitt that everyone wants a portion of the cake

Because it matters...
Old 06-09-2007, 03:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by misselle
but she was a likeable human being who had the ability to sit down and talk with any one and make them feel special.
Not to everyone or indeed anyone and to me this is where the problem arises. The Diana fans would have us believe that everyone thought she was wonderful, when the simple fact is they didn't. Nor do I suggest that everyone likes Camilla or that she can make everyone feel special (although now she has been given a chance, many who have met her would say she made them feel special).
Old 06-09-2007, 03:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Even if I really like Diana that doesn't mean I hate Camilla. I'm sure both , Diana and Camilla, have something special. Nobody is totally white or totally black. I think that's what people forget sometimes. The Diana fans think Camilla is the demon and same thing for Diana in the Camilla 'Club'. I wish for PEACE between the 2 groups lol.

Because it matters...
Old 06-09-2007, 04:04 PM
Aristocracy

I also posted these words:I am a Diana fan,but I also accept Camilla,now.I wish that things had turned out differently,but Diana is dead,life goes on,and Camilla is part of Charles' life. Both women should be treated fairly.
Both women should be treated fairly.Camilla will do well,but there are those people out there who don't want her to do well;these people are irrational in their dislike of her.And the anti-Diana group are equally as irrational in their dislike of her.Both women are not perfect because they are human beings.Every one should be treated with dignity,respect,courtesy and it's sad that there are people out there making money by printing salacious,biased,not completely truthful biographies.
Old 06-09-2007, 04:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Even if I really like Diana that doesn't mean I hate Camilla. I'm sure both , Diana and Camilla, have something special. Nobody is totally white or totally black. I think that's what people forget sometimes. The Diana fans think Camilla is the demon and same thing for Diana in the Camilla 'Club'.
What about those of us who didn't like the Diana we saw right from the start, when there was no Camilla or Diana camp? Perhaps it is simply a case of exercising our own judgement, based on what we have seen, heard or experienced.
What has always disturbed me, is that many people dislike/hate Camilla based on rumour, gossip and a bitter woman looking to place the blame anywhere but at her own doorstep. A dislike based solely on what they have read and insinuation.
Old 06-09-2007, 04:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

I can't remember that time, I was 6 when Diana died lol. What I see today is 2 camps but thank god there's still some people like you and me who don't fight because we like one of the 2 women.

Because it matters...
Old 06-09-2007, 04:18 PM

I think what people have to realise is that (especially for those of us in Britain) the barrage of pro-Diana press which remains sycophantic and idol-worshipping even in the face of evidence that shows Diana was human and did do things wrong occassionally, is extremely irritating and annoying. It raises people's tempers because the press seem to want to represent every Briton as a cabbie-types who go around with pictures of Di in our wallets, getting teary eyed when we hear her name and choking back sobs as we say,"Gawd bless 'er". And that isn't the case. The problem is with generalisation. Diana fans tend to say, "All the world loved her" and "Everyone thought she was so special" and that is not only untrue but silly and that silliness makes people angry. Whenever these conversations take place, those who don't like Diana simply give up because it seems the brick wall of Di-love is totally unbreakable, however much evidence you show that some of the foundations of that wall are a bit wobbly.
Old 06-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

And even if I admire Diana, I agree that it get's on my nerves sometimes too. She's dead. You would like to say : " Okay it was sad, but geez people get on with it ! "

Because it matters...
Old 06-09-2007, 04:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
We do know that Camilla and APB courted for 3 years, not the time stated by Tina Brown, we can also see that it was not Camilla or Charles' friends that she spoke to.

"Diana ruthlessly pursued Charles because of his position. Her mother Frances Shand Kydd tried to talk her out of the marriage. When she demanded to know whether she loved the Prince or loved "what he is", Diana retorted: "What's the difference".

The fact that Camilla and Charles have been together for so long, through slings and arrows, is for me, an example of a deep and abiding love for one another, not love of a title or position.
Hang on a minute - this "truthful sentence" is a verbatim account of what appears to be a private conversation between mother and daughter. What are the sources? Was Mrs Shand Kydd recording the conversation and handed a tape to a journalist, or how did the author know what had been said between the two of them?
Old 06-09-2007, 06:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Hang on a minute - this "truthful sentence" is a verbatim account of what appears to be a private conversation between mother and daughter. What are the sources? Was Mrs Shand Kydd recording the conversation and handed a tape to a journalist, or how did the author know what had been said between the two of them?
Whether FSK said this or tried to talk her out of the marriage or not, I believe that she did pursue Charles - "Diana ruthlessly pursued Charles because of his position. Her mother Frances Shand Kydd tried to talk her out of the marriage. When she demanded to know whether she loved the Prince or loved "what he is", Diana retorted: "What's the difference".

I have always said, IMO, Diana loved the Prince of Wales not Charles the man.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Whether FSK said this or tried to talk her out of the marriage or not, I believe that she did pursue Charles - "Diana ruthlessly pursued Charles because of his position. Her mother Frances Shand Kydd tried to talk her out of the marriage. When she demanded to know whether she loved the Prince or loved "what he is", Diana retorted: "What's the difference".

I have always said, IMO, Diana loved the Prince of Wales not Charles the man.
Well thats your opinion Skydragon.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:18 PM
Serene Highness

Channel 4 sued over Diana death crash photo

Channel 4 sued over Diana death crash photo | News | This is London

DIANA: PHILIP HATES ME

Sunday Express: The World's Greatest Newspaper :: News / Showbiz :: Diana: Philip hates me
Old 06-09-2007, 07:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

If she only loved the title of Prince of Wales and not Charles why did she accept the divorce ? Why did she talk about Camilla and all? If she married Charles only to be Queen she would have shut her mouth even if it was disturbing her. I still believe she loved Charles and Charles loved her at a time.

Because it matters...
Old 06-09-2007, 07:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
If she only loved the title of Prince of Wales and not Charles why did she accept the divorce ? Why did she talk about Camilla and all? If she married Charles only to be Queen she would have shut her mouth even if it was disturbing her. I still believe she loved Charles and Charles loved her at a time.
In my opinion,Diana alwyas wanted everything,including the Prince of Wales, the man and his whole heart. But she can only have the title, the man but not his heart. Charles loved Diana as a wife but he was not very in love with her. Diana did not want a divource because she did not want to be like her mother to have a failed marriage. She was angry and hatred about Camilla because Camilla always had Charles' heart even she was not his legal wife. I regard as a possession more than a love itself and of course there was an sense of entitlment in Diana because she was the wife and he should love her not Camilla.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Then he shouldn't have had married her love cc. Its cruel to have someone love you and you not love them the same way in return.

Tags
diana princess of wales, princess diana