The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 06:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Late Princess Diana news thread 5: April - June 2007

New Diana Case In France

Updated: 11:22, Monday March 19, 2007
Mohammed al Fayed is taking legal action in France against a former Metropolitan Police Commissioner.
The Harrods boss has alleged that Lord Condon deliberately withheld evidence from the French inquiry into the death of Diana, Princess of Wales, in 1997.
He believes that Diana's claims of a conspiracy to kill her should have formed part of his evidence.
But Lord Condon has insisted that he cooperated fully with the French investigation.
Another former senior police officer, Sir David Veness, is also accused by Mr al Fayed.

Advertisement

His allegations centre on an incident in 1995 when Diana told her lawyers that she believed there was a conspiracy to "put aside" her and Camilla Parker Bowles, either through an accident or some other means.
Mr al Fayed said: "Princess Diana, who was my dear friend, confided in me her fears that she would be involved in a car crash or something similar on the orders of the Royal Household.
"It has now emerged that her fears were expressed to at least a dozen other people."
He claims Lord Condon was aware of the comments within weeks of Diana's death and says this should have been disclosed to the Paris inquiry.
Earlier this month the appeal court backed Mr al Fayed's request for a jury to hear the British inquest into the death of Diana and his son Dodi.

Old 04-09-2007, 03:25 AM
Administrator

The Late Princess Diana news thread 5: April - June 2007

Coat of Arms of the Late Princess of Wales

The Late Princess Diana News Thread 5
commencing April 2007

The News thread part 4, covering the period September 2006 to April 2007, can be found here

Old 04-09-2007, 10:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince William to Donate to Diana's Cause
Prince William To Donate To Diana's Cause - Movie News - Playfuls.com - Fun & Entertainment
Old 04-09-2007, 11:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
I can't see the pictures.
Here is the portrait, stored in private account, hope you'll be able to view it. -----> Portrait
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 04-09-2007, 12:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like the idea but some of the portraits doesen't resemble The Princess of Wales.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234
this are ig news! was time that william and harry work for her mother memory, especially in the fundation.
I read millions of times that the relations with the spencer are bad, we can see that this was a lie
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 04-09-2007, 01:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon
this are ig news! was time that william and harry work for her mother memory, especially in the fundation.
I read millions of times that the relations with the spencer are bad, we can see that this was a lie
I agree with you, it was good of Prince William to decide to donate to the foundation.
However I fail to see what had this decision to do with Prince William or Prince Harry's relationships with the Spencers.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 04-09-2007, 02:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
I agree with you, it was good of Prince William to decide to donate to the foundation.
However I fail to see what had this decision to do with Prince William or Prince Harry's relationships with the Spencers.
the diana princess of wales memorial fund was a earl spencer's preject, if william and harry don0t agree with this william now can close that fundation and do his own fundation for her mother.
you cann see my point? my english is bad
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 04-09-2007, 02:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
the diana princess of wales memorial fund was a earl spencer's preject, if william and harry don0t agree with this william now can close that fundation and do his own fundation for her mother.
Your English is fine corazon. I can see your opinion and I respect it.
However I think that the decision is about donation to their Mother's foundation, rather then Earl Spencer's project, if he has anything to do with it.
I'm not saying that the Princes' relationships with their uncle are bad. I just don't necessarily see the prove of opposite in the decision of donating to the fund.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Your english is fine Corazon, my spanish is horrible. I do hope that William and Harry are on speaking terms.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
the diana princess of wales memorial fund was a earl spencer's preject,
The fund was set up by a variety of people, Earl Spencer was not one of them.

Diana Princess of Wales Memorial Fund - Homepage

Trustee who apologised for Diana fund 'errors' resigns

Spencers condemned over 'vulgar' use of Diana's name
Old 04-10-2007, 10:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Exhibit Celebrates the Memory of Late Princess of Wales

Exhibit Celebrates the Memory of Late Princess of Wales - Arts & Entertainment
Old 04-10-2007, 03:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

I don't think this is a new exhibition, just the same one that has been doing the rounds for a couple of years.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:09 PM
Gentry

Does anyone in London know if the exhibit at Kensington Palace will still be there in August, 2007? Thank you in advance for your reply.

Lily
Old 04-11-2007, 03:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily97
Does anyone in London know if the exhibit at Kensington Palace will still be there in August, 2007? Thank you in advance for your reply.

Lily
I suppose it is still in Kensington Palace until December,31 2007.
Check out this page : Historic Royal Palaces > Home > Kensington Palace > What's on
Old 04-11-2007, 09:53 PM
Serene Highness

Report Says Bolshoi Will Produce Princess Diana Ballet - Bolshoi Denies

PlaybillArts: News: Report Says Bolshoi Will Produce Princess Diana Ballet - Bolshoi Denies
Old 04-11-2007, 09:54 PM
Serene Highness

When you think of David Emanuel you think of glamour and Princess Diana

icWales - When you think of David Emanuel you think of glamour and Princess Diana
Old 04-11-2007, 11:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Royal foibles on parade
Royal foibles on parade | The Japan Times Online
Old 04-12-2007, 05:25 PM
Gentry

Smile

Thank you very much for the information The Truth that makes me very very happy.

Lily
Old 04-12-2007, 05:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily97
Thank you very much for the information The Truth that makes me very very happy.

Lily
No problem . I'd like to go to the exhibition too but I'm afraid there will be alot of people, especially during the summer holiday. I believe that Althorp too will be crowded. Maybe you should book some tickets if you want to be sure of getting in ... .

Tags
diana princess of wales, princess diana