The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 07:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

'Diana' returns to Cote d'Azur
http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=19&cs=1

Old 04-16-2007, 09:13 PM
Serene Highness

Charles's Charity To Move Into Diana's Apartments

The Royalist - Charles's Charity To Move Into Diana's Apartments

Old 04-16-2007, 11:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

How very odd that they will be using Diana 's old apartments. Well its for charity that will benefit children. < ed >
Old 04-17-2007, 06:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfg02
About time the empty rooms were put to good use! The article seems a little short on accuracy.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfg02

The Royalist - Charles's Charity To Move Into Diana's Apartments
This is one very wierd article.

Diana was not the first and only occupant of those Apartments, and it seems fitting that a Charity should make use of the empty space.

The implication that there are 'Charles Charities' and 'Diana's Charities' and that we should somehow choose up sides and despise the 'loser's' charities is more than a little whacked.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:13 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG
The implication that there are 'Charles Charities' and 'Diana's Charities' and that we should somehow choose up sides and despise the 'loser's' charities is more than a little whacked.
It's "The War of The Waleses" continuing to be fought through substitutes. The use of charities as ammunition in the hostilities gives an indication of the mindset.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
It's "The War of The Waleses" continuing to be fought through substitutes. The use of charities as ammunition in the hostilities gives an indication of the mindset.
I keep thinking there will come a time when we can all move on and live in the now, but then again a pig just flew past my window, so my reasoning faculties are obvious shot to hell! :w00t2:
Old 04-18-2007, 11:34 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG
This is one very wierd article.

Diana was not the first and only occupant of those Apartments, and it seems fitting that a Charity should make use of the empty space.

I have a question about the apartment -

Was this a different apartment to the one that Charles and Diana shared during their marriage or the same one?

If the same one then why shouldn't Charles' charities use one of his former homes?

I hope you see my point - namely that it wasn't only Diana's apartment.

Who else has lived in this exact apartment over the years I wonder?
Old 04-19-2007, 12:07 AM

Diana's Kensington Palace Apt.

Originally Charles & Diana shared the apt. Eventually Charles moved out and Diana lived there with their sons. After the divorce, Diana was told she could live in the apt. Therefore, since the apt. was Diana's, it seems strange that Charles's charity and not Diana's will be housed there.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:38 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth Harris
Originally Charles & Diana shared the apt. Eventually Charles moved out and Diana lived there with their sons. After the divorce, Diana was told she could live in the apt. Therefore, since the apt. was Diana's, it seems strange that Charles's charity and not Diana's will be housed there.

On the contrary - as they both had it as their family home there is no reason why a charity associated with Charles shouldn't be there - in my opinion.

It was where Charles lived as well - that is my whole point - it wasn't just Diana who lived there.

It is like so many things to do with Diana and Charles - it is either one or the other but not both e.g. frequently when either William or Harry do something good it is because they are Diana's sons but when it is something bad it is because they are Charles' sons. I rarely ever see them referred to as the sons of both of their parents.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:50 AM
Administrator

Put more simply, Kensington Palace is a Royal residence. The POW's charities have royal oversight (eg The Prince's Trust), while Diana's charities are operated and managed independently; ie they are outside of the Royal Family's influence or control.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:28 PM
Nobility

Diana just loved her charities. I understand that POW charities will be moving in but i think that diana would have loved that some good things will be done in the the house that they shared.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:48 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by msleiman
Diana just loved her charities. I understand that POW charities will be moving in but i think that diana would have loved that some good things will be done in the the house that they shared.

A very good point - they both work/worked hard for their charities and particularly children's charities and the charity that is moving in is one for children.

Personally I think that she would have been pleased to see the space being used for this purpose.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:58 PM
Serene Highness

Princess Diana's bike goes under the hammer

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/conte...A27%3A50%3A450
Old 04-22-2007, 10:56 PM
Courtier

The most savage attack on Diana EVER

From SHARON CHURCHER in New York - More by this author Last updated at 00:12am on 23rd April 2007
Comments (25)
When Tina Brown wrote her devastating critique of the marriage of Prince Charles and Princess Diana in the American society magazine Vanity Fair in October 1985, it caused a furore on both sides of the Atlantic.

The cover story - with the eye-catching headline "The mouse that roared" - painted an unflattering portrait of an estranged couple just four years into what had, until then, always been cringeingly referred to as a "fairytale marriage".

The most savage attack on Diana EVER | the Daily Mail

'I read it to Diana's coffin and heard a whisper'

Launching our major series on rhetoric, one of only three living figures selected for inclusion describes for the first time how he wrote his momentous address

Charles Spencer
Saturday April 21, 2007
The Guardian

August 31 1997 started for me long before dawn. News of Diana's crash was followed by mounting concern, and then confirmation that reports of a broken leg and mild head wounds had been wildly optimistic: the girl I had grown up with, and known for all of my life, had been pursued into a tunnel in Paris, and had been killed.

'I read it to Diana's coffin and heard a whisper' | The Guardian | Guardian Unlimited
Old 04-22-2007, 11:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Almost 10 years have past on and the vultures are still picking on Princess Diana's bones. This author is below pathetic.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Isn't that what everyone who posts in these threads does?
Old 04-23-2007, 07:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

No I don't think so Skydragon. But when someone publishes a book that may not be true about Diana to make money while vilifying her. Thats not allowing her to rest in peace
Old 04-23-2007, 08:14 AM
Administrator

Discussion of Tina's Brown's not-yet-released book should be done in the Royal Library thread (already 3 pages long).
Old 04-23-2007, 08:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

It is sad when you realise that while ever anyone is raking over old photo's, old news etc, that is not letting her rest.

If people did not buy the 'tell all' books, there would be no market and the publishers would, quite simply, stop publishing. This new book will make the author a tidy sum, IMO.

I hate to think what the latest revelations will do to William, Harry and Charles.

Tags
diana princess of wales, princess diana