The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Well known yes, but not necessarily more important to the police or ambulance men, to whom every person is important. They did all the investigation they considered vital at the time considering the majority of them probably realised it was just another drunk driver.
I second this. I remember one of the doctors saying that he didn't even know one of the victims was Diana. He just rushed over and started trying to save their lives. He helped pull Diana from the rubbish without even knowing who she was, just knowing she was someone who needed his help. I think people who work on the medical profession are trained to respond automatically and routinely in emergencies and the adrenaline rush causes them to act with speed and efficiency and they don't always process the facts until after the fact.

Old 06-04-2007, 07:54 PM
Serene Highness

M-Net dedicates channel to Princess Diana

entertainment.iafrica.com | television | inside story M-Net dedicates channel to Princess Diana

Old 06-05-2007, 04:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Question lingers 'After Diana': Who is Prince Harry's dad?

As the 10th anniversary of Princess Diana's death approaches, a new book takes another look at a long-dismissed claim that Prince Harry's father was actually Diana's lover, James Hewitt.

Question lingers 'After Diana': Who is Prince Harry's dad? - USATODAY.com

Diana's sons plead in vain over TV pictures

Princes William and Harry pleaded in vain with Channel 4 on Tuesday not to broadcast graphic photos in a documentary about the death of Princess Diana in a Paris car crash 10 years ago

Diana's sons plead in vain over TV pictures - Yahoo! News UK

Channel 4 Defiant Over Diana Crash Pics

Channel 4 has insisted it will show controversial images of the crash that killed Princess Diana despite her sons asking the broadcaster not to. A senior aide to Princes William and Harry wrote to the channel, saying the royals believe airing the graphic images would be a "gross disrespect to their mother's memory.

Channel 4 Defiant Over Diana Crash Pics - Yahoo! News UK

Channel 4 documentary on Paris tunnel – Clarence House statement and letter

Clarence House today published on its website a copy of a letter sent by Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton, the Private Secretary to Prince William and Prince Harry, to Channel 4 about its documentary on the death of Diana, Princess of Wales, “The Witnesses in the Tunnel”, which is due to be broadcast on Wednesday 6th June

The Prince of Wales - Channel 4 documentary on Paris tunnel – Clarence House statement and letter

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/cont...une%202007.pdf
Old 06-05-2007, 10:06 AM
Royal Highness

it's all over the news here, about this documentary, and how the pictures "are in the public interest". how can pictures of a dying woman be in the public interest? i think it's hurtful and in extremely bad taste.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think it troubles me that the same people complaining about seeing pictures of a dying or dead Diana, will happily watch graphic news articles showing umpteen bodies or men, women and children with their limbs blown off. The recent images on TV of Iraqi children celebrating the death of British officers by stealing personal effects and tossing her blood splattered helmet about springs to mind, I didn't see anyone standing up for that young woman in the aftermath of her death.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:42 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I think it troubles me that the same people complaining about seeing pictures of a dying or dead Diana, will happily watch graphic news articles showing umpteen bodies or men, women and children with their limbs blown off. The recent images on TV of Iraqi children celebrating the death of British officers by stealing personal effects and tossing her blood splattered helmet about springs to mind, I didn't see anyone standing up for that young woman in the aftermath of her death.
That is not necessarilytrue Skydragon. I don't think that Channel 4 should air this documentary and I don't watch graphic news reports. When stories like the ones you described come on I change the channel.

Although Channel 4 says that "Most commentators who have actually seen the programme praise it for the sensitive way it deals with a very delicate issue" the Prince's secratary who saw the documentary did not feel that way and he knows the Prince's. Also, although Channel 4 is saying they are showing the programme because of "public interest" as if they are providing some kind of service to people, I think it is simply a grab for viewers and ratings.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:39 PM

I agree 100% with Skydragon on this. I had the same thought yesterday. It really is not different from seeing a Scorcese film. I don't like it in cinema anymore than I like it in real time, whether it's an Iraqi soldier or a ten years' dead princess. I don't watch the Iraqi news coverage for that reason. I read papers and magazine articles, and even then can't entirely avoid it, so I don't need TV graphic images adding to the demons in my head. Life is hard enough without having these kinds of sick images, and besides, it doesn't help anyone seeing these things. Giving a few dollars to the Red Cross or something like it is much more productive than looking at photos of dead and dying people.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:42 PM

Ok. Quite by accident I was reading a blog about the Chi picture and to my suprise, the photograph was included at the end of the blog. I have to say that the picture is extremely tame and to be quite honest, you wouldn't know it was Di unless you were told. Having seen the picture, I can now say that I don't know what the fuss is over.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:06 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassie
And wouldn't that be lovely? After all, you can't read what isn't published.
Then we couldn't be in here gossiping.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I think it troubles me that the same people complaining about seeing pictures of a dying or dead Diana, will happily watch graphic news articles showing umpteen bodies or men, women and children with their limbs blown off....
...or graphic slasher or war movies.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Time to close this thread.
Part 6 of the news thread for the late Diana, Princess of Wales can be found here.

Thanks to everyone, who contributed to this thread.

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Closed Thread

Tags
diana princess of wales, princess diana